NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales: Man who called uni student a "monkey" and a "n---er" convicted of assault

+3
Vintage
eddie
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

Wales: Man who called uni student a "monkey" and a "n---er" convicted of assault Empty Wales: Man who called uni student a "monkey" and a "n---er" convicted of assault

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:13 pm

A man who called a black female student a “monkey” and used the “n” word twice in a Marks and Spencer store in Cardiff city centre has been convicted of racially aggravated harassment.

Emen Ali, 33, was given a community order for up to 15 days and ordered to pay £825 in costs.

He denied the charge, claiming his victim had misheard him. But magistrates believed Naomi Mankrado and found him guilty.

The incident occurred at the tills in the Queen Street store after the man pushed in front of Ms Mankrado, who was waiting in a queue. He then turned and made his racist remarks before leaving the shop.

A friend and a member of Marks & Spencer’s staff consoled Naomi who said she was in a state of shock.

The story was broken by WalesOnline last December, before Ali was identified.

Ms Mankrado, 21, who was reading neuroscience at Cardiff University at the time, had popped into the M&S food hall to buy some granola when the incident happened by a self-service checkout.

She said that when she pointed out there was a queue the man said “monkey” to her in a subdued voice and then used the n-word twice more loudly before running off.

Ms Mankrado said she had been traumatised by what happened: “It’s really upsetting when you realise very directly that there are people who hate you simply because of the colour of your skin.

“Although you obviously know about racism and how people from ethnic minorities can be discriminated against, it’s very shocking when something like this happens to you personally.

“In fact, I was so upset that I didn’t mention it to a friend until several days later.”

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/cardiff-crime-marks-spencer-racist-16684912
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Wales: Man who called uni student a "monkey" and a "n---er" convicted of assault Empty Re: Wales: Man who called uni student a "monkey" and a "n---er" convicted of assault

Post by eddie Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:24 pm

Good. Glad he was punished, though she could’ve just told him to go fuck himself.... But people really shouldn’t go around racially harassing people.

But I do have to add, because I’m nothing if not an honest little shit - I’m glad the man appears to be of an ethnic minority himself otherwise we may have had the hand-wringing-white-guilt-gang going nuts.... cyclops
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Wales: Man who called uni student a "monkey" and a "n---er" convicted of assault Empty Re: Wales: Man who called uni student a "monkey" and a "n---er" convicted of assault

Post by Vintage Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Ethnic minorities racially abusing another racial minority? How strange I have been led to believe only white people were capable of ethnically abusing ethnic minorities.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:37 pm

Vintage wrote:Ethnic minorities racially abusing another racial minority? How strange I have been led to believe only white people were capable of ethnically abusing ethnic minorities.

Yeah really. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:43 am

Smile

Over here, that charge would probably be "racial villification".

As for 'minorities racially abusing other minorities',  I've mentioned on NF a few times before that some of the worst offenders to be seen down here are often from Asian backgrounds --  some Malaysians are racist towards 'whites', while some Indian clans are quite nasty towards Africans..     And then there's the attitudes of some older and traditional Japanese people against Vietnamese, Cambodians and Koreans.

No one "colour" group has a monopoly on racist attitudes in this part of the world..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:32 am

Over here, it would be considered free speech, protected by the First Amendment.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:40 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Smile

As for 'minorities racially abusing other minorities',  I've mentioned on NF a few times before that some of the worst offenders to be seen down here are often from Asian backgrounds --  some Malaysians are racist towards 'whites', while some Indian clans are quite nasty towards Africans..     And then there's the attitudes of some older and traditional Japanese people against Vietnamese, Cambodians and Koreans.

No one "colour" group has a monopoly on racist attitudes in this part of the world..

That, is probably, one of the most honest and fair posts I’ve ever read from you.

Thank you.

That goes a lot towards dispelling the absolute bollocks that I read from the White-Guilt brigade. Racism comes from ignorant people....and they’re all different colours.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:57 am

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Smile

That, is probably, one of the most honest and fair posts I’ve ever read from you.

Thank you.

That goes a lot towards dispelling the absolute bollocks that I read from the White-Guilt brigade. Racism comes from ignorant people....and they’re all different colours.

Smile

"Honest" ?

When have I ever been anything but honest on here..

Cool
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Vintage wrote:Ethnic minorities racially abusing another racial minority? How strange I have been led to believe only white people were capable of ethnically abusing ethnic minorities.

The only trouble I have witnessed in my street was when the Indian neighbours who live next door were targeted by the Pakistani families who live further down the road. Tensions were very high for a time, guess who was caught up in the middle of it.
Racist and discriminating behaviour can come from anyone, some people just cant accept others are of a different colour, class, background etc.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:39 pm

Syl wrote:

The only trouble I have witnessed in my street was when the Indian neighbours who live next door were targeted by the Pakistani families who live further down the road. Tensions were very high for a time, guess who was caught up in the middle of it.
Racist and discriminating behaviour can come from anyone, some people just cant accept others are of a different colour, class, background etc.

You see, Indian/Pakistani hostility has a history. That's why in racism, history is so important. It allows one to suss out who is privileged, and who is not. The essence of racism is not just the difference, but who is subjugated by the difference.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Arrow

Even when India and Pakistan are at peace and harmony politically, and happily playing cricket tests between one another...

Their militaries can still be carrying on with their minor border skirmishes, around Kashmir and the Punjab..

Pakistan is in some ways an artificial/'synthesised' country, created by the British when they first 'partitioned' the Indian sub-continent, and then formed "West" and "East" Pakistan (now Bangladesh..).

Like when Indonesia was created by the forced amagamation of former Dutch and Portuguese colonies under Javanese rule after WWII; or with rhe earlier creation of Yugoslavia in eastern Europe, the mixing of previously enemy ethnicities, religions, cultures and/or tribal groups often leads to unsettled and mercurial 'shotgun weddings'.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

The only trouble I have witnessed in  my street was when the Indian neighbours who live next door were targeted by the Pakistani families who live further down the road. Tensions were very high for a time, guess who was caught up in the middle of it.

You see, Indian/Pakistani hostility has a history.  That's why in racism, history is so important.  It allows one to suss out who is privileged, and who is not.  The essence of racism is not just the difference, but who is subjugated by the difference.
I know they have a history Quill, and I dont think history should ever be forgotten, it's how we learn to do better and not repeat the same mistakes in the future.

However, the battles I mentioned were between the younger men in the families, I suspect modern day mistrust and jealousy and the simple fact they are from different backgrounds stirred up their hatred for one another not the conflicts of old.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:31 pm

No, no, you completely don't get it. We're not preaching the value of history. We're talking about how history determines the 'who' of disenfranchisement. Thus, white discrimination is negligible next to black discrimination.

Having never experienced fundamental racism, I don't think Brits will ever understand. You can't discriminate against the privileged, and history determines who is privileged.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:No, no, you completely don't get it.  We're not preaching the value of history.  We're talking about how history determines the 'who' of disenfranchisement.  Thus, white discrimination is negligible next to black discrimination.

Having never experienced fundamental racism, I don't think Brits will ever understand.  You can't discriminate against the privileged, and history determines who is privileged.

Do you mean white Brits? You do know that not all Brits are white?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:No, no, you completely don't get it.  We're not preaching the value of history.  We're talking about how history determines the 'who' of disenfranchisement.  Thus, white discrimination is negligible next to black discrimination.

Having never experienced fundamental racism, I don't think Brits will ever understand.  You can't discriminate against the privileged, and history determines who is privileged.

Well neither my Indian or Pakistani neighbours are white Quill...and they are fighting each other not us white overprivileged Brits.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Syl wrote:

Well neither my Indian or Pakistani neighbours are white Quill...and they are fighting each other not us white overprivileged  Brits.

Aha...thinking along the right lines.  Now, go to history to learn which of those peoples historically took privilege.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well neither my Indian or Pakistani neighbours are white Quill...and they are fighting each other not us white overprivileged  Brits.

Aha...thinking along the right lines.  Now, go to history to learn which of those peoples historically took privilege.

Not today teacher, it's my day of rest. Cool

If people prefer to never let past grievances die there will never be peace in the world. Time people moved on IF as you seem to think all modern day discriminations are from the deep and distant past.

Maybe some people just LIKE to treat others who are different as beneath them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Aha...thinking along the right lines. Now, go to history to learn which of those peoples historically took privilege.

Not today teacher, it's my day of rest. Cool

If people prefer to never let past grievances die there will never be peace in the world. Time people moved on IF as you seem to think all modern day discriminations are from the deep and distant past.

Maybe some people just LIKE to treat others who are different as beneath them.

Really? I love reading history on a bright, clear Sunday.

It's more that grievances. It's tribal. If you could reason with those who hold prejudices, they wouldn't be prejudiced, would they?

The Indians and Pakistanis are but one example. Down in Rwanda/Burundi, there are the Hutu's and Tutsi's. There are the East Timorese and Indonesia. The Palestinians and the Israelis. These are what mediators call 'creed' issues. They are much more than trivial, surficial conflicts.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down