NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daily Mail - the new face of McCarthyism

4 posters

Go down

The Daily Mail - the new face of McCarthyism Empty The Daily Mail - the new face of McCarthyism

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:34 am

The Daily Mail - the new face of McCarthyism

First it was Ed Milliband's father, now it's Harriet Harman and co.  

Reading about McCarthy when I was a young sent a shiver down my spine, that a whole country could be so easily manipulated.   I comforted myself as time went on, with the belief that it could never happen again.   People would not allow themselves to be so easily manipulated.   I was so wrong.   The Daily Mail have started a new McCarthyism, and people aren't just being led to water, they are drinking as deeply as they can and being as easily manipulated as they ever were.

At the time PIE were affiliated to NCCL, everything, but everything, about sex was up for discussion.   People weren't prepared to accept the limitations that had gone on before, and all the misery caused by it.   Homosexual people had an age of consent five years higher than hetrosexuals, so age of consent was a big discussion.   PIE (who had affiliated themselves to the NCCL long before Harman joined, as had thousands of other organisations) put forward its disgusting ideas about lowering the age of consent for sex between adults and children.   They were very soon slapped down as being something that, even though ages of consent were being discussed, nobody was going to lower the age of consent when it came to children and adults, the idea was totally abhorrent.   PIE actually then decided that the NCCL was an enemy.   The person most influential in making this happen was Jack Dromley.

Ah, says the DM, but Harman signed papers to say that you should make sure children are being harmed before you say pictures of them naked are illegal.   That shows she backed PIE (who had been seen off two years before she joined the orginisation).   Well DOH!   At the time, photographs were being developed by Boots etc, and they were reporting photos of children that had been taken by their parents at bathtime, or photos of mothers breastfeeding their babies if the baby was naked.

The editor of the Daily Mail has been smarting ever since Ed Milliband took him on over the slander against his father and the DM staff had probably been ordered to sift through back information (this has been around since the 90s after all) to see what story they could twist and manipulate to use against any member of the Shadow Cabinet.

"Who's the model now?" the Daily Mail noted recently. "Mum's not the only leggy beauty in the family." About an eight-year-old.   But the dear old, unthinking, easily led, Mail reading British Public, have reveled in it, and the few brain cells they possess have been quickly thrown out of the window as they relish the thought of getting one over on the Labour Party.   Well, they might be in for a surprise, because this morning, even the DM had to start printing information about Tom Watson's investigation of PIE and how it had links to the Government.   And in this case, it isn't a tenuous link about some papers, it is about actual abuse by Tories of children and how they sent out leaflets of where to go (Elm House) in order to be able to fulfill their desires and evidence that PIE received Government funding during the 70s (although conveniently, these papers might have been shredded).   Everything that the Government held on PIE post-1979 appears to have been destroyed, except for the file titles.   There are 11 files that have been identified dated from 1979 to the mid-1980s

Mr Watson says "I was contacted by a former Home Office civil servant who told me that he was a document that suggests that PIE got public money.   The document was recommending approval for funding during the Thatcher government."   (that quote from the Daily Mail).   Operation Fernbridge is investigating it.

Last edited by Sassy on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Daily Mail - the new face of McCarthyism Empty Re: The Daily Mail - the new face of McCarthyism

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:36 am

lol

Back to top Go down

The Daily Mail - the new face of McCarthyism Empty Re: The Daily Mail - the new face of McCarthyism

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:38 am

If you want Mc Carthyism the left do their own version and have been doing so for decades.

e.g. Discuss immigration brand them a racist. You get the idea.

Harriet is up to her neck in it. They kept quiet to promote their careers. That is eventually catching up.
It's that simple Sassy.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 am

Bollocks. Elm House, actual abuse by Tories of children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:41 am

Sassy wrote:Bollocks.   Elm House, actual abuse by Tories of children.

Are we on another Mc Alpine smear campaign?

I think you know well that Harriet ever so perfect PC mistress is up to her neck. I'm not saying all Tories are innocent I'm saying she kept quiet to promote her career. The truth is out. I am so pleased you must be as well you told me you didn't support Labour.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:41 am

Sassy wrote:Bollocks.   Elm House, actual abuse by Tories of children.

Homosexuality in Parliament is very embarrassing to Britain.

I hope they investigate it fully Sassy.

Let Russia laugh at us, I don't care!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:43 am

The Daily hate Mail simplifies everything to get a reaction out of it's mentally retarded readership; and to great effect.

