NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics

+6
Eilzel
Vintage
Fred Moletrousers
eddie
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 Empty Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Academics have called for the term Anglo-Saxon to be dropped because it is “bound up with white supremacy” — an idea described as “mad as a bag of ferrets” by one historian.

The term traditionally refers to groups from across the North Sea, including Angles and Saxons, who settled in Britain after the end of Roman rule, and to their descendants and their culture until the Norman Conquest.

However, it has also been used by imperialists and white-supremacists to describe white people of British origin. Hitler wrote admiringly of “Anglo-Saxon determination” to hold India. Some academics believe that the term is not only tainted by these associations but is also historically inaccurate.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/drop-the-term-anglo-saxon-as-it-is-bound-up-with-white-supremacy-say-academics-d66dlztfj

The best response to this idocy, was by Historian and author Tom Holland. Who is very left wing to say the least but sums up dumb this view is.

Tom Holland wrote:
Ffs - you don’t take “problems with white supremacy seriously” by ceding a phrase used by our most heroic & admirable king to racists, & replacing it with a word profoundly inadequate to explicating the complexities of how an Anglian/Saxon polity emerged.

To reiterate: anyone not driven mad by spending too long in the hothouse of a US humanities department can recognise that when French economists, American Nazis & British archaeologists use the phrase ‘Anglo-Saxon’, they all mean different things by it. It’s really not difficult.

The only way that will change is if academics persist in waving the white flag (sic), surrendering the use of the phrase, & allowing racists to take possession of it.

Not least because ‘English’ is already the word that white racists in England tend to use to describe themselves, whereas for most people in this country ‘Anglo-Saxons’ = the losers who got shat on at the battle of Hastings

Plus, of course, describing the early Anglian & Saxon kingdoms as ‘English’ would be as anachronistic & distorting as describing Clovis as ‘French’.

The very contingency of the term ‘Anglo-Saxon’, the way it was constructed by Alfred to signify the emergent kingdom of what would become England, & to be back-projected onto an imagined past, is what makes it so useful.

It’s basically a projection of an academic culture war in the US onto the very different circumstances prevailing in this country. One might almost call it colonialist.

https://twitter.com/holland_tom/status/1192703551090417664

Back to top Go down

Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 Empty Re: Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics

Post by nicko Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:40 pm

I'm bloody glad your not teaching my kids !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 Empty Re: Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:49 pm

nicko wrote:I'm bloody glad your not teaching my kids !

What a useful contribution to the discussion, cheers, nicko.

PS: it's *you're* by the way Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

les, what if it were something like a minority of students 'felt uncomfortable' around gay people so the student union decided to ban gay people from attending certain events.

even if it were only A FEW events dotted here and there and it really WASN'T university policy,,,,,

would you be so complacent about it?

Since no one is a victim of a clapping ban there is no comparison.

but les, i disagree.  they are ALL being turned into victims by giving them these ridiculous so called ''safe spaces'' and ''trigger warnings'' etc.  they're not going to get any of that shit in the big wide world so it's actually really damaging and limiting and harmful to them in the long run to be allowing this.

furthermore, most of the students would have been used to clapping from being babies, so being suddenly denied a form of expression that they have always used throughout their whole lives can possibly really stress them out.

but you see, it's not a gay issue is it?  it doesn't affect you or your life in any way so,,,,,meh

Rolling Eyes

Such a stupid claim. I care about issues with ACTUAL victims - racism, sexism, ageism, whatever it is. Pretty low and unusual for you to play the 'you only care if it concerns gay people' card, more so since YOU brought that up, not me Rolling Eyes

As for the clapping, I agree that it IS ridiculous. So it's a good thing it is only happening in student union events at ONE university.

There are bigger problems in the world than this, get real.

For gelico.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

but les, i disagree.  they are ALL being turned into victims by giving them these ridiculous so called ''safe spaces'' and ''trigger warnings'' etc.  they're not going to get any of that shit in the big wide world so it's actually really damaging and limiting and harmful to them in the long run to be allowing this.

furthermore, most of the students would have been used to clapping from being babies, so being suddenly denied a form of expression that they have always used throughout their whole lives can possibly really stress them out.

but you see, it's not a gay issue is it?  it doesn't affect you or your life in any way so,,,,,meh

Rolling Eyes

Such a stupid claim. I care about issues with ACTUAL victims - racism, sexism, ageism, whatever it is. Pretty low and unusual for you to play the 'you only care if it concerns gay people' card, more so since YOU brought that up, not me Rolling Eyes

As for the clapping, I agree that it IS ridiculous. So it's a good thing it is only happening in student union events at ONE university.

ok first of all, it wasn't low because it wasn't a dig at you in any way, les. it may well be unusual but i'm not playing any card. i said that because - rightly or wrongly - that's genuinely my perception

actual victims? like i said, they all are

it isn't just ridiculous that's why it shouldn't be just dismissed as such with ''it's only one''

it is hugely damaging to them all

universities of all places in the world have been places where minds are open, opinions are aired and exchanged, there have always been the radicals and the not so radicals but we already lost count of the amount of ''de-platforming'' of many speakers on a variety of subjects in case some poor snowflake's sensitivities got hurt. that should never have been allowed to happen. it only needed to start with ONE and now it's happening all over.

