NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family reunion.

Go down

Family reunion.  Empty Family reunion.

Post by Maddog on Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:21 pm

A good message for today. Spend 4 minutes of your life watching it. You will be a better person for it (at least temporarily). Wink

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Family reunion.  Empty Re: Family reunion.

Post by JulesV on Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Sudan was split into two - north and south. No idea why ...... I'd have to go and read it up.
But I know that many people lost their homes and livelihoods in the process and they had to go live in refugee camps.  

Historically,  unstable countries often split  into north and south during terrible wars.  Korea, Vietnam, and Cyprus being typical examples.   Accompanied by millions of deaths. No

-----------------------------
Anyway, yes - a happy ending for the family concerned, OP. rendeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:16 pm

JulesV wrote:Sudan was split into two - north and south. No idea why ...... I'd have to go and read it up.
But I know that many people lost their homes and livelihoods in the process and they had to go live in refugee camps.  

Historically,  unstable countries often split  into north and south during terrible wars.  Korea, Vietnam, and Cyprus being typical examples.   Accompanied by millions of deaths. No

Usually with some overlord nation doing some officious inter-meddling. Like Trump, with puppeteer Putin.

"What's your's is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...  Putin tells him what to think.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:53 pm

JulesV wrote:Sudan was split into two - north and south. No idea why ...... I'd have to go and read it up.

The North is Arabic and Muslim. The South is sub Saharan African and Christian.

Like most countries in the Middle East and Africa their boundaries were drawn up by European colonists. When the Europeans left, there were countries that were comprised of different people that didn't like each other.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Maddog wrote:

Like most countries in the Middle East and Africa their boundaries were drawn up by European colonists. When the Europeans left, there were countries that were comprised of different people that didn't like each other.  

That way, they'd stand a much smaller chance of becoming powerful competitors.

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:56 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

That way, they'd stand a much smaller chance of becoming powerful competitors.

The boundaries are a result of colonialism. Same is in North and South America. They were divided up and traded for their resources.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum