NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family reunion.

4 posters

Go down

Family reunion.  Empty Family reunion.

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:21 pm

A good message for today. Spend 4 minutes of your life watching it. You will be a better person for it (at least temporarily). Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Family reunion.  Empty Re: Family reunion.

Post by JulesV Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Sudan was split into two - north and south. No idea why ...... I'd have to go and read it up.
But I know that many people lost their homes and livelihoods in the process and they had to go live in refugee camps.  

Historically,  unstable countries often split  into north and south during terrible wars.  Korea, Vietnam, and Cyprus being typical examples.   Accompanied by millions of deaths. No

-----------------------------
Anyway, yes - a happy ending for the family concerned, OP. rendeer

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:16 pm

JulesV wrote:Sudan was split into two - north and south. No idea why ...... I'd have to go and read it up.
But I know that many people lost their homes and livelihoods in the process and they had to go live in refugee camps.  

Historically,  unstable countries often split  into north and south during terrible wars.  Korea, Vietnam, and Cyprus being typical examples.   Accompanied by millions of deaths. No

Usually with some overlord nation doing some officious inter-meddling. Like Trump, with puppeteer Putin.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:53 pm

JulesV wrote:Sudan was split into two - north and south. No idea why ...... I'd have to go and read it up.

The North is Arabic and Muslim. The South is sub Saharan African and Christian.

Like most countries in the Middle East and Africa their boundaries were drawn up by European colonists. When the Europeans left, there were countries that were comprised of different people that didn't like each other.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Maddog wrote:

Like most countries in the Middle East and Africa their boundaries were drawn up by European colonists. When the Europeans left, there were countries that were comprised of different people that didn't like each other.  

That way, they'd stand a much smaller chance of becoming powerful competitors.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:56 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

That way, they'd stand a much smaller chance of becoming powerful competitors.

The boundaries are a result of colonialism. Same is in North and South America. They were divided up and traded for their resources.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down