so now, just ONE has said ban clapping. you think that's not going to spread?

then it will be ban pronouns of he/she and make everyone refer to themselves and each other as they/them/ze, zay, or whatever other lunacy takes their fancy. all in the name of being fully inclusive of course

if this insanity continues they will end up bigoted, one demensional 'thinkers' (I use that term in the loosest possible way)

they will also be intellectually, psychologically and emotionally retarded and completely unable to cope in the big outside with different opinions and no safe spaces

you don't get how dangerous this is, that's why i said you just dismiss it like it doesn't really matter.

in fact, imo, if this continues then the current uni generation will end up being, themselves, the ''bigger problems in the world'' of which you speak

you're the one who needs to get real,

so there

Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 1716015268

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

For gelico.

yeah, yeah, dude. don't rush me. i'm still feeling delicate after yesterday.

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Les wrote:Such a stupid claim. I care about issues with ACTUAL victims - racism, sexism, ageism, whatever it is. Pretty low and unusual for you to play the 'you only care if it concerns gay people' card, more so since YOU brought that up, not me Rolling Eyes

Didge has a problem with processing ideas (ie, actuating ideas). Doesn't understand statistical argument. Thinks that an accumulation of events is meaningful. It is not.

It's not significant until it is measured against something. EG, here's a proper generalization:

...only about 17 percent of the world's population has blue eyes. In contrast, more than 50 percent of the global population is believed to have brown eyes.
https://bestlifeonline.com/blue-eye-facts/

17 percent of all people...you need two numbers, Two before the statistical expression means something. Cumulative expressions mean nothing: 'there are a lot of geese flying today' does not actuate the term 'a lot'.

Didge doesn't know how to process (actuate) ideas.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Les wrote:Such a stupid claim. I care about issues with ACTUAL victims - racism, sexism, ageism, whatever it is. Pretty low and unusual for you to play the 'you only care if it concerns gay people' card, more so since YOU brought that up, not me Rolling Eyes

Didge has a problem with processing ideas (ie, actuating ideas).  Doesn't understand statistical argument.  Thinks that an accumulation of events is meaningful.  It is not.

It's not significant until it is measured against something.  EG, here's a proper generalization:

...only about 17 percent of the world's population has blue eyes. In contrast, more than 50 percent of the global population is believed to have brown eyes.
https://bestlifeonline.com/blue-eye-facts/

17 percent of all people...you need two numbers,  Two before the statistical expression means something.  Cumulative expressions mean nothing: 'there are a lot of geese flying today' does not actuate the term 'a lot'.

and quill doesn't know how to process who is making which posts

Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 3489511464 Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 3489511464 Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 3489511464

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Eilzel wrote:

What a useful contribution to the discussion, cheers, nicko.

PS: it's *you're* by the way Wink

pfffft hahahahaha

had to give you a green for that one

Twisted Evil

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:02 pm

Sadly since most of the far left has over taken edeucation. And against my best wishes. It seems to be home
schooling is now the best option. If we do not want kids brainwashed and indoctrinated by the religious far left
Just seen the numbers of 18-24 who want to vote for Corbyn double over the last coupkle of days
Like I say, most kids these days have been brainwashed in school and this proves it
I agree, I would not have Eizel teaching anybody I know either

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Didge has a problem with processing ideas (ie, actuating ideas).  Doesn't understand statistical argument.  Thinks that an accumulation of events is meaningful.  It is not.

It's not significant until it is measured against something.  EG, here's a proper generalization:

17 percent of all people...you need two numbers,  Two before the statistical expression means something.  Cumulative expressions mean nothing: 'there are a lot of geese flying today' does not actuate the term 'a lot'.

Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 3489511464 Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 3489511464 Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 3489511464

My post is perfect. It talks to Les, and speaks about didge. You didn't read very carefully, did you Gels?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

My post is perfect.  It talks to Les, and speaks about didge.  You didn't read very carefully, did you Gels?

I think we are both laughing at your cathy Newman approach to points I never made or the fact that reply by eilzel was to Gelico and not me
Which you then posted off

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:47 pm

phil wrote:Sadly since most of the far left has over taken edeucation.

The left can engage in rational thoughts. The right cannot..or they are out of practice, which amounts to the same thing. Would you rather have Donald Trump teaching your class?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:Sadly since most of the far left has over taken edeucation.

The left can engage in rational thoughts.   The right cannot..or they are out of practice, which amounts to the same thing.  Would you rather have Donald Trump teaching your class?

The labour party is instutionally antisemitic
50% of 18-24 year olds whos brains have not fully developed intend to vote for Labour
Ergo brainwashed children from leftist education.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:01 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

My post is perfect.  It talks to Les, and speaks about didge.  You didn't read very carefully, did you Gels?

I think we are both laughing at your cathy Newman approach to points I never made or the fact that reply by eilzel was to Gelico and not me

Laughing

Is Cathy Newman more of the right wing jargon? Why don't you simply say what you mean? Is it because you can't process or express yourself with words? Like all RW'ers, you think in clichés, slogans and bumper stickers.

