NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the Alanis Morissette song "Ironic"

3 posters

Go down

Question about the Alanis Morissette song "Ironic" Empty Question about the Alanis Morissette song "Ironic"

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:49 pm

By now, everybody knows that her song actually contains no accurate examples of irony. They're all pretty much bad luck.

But what if she did that intentionally?

What could possibly be more ironic than a song called "Ironic" that contains no actual irony?

Maybe she's a genius!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Question about the Alanis Morissette song "Ironic" Empty Re: Question about the Alanis Morissette song "Ironic"

Post by Cass Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:By now, everybody knows that her song actually contains no accurate examples of irony. They're all pretty much bad luck.

But what if she did that intentionally?

What could possibly be more ironic than a song called "Ironic" that contains no actual irony?

Maybe she's a genius!

She’s great. Her lyrics are hysterical, wonderful and very true to life.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Question about the Alanis Morissette song "Ironic" Empty Re: Question about the Alanis Morissette song "Ironic"

Post by eddie Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:57 pm

Hmmm. Not sure. But I do know it’s not one of her best songs by far.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:59 pm

I prefer "One Hand in My Pocket." Underrated song! It just occurred to me that a really smart way to write a song about irony would be to have no irony in the song Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:02 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmm. Not sure. But I do know it’s not one of her best songs by far.

You Outta Know has always been my favorite of hers but I pretty much like all of her stuff.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I prefer "One Hand in My Pocket." Underrated song! It just occurred to me that a really smart way to write a song about irony would be to have no irony in the song Smile

I think she thought along the same lines.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:Hmmm. Not sure. But I do know it’s not one of her best songs by far.

You Outta Know has always been my favorite of hers but I pretty much like all of her stuff.

I do a mean mean version of that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Well I did read that she didn’t know the meaning of the word “ironic” before she wrote it.

Now that’s ironic.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:32 pm

eddie wrote:Well I did read that she didn’t know the meaning of the word “ironic” before she wrote it.

Now that’s ironic.

A woman who didn't understand irony tried to write a song about it, ironically writing one of the most ironic songs ever. This is twisting my brain up!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down