NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007'

+7
eddie
Tommy Monk
Victorismyhero
Raggamuffin
Syl
Original Quill
Maddog
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007' - Page 2 Empty Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007'

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Daniel Craig retains title role but 25th instalment in the franchise reveals codename has been reassigned to British actor Lashana Lynch

While Daniel Craig is set to reprise his role as James Bond in the next film, the franchise is set for a shake-up, with reports claiming that black British actor Lashana Lynch has been cast as 007 – taking over Bond’s secret agent number after his character leaves M16.

The Mail has quoted from an anonymous “movie insider”, who says that the 25th film opens with Bond (Craig), retired in Jamaica, being called back to action to fight a new villain.

“There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says, “Come in 007”, and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman,” the source said. “It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007.”

Originally from West London, Lynch, 31, made her film debut in 2011’s Fast Girls, but her breakthrough role came earlier this year, as fighter pilot Maria Rambeau in Captain Marvel.

The news of her being given Bond’s famous code name has been widely praised on social media, coming weeks after US singer Halle Bailey was cast as Ariel in Disney’s live action remake of the Little Mermaid.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/15/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-daniel-craig

Back to top Go down

Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007' - Page 2 Empty Re: Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007'

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Vintage wrote:I wonder how long it'll be before we have films with, Nellie Armstrong uttering the first words on the moon, Hillary Edmunds conquering Everest,  Willimenia the Conqueror, Henrietta Vlll and Horatia Nelson.
There were very good operatives that were female in fact they tended to be more successful than male operatives for many reasons. The top agent in occupied France was female and extremely successful evading capture. The James Bond character is a well established character of a type. Personally I don't mind who they have although I agree with Syl
in her choice of Idris Elba.

Since when was james Bond a historical character?
Really silly reply, considering you are going off now historical characters where none have even have been played by females or likely ever to do so. So if you think female SOE operatives were excellent, what is the issue with a secret agent women playing 007?

Back to top Go down

Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007' - Page 2 Empty Re: Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007'

Post by Vintage Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Read my reply again Didge
Didn't say he was an historical character, the rest is jocular or so I hoped. You may remember jokes, funny remarks or asides, might not be side spliting humour I agree but I try.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Vintage wrote:Read my reply again Didge
Didn't say he was an historical character, the rest is jocular or so I hoped. You may remember jokes, funny remarks or asides, might not be side spliting humour I agree but I try.

You went off histrical charcters as if they would be changed to females not matter whether it was in a joking manner, you werre trying to express an absurd point that has zero bearing to this situation

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Oh that must be so then, if you say Didge.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Vintage wrote:Oh that must be so then, if you say Didge.

Well, why make a whataboutism view point on historical characters, when James Bond is fiction?

You claim it as a joke, but even jokes and satire can have double meanings to express a point do they not?

Catch you later

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:26 pm

I have it on very good authority that Angelina Jolie has been chosen for the lead role in the new film biography of Barack Obama, and that Wesley Snipes will play Margaret Thatcher in the new biopic "The Lady Got Turned".....
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:38 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I have it on very good authority that Angelina Jolie has been chosen for the lead role in the new film biography of Barack Obama,  and that Wesley Snipes will play Margaret Thatcher in the new biopic "The Lady Got Turned".....

I have it on good authority that you are a Tyrannosaurus Fred. A rare breed of animal, only found recently. In a land that time forgot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:43 pm

phildidge wrote:
Vintage wrote:Oh that must be so then, if you say Didge.

Well, why make a whataboutism view point on historical characters, when James Bond is fiction?

You claim it as a joke, but even jokes and satire can have double meanings to express a point do they not?

Catch you later
Why not?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Vintage wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Catch you later
Why not?

Beeeecuase its whataboutism..... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:29 pm

phildidge wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:I have it on very good authority that Angelina Jolie has been chosen for the lead role in the new film biography of Barack Obama,  and that Wesley Snipes will play Margaret Thatcher in the new biopic "The Lady Got Turned".....

I have it on good authority that you are a Tyrannosaurus Fred. A rare breed of animal, only found recently. In a land that time forgot

Didge, whenever you intervene in what is intended to be light hearted discussion, it usually develops into something about as amusing as an interrogation by a tax inspector suffering from a bad bout of irritable bowel syndrome.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Well you know all about that technique but so what ?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Didge, whenever you intervene in what is intended to be light hearted discussion, it usually develops into something about as amusing as an interrogation by a tax inspector suffering from a bad bout of irritable bowel syndrome.

Hence why you are a Tyrannosaurus Fred. Someone clearly found what I said funny by giving me a green. Laughing

Maybe you need to lighten up yourself, just saying Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:17 pm

You clearly have a friend on here today then Didge.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 pm

Vintage wrote:You clearly have a friend on here today then Didge.

Are you not my friend Vintage?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:James Bond was based on a Scottish wartime Royal Navy Commander (the equivalent of an army Lt.Col. or an RAF Wing Commander) with whom author Ian Flemming served in Naval Intelligence in WW2.