You are presented with a huge flaw in your argument: you claim a quantitative point, yet you can't substantiate it. All you can do is present cumulative examples, with no statistical significance or interaction to them.

You don't know the difference. When challenged, all you can do is throw a temper tantrum. You sound more like Trump everyday.

Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:06 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The left can engage in rational thoughts.   The right cannot..or they are out of practice, which amounts to the same thing.  Would you rather have Donald Trump teaching your class?

Prove it, and not by a bucket full of specific examples. You can't generalize from specifics.

phil wrote:50% of 18-24 year olds whos brains have not fully developed intend to vote for Labour
Ergo brainwashed children from  leftist education.

Link please. Or are you just blowing this out your ass?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Laughing

Is Cathy Newman more of the right wing jargon?  Why don't you simply say what you mean?  Is it because you can't process or express yourself with words?  Like all RW'ers, you think in clichés, slogans and bumper stickers.

You are presented with a huge flaw in your argument: you claim a quantitative point, yet you can't substantiate it.  All you can do is present cumulative examples, with no statistical significance or interaction to them.

You don't know the difference.  When challenged, all you can do is throw a temper tantrum.  You sound more like Trump everyday.

Rolling Eyes

Cathy newman became famous for making absurd claims not said by the person she interviewed.
I did substanciate this with collective data on the number of Universities that deny freedom of expression, speech etc
The numbers are staggering in the Uk and all due to Far leftist ideology
Which as seen is auithoritarian
Of course you will defend the brainwashing of children
Thankfully, come the age of 25 most people become adult and understand the delusions they were brainwashed with
Its why people grow out of far leftist indoctrination for the majority
Sadly its very clear that your brain never fully developed lol Razz
Hence why you are still brainwashed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Prove it, and not by a bucket full of specific examples.  You can't generalize from specifics.

phil wrote:50% of 18-24 year olds whos brains have not fully developed intend to vote for Labour
Ergo brainwashed children from  leftist education.

Link please.  Or are you just blowing this out your ass?

1. Labour is currently under investigation for antisemitism

Matthew Goodwin wrote:
In the last few YouGov polls the % of 18-24-year-olds planning to vote Labour has moved from

October 25 - 35%

October 30 - 38%

Nov 1 - 44%

Nov 6 - 54%

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1192799362537152513

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:30 pm

I'm glad to see the younger generation is leaning toward the party of the left. But you have no link showing that the Labour Party is institutionally antisemitic.

What your evidence really shows is that the Labour Party is more in keeping with modern ideas, as it attracts younger minds--those with a more up-to-date ideology. This is a good thing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:I'm glad to see the younger generation is leaning toward the party of the left.  But you have no link showing that the Labour Party is institutionally antisemitic.

What your evidence really shows is that the Labour Party is more in keeping with modern ideas, as it attracts younger minds--those with a more up-to-date ideology.  This is a good thing.

You are glad to see the youth of today brainwashed to back Far leftism?
And an institutionally antisemitic party?
No surprises there then
I stand against both the Far right and far left
As seen the left stand against the Far right but defend the Far left
Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:54 pm

phil wrote:You are glad to see the youth of today brainwashed to back Far leftism?
No surprises there then

I don't see any association of the Labour Party with antisemitism.  This appears to be only in your mind.

As far as the youth of today are concerned, I believe the trend is for young men and women to receive more advanced educations.  I’ve seen no brainwashing by the left.  It's a spurious association.

What I do see is the left is generally more intellectual and engages in more rational thought.  As I've said repeatedly, the right is intellectually out of practice.  When a muscle is not used, it atrophies.  The same is true with an organ like the brain.

Youth, turning to the left, may well be youth turning to more intelligent means to figuring out the world’s problems.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:You are glad to see the youth of today brainwashed to back Far leftism?
No surprises there then

I don't see any association of the Labour Party with antisemitism.  This appears to be only in your mind.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/inquiries-and-investigations/investigation-labour-party

Nothing worse than people who enable antisemitism by denying it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:01 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/inquiries-and-investigations/investigation-labour-party

Nothing worse than people who enable antisemitism by denying it

I’m getting rather tired of the equivocation around this Labour antisemitism issue, so here’s a thread for confused pundits & voters. Some smart people out there have been hoodwinked by dishonest political hacks, or are simply too tribal to accept the difference in the following (written on twitter so apologies for the choppy style)

People of any political persuasion must acknowledge:
1) Every party will have some policies you don’t like
2) Every party will also have rogue members, or leaders, who said nasty things too
3) usually, if a party has policies you disagree with, you simply don’t vote for them

4) for Britain’s Jews & their allies, the issue with Labour Party is none of the above. I repeat: it is *none of the above*. So Corbynists, pls stop obfuscating, strawmanning &deflecting.
5) the issue is Labour Party stands accused of being *institutionally antisemitic* (racist)

6) this is *very* different to finding individual policies you hate, or representatives who utter bigotry
7) for a body to be institutionally racist (ironically, a phrase coined by a 90s Labour gov. inquiry) *not every member* is necessarily a racist,nor necessarily is the leader

