NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by JulesV on Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Word up!
I remember times when the Tory party was in absolute tatters, completely unelectable - and yet they recovered.  
Ditto for the labour party!  


Labour's fightback to repair the damage to their reputation has already started. They  hit the ground running. No time to waste. Hitting rock bottom was good for them, it's a wake up call. Reading the media, I gather that this is what they are doing > >

1.The moderates will take over the party. They will be ruthless.
2. They will cut off the far left, the dead wood, the chancre & the poison.
3. Corbyn has finally put his hand up and admitted responsibility for the collapse in the national labour vote, and he is stepping down. He's already history, his detractors will get no more mileage from  obsessing about him any more.
4. Ditto his deputy.
5. Plenty of new up & coming talent is emerging, there is a new generation of moderate socialists.


It's a long road ahead and it will be tough-going but 5 years gives them plenty of time.  flower

_________________
Live Love Laugh
JulesV
JulesV

Posts : 4050
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by JulesV on Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:30 pm

New talent. The new generation of potential labour leaders > >

Eg, take a look a Corbyn's 3 sons. Bright, youthful handsome Adonis types especially The Prince William lookalike. Laughing

If they decide to go into politics, they will not take after their father, who tried to please too many diverse groups, some of them dodgy. His sons will be part of a brand new, moderate labour party. (if the links don't work, you can google " Jeremy Corbyn's sons "


Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun 3027



So, there we are!!

_________________
Live Love Laugh
JulesV
JulesV

Posts : 4050
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by nicko on Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:38 pm

For fucks sake are you serious ?
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13352
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:58 pm

given the NEC is institutionally Corbynite and momentum , somehow I doubt what you are saying.


_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 11425
Join date : 2015-11-06

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:01 pm

JulesV wrote:New talent. The new generation of potential labour leaders > >

Eg, take a look a Corbyn's  3 sons. Bright, youthful handsome Adonis types especially The Prince William lookalike. Laughing

If they decide to go into politics, they will not take after their father, who tried to please too many diverse groups, some of them dodgy. His sons will be part of a brand new, moderate labour party. (if the links don't work, you can google " Jeremy Corbyn's sons "


Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun 3027



So, there we are!!

As the satirical magazine would say at this point: "That's enough Corbyns. Ed."

Your pipe dream immediately brings to my mind the thought of Kim Jong-un - he of the silly haircut, fat belly and apparent liking for super-fit young women in military uniform - succeeding the even more barking mad Kim il-Sung.

I'm all in favour of Labour re-establishing itself as a responsible political party fit to govern (and that ain't a promise to vote for it!) but the thought of establishing a family dynasty with another Corbyn at the helm, ladies' eye-candy or not, makes me feel physically sick.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2014-01-23

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by nicko on Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:07 pm

There's an old saying ,like Father like Son, not always correct, but why risk it ?
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13352
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:50 pm




Oh dear...


Jules is again proving that she is quite mad...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 24893
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by JulesV on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:46 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:As the satirical magazine would say at this point: "That's enough Corbyns. Ed."

Your pipe dream immediately brings to my mind the thought of Kim Jong-un - he of the silly haircut, fat belly and apparent liking for super-fit young women in military uniform - succeeding the even more barking mad Kim il-Sung.

I'm all in favour of Labour re-establishing itself as a responsible political party fit to govern (and that ain't a promise to vote for it!) but the thought of establishing a family dynasty with another Corbyn at the helm, ladies' eye-candy or not, makes me feel physically sick.

Hi FM. Tony Benn's son was not a political clone of him, he had a different way of thinking. Ditto Cobyn's, I expect. And if any of his sons are interested in politics I think they will play a role behind the scenes and help clean up the party, to make amends for the devastating defeat that is being blamed on their father.

(Trump's many kids were always there for him, supporting him 100% , even with all this talk of him paying off porn stars and the Ukraine saga. It's natural to give a dad moral support. )

I've watched various labour MPs being interviewed and this thread is a compilation of all the proposals I've seen the sensible ones make, about how to try and turn things around. Long road ahead but a very long journey starts with a single step, eh FM.  Laughing

_________________
Live Love Laugh
JulesV
JulesV

Posts : 4050
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by gelico on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:52 pm

JulesV wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:As the satirical magazine would say at this point: "That's enough Corbyns. Ed."

