NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google lobbies against "distracted driver" laws

3 posters

Go down

Google lobbies against "distracted driver" laws Empty Google lobbies against "distracted driver" laws

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Google is lobbying officials in at least three U.S. states to stop proposed restrictions on driving with headsets such as Google Glass, marking some of the first clashes over the nascent wearable technology.

Some eight U.S. states are considering regulation of Google Glass, a tiny computer screen mounted in the corner of an eyeglass frame. Law enforcement and other groups are concerned that drivers wearing the devices will pay more attention to their email than the road, causing serious accidents.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/25/us-google-glass-lobbying-idUSBREA1O0P920140225
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Google lobbies against "distracted driver" laws Empty Re: Google lobbies against "distracted driver" laws

Post by eddie Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Phew!
I thought for a minute that they had been observing my driving lessons.  Neutral 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Google lobbies against "distracted driver" laws Empty Re: Google lobbies against "distracted driver" laws

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 am

2 minds on this

people are idiots and no doubt before long you will have some idiot playing flappybirds while driving No No No

but the potential for real life HUD display like used in games would be awesome. plus you wouldn’t have to look at dash anymore and could display more precise info, if linked to sensor mounted in the car could highlight Pedestrians etc.

HUDs (Heads Up Display) are the first step to creating "Reality 2.0"
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:07 am

I think the thing that bugs me about this is that it just seems like they're being obnoxiously pro-profit and apathetic toward public safety.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down