Tbh though even this article has been unable to resist point scoring against the Tories- what is it with some political commentators and their being unable to make a point without it being a Labour-Tory bitch fight?...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:46 am

Eilzel wrote:The Daily hate Mail simplifies everything to get a reaction out of it's mentally retarded readership; and to great effect.

Tbh though even this article has been unable to resist point scoring against the Tories- what is it with some political commentators and their being unable to make a point without it being a Labour-Tory bitch fight?...

It's not an article, it's my opinion Les.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 am

Eilzel wrote:The Daily hate Mail simplifies everything to get a reaction out of it's mentally retarded readership; and to great effect.

I have no love of the Mail. The salient points are Harman ever so perfect knowingly kept quiet to promote her career. Nothing too difficult there.

She is the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party not good.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:49 am

Sassy wrote:

Looks like a cut and paste with small mods job to me. Not plagiarising and taking the credit are you sassy. I'll just check when I read my Daily papers. You are still telling the porkies I see. very naughty. Mad 
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:49 am

Those are not the facts. You twist even more than the Mail, who are not claiming anything of the sort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 am

Fred Bloggs wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Looks like a cut and paste with small mods job to me. Not plagiarising and taking the credit are you sassy. I'll just check when I read my Daily papers. You are still telling the porkies I see. very naughty. Mad 

I just sat here and wrote it, I have it on my notebook. I put that the quote from Tom Watson was from the Daily Mail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 am

Sassy wrote:Those are not the facts.   You twist even more than the Mail, who are not claiming anything of the sort.  

The facts are that simple. She was concerned about the PIE organisation but didn't want to rock the boat.

Anyways remind me how you used to tell us you weren't Labour it makes me laugh.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:55 am

Anything to deflect from the truth Fred. You never were big on facts. I wasn't Labour, I am now. Watching this government decided me that as 'old style Liberal' was never going to happen again, the Labour Party were the only ones who will be able to get us decontaminated from the Eton Mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:55 am

Great article then first of all, and we are all really political commentators, just not as a careet Wink

My point on political point scoring stands though- although I agree with the rest.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:57 am

Eilzel wrote:Great article then first of all, and we are all really political commentators, just not as a careet Wink

My point on political point scoring stands though- although I agree with the rest.

Thank you Les, but the shinnanigans of the Daily Mail are about point scoring, so I don't think it can be avoided.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:00 pm

We shall see. It is moot in any case. I think she will become a liability because she chsoe the wrong path you say Labour at any price. Keep it up. I like that.

Never mind the morality as long as we win. Got it.

I'm still betting on cut and paste. Smile 
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 pm

You can bet all you like Fred, you'll be incorrect on all counts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Do you really want to bet on Harriet being belle of the ball at Labours conference this year?

BTW I always knew you were Labour you are such a tease.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:16 pm

"Reading about McCarthy when I was a young sent a shiver down my spine, that a whole country could be so easily manipulated.   I comforted myself as time went on, with the belief that it could never happen again.   People would not allow themselves to be so easily manipulated.   I was so wrong.   The Daily Mail have started a new McCarthyism, and people aren't just being led to water, they are drinking as deeply as they can and being as easily manipulated as they ever were."

This section is so familiar now where did I read it before? It will come to me.

Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Fred Bloggs wrote:"Reading about McCarthy when I was a young sent a shiver down my spine, that a whole country could be so easily manipulated.   I comforted myself as time went on, with the belief that it could never happen again.   People would not allow themselves to be so easily manipulated.   I was so wrong.   The Daily Mail have started a new McCarthyism, and people aren't just being led to water, they are drinking as deeply as they can and being as easily manipulated as they ever were."

This section is so familiar now where did I read it before? It will come to me.

I just searched for 10 distinct phrases from what Sassy wrote, including the passage you quoted above, and there's no plagiarism. I invite you to do the same, and to check out one such search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+Daily+Mail+have+started+a+new+McCarthyism%2C+and+people+aren%27t+just+being+led+to+water&oq=The+Daily+Mail+have+started+a+new+McCarthyism%2C+and+people+aren%27t+just+being+led+to+water&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64l2&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:37 pm

And yet it is so familiar.

It will come to me.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:40 pm

It won't, because I wrote it this morning. In fact, I'm about to put it on my Blurb account which will copyright it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Fred Bloggs wrote:And yet it is so familiar.

It will come to me.

You be sure to let us know when it does, OK? That way, instead of just tossing out baseless accusations of plagiarism without a shred of proof to back them up, you'll being doing something more than just talking shit. Deal?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

It will come to me.