Your pipe dream immediately brings to my mind the thought of Kim Jong-un - he of the silly haircut, fat belly and apparent liking for super-fit young women in military uniform - succeeding the even more barking mad Kim il-Sung.

I'm all in favour of Labour re-establishing itself as a responsible political party fit to govern (and that ain't a promise to vote for it!) but the thought of establishing a family dynasty with another Corbyn at the helm, ladies' eye-candy or not, makes me feel physically sick.

Hi FM. Tony Benn's son was not a political clone of him, he had a different way of thinking. Ditto Cobyn's, I expect. And if any of his sons are interested in politics I think they will play a role behind the scenes and help clean up the party, to make amends for the devastating defeat that is being blamed on their father.

(Trump's many kids were always there for him, supporting him 100% , even with all this talk of him paying off porn stars and the Ukraine saga. It's natural to give a dad moral support. )

I've watched various labour MPs being interviewed and this thread is a compilation of all the proposals I've seen the sensible ones make, about how to try and turn things around. Long road ahead but a very long journey starts with a single step, eh FM.  Laughing


have any of them actually shown any interest?

i haven't seen any interviews or anything involving his sons so i have no idea what's going on


gelico

Posts : 1061
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by JulesV on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Oh dear...

Jules is again proving that she is quite mad...


Thank you for your usual constructive comments.
I have already congratulated all the tory members on the election results. The tories did very well.

However if you don't want to see any posts saying Labour can improve their party, then  perhaps you should go make your own forum.

_________________
Live Love Laugh
JulesV
JulesV

Posts : 4050
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by JulesV on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:07 am

gelico wrote:
JulesV wrote:

Hi FM. Tony Benn's son was not a political clone of him, he had a different way of thinking. Ditto Cobyn's, I expect. And if any of his sons are interested in politics I think they will play a role behind the scenes and help clean up the party, to make amends for the devastating defeat that is being blamed on their father.

(Trump's many kids were always there for him, supporting him 100% , even with all this talk of him paying off porn stars and the Ukraine saga. It's natural to give a dad moral support. )

I've watched various labour MPs being interviewed and this thread is a compilation of all the proposals I've seen the sensible ones make, about how to try and turn things around. Long road ahead but a very long journey starts with a single step, eh FM.  Laughing


have any of them actually shown any interest?

i haven't seen any interviews or anything involving his sons so i have no idea what's going on

One of them has said he's upset about watching his dad receive so much abuse, gel.  I just like their quiet dignity and the way they are so supportive of their dad despite the fact that they may not necessary agree with his political beliefs.

_________________
Live Love Laugh
JulesV
JulesV

Posts : 4050
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 am

JulesV wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:As the satirical magazine would say at this point: "That's enough Corbyns. Ed."

Your pipe dream immediately brings to my mind the thought of Kim Jong-un - he of the silly haircut, fat belly and apparent liking for super-fit young women in military uniform - succeeding the even more barking mad Kim il-Sung.

I'm all in favour of Labour re-establishing itself as a responsible political party fit to govern (and that ain't a promise to vote for it!) but the thought of establishing a family dynasty with another Corbyn at the helm, ladies' eye-candy or not, makes me feel physically sick.

Hi FM. Tony Benn's son was not a political clone of him, he had a different way of thinking. Ditto Cobyn's, I expect. And if any of his sons are interested in politics I think they will play a role behind the scenes and help clean up the party, to make amends for the devastating defeat that is being blamed on their father.

(Trump's many kids were always there for him, supporting him 100% , even with all this talk of him paying off porn stars and the Ukraine saga. It's natural to give a dad moral support. )

I've watched various labour MPs being interviewed and this thread is a compilation of all the proposals I've seen the sensible ones make, about how to try and turn things around. Long road ahead but a very long journey starts with a single step, eh FM.  Laughing

Yes, I agree that Hilary Benn seems to be a level headed chap and no doubt a good constituency MP, and I'd rate Stephen Kinnock the same.

As an aside, as a young newspaper reporter in Luton (no, don't laugh, it's true. But I soon moved on!) I covered one of Tony Benn's speeches and I was much impressed. But he was, of course, a far more amiable and witty chap than Corbyn.