8 ) for a body to be deemed *institutionally racist*, intention & individual behaviour isn’t primary issue. Rather,outcomes are considered. If the totality of this body’s procedures, institutions& structure lead to *racist outcomes*, then sincerity &individual intent is no defence

9) This is why 90s Lab government’s McPherson inquiry (rightly) deemed police ‘institutionally racist’ after unpunished racist murder of black teenager Stephen Lawrence. They were not calling all police officers racist. Nor did it mean that other UK orgs didn’t suffer racism too

10) so, back to the Labour Party: British jews and their allies are accusing this Labour Party under Corbyn of being ‘institutionally antisemitic’. This means precisely that the party’s mechanisms, procedures and institutions lead to racist outcomes against its Jewish members

11) this does *not* mean every Labour member is racist. It also does not necessarily imply that even Corbyn is (he might be). Rather, it points to the failure of Corbyn’s ship, with him as captain,to steer away from antisemitism. Sincere individual intent is not a condition here

12) what British Jews are (correctly) alleging is that the Labour Party discriminates against them, as a party machine. That the outcomes in that party no longer protect them against racism. This is an *institutional* failure

13) So, back to my opening line about political tribalism: any instinctive defence, “Whataboutery” response,or even allegations of hypocrisy,like “why aren’t you doing more to address racism in your own party?” entirely miss the nature&seriousness of what is (accurately) alleged:

14) British Jews and their allies are *not* in a state of alarm because Labour has individual racists in it (which is bad enough as it is). No. The Tories, Lib Dem’s, Brexit party & others all have bad apples. I repeat: the issue isn’t the existence of bad apples

15) the issue very precisely & seriously is under Corbyn, Labour seems not only to have ignored the problem, or denied it, but in many cases doubled down on it & worse even blamed the victims for reporting it. In other words: the Labour Party machine has been co-opted by racism

16) if one understands the nature& seriousness of the allegation, then one would never reply by saying, by way of example: “but what about Johnson and niqabi Muslim letterboxes?” Bad thing to say, but not evidence that the Tory party *machine* discriminates against Muslim members

17) Also, it’s very important to recognise that criticising ultra-Conservative Muslim dress is a political right, because the ‘choice’ to adopt fundamentalist dress is a valid societal choice that must equally be subjected to scrutiny - like any religious conservativism must be

18) No. Racism is not the same as criticising my religious choices, or lack thereof. You can (politely) criticise my religion, because it’s an idea. All ideas must be scrutinised. But one cannot insult another’s race, without being rightly deemed a racist.

19) Jews are both a people and a religion. European antisemitic tropes against Jews concern their supposed habits as a ‘people’, not their religion. So, its racism to suggest that all Jews are secret greedy capitalists, or have large ugly hooked noses, for example.

20) no serious Jewish voice or organisation has ever said it’s racist to criticise Israel. None. I repeat, none. This is a complete Strawman. I criticise Netanyahu’s policies regularly and know many Jews and Israelis who do so too.

The issue is about
a) traditional European antisemitism flooding back into Labour (eg: East London ‘greedy capitalist’ mural that Corbyn defended)
b) holding Israel’s Jews to higher standard than the world
c) an obsessive focus on Israel for errors that are far worse elsewhere
d) supporting or otherwise praising genocidal, jew-murdering terrorist groups

21) some examples for all of the above can be (non-exhaustively) found here: https://twitter.com/thegolem_/status/1191348844375740416…

22) So, people like Tory Baroness Warsi, who seems to have made a career of late out of deflecting over this antisemitism issue in Labour, to attacking her own party instead over “Islamophobia” (sic) totally miss the point:

23) Johnson, or any rogue Tory MP or member, can and do say racist or proto-racist things, but does the party with a Muslim-origin Chancellor really discriminate against Muslims institutionally? Does it then double down & deny its racism (I repeat: blasphemy is not racism)

24) this Muslim believes not. And I have *never* voted Tory in my life, and will not do so this time either. There are problems in the Conservative party, yes. I disagree with them, yes. But they are yet to meet the test of being *institutionally* anti-Muslim.

25) truth is, there is only one major political party right now that has had senior former cabinet members resign over this (correctly) alleged *institutional* racism. There is only one party that is being investigated by the Equalities and Human Rights Commission over said racism. That party is the Labour Party

26) AND THIS IS WHERE I GET UPSET: if Boris Johnson, Jo Swinson, or anyone other party leader, let alone individual MP, had SHARED A PANEL in Parliament with members of the now banned violent NEO-NAZI UK-based TERRORIST group National Action, you would all be going ballistic now

27) yet Corbyn not only shared platforms with jew-killing Hizbollah &Hamas TERRORISTS,he not only called them friends,but took £20K from their sponsor: holocaust denying theocratic dictatorship of Iran. Now..imagine you’re Jewish,and then imagine Corbyn in No.10 as PM. Precisely.

