NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation

+3
Raggamuffin
'Wolfie
Andy
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation Empty Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:09 am

A Labour councillor has been suspended from his local party group while allegations he wrote anti-Semitic posts on Facebook are investigated.

Manchester council leader Sir Richard Leese suspended Majid Dar after images of his posts were shared on Twitter.

Sir Richard said he believed the posts were "anti-Semitic and, in at least one case, grossly so".

Mr Dar said he was "apologetic", but explained his words criticised Israel and Zionism, not Jews.

His suspension comes two months after the government's equalities watchdog launched an investgation into the Labour Party over allegations of anti-Semitism .

'Facebook-savvy'
Sir Richard told councillors in an email that he had "received information alleging anti-Semitism relating to posts appearing on Majid's Facebook pages".

He wrote that he had met with the Ancoats and Beswick councillor, who had "maintained his innocence", but added that the content of some of the posts "is, in my view, anti-Semitic and, in at least one case, grossly so".

"On that basis, I have suspended Majid from the Labour group until further notice as a neutral act to allow a full investigation to take place."

The posts in question date from between 2012 and 2014 and have since been deleted.

Images of the posts were circulated on an anonymous Twitter account, which identifies itself as being "run by Jewish, ex-Labour Party volunteers", and show that other Facebook users have commented on them, targeting Jewish people.

Mr Dar said he had been criticising a government, not a people, and explained that had he been "Facebook-savvy" at the time, he "would have deleted it".

In more recent posts, which have not been deleted, Mr Dar has repeated his criticisms of Israel, while also sharing videos of Jewish anti-war speakers and photographs of his visit to a Bosnian Jewish museum.

Mr Dar said that if his posts were found to be anti-Semitic, "then I will surely apologise and I am apologetic".

Manchester City Council declined to comment. The Labour Party have been approached for comment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-manchester-49113927?__twitter_impression=true

And this is the massive issue here. How the fuck can he not even know whether something is antisemitic or not?

Also imagine replacing the word Zionist with Muslim and rightly people would call that anti-Muslim bigotry. Yet as seen hate against Jews who believe in a historical homeland through self determination. Is seen as exceptable to hate Jews through this lens. Its basically replacing the word Jew with Zionism to allow hate to go unchallenged. If people are critical of Zionism, that is fine. {Which would still be odd, being as its basically calling for self determination for Jews in the land that they had their genesis. I mean imagine applying this to any other indigeneous group?} But being critical of something does not mean its then okay to hate the people that follow that concept. If they are against that view, they would also have to be against any nation of people that has self determination. Yet for some reason. This is only ever applied towards the Jewish state. Hence its a blantant cover for antisemitism

Back to top Go down

Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation Empty Re: Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:29 am

Yawn.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation Empty Re: Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:34 am

Well there you have it, this is yawn material for Andy, showing how badly antisemitism really has effected Corbyn's disciples. They simple don't care about antisemitism.

Going to vote Liberal next election to ensure both Labour nand Tories dont gain power

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:44 am

Arrow

A pity the Tories have never seen fit to either suspend or expel those known paedo's and serial crim's known to be sprinkled amongst their pollies and "Lords" over the years...

Instead continually blocking the investigations into child abuses and stolen children --  having already been through the British parliament a decade ago, your House of Lords has been sitting on these issues for the past 7 years..

No doubt hoping that they will have time to allow a few more of their inbred kiddy fiddlers to die off, and follow the late "Viscount" William Slim off of this mortal coil and onto whatever 'corner of hell' is reserved for those scum.

In the meantime,  the Tory propaganda machine keeps on keeping on creating ever more relatively trivial deflections and misdirections from the bigger problems that they have created amongst themselves..

Roll on Emperor BoJo with his 'bread and circuses' displays...

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:52 am

With all the things going on in the UK, Europe and the world, Brexit, new Tory leader, the EU, Iran, Rump, North Korea, global warming, you STILL HAVE to dig deep ( deep well mining) to uncover a story about a minor councillor making an unfortunate statement.

But it is an anti Corbyn story , so that puts it at the top of your peculiar agenda.
Fuck me Didge, people are bored rigid with your myopic obsession, little wonder so few engage with you.
You are driving people away.
Just try a little variety, just for a change.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:56 am

Andy wrote:With all the things going on in the UK, Europe and the world, Brexit, new Tory leader, the EU, Iran, Rump, North Korea, global warming, you STILL HAVE to dig deep ( deep well mining) to uncover a story about a minor councillor making an unfortunate statement.