He was a bit of a hypocrite, of course, because while he was a great exponent of the general "right to roam" on other landowners' property, as the former Viscount Stansgate he fought like a tiger to stop  public access to his own bit or rural England.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2014-01-23

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by JulesV on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:21 am

You've had some great experiences and met some outstanding characters in your job, FM. Such a rich supply of anecdotes to dine out on. Super ! Cool

_________________
Live Love Laugh
JulesV
JulesV

Posts : 4050
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by gelico on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:37 am

JulesV wrote:
gelico wrote:


have any of them actually shown any interest?

i haven't seen any interviews or anything involving his sons so i have no idea what's going on

One of them has said he's upset about watching his dad receive so much abuse, gel.  I just like their quiet dignity and the way they are so supportive of their dad despite the fact that they may not necessary agree with his political beliefs.


i'm not surprised, jules. it has been really toxic for some time, so they are bound to be upset.

corbyn still retained his seat as MP regardless. he just isn't going to lead the party any more

what i meant was have any of his sons shown any interest in getting involved in politics at all?

also, heard rumour (not sure how true it is) that it's likely to be Rebecca Long-Bailey or Jess Phillips as leader.

what are your thoughts?


gelico

Posts : 1061
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Eilzel on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:52 am

gelico wrote:
JulesV wrote:
gelico wrote:


have any of them actually shown any interest?

i haven't seen any interviews or anything involving his sons so i have no idea what's going on

One of them has said he's upset about watching his dad receive so much abuse, gel.  I just like their quiet dignity and the way they are so supportive of their dad despite the fact that they may not necessary agree with his political beliefs.


i'm not surprised, jules.  it has been really toxic for some time, so they are bound to be upset.

corbyn still retained his seat as MP regardless.  he just isn't going to lead the party any more

what i meant was have any of his sons shown any interest in getting involved in politics at all?

also, heard rumour (not sure how true it is) that it's likely to be Rebecca Long-Bailey or Jess Phillips as leader.

what are your thoughts?


Gonna give my thoughts on those two.

I think RLB is just a young, female Corbyn. Way top close to the current leader for. She speaks well but that won't matter. Also, judging by the way the press villainise all leaders they don't favour, she'd be characterised as a petulant little girl with not enough experience. To be clear, I'd personally like RLB as leader, but as the election showed, what a few may like may not work for the masses and the RW media.

I actually think Jess would tear Boris apart at PMQs. She has centrist appeal for sure and if the country is struggling in 2024 I think she'd have a great chance of winning a GE. BUT the left of the party seem more interested in supporting 'their own' than trying to gain wider appeal and actually WIN. So Jess may not get close.

I hope I'm wrong.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 35
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:54 pm

JulesV wrote:You've had some great experiences and met some outstanding characters in your job, FM.  Such a rich supply of anecdotes to dine out on.  Super ! Cool

I've just been so incredibly lucky with the cards that life dealt me, Jules - at least most of the time. I just hope my dining partners don't find me too much of a crashing bore!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2014-01-23

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:32 pm




Jess Phillips is a twat.

So is thornbury... and she is hated by the working class... she is typical of what labour is now... a bunch of hypocritical middle class champagne socialists who are only in it for themselves!


Their smug arrogant self righteousness is the main problem with the labour party... people are not stupid as these tests would like to believe... and people can see through the lies and the spin...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 24893
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Eilzel on Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:54 am

Tommy Monk wrote:


Jess Phillips is a twat.

So is thornbury... and she is hated by the working class... she is typical of what labour is now... a bunch of hypocritical middle class champagne socialists who are only in it for themselves!


Their smug arrogant self righteousness is the main problem with the labour party... people are not stupid as these tests would like to believe... and people can see through the lies and the spin...

To be fair, I doubt anyone who hates Labour is going to hear any name mentioned and say 'oh there's a good choice!'

To demonstrate, what are your views on:

Rebecca Long Bailey
Keir Starmer
Yvette Cooper
Lisa Nandy
?

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 35
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:52 am

Tommy Monk wrote:


Jess Phillips is a twat.

So is thornbury... and she is hated by the working class... she is typical of what labour is now... a bunch of hypocritical middle class champagne socialists who are only in it for themselves!


Their smug arrogant self righteousness is the main problem with the labour party... people are not stupid as these tests would like to believe... and people can see through the lies and the spin...

You'd best vote for people who want to get rid of the NHS then, son!

_________________
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.”

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 29503
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : London metropolitan area

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by nicko on Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:53 am

Bullshit Ben, you've fallen for Labours scare tactics, thought you were more sensible !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13352
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:17 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Jess Phillips is a twat.