After all the above has been digested & recognised as a unique problem only with Labour right now, then add that Corbyn is a Brexiter too & may bargain away the UK with SNP (allowing Scotland another vote) just to become PM, you’ll get why we say #NoToAppeasement & #NeverCorbyn

After the holocaust we vowed in Europe #NeverAgain - then Bosnia happened. Europe is not immune to repeat-offending. We must never be too arrogant to think we are. Brexit or Remain, we do have choices other than Labour. We must not betray our Jewish cousins over a tribal vote

After all this,if we still choose Labour, at least let’s stop pretending we are “progressives”, or that we care about racism & minorities or that we “listen to victims when they tell us we’re hurting them”. It’s all BS. Just admit that you really don’t give a damn about Jews.

Ends.

https://twitter.com/MaajidNawaz/status/1192479519929774082

Also See

"THREAD – The following is a run-down of @JeremyCorbyn ’s political history. (This is NOT an exhaustive list and is ONLY material produced by this account.) @JeremyCorbyn is often labelled the unluckiest anti-racist in history. He’s not unlucky, he’s just a racist. "

https://twitter.com/TheGolem_/status/1191348844375740416

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:06 pm

phil wrote:I’m getting rather tired of the equivocation around this Labour antisemitism issue...

So drop it. You haven't got any substantiation, anyway. It just makes you look like yet another RW raving maniac, loose in the alt.universe.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:09 pm

So now Quill is misquoting me

If a party was under investigation of racism against Blacks.
Would quil claim there is no evidence? When he already claims the Republican party is racist?

Here lies the problem. In Quills world, Jews are not equal to everyone else. He does not believe their complainst of antisemitism. Yet he does believe without any question any black person's complaints in regards to racism

Its very easy to expose why people like Quill are inherantly antisemitic
As he never holds Jews to the same standards as he would for other victims of hate

History repeating itself

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm

phil wrote:So now Quill is misquoting me

I'm neither quoting nor misquoting you.  I'm simply pointing out that you have no substantiation of any connection between Labour and antisemitism.

If you are unable to process that, I'm simply being helpful by pointing you in the right direction.  If you are frustrated, I'm offering you a clue as to the origins of your frustration.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:I’m getting rather tired of the equivocation around this Labour antisemitism issue...

So drop it.  You haven't got any substantiation, anyway.  It just makes you look like yet another RW raving maniac, loose in the alt.universe.

I never said the above

You misquoted me

Again labour is under investigation.

If you want to hold your head in the sand and ignore this, you enable antisemitism

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:19 pm

phil wrote:I’m getting rather tired of the equivocation around this Labour antisemitism issue, so here’s a thread for confused pundits & voters.

Five posts up, opening paragraph. Nuff said!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:I’m getting rather tired of the equivocation around this Labour antisemitism issue, so here’s a thread for confused pundits & voters.

Five posts up, opening paragraph.  Nuff said!

Again still misquoting me
Its what Maajid said you numpty

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:42 pm

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

Rolling Eyes

ok first of all, it wasn't low because it wasn't a dig at you in any way, les.  it may well be unusual but i'm not playing any card.  i said that because - rightly or wrongly - that's genuinely my perception

actual victims?  like i said, they all are

it isn't just ridiculous that's why it shouldn't be just dismissed as such with ''it's only one''

universities of all places in the world have been places where minds are open, opinions are aired and exchanged, there have always been the radicals and the not so radicals but we already lost count of the amount of ''de-platforming'' of many speakers on a variety of subjects in case some poor snowflake's sensitivities got hurt.  that should never have been allowed to happen.  it only needed to start with ONE and now it's happening all over.

so now, just ONE has said ban clapping.  you think that's not going to spread?

then it will be ban pronouns of he/she and make everyone refer to themselves and each other as they/them/ze, zay, or whatever other lunacy takes their fancy.  all in the name of being fully inclusive of course

if this insanity continues they will end up bigoted, one demensional 'thinkers' (I use that term in the loosest possible way)

they will also be intellectually, psychologically and emotionally retarded and completely unable to cope in the big outside with different opinions and no safe spaces

you don't get how dangerous this is, that's why i said you just dismiss it like it doesn't really matter.

in fact, imo, if this continues then the current uni generation will end up being, themselves, the ''bigger problems in the world'' of which you speak

so there

Drop the term Anglo-Saxon as it is ‘bound up with white supremacy’, say academics - Page 2 1716015268

All of 'will be' based on paranoid speculation.

If your perception of me is that I only care about gay issues - when I don't even remember the last time I posted here about gay issues - then perhaps your perception is wrong? Perhaps because I'm gay you look at all I say through that lens. Not to worry, you wouldn't be the first poster to do that.

Appreciate the green btw Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:47 pm

phildidge wrote:

Sadly since most of the far left has over taken edeucation. And against my best wishes. It seems to be home
schooling is now the best option. If we do not want kids brainwashed and indoctrinated by the religious far left
Just seen the numbers of 18-24 who want to vote for Corbyn double over the last coupkle of days
Like I say, most kids these days have been brainwashed in school and this proves it

I'm genuinely hurt Laughing

In reality, you and nicko are two of the people who have read my books and given personal feedback on how much you enjoyed them, which I totally appreciate btw. You both acknowledge when I'm in agreement with you and you also tend to use my support when we are on the same side. Which again, I appreciate.