But it is an anti Corbyn story , so that puts it at the top of your peculiar agenda.
Fuck me Didge, people are bored rigid with your myopic obsession, little wonder so few engage with you.

Actually its a story about a councillor who was antisemitic
Which further proves you are a disciple of Corbyn. You simple cannot condemn this, which is what most of his disciples do the same. They go into defgense mode like you are doing. You then turn this about me. Talk about the worst whaboutism going. If you fail to stand against antisemism. They you are complicit in that hate. The fact that you do not even want me to speak about this. Shows how badly hateful labour supporters have come. Those on the Far left

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:57 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Arrow

A pity the Tories have never seen fit to either suspend or expel those known paedo's and serial crim's known to be sprinkled amongst their pollies and "Lords" over the years...

Instead continually blocking the investigations into child abuses and stolen children --  having already been through the British parliament a decade ago, your House of Lords has been sitting on these issues for the past 7 years..

No doubt hoping that they will have time to allow a few more of their inbred kiddy fiddlers to die off, and follow the late "Viscount" William Slim off of this mortal coil and onto whatever 'corner of hell' is reserved for those scum.

In the meantime,  the Tory propaganda machine keeps on keeping on creating ever more relatively trivial deflections and misdirections from the bigger problems that they have created amongst themselves..

Not forgetting the Conservative upskirters club. Tory councillors charged with upskirting.
Jonathan Chope filibustering an upskirting bill to keep it legal.

Haven't seen Didges investigations into that yet.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:58 am

phildidge wrote:
Andy wrote:With all the things going on in the UK, Europe and the world, Brexit, new Tory leader, the EU, Iran, Rump, North Korea, global warming, you STILL HAVE to dig deep ( deep well mining) to uncover a story about a minor councillor making an unfortunate statement.

Which further proves you are a disciple of Corbyn. You simple cannot condemn this, which is what most of his disciples do the same. They go into defgense mode like you are doing. You then turn this about me. Talk about the worst whaboutism going. If you fail to stand against antisemism. They you are complicit in that hate. The fact that you do not even want me to speak about this. Shows how badly hateful labour supporters have come. Those on the Far left
FFS, this whole forum is all about you!
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:59 am

Andy wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Arrow

Not forgetting the Conservative upskirters club. Tory councillors charged with upskirtin

Jonathan Chope filibustering an upskirting bill to keep it legal.

Haven't seen Didges investigations into that yet.

Really Andy

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t27548-councillor-david-smith-to-face-child-sex-offence-charges

Like I say this is about antisemitism and the two lefties invoke whatboutism to attempt to avoid talking about the actual issue here

Busted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:00 am

Andy wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Actually I am more on twitter these days standing up to antisemitic wankers like you

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:07 am

God help Twitter, then. At least they don't have to endure your incoherant multi page ramblings.
Perhaps Ben should put a character limit on posts.
That would fuck you over.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:10 am

Andy wrote:God help Twitter, then. At least they don't have to endure your incoherant multi page ramblings.
Perhaps Ben should put a character limit on posts.
That would fuck you over.

lol so now the vile jew jater wants to have me limited over what I can say. Talk about showing all his far left authoritarianism in all its glory

ha ha ha

This is why people are standing up to hateful wankers like you to ensure Labour under Corbyn never gets into power

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:16 am

How can any of us judge if the remarks were antisemitic if we don't know what was said?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:20 am

Raggamuffin wrote:How can any of us judge if the remarks were antisemitic if we don't know what was said?

Clearly him being suspended would suggest they are antisemitic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:25 am

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:How can any of us judge if the remarks were antisemitic if we don't know what was said?

Well I can't say the comments were antisemitic or not if I don't see them. Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation 2190311264
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Well I can't say the comments were antisemitic or not if I don't see them. Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation 2190311264

https://twitter.com/gnasherjew/status/1153308783101300737?s=12

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:36 am

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Thank you, but that's still only someone else's views.

Never mind. I just don't think you can say Andy condones antisemitism if he doesn't know what was said.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:42 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Thank you, but that's still only someone else's views.