So is thornbury... and she is hated by the working class... she is typical of what labour is now... a bunch of hypocritical middle class champagne socialists who are only in it for themselves!


Their smug arrogant self righteousness is the main problem with the labour party... people are not stupid as these tests would like to believe... and people can see through the lies and the spin...

You'd best vote for people who want to get rid of the NHS then, son!

Ben, Johnson's new administration is so keen to "get rid" of the NHS that for the very first time that I can remember...and I can remember even now our "new" NHS family doctor, Dr Joy, setting up her "new" NHS surgery in the mining village in which I lived in the late 1940s...the protection of the proposed new and increased budget is being enshrined in law.

You obviously fell for Corbyn's biggest outright lies during the recent election campaign

1. The so-called 471 pages of trade discussions "proving" that the NHS was up for sale to Trump:

The truth is that as the UK is still in the EU, it is prevented by EU law from holding trade discussions with any country. What the "secret" document (so secret that it had been readily available online for weeks) was, was an internal departmental briefing paper giving an appraisal by government officials of what US trade negotiators might well (not "would") ask for in any future talks...including possible trade in NHS associated goods and services.

Corbyn failed to mention, for some obscure reason, the paragraph in which the author stated quite clearly that the Trump administration, which had mentioned the NHS in one of the President's speeches about future UK/US trading relations, was fully away that the NHS would not be on the table in any such talks.

2. In amongst all that thick wodge of "secret" government papers waved around by Corbyn at his press conference there were only four references to the NHS, and they were all about possible future discussions on medicine patents...something that we will have to discuss with any foreign drug manufacturer once we are no longer in the EU.

3. In spite of all the lurid tales and staged photographs used by Labour to show that the NHS had been starved of funds so much by the Tories that it is now hardly functioning, Corbyn's "shock-horror" press conference had a whole gaggle of NHS employed doctors and nurses wearing NHS-issue uniforms and with NHS-issue medical equipment dangling round their necks acting as document bearers running around the room distributing the 471 pages of so-called hard evidence to reporters.

Questions: Assuming that they were real doctors and nurses and not role-playing Young Socialists or Labour "luvvie" bit part actors doing their bit for the Marxist Messiah, (1) just how many operations and other consultations and medical procedures had to be cancelled or postponed so they could take part in the  farce?
(2) Again assuming they were real doctors and nurses, why were they allowed to wear their NHS-issue uniforms and take their NHS-issue stethoscopes etc. out of  clean and, hopefully, sterile hospital rooms into a grubby hall full of journalists, cameramen, politicians and assorted hangers-on? I hope that they at least washed their hands in the prescribed manner afterwards!

No-one cares for the NHS more than I do...because of what it did for me 18 months ago I'm still alive and will be eternally grateful...and I would never vote for a party which was not fully committed to it.

But I also know lies, fakery, hypocrisy, fraud and bullshit when I see them.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2014-01-23

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by nicko on Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:22 pm

Well said Fred, I owe my life to the NHS , Quadruple by-pass, Cancerous Prostate removed and regular checkups with Medication when required. Lefties, including Ben, fell for Labour chicanery hook line and sinker.
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13352
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Jess Phillips is a twat.

So is thornbury... and she is hated by the working class... she is typical of what labour is now... a bunch of hypocritical middle class champagne socialists who are only in it for themselves!


Their smug arrogant self righteousness is the main problem with the labour party... people are not stupid as these tests would like to believe... and people can see through the lies and the spin...

To be fair, I doubt anyone who hates Labour is going to hear any name mentioned and say 'oh there's a good choice!'

To demonstrate, what are your views on:

Rebecca Long Bailey
Keir Starmer
Yvette Cooper
Lisa Nandy
?

Rebecca who?

Kier Stammer - weasel

Yvette Cooper - cant stand her - a prime example of all that's wrong with labour and was a big part of the disasterous last labour govt.

Lisa Nandy - a repeater of the usual lefty lies and waffle.

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 24893
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Jess Phillips is a twat.

So is thornbury... and she is hated by the working class... she is typical of what labour is now... a bunch of hypocritical middle class champagne socialists who are only in it for themselves!


Their smug arrogant self righteousness is the main problem with the labour party... people are not stupid as these tests would like to believe... and people can see through the lies and the spin...