Of course, when you both disagree with me, you wouldn't have me teaching your kids. This is rather more indicative of your attitudes than mine.

No indication as to WHY you wouldn't, only that I disagree Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Laughing

Is Cathy Newman more of the right wing jargon?  Why don't you simply say what you mean?  Is it because you can't process or express yourself with words?  Like all RW'ers, you think in clichés, slogans and bumper stickers.

You are presented with a huge flaw in your argument: you claim a quantitative point, yet you can't substantiate it.  All you can do is present cumulative examples, with no statistical significance or interaction to them.

You don't know the difference.  When challenged, all you can do is throw a temper tantrum.  You sound more like Trump everyday.

Rolling Eyes

Cathy Newman is his slur of the year, he cycles his words usually (wow is word of the week), Newman seems to be a keeper lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:53 pm

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

ok first of all, it wasn't low because it wasn't a dig at you in any way, les.  it may well be unusual but i'm not playing any card.  i said that because - rightly or wrongly - that's genuinely my perception

actual victims?  like i said, they all are

universities of all places in the world have been places where minds are open, opinions are aired and exchanged, there have always been the radicals and the not so radicals but we already lost count of the amount of ''de-platforming'' of many speakers on a variety of subjects in case some poor snowflake's sensitivities got hurt.  that should never have been allowed to happen.  it only needed to start with ONE and now it's happening all over.

so now, just ONE has said ban clapping.  you think that's not going to spread?

then it will be ban pronouns of he/she and make everyone refer to themselves and each other as they/them/ze, zay, or whatever other lunacy takes their fancy.  all in the name of being fully inclusive of course

so there

All of 'will be' based on paranoid speculation.

If your perception of me is that I only care about gay issues - when I don't even remember the last time I posted here about gay issues - then perhaps your perception is wrong? Perhaps because I'm gay you look at all I say through that lens. Not to worry, you wouldn't be the first poster to do that.

Appreciate the green btw Wink

Where did Gelico claim that is all you care about?
She made reference to gay issues but never claimed this is all you care about
The reality is mate you are in denial to many of these issues and when it comes to the left it is like they are in denial to this.
Either to the point they want this to happen, or in your case. Simple does not want to believe it

The reality is many places of learning now have been overtaken by the extreme left, espcially in the social so called sciences. Which are not sciences but are taught as if they are. We have a victim mentality taught in education here, which is setting up people to fail in olife, when they come to face real world problems. There will not be trigger warnings or safe spaces for them in the real big wide world. So to have them in Universities is not helping people who have suffered truma or mental health issues.

This is why the education system is failing. As its smothering students and not allowing them to combat through issues. They believe if they do not like something. To them the best way is to shut down any differening views..

If you truely cared about education, you would be joining many of us concerned over what is happening, bhut you continually play this down.

Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:53 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Cathy Newman is his slur of the year, he cycles his words usually (wow is word of the week), Newman seems to be a keeper lol

lol someone is antsy and acting like a bitch lol  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:03 am

Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

In reality, you and nicko are two of the people who have read my books and given personal feedback on how much you enjoyed them, which I totally appreciate btw. You both acknowledge when I'm in agreement with you and you also tend to use my support when we are on the same side. Which again, I appreciate.

Of course, when you both disagree with me, you wouldn't have me teaching your kids. This is rather more indicative of your attitudes than mine.

Your book was excellent, but would I back you teaching children?

Absolutely not, based on your views and denial of problems in education

Which leads me to believe you would allow problems to exist within education, even if its staring you bluntly in the face

That makes you in my book untrustworthy to teach honestly in my opinion

Just because you ae a great writer and story teller, does not qualifiy you in my book to teach children the best methods to succeed in life

I would rather homeschool children in this day and age than allow them to be brainwashed with the current politicised form of teaching that is current today

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:07 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Which leads me to believe you would allow problems to exist within education, even if its staring you bluntly in the face

Just because you ae a great writer and story teller, does not qualifiy you in my book to teach children the best methods to succeed in life

I would rather homeschool children in this day and age than allow them to be brainwashed with the current politicised form of teaching that is current today

You are assuming I'd let my political views influence my teaching. I wouldn't and I don't. Your beliefs about modern schooling seem to based on nothing more than an unhealthy diet of Youtube videos telling you how wicked the PC-minded uni students and academics are. There are plenty of young RWers out there, didge. The brainwashing is literally all in your head.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 am

Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

You are assuming I'd let my political views influence my teaching. I wouldn't and I don't. Your beliefs about modern schooling seem to based on nothing more than an unhealthy diet of Youtube videos telling you how wicked the PC-minded uni students and academics are. There are plenty of young RWers out there, didge. The brainwashing is literally all in your head.

For a person to be in denial as you are on issues in education. Means to me you would allow thew continuation of this problem. It does not matter whether you would teach the correct way. You would stand by and allow this to happen as seen by this very thread. By the fact you continually play down problems within education. For you to think my views have formed from Youtube, then you have gone down further in my estimation as a person of intelligence,

How fucking dare you make such an assumption on me, when I actually look at studies to problems

I am neither right wing or left wing you fuckwit

What I care about is students not being constricted based on political beliefs, but as seen, you think I over play this, when the mountain of evidence. Proves Universities and Colleges are now the worst forms of illiberalism and anti-sexularism systems in our societies

So fuck you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:16 am

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t28238-5-reasons-why-we-need-hate-speech-we-the-internet-tv#534160

In the above link is a video, near the end. Where students chant Liberalism is white supremacy Eilzel

On any level, do you believe liberalism is white supremacy?