You be sure to let us know when it does, OK? That way, instead of just tossing out baseless accusations of plagiarism without a shred of proof to back them up, you'll being doing something more than just talking shit. Deal?

Baseless accusations are plentiful on here judging by some of the insults I have read. That said I do think it is familiar. This paragraph is something I have read. It's a deal I shan't toss out baseless accusations though I can't always be sure to remember everything I have read. You are considerably younger than me.

Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Sassy wrote:It won't, because I wrote it this morning.   In fact, I'm about to put it on my Blurb account which will copyright it.
Good. You do so so it can't be plagiarised. Just how old were you when Mc Carthy was in action and why as a Brit did he affect you so? Considering the Cold War the Cuban Missile crisis etc etc this would have been so less on the radar.

Last edited by Fred Bloggs on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Fred Bloggs wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

It will come to me.

Baseless accusations are plentiful on here judging by some of the insults I have read. That said I do think it is familiar. This paragraph is something I have read. It's a deal I shan't toss out baseless accusations though I can't always be sure to remember everything I have read. You are considerably younger than me.

And yet old enough to have learned that you shouldn't accuse people without proof, apparently ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Fred Bloggs wrote:

And yet old enough to have learned that you shouldn't accuse people without proof, apparently ...

I am still thinking. You have extracted the deal but I repeat this is familiar this paragraph.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Fred Bloggs wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Fred Bloggs wrote:

I am still thinking. You have extracted the deal but I repeat this is familiar this paragraph.  

You probably read it just after it was posted and then you read it again about 10 minutes later and just forgot that it was at the start of this thread.

Simple mistake from Tories in that they have such short memories. They all make them Fred so try not to worry about it.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Bloggs wrote:

You probably read it just after it was posted and then you read it again about 10 minutes later and just forgot that it was at the start of this thread.

Simple mistake from Tories  in that they have such short memories. They all make them Fred so try not to worry about it.

You may be right but I still find that paragraph so unlikely. It is of no matter time will tell. As to the topic of Mc Carthy. He lasted a short while the McCarthyism of the left has been with us 40 years. The PC Czars who include Harriet herself have rewritten the language and enforced their view. People lose jobs if they don't say it as the Czars say it should be said. Now that's McCarthyism.

Of course when it's left wing suppression that's good of course. I keep forgetting that to. Silly me. Now where are those Alzheimer's tablets.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Fred Bloggs wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Bloggs wrote:

Simple mistake from Tories  in that they have such short memories. They all make them Fred so try not to worry about it.

You may be right but I still find that paragraph so unlikely. It is of no matter time will tell. As to the topic of Mc Carthy. He lasted a short while the McCarthyism of the left has been with us 40 years. The PC Czars who include Harriet herself have rewritten the language and enforced their view. People lose jobs if they don't say it as the Czars say it should be said. Now that's McCarthyism.

Of course when it's left wing suppression that's good of course. I keep forgetting that to. Silly me. Now where are those Alzheimer's tablets.

In opposition the Tories were coming out with lines like that about Harman's Equality Act but as soon as they got in Theresa May agreed with everything in it and signed it into law. Seems they have changed their minds on some of it since then because I suppose they need to have something to pick on.

Keep taking the tablets Fred. Don't want you getting ill now do we.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Except Labour was a single party govt and chose to renege and this is a coalition and look how unhappy the Tories are.

You don't like the people having a say on Europe it is as simple as that. To deny it is to invite ridicule.

Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:16 pm

Fred Bloggs wrote:Except Labour was a single party govt and chose to renege and this is a coalition and look how unhappy the Tories are.

You don't like the people having a say on Europe it is as simple as that. To deny it is to invite ridicule.

The only party ever to give the electorate e a say on Europe was a Labour government. The Tories took us into Europe. Then Thatcher signed us up to the Single European Act. Then John Major signed us up to Maastricht which brought in free movement across our borders. And they did that afterpledging that there would be no more powers transferred to Europe without the will of the British people - they lied and Cameron has lied as well.

This latest pledge isn't what Cameron wants - it's what UKIP and some backbenchers want.

It's a stunt and you're being conned.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:23 pm

Labour don't like democracy it's as plain as the nose on your face.

Lib/Lab pact stop the vote at all cost.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Sleep  Do you have another record or are you stuck with that one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:20 am

Sassy wrote:Sleep   Do you have another record or are you stuck with that one?

If the tune plays well keep on playing it I say.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down