You'd best vote for people who want to get rid of the NHS then, son!


More of the NHS was privatised under the last labour govt, than under tory over the last 10 years... and it is EU rules that force the opening up of public services to be bid for running by private companies...


So thank fuck we are getting out if the EU at last!!!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 24893
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by gelico on Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Jess Phillips is a twat.

So is thornbury... and she is hated by the working class... she is typical of what labour is now... a bunch of hypocritical middle class champagne socialists who are only in it for themselves!


Their smug arrogant self righteousness is the main problem with the labour party... people are not stupid as these tests would like to believe... and people can see through the lies and the spin...

To be fair, I doubt anyone who hates Labour is going to hear any name mentioned and say 'oh there's a good choice!'

To demonstrate, what are your views on:

Rebecca Long Bailey
Keir Starmer
Yvette Cooper
Lisa Nandy
?


to be fair, there hasn't been a decent true labour man since the days of John Smith, imo


Tony Blair was a rebrand, new face, new hope, passion, charisma but look at the colossal damage his party ended up doing


all parliaments need a viable opposition

otherwise you just have a dictatorship


honestly, i really want labour to find a viable leader but i think their current pool is a dead loss

just saying



gelico

Posts : 1061
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by nicko on Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:11 pm

+1
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13352
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:21 am

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Jess Phillips is a twat.

So is thornbury... and she is hated by the working class... she is typical of what labour is now... a bunch of hypocritical middle class champagne socialists who are only in it for themselves!


Their smug arrogant self righteousness is the main problem with the labour party... people are not stupid as these tests would like to believe... and people can see through the lies and the spin...

To be fair, I doubt anyone who hates Labour is going to hear any name mentioned and say 'oh there's a good choice!'

To demonstrate, what are your views on:

Rebecca Long Bailey
Keir Starmer
Yvette Cooper
Lisa Nandy
?


to be fair, there hasn't been a decent true labour man since the days of John Smith, imo


Tony Blair was a rebrand, new face, new hope, passion, charisma but look at the colossal damage his party ended up doing


all parliaments need a viable opposition

otherwise you just have a dictatorship


honestly, i really want labour to find a viable leader but i think their current pool is a dead loss

just saying



For all his flaws, Blair did a lot of good for the country. But he was an absolute centrist and economically Thatcherite.

Again though, it is hugely unlikely to hear anything positive about a Labour leader from a non Labour voter, much like a non Tory voter will have little good to say of any Tory leader (I for instance, would cite Cameron as the best Tory in my life time, and he was pretty dreadful).

I doubt Conservatives or Brexit voters will say anything good about any of that list. While compulsive liar, serially sacked and catchphrase king Johnson is apparently 'churchillian' Laughing

Jess Phillips would be gold!

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 35
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:45 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Jess Phillips is a twat.

So is thornbury... and she is hated by the working class... she is typical of what labour is now... a bunch of hypocritical middle class champagne socialists who are only in it for themselves!


Their smug arrogant self righteousness is the main problem with the labour party... people are not stupid as these tests would like to believe... and people can see through the lies and the spin...

To be fair, I doubt anyone who hates Labour is going to hear any name mentioned and say 'oh there's a good choice!'

To demonstrate, what are your views on:

Rebecca Long Bailey (No personalty, lacks charisma and is a Corbynite. Be much of the same crap)
Keir Starmer   (Ok, but Labour need a charismatic female leader)
Yvette Cooper (possibility, but lacks support)
Lisa Nandy  ( Do not know enough about her)
?

See above

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:55 am

See above also lol

Btw, as someone opposed to intersectionality and woke-ness, why does Labour 'need' a female leader?

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 35
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:38 am



Blair did nothing good for this country... he was all lies and spin behind his big cheesy grin...


And his labour govts fiscal lunacy was the opposite of thatcherite economic policy...


And if you think that a working class guy like me, who is from a working class family history, hates labour... then that should tell you more about how labour have turned and how they no longer represent me and my typical working class views... not that I have changed away from them...


A

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 24893
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:57 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Blair did nothing good for this country... he was all lies and spin behind his big cheesy grin...


And his labour govts fiscal lunacy was the opposite of thatcherite economic policy...


And if you think that a working class guy like me, who is from a working class family history, hates labour... then that should tell you more about how labour have turned and how they no longer represent me and my typical working class views... not that I have changed away from them...