Not only is such a view absurd, but where do you think such students learnt such a view?

Take as fucking long as you like to answer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:26 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

For a person to be in denial as you are on issues in education. Means to me you would allow thew continuation of this problem. It does not matter whether you would teach the correct way. You would stand by and allow this to happen as seen by this very thread. By the fact you continually play down problems within education. For you to think my views have formed from Youtube, then you have gone down further in my estimation as a person of intelligence,

How fucking dare you make such an assumption on me, when I actually  look at studies to problems

What I care about is students not being constricted based on political beliefs, but as seen, you think I over play this, when the mountain of evidence. Proves Universities and Colleges are now the worst forms of illiberalism and anti-sexularism systems in our societies

So fuck you

That's an awful lot of 'fuck'ing, sorry if I touched a nerve.

What exactly would I allow, in your view?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:31 am

Do you know what really fucks me off is how the left continually deny this reality,. Even when i was in school I had one history teacher so inept. You thought his political views matter more than teaching the history syllabus. So much so that out of 103 students only 5 of passed the history exam. Me with an A. Mainly as I read outside the bullshit that was being taught in the classroom. He congratulated every student except me for passing and hated the fact he had to accept me into his A'levls politics class. Which I am not even going to go into.

Do you know I used to get into so much trouble at school, because I was cocky, but no matter what. My parents laid the law down to me and if ever I was in trouble at school I got a right hiding. Except for one occasion. When this militant leftist teacher. Teaching latin. Whilst in the thrid year. Got very political and i stood up to his bullshit. He made up some crap about me and I got suspended. When I told my parents what had happened. My dad was furious, even more over this teacher politicising a language lesson. It was the only time I saw my father get angry and take my side. In the end thre teacher was suspended. Who I later became friends with funnilly enough when I left school.

The point is I have seen first hand the kind of claptrap indoctrination that goes on in schools and for that twat eilzel to think I get this from youtube videos. Show how little he actually respects me. For you to discount my experince and how I have researched this. Shows its not me being closeminded mate, but you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:34 am

Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

How fucking dare you make such an assumption on me, when I actually  look at studies to problems

So fuck you

That's an awful lot of 'fuck'ing, sorry if I touched a nerve.

What exactly would I allow, in your view?

No fucking just the word fuck or fuckwit

Just bored at your continued denial

Okay so would you like the BBC teach there is over a  hundred genders?

Woul you deny sex based rights for females?

Would you teach that being a lesbian includes male bodied humans with dicks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 am

phildidge wrote:Do you know what really fucks me off is how the left continually deny this reality,. Even when i was in school I had one history teacher so inept. You thought his political views matter more than teaching the history syllabus. So much so that out of 103 students only 5 of passed the history exam. Me with an A. Mainly as I read outside the bullshit that was being taught in the classroom. He congratulated every student except me for passing and hated the fact he had to accept me into his A'levls politics class. Which I am not even going to go into.

Do you know I used to get into so much trouble at school, because I was cocky, but no matter what. My parents laid the law down to me and if ever I was in trouble at school I got a right hiding. Except for one occasion. When this militant leftist teacher. Teaching latin. Whilst in the thrid year. Got very political and i stood up to his bullshit. He made up some crap about me and I got suspended. When I told my parents what had happened. My dad was furious, even more over this teacher politicising a language lesson. It was the only time I saw my father get angry and take my side. In the end thre teacher was suspended. Who I later became friends with funnilly enough when I left school.

The point is I have seen first hand the kind of claptrap indoctrination that goes on in schools and for that twat eilzel to think I get this from youtube videos. Show how little he actually respects me. For you to discount my experince and how I have researched this. Shows its not me being closeminded mate, but you

I'm sorry you had such a bad teacher.

However, who is being closed minded when it is you telling me what I do as a teacher?

So I'll ask again for clarification: what exactly would I allow as a teacher?

Edit: no I would not allow any of those things. Mostly because if I taught in England, I'd teach History or English l, where they wouldn't be relevant. Even if I taught science though, I'd teach the curriculum, not trendy nonsense.

Any more?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:40 am

Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:Do you know what really fucks me off is how the left continually deny this reality,. Even when i was in school I had one history teacher so inept. You thought his political views matter more than teaching the history syllabus. So much so that out of 103 students only 5 of passed the history exam. Me with an A. Mainly as I read outside the bullshit that was being taught in the classroom. He congratulated every student except me for passing and hated the fact he had to accept me into his A'levls politics class. Which I am not even going to go into.

However, who is being closed minded when it is you telling me what I do as a teacher?

Edit: no I would not allow any of those things. Mostly because if I taught in England, I'd teach History or English l, where they wouldn't be relevant. Even if I taught science though, I'd teach the curriculum, not trendy nonsense.