Never mind. I just don't think you can say Andy condones antisemitism if he doesn't know what was said.

By going "yawn"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:44 pm

Didge always resorts to insults when he loses the arguement. His calling me a jew hater is a case in point.
He lives in a Labour hating, anti Palestinian closet.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:40 pm

Andy wrote:Didge always resorts to insults when he loses the arguement. His calling me a jew hater is a case in point.
He lives in a Labour hating, anti Palestinian closet.

Lost what argument here?

You made light of antisemitism

Got into a hissy fit because another Labour member has been suspended for antisemitism

Turned this onto me, because you are a complete wanker

So please explain what debate was lost here?

Seriously just crawl back up Corbyns arse where you belong eh Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Carry on boring the few left on here to death with anti Labour, anti Palestine posts. Few will engage, because few are any longer interested. The swamp has been drained of extremists here, and good posters like Quill have backed off because of the perception this place has become a rw forum where left or centrist views are frowned upon.
You are preaching to a tiny audience now, Didge, partly of your own making. You can shout as loud and often as you like, very few are either listening or care.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:30 pm

“this place has become a rw forum where left or centrist views are frowned upon.”

Is it? How so? Have any threads been deleted because they were too left-wing? Have any posters been banned for being too left-wing? Where are the left-wing threads that have been “frowned upon”?

Do tell.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Andy wrote:Carry on boring the few left on here to death with anti Labour, anti Palestine posts. Few will engage, because few are any longer interested. The swamp has been drained of extremists here, and good posters like Quill have backed off because of the perception this place has become a rw forum where left or centrist views are frowned upon.
You are preaching to a tiny audience now, Didge, partly of your own making. You can shout as loud and often as you like, very few are either listening or care.

Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation Imageedit_1149_2173811770

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:49 pm

eddie wrote:“this place has become a rw forum where left or centrist views are frowned upon.”

Is it? How so? Have any threads been deleted because they were too left-wing? Have any posters been banned for being too left-wing? Where are the left-wing threads that have been “frowned upon”?

Do tell.
Not just me Eddie. Wolfie will agree. So will Jules, Sassy thought so before she left. 
Even Quill said it with his spat with Vic.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:52 pm

eddie wrote:“this place has become a rw forum where left or centrist views are frowned upon.”

Do tell.

Its an absurd claim, basically what is saying is that some here are not left enough for him

I have always been liberal on social issues and only right wing economically

He is basically having a hissy fit, because what he really is trying to say. Is that he would like threads and posts controlled based upon his line of thinking. Which is ideologically left wing and authoritarian

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:01 pm

Andy wrote:Carry on boring the few left on here to death with anti Labour, anti Palestine posts. Few will engage, because few are any longer interested. The swamp has been drained of extremists here, and good posters like Quill have backed off because of the perception this place has become a rw forum where left or centrist views are frowned upon.

your post makes no sense, andy. if there are no exremists here then that is a good thing surely

good posters like quill have backed off,,,,,,

you are implying that quill is such a sensitive bunny and has so few convincing arguments that he can't take the pace of robust debate,,,,,

poor quill

personally, i think he doesn't like being called out on his bullshit. he has had his way for so long that when someone challenges that he can't take it

sad

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:10 pm

gelico wrote:

your post makes no sense, andy.  if there are no exremists here then that is a good thing surely

good posters like quill have backed off,,,,,,

you are implying that quill is such a  sensitive bunny and has so few convincing arguments that he can't take the pace of robust debate,,,,,

poor quill

personally, i think he doesn't like being called out on his bullshit.  he has had his way for so long that when someone challenges that he can't take it

sad

Have a green

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:21 pm

The extremists to whom I was referring by were Allakaka, Major and Smelly Bandit.
But you already knew that.
Quill is just another fed up with having debate taken over by r
rw political claptrap..
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Andy wrote:The extremists to whom I was referring by were Allakaka, Major and Smelly Bandit.
rw political claptrap..

allakaka isn't on here
no idea who major is but he clearly isn't on here
smelly posts so rarely that he may as well not be here

so what are you moaning about exactlY?,,,,,,

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Andy wrote:

Do tell.
Not just me Eddie. Wolfie will agree. So will Jules, Sassy thought so before she left. 