A

I'm also from a working class family, most of my family remain working class, they almost all voted Labour.

And as for what Blair did:

Cut NHS waiting times by 82%
Introduced minimum wage
Introduced right to 24 days paid holiday
Delivered peace in Ireland
Added 14,000 extra police
Opened 2,200 Sure Start centres
Introduced civil partnerships and lots of other gay rights legislation
Banned fox hunting
Free TV licenses for over 75s
Free entry to museums and art galleries
Free eyes tests and bus travel for pensioners

Their only big mistake was over deregulation of the banks - which the Tories would have gone further with!

But yeah, aside from all that, and MORE, Blair did nothing good for this country Rolling Eyes


Last edited by Eilzel on Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 35
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:37 am

Eilzel wrote:See above also lol

Btw, as someone opposed to intersectionality and woke-ness, why does Labour 'need' a female leader?

See above what?

Oh I see your view on people hating Labour? I dont hate Labour. I stand against Corbynism, Momentum. See how that works, you paranoid muppet. I never even dished them all. So on what do you mean other than this by the above

Again muppet

Also what has a view to believe labour could do with female leader, have anything to do worth intersectionality? That really shows you do not know what it means and to claim woke

Wow

Someone using intersectionalty. Would have called for a Black Muslim, gay, non-binary, disabled, trans species, trans women.

Muppet

Labour has never had a female leader, maybe its time for a change, being as its 2019 and not 1919

At the end of the day the best person should do the role, but as its voted for by a majority bunch of extremists momentum majority Labour members, its hardly going to be democratic or fair who is voted in

Its simple my opinion, what Labour could do with in winning over more people back to Labour. Being as far more women voted for the Tories than they did Labour in the election

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:17 am

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:See above also lol

Btw, as someone opposed to intersectionality and woke-ness, why does Labour 'need' a female leader?

See above what?

Oh I see your view on people hating Labour? I dont hate Labour. I stand against Corbynism, Momentum. See how that works, you paranoid muppet. I never even dished them all. So on what do you mean other than this by the above

Again muppet

Also what has a view to believe labour could do with female leader, have anything to do worth intersectionality? That really shows you do not know what it means and to claim woke

Wow

Someone using intersectionalty. Would have called for a Black Muslim, gay, non-binary, disabled, trans species, trans women.

Muppet

Labour has never had a female leader, maybe its time for a change, being as its 2019 and not 1919

At the end of the day the best person should do the role, but as its voted for by a majority bunch of extremists momentum majority Labour members, its hardly going to be democratic or fair who is voted in

Its simple my opinion, what Labour could do with in winning over more people back to Labour. Being as far more women voted for the Tories than they did Labour in the election

Muppet.

Wow.

Muppet.

Shit. Didge got stuck again Laughing

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 35
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by nicko on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:43 am

Les, got to pick you up on a mistake in your list. Blair did not negotiate peace in Ireland, it was Mo Molem who did that. Blair gave in to the IRA demands , witch in my opinion was a craven bit of politicking . He gave the IRA a free hand to carry on with their illegal practices . Remember I did three tours of NI ,if Blair had had the guts to give the SAS a free hand the IRA would have been pretty well wiped out. We knew who their leaders were, where they lived what they did, even the colour of their underpants, but he gave them a letter to go free !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13352
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:54 am

nicko wrote:Les, got to pick you up on a mistake in your list. Blair did not negotiate peace in Ireland, it was Mo Molem who did that. Blair gave in to the IRA demands , witch in my opinion was a craven bit of politicking . He gave the IRA a free hand to carry on with their illegal practices . Remember I did three tours of NI ,if Blair had had the guts to give the SAS a free hand the IRA would have been pretty well wiped out. We knew who their leaders were, where they lived what they did, even the colour of their underpants, but he gave them a letter to go free !

Nicko, military solutions can never completely eradicate calls for self-determination. The Irish Republican movement wouldn't have died even if the SAS had wiped out their leadership. Regardless, Mo Molem served under a Labour government and Blair was involved in the process. The role of a leader cannot be disregarded, whether that leader is Blair, Thatcher, Wilson, Heath or whoever else.

Of course, you only addressed one part of the list. He still did all those other things too, and a whole lot more during his premiership.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 35
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:51 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

See above what?

