NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Manufacturing

Go down

British Manufacturing Empty British Manufacturing

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:07 am

26th February 2014

Great news. I love seeing the British flag on products. If I were a millionaire, I'd have a Morgan with the Union Flag on the bonnet.

Is the Morgan still British? Oh god, I'm not going to bother checking  Neutral 

With Made in China labels on everything from smartphones to your kids’ toys, it may sometimes seem like British manufacturing is a thing of the past.

In fact it’s thriving in factories and workshops all over the country, employing 2.5 million people and making us the world’s 11th biggest manufacturer.

Yesterday we told how Britain’s foremost watchmaker Roger Smith is keeping the dying art of building watches ticking in the Isle of Man.

And Roger, whose hand-crafted timepieces sell for upwards of £80,000, isn’t alone – here we take a look at just some of the products that are still proud to be Made in Britain.

Motorbikes

Triumph have been building their famous motorbikes in the UK since 1902. Over the years their bikes have gained a cult celebrity following with fans including Marlon Brando, James Dean, Elvis Presley and Steve McQueen for whom the company named a special edition of their Bonneville motorcycle.

The company went into receivership in 1983 and its future was in doubt until the name and manufacturing rights were bought by John Bloor. He funded the building of a new factory in Hinckley, Leicestershire and in 2012 the company employed 1,600 staff producing around 49,000 motorcycles.

Read the rest of the article to see more!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/best-british-manufacturing-industries-keeping-3183313#ixzz2uQBRPn9l

Back to top Go down

British Manufacturing Empty Re: British Manufacturing

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Interesting article. I've just read investment by British companies is on the up as well. Repatraition of manufacturing jobs is on the up also as China becomes more costly.

It's all bad news for the Labour voters I'm afraid.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Makes me feel pride in Britain again.

Thank god the bad days of Labour are over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:44 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Makes me feel pride in Britain again.

Thank god the bad days of Labour are over.

Well Harriets helping with that. lol! 
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down