This casting  is just more tokenism and a sop to the present day mania for so-called diversity and equality...regardless of reality.

Very silly.

Now, I know that this will immediately attract the wrath of the trendy Left and assorted feminazis...but what the hell, I'm old enough and curmudgeonly enough to respond in the immortal words: Piss off.

Spoken like a true Grump, Fred.  Ya wouldn't be the same if you turned trendy.  Evil or Very Mad

Laughing  

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Its not much of a stretch to change the gender of an historic figure in a film, if the revisionist movement is already trying to change historical facts as far as we know them in reality. Its not like the film industry is shy of a few changes of location, nationality and actual facts is it. U - 571 for one, the Memphis Belle was not the first B17 to complete 25 missions it was the Hot Stuff, aren't the people involved in these original happenings historical figures or soon to be,
although not as well known as Henry Vlll and co.

Indeed, I am your friend Didge.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:58 pm

Vintage wrote:I wonder how long it'll be before we have films with, Nellie Armstrong uttering the first words on the moon, Hillary Edmunds conquering Everest,  Willimenia the Conqueror, Henrietta Vlll and Horatia Nelson.
There were very good operatives that were female in fact they tended to be more successful than male operatives for many reasons. The top agent in occupied France was female and extremely successful evading capture. The James Bond character is a well established character of a type. Personally I don't mind who they have although I agree with Syl
in her choice of Idris Elba.

Well, we already have Baberaham Lincoln.

Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007' - Page 2 Iaf6Lv8
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Vintage wrote:

Indeed, I am your friend Didge.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Well, we already have Baberaham Lincoln.

Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007' - Page 2 Iaf6Lv8[/quote]

---and so it begins

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:05 pm

Dude! That photo of me was supposed to be our special secret!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 pm

eddie wrote:Dude! That photo of me was supposed to be our special secret!

Did the sex therapist recommend a few bedroom games? Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Dude! That photo of me was supposed to be our special secret!

Did the sex therapist recommend a few bedroom games?  Laughing

Yes! Hence my beard. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:52 pm

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:13 pm

phildidge wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Hence why you are a Tyrannosaurus Fred. Someone clearly found what I said funny by giving me a green.   Laughing

Maybe you need to lighten up yourself, just saying   Laughing

If you go back and read the whole of my original post, Didge including the last paragraph, you might just conclude that whoever gave you that green thingy of which you are so proud is just as unperceptive as you are.

If you still don't get it, ask Syl who reacted somewhat differently.

By the way, I prefer a red thingy myself - it shows that I have managed to piss off a member of the Dickhead Tendency. Sadly, I don't get many. Must try harder. Twisted Evil
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:James Bond was based on a Scottish wartime Royal Navy Commander (the equivalent of an army Lt.Col. or an RAF Wing Commander) with whom author Ian Flemming served in Naval Intelligence in WW2.

This casting  is just more tokenism and a sop to the present day mania for so-called diversity and equality...regardless of reality.

Very silly.

Now, I know that this will immediately attract the wrath of the trendy Left and assorted feminazis...but what the hell, I'm old enough and curmudgeonly enough to respond in the immortal words: Piss off.

Spoken like a true Grump, Fred.  Ya wouldn't be the same if you turned trendy.  Evil or Very Mad

Laughing  

Trendy? Moi? Never in a million years.

A true grump, though....now that's more like it. Wink
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:33 pm

Join the club Fred !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Hence why you are a Tyrannosaurus Fred. Someone clearly found what I said funny by giving me a green.   Laughing

If you go back and read the whole of my original post, Didge including the last paragraph, you might just conclude that whoever gave you that green thingy of which you are so proud is just as unperceptive as you are.

By the way, I prefer a red thingy myself - it shows that I have managed to piss off a member of the Dickhead Tendency. Sadly, I don't get many. Must try harder.  Twisted Evil

I am certainly taking you for a sour grapes Fred  Laughing

Seriously, move on

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:29 pm

phildidge wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

By the way, I prefer a red thingy myself - it shows that I have managed to piss off a member of the Dickhead Tendency. Sadly, I don't get many. Must try harder.  Twisted Evil

Seriously, move on

Only when confronted by fools, Didge.

I "moved on" long ago; that's why I've survived for so long.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I find posting when Wetwipe is lurking ups my redthingy intake considerably Fred.....not sure if it would work for you as well. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:35 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Seriously, move on

Only when confronted by fools, Didge.

I "moved on" long ago; that's why I've survived for so long.

The red thing is pointless. It used to take away points, so at least that was meaningful. But now it's just as easy to put your disapproval in words.

Also, when you do a red thing, the 1 hour freeze kicks in (I forget what you call it, swamp control or something). So if you find a post you do like, you can't register your approval.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Never understood why this is, perhaps Ben can enlighten us ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2