Any more?

Would you stand by and allow others to do so, based on the examples given here?

So I am not being closeminded, because based on your replies here and how you play down problems. Shoiws to me you are not fit to stand up to injustices in education

So I simple do not trust you to do the right thing

When as seen you downplay in the face of overwhemling evidence of problems in education.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:44 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Any more?

So I am not being closeminded, because based on your replies here and how you play down problems. Shoiws to me you are not fit to stand up to injustices in education

When as seen you downplay in the face of overwhemling evidence of problems in education.

If I felt a colleague was to overbearing with their views I would say something, of course.

'Based on' is meaningless and as I've just shown, wrong. Though fortunately your trust in me is immaterial as to my ability to teach or not.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:48 am

Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

If I felt a colleague was to overbearing with their views I would say something, of course.

'Based on' is meaningless and as I've just shown, wrong. Though fortunately your trust in me is immaterial as to my ability to teach or not.

Trust is the most important aspect and based on your replies here, I have zero trust in you to act, when you continually play down educational issues. I am sure you are a great teacher, but its the ability to act against wrongs that enacts trust within peopl.

You have failed to do so here

If you cannot see the wrongs in education today and again palm them off as you claim to be meaningless. Then no, I cannot trust you to do the right thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:50 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Trust is the most important aspect and based on your replies here, I have zero trust in you to act, when you continually play down educational issues. I am sure you are a great teacher, but its the ability to act against wrongs that enacts trust within peopl.

If you cannot see the wrongs in education today and again palm them off as you claim to be meaningless. Then no, I cannot trust you to do the right thing

Ok, well that's your opinion Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:55 am

Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Okay, what do you think it takes to be a good teacher?

Would you have stood up to the nonsense that happened at Evergreen for example?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:19 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Okay, what do you think it takes to be a good teacher?

Would you have stood up to the nonsense that happened at Evergreen for example?

I think it takes a lot of things, and knowing the subject you're teaching inside out is only half of it. I'll bullet list a few things:

- ability to explain
- be able to listen to and understand students' problems and concerns
- make learning as fun and interactive as possible
- good management of behaviour
- patience

And perhaps most importantly (especially so in the case of teachers of the humanities) is critical thinking.

To give an example, though I am an English as a Second Language teacher, I occasionally teach History exam prep to students here who want to do English GCSE tests. I was teaching one boy about the beginning of the Cold War and we were looking at how Communism and Capitalism come into conflict. On the bare bones of it he preferred communism (as I think a lot of young people are inclined to do) but then we did some exercises and discussion on the wider implications of communism to society and he, with no direction from me (we discussed the negatives and positives of both), decided that communism was not something that could work taken to its extreme. It isn't, imo, the teacher's place to preach or present one side or interpretation of anything.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:27 am

Wonderful but failed to answer the second and mot important of all questions

Well communism does not work for many reasons, as it always entails enforcing authoritarianism. Many young people will not often see or be taught the many times it is problematic and has been in history. So if you are an exception to the rule, because in my time, it was haild as magical, by said history teacher. So you claim you would be impartial. Sorry but everyone has a bias even when teaching and nobody is immune to this. If you think you are, then you are lying. As no teacher is truely impartial. Their own subconcious bias always plays out in these situations

Again what would you have done facing the issues at Evergreen?

Would you have backed the polict to have whites not attend school?

Would you have been like Bret Weinstein and stood up to this racist bullshit or been complict in this racist bullshit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:37 am

[quote="phildidge"]

Matthew Goodwin wrote:
In the last few YouGov polls the % of 18-24-year-olds planning to vote Labour has moved from

October 25 - 35%

October 30 - 38%

Nov 1 - 44%

Nov 6 - 54%

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1192799362537152513

A glowing example of leftist indoctrination in schools

As this is the biggest support pool that the far left labour have under Corbyn

No other age group matches the support for this form of far leftism

I rest my case

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:37 am

phildidge wrote:Wonderful but failed to answer the second and mot important of all questions

Well communism does not work for many reasons, as it always entails enforcing authoritarianism. Many young people will not often see or be taught the many times it is problematic and has been in history. So if you are an exception to the rule, because in my time, it was haild as magical, by said history teacher. So you claim you would be impartial. Sorry but everyone has a bias even when teaching and nobody is immune to this. If you think you are, then you are lying. As no teacher is truely impartial. Their own subconcious bias always plays out in these situations

Again what would you have done facing the issues at Evergreen?

Would you have backed the polict to have whites not attend school?

Would you have been like Bret Weinstein and stood up to this racist bullshit or been complict in this racist bullshit?

I would never stand by a policy that doesn't allow white people to attend a school, never.

Of course we are all going to have a bit of bias, that is impossible to avoid and I don't deny it. This would not be helped by home schooling, however, if fact more likely it would be worsened. But a good teacher will do their best to be impartial. My history teachers (at school and uni) were (though one openly admitted to being a bit 'red' he never let it slip into his teaching). I believe I balance this well too, but of course I would.

To be fair, considering GCSEs and A levels cover the Soviet Era and Stalinism, I find it hard to accept students are not being exposed to the horrors of Soviet Communism.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next