You gave me a list of people but no answers to any of my questions, Andy.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:45 pm

Quill might have given that reason, but what he didn't like was being told he was out of order for accusing nicko of killing children.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:48 pm

gelico wrote:
Andy wrote:The extremists to whom I was referring by were Allakaka, Major and Smelly Bandit.
rw political claptrap..

allakaka isn't on here
no idea who major is but he clearly isn't on here
smelly posts so rarely that he may as well not be here

so what are you moaning about exactlY?,,,,,,

Smelly deleted his account so he doesn't post at all now.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:18 pm

Major is still posting his bile and racist shit on Angry Monkey forum. Which has 2 posters, Blackdahlia and Major.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:34 pm

I really must sort out that forum. Quill appears to be on there, but I didn't activate him. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:32 pm

phildidge wrote:
Andy wrote:

Actually I am more on twitter these days standing up to antisemitic wankers like you

Rolling Eyes

What a fucking load of deflective bulldust,  Dodgey one...

I challenge you to find even one genuinely anti-semitic post from anyone on this forum  !!!

Not anti-Zionist,  or anti-Israel, or anti--far right/fascist/neo-nazi,  or anti-any Didge's bluster  --  but any genuinely anti-semitic/anti-Jew'/anti-Hebrew rants..

Can't, can you  Didge  ?
Truth is just because someone complains about your far right Tory and Zionist propaganda ravings, that doesn't automatically equate to "antisemitism", or racism, or Marxism, or any other misplaced exaggerated snowflake superlatives you care to use..

No matter what blarney your latest fave far-right provocateurs may be writing...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:40 pm

Andy wrote:Major is still posting his bile and racist shit on Angry Monkey forum. Which has 2 posters, Blackdahlia and Major.

so what

it isn't this forum is it

why do you trawl through other forums for something you don't like and then bring it here?

it doesn't make any sense at all

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Andy wrote:

Smile

Sassy, Irn bru and Korben Dallas were all avoiding this forum because of right wing/British nationalist abuse, bullying and co-ordinated gang attacks...

Left leaning posters on here have been regularly basemented on here for standing up for themselves -- yet the trolling leaders of those right wing gangs on here not only go unpunished, but are even congratulated and lauded by yourself, eddie..

And noone else would be standing up against the regular racist, xenophobic, anti-disabled, anti-worker and other extremist crappola from the right-wing bully brigade on here, if it wasn't for the few left-leaning caring & compassionate types, who are then often falsely labelled with absurd lying claims and juvenile labels from those same bullying bigots..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:51 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Smile

Sassy, Irn bru and Korben Dallas were all avoiding this forum because of right wing/British nationalist abuse, bullying and co-ordinated gang attacks...

Left leaning posters on here have been regularly basemented on here for standing up for themselves --  yet the trolling leaders of those right wing gangs on here not only go unpunished, but are even congratulated and lauded by yourself, eddie..

And noone else would be standing up against the regular racist, xenophobic, anti-disabled, anti-worker and other extremist crappola from the right-wing bully brigade on here, if it wasn't for the few left-leaning caring & compassionate types,  who are then often falsely labelled with absurd lying claims and juvenile labels from those same bullying bigots..

This is what you sound like Wolf when you crap on like this

Labour councillor suspended in anti-Semitism investigation Giphy

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:59 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Smile

Left leaning posters on here have been regularly basemented on here for standing up for themselves --  yet the trolling leaders of those right wing gangs on here not only go unpunished, but are even congratulated and lauded by yourself, eddie..

And noone else would be standing up against the regular racist, xenophobic, anti-disabled, anti-worker and other extremist crappola from the right-wing bully brigade on here, if it wasn't for the few left-leaning caring & compassionate types,  who are then often falsely labelled with absurd lying claims and juvenile labels from those same bullying bigots..

hahahahahhahahaha

lol!

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:37 pm

gelico wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Smile

hahahahahhahahaha

lol!

I know...it's the best laugh on here today. lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:40 pm

This has been the lead item on BBC's Greater Manchester Radio news this afternoon.
So to be fair, no one had to 'dig deep' to post about this story.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:44 pm

So it was the lead on a local BBC radio station for a few hours, with a listenership of probably 20,000. 
Not exactly world shattering news , was it?

As I said, for the remaining 62,980,000 of Britain's population, it was under the radar and required some digging for.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:23 pm

Andy wrote:So it was the lead on a local BBC radio station for a few hours, with a listenership of probably 20,000. 

As I said, for the remaining 62,980,000 of Britain's population, it was under the radar and required some digging for.

Well you were certainly right about that part Andy
Its become normative now, antisemitism within labour
That is how bad it has become
That under Corbyn. Antisemitism has become normalised.
Its no longer a shock and has not been since he became the leader
All this does is renforce the problem that Labour has with so many antisemitic members

Have a good evening

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:46 pm

Andy wrote:So it was the lead on a local BBC radio station for a few hours, with a listenership of probably 20,000. 

BBC Radio Manchester is a BBC Local Radio station broadcasting to Greater Manchester, north-east Cheshire and north-east Derbyshire in North West England, from MediaCityUK in Salford Quays on FM via a transmitter at Holme Moss, with a small repeater at Saddleworth that covers Tameside and Saddleworth. It can be heard on DAB radio and via internet streaming.

BBC Radio ManchesterCityManchesterBroadcast areaGreater Manchester, north-east Cheshire and north-west Derbyshire.Frequency95.1 MHz, 104.6 MHz
DAB: 11C
RDS: BBC_MancFirst air date10 September 1970FormatLocal news, talk and musicLanguage(s)EnglishOwnerBBC Local Radio,
BBC North WestWebcastWMAWebsiteBBC Radio Manchester

According to RAJAR, the station has a weekly audience of 203,000 listeners and a 3.8% share as of December 2018. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:15 am

All BBC local and regional news desks, and particularly those in major conurbations such as Manchester, provide a 24/7 live feed to BBC national news and current affairs programs and are the source of vast amounts of reaction and comment throughout the ever expanding and hugely influential social media, so your argument is patently ridiculous.

So far as the main thrust of this thread is concerned, you yourself have never lost an opportunity of exploiting to the full any charges, accusations or even investigations of either paedophilia or racism leveled against Tory personalities, the most recent of which has already been mentioned in this thread.

Just face up to it Andy, you're a blatant hypocrite when there is a suggestion of wrongdoing in the Tory Party and a denier in the face of exactly the same sort situations involving the Labour Party.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:18 am

We don't know if this man has done anything wrong yet. Of course it's unwise to talk about Israel or Jews at all on Facebook, but we don't know if he made antisemitic comments or not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:32 am

Raggamuffin wrote:We don't know if this man has done anything wrong yet. Of course it's unwise to talk about Israel or Jews at all on Facebook, but we don't know if he made antisemitic comments or not.

Yes we do as he has been suspended

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:32 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

All BBC local and regional news desks, and particularly those in major conurbations such as Manchester, provide a 24/7 live feed to BBC national news and current affairs programs and are the source of vast amounts of reaction and comment throughout the ever expanding and hugely influential social media, so your argument is patently ridiculous.

So far as the main thrust of this thread is concerned, you yourself have never lost an opportunity of exploiting to the full any charges, accusations or even investigations of either paedophilia or racism leveled against Tory personalities, the most recent of which has already been mentioned in this thread.

Just face up to it Andy, you're a blatant hypocrite when there is a suggestion of wrongdoing in the Tory Party and a denier in the face of exactly the same sort situations involving the Labour Party.

Have a green Sir

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:35 am

Raggamuffin wrote:We don't know if this man has done anything wrong yet. Of course it's unwise to talk about Israel or Jews at all on Facebook, but we don't know if he made antisemitic comments or not.

Yes, I'm a firm believer of the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" too, and you have put your finger on what is becoming a serious threat to freedom of speech and expression, something that is equally important in my book.

It is becoming "unwise" to talk about a whole range of important issues that even marginally involve ethnicity because of the growing tendency of opposing factions to play the race card as their default position in an attempt to stifle debate.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:40 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Yes, I'm a firm believer of the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" too, and you have put your finger on what is becoming a serious threat to freedom of speech and expression, something that is equally important in my book.

It is becoming "unwise" to talk about a whole range of important issues that even marginally involve ethnicity because of the growing tendency of opposing factions to play the race card as their default position in an attempt to stifle debate.

Its not a case of innocent until proven guilty. He was suspended by the council leader as he deemed the facebook comments as antisemitic

Its only now a case of what punishment he faces for this

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next