Oh I see your view on people hating Labour? I dont hate Labour. I stand against Corbynism, Momentum. See how that works, you paranoid muppet. I never even dished them all. So on what do you mean other than this by the above

Again muppet

Also what has a view to believe labour could do with female leader, have anything to do worth intersectionality? That really shows you do not know what it means and to claim woke

Wow

Someone using intersectionalty. Would have called for a Black Muslim, gay, non-binary, disabled, trans species, trans women.

Muppet

Labour has never had a female leader, maybe its time for a change, being as its 2019 and not 1919

At the end of the day the best person should do the role, but as its voted for by a majority bunch of extremists momentum majority Labour members, its hardly going to be democratic or fair who is voted in

Its simple my opinion, what Labour could do with in winning over more people back to Labour. Being as far more women voted for the Tories than they did Labour in the election

Muppet.

Wow.

Muppet.

Shit. Didge got stuck again Laughing

Loll Beaker comes out with more whatboutism

After I easily destroyed his false assertions

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun OIP.J__EU3NI_QgUBYJY7INGlQHaEo?w=290&h=181&c=7&o=5&pid=1

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:59 pm

John Major laid the foundations of the peace process in NI...

And the minimum wage was only brought in after labour fukked the economy by opening the doors to mass immigration, which massively pushed up the cost of living while holding down wages with the influx of cheap unskilled workers...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 24893
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by The Devil, You Know on Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:
nicko wrote:Les, got to pick you up on a mistake in your list. Blair did not negotiate peace in Ireland, it was Mo Molem who did that. Blair gave in to the IRA demands , witch in my opinion was a craven bit of politicking . He gave the IRA a free hand to carry on with their illegal practices . Remember I did three tours of NI ,if Blair had had the guts to give the SAS a free hand the IRA would have been pretty well wiped out. We knew who their leaders were, where they lived what they did, even the colour of their underpants, but he gave them a letter to go free !

Nicko, military solutions can never completely eradicate calls for self-determination. The Irish Republican movement wouldn't have died even if the SAS had wiped out their leadership. Regardless, Mo Molem served under a Labour government and Blair was involved in the process. The role of a leader cannot be disregarded, whether that leader is Blair, Thatcher, Wilson, Heath or whoever else.

Of course, you only addressed one part of the list. He still did all those other things too, and a whole lot more during his premiership.
a process started by Major.
Like the NHS, labour endlessly try to claim it for themselves.
what is clear though is that jeremy corbyn had no hand in the peace process and according to some IRA members prolonged the whole thing by giving them succour.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Eilzel on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:26 am

Tommy Monk wrote:John Major laid the foundations of the peace process in NI...

And the minimum wage was only brought in after labour fukked the economy by opening the doors to mass immigration, which massively pushed up the cost of living while holding down wages with the influx of cheap unskilled workers...



Erm, the minimum wage was brought in in 1998.

The only economic downturn was in 2008, during a GLOBAL financial crisis.

Come on, tommy, it's not even that long ago...

And you don't even address most of the list. Subsequently, you are wrong to say Labour under Blair did nothinh for the UK.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 35
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:39 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Nicko, military solutions can never completely eradicate calls for self-determination. The Irish Republican movement wouldn't have died even if the SAS had wiped out their leadership. Regardless, Mo Molem served under a Labour government and Blair was involved in the process. The role of a leader cannot be disregarded, whether that leader is Blair, Thatcher, Wilson, Heath or whoever else.

Of course, you only addressed one part of the list. He still did all those other things too, and a whole lot more during his premiership.
a process started by Major.
Like the NHS, labour endlessly try to claim it for themselves.
what is clear though is that jeremy corbyn had no hand in the peace process and according to some IRA members prolonged the whole thing by giving them succour.
Idea

More lies from DYKnose's idiot corner...

A couple of days ago, the Tories announced that they will be phasing out extra services for the disabled over the next 4 years !!!

No wonder Deano's so joyful here and now --  his Tory masters have now declared their 'final solution' to dealing with Britain's disabled, ill, poor and homeless.   Kill all those unproductive ingrates off over the next term in office  !

(Just nobody tell DopeyDawg --  else he will be trying to import these new Tory guidelines over to Texas..).

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 8183
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 62
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by nicko on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:32 am

"Phasing out" services for the Disabled ? Where did you hear that load of crap ? I think you make up this left wing crap in your dreams !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 13352
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun Empty Re: Labour's Long Fightback Has ALready Begun

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum