NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most UK news coverage of Muslims is negative, major study finds

+3
Syl
eddie
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Most UK news coverage of Muslims is negative, major study finds Empty Most UK news coverage of Muslims is negative, major study finds

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:47 am

Most coverage of Muslims in British news outlets has a negative slant, according to a major analysis by the Muslim Council of Britain, which concludes that news stories in the mainstream media are contributing to Islamophobia.

The study found the Mail on Sunday had the most negative coverage of Islam, with 78% of its stories featuring Muslims having negative themes – above an already-high industry average of 59%.

The New Statesman, Observer and Guardian were the least likely to portray Muslims in a negative light, according to the analysis of 11,000 articles and news broadcasts during the final three months of last year.

The findings come amid growing scrutiny of Islamophobia in the Conservative party and whether its roots lie in rightwing media coverage. A YouGov poll of Tory members by the campaign group Hope Not Hate found that 60% believe “Islam is generally a threat to western civilisation” and more than half believe “Islam is generally a threat to the British way of life”.

Miqdaad Versi of the Muslim Council of Britain said he did not want to stop news outlets reporting on negative stories about Muslims but asked journalists to ensure that they considered the tone of their coverage. He also encouraged news outlets to include more positive stories about Muslims and not simply focus on terrorists and extremists.

“You need to ensure that when you write a negative story it is fair and reflective and doesn’t generalise about all Muslims and feed into a broader far-right narrative,” he said. “In addition to that there’s an issue of standing back and looking at all the stories out there and seeing if we’re reflecting all the stories. Are we only covering the worst Muslims out there?”

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jul/09/most-uk-news-coverage-of-Muslims-is-negative-major-study-finds?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1562653114

I think he needs to realise that Muslim community are not doing enough to counter the rising number of extremist Muslims within their communities. There is not going to be countless stories about extremists, if there is less extremists and terrorists. You simple cannot ignore stories, of terrorism and extremism.

Not sure how else thes can be written and yet to see the media write . Where they are basically blaming Muslims as a whole. I simple do not buy that assertion from this study. In fact they often make a clear distinction bewteen Muslims and extremist Muslims. Just as we do with then speaking about extreme left and right. So I would say its the actions of Muslim extremist that is contributing to anti-Muslim bigotry, which is wrong. As no Muslims should receive hate based off the actions of extremists. Obviously the Far right capitalise on what extremists do on this to promote hate against Muslims, which is also wrong and needs to be countered.

Back to top Go down

Most UK news coverage of Muslims is negative, major study finds Empty Re: Most UK news coverage of Muslims is negative, major study finds

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:10 am

Blame all the Muslims who are committing so much crime and terrorism, which all the media stories are reporting about!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Most UK news coverage of Muslims is negative, major study finds Empty Re: Most UK news coverage of Muslims is negative, major study finds

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:31 pm

well maybe Muslims should stop murdering people while shouting ALLAHU AKBAR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:01 pm

I think negative stories are written when there’s something negative to write about and positive stories are written when there’s something positive to write about.

I mean, it’s not like the media make up stories, is it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:11 pm

eddie wrote:I think negative stories are written when there’s something negative to write about and positive stories are written when there’s something positive to write about.

Which is a fair point.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:38 pm

phildidge wrote:
eddie wrote:I think negative stories are written when there’s something negative to write about and positive stories are written when there’s something positive to write about.

Which is a fair point.

I’m not a massive fan of the media at times but fairs fair. They will often write a Muslim feel-good story if there’s one to be had.

This article seems aimed at stirring the shit pot in my opinion.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Odd though that Muslim gangs didn't get much publicity at all for decades when they were raping and grooming young white kids. scratch

Last edited by Syl on Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Most news stories are negative - there's not much interest in good news.

I can't believe a study was required to confirm this.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Most news stories are negative - there's not much interest in good news.

I can't believe a study was required to confirm this.

Well, there is that. Laughing
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:43 pm

On the other hand, the media is why some people think that blacks are all criminals, all Texans still ride horses, all the English have bad teeth, all Southerners are racist, and all Muslims are terrorists.

On the other other hand, it's people's own fault if they rely on the media to tell them everything they know.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:44 pm

eddie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Which is a fair point.

I’m not a massive fan of the media at times but fairs fair. They will often write a Muslim feel-good story if there’s one to be had.

This article seems aimed at stirring the shit pot in my opinion.

Which is very true, the media often publishes a story based on the good deeds of a Muslim. Normally also when terrorism happens

So I find this report poorly biased and fails to understand its not the media creating this in the first place. Its the actions of extremists reolayed in the media alongside far right extremist that leads to anti-Muslim bigotry.

As you and i, read many of the stories of extremist and are not anti-Muslim. So its clearly not the media presenting stories of extremists. Its again the acts combined with those who promote anti-Muslim bigotry. That creates hate towards Muslims

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:On the other hand, the media is why some people think that blacks are all criminals, all Texans still ride horses, all the English have bad teeth, all Southerners are racist, and all Muslims are terrorists.

On the other other hand, it's people's own fault if they rely on the media to tell them everything they know.

I totally agree with your last sentence.
In any case, the media are often lazy at reporting all of the facts and simply copy and paste each other.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:46 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:On the other hand, the media is why some people think that blacks are all criminals, all Texans still ride horses, all the English have bad teeth, all Southerners are racist, and all Muslims are terrorists.

Sorry Ben that is complete Bullshit

No media expresses a view, that all Blacks are criminals

Only racists express that view and will use media stories as if to promote their ideological view

That does not mean the media is at fault. Its the people buying and reading into the views of the racists

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:52 pm

That was the fault of Dallas. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:54 pm

phildidge wrote:

Only racists express that view and will use media stories as if to promote their ideological view

That does not mean the media is at fault. Its the people buying and reading into the views of the racists

I'm not saying the media in most cases tries to depict all black people as criminals -- it's just that when the only stories that have black people's photos happen to be "he shot a liquor store clerk," people start to associate blacks with criminality, because they don't have enough stories about black people doing good things or even neutral things.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I'm not saying the media in most cases tries to depict all black people as criminals -- it's just that when the only stories that have black people's photos happen to be "he shot a liquor store clerk," people start to associate blacks with criminality, because they don't have enough stories about black people doing good things or even neutral things.

Do they? Why do you not do so yourself?

I dint either, so why ius that?

The reality is they are not the only stories. You simple perceive they are the only ones

Its not as if we are living under the nazism or Communism, where the press is censured.And only allowed certain views made, but that is not the case. Anyone saying the wrong view on the media, will basically lose their job. Where even that is open to interpretaion and can be wrong. People are now become trial by social media

Now if you said social media, you would have a point on how  racism can spread

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:20 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Right. When people speak of institutional racism, that's just what they mean.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:20 pm

piss taker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:21 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Do they? Why do you not do so yourself?

I dint either, so why ius that?

The reality is they are not the only stories. You simple perceive they are the only ones

Its not as if we are living under the nazism or Communism, where the press is censured.And only allowed certain views made, but that is not the case. Anyone saying the wrong view on the media, will basically lose their job. Where even that is open to interpretaion and can be wrong. People are now become trial by social media

Now if you said social media, you would have a point on how  racism can spread

I dont think I put my point across welll

People will have an inate far and its easy for people to play off how others perceive crime

This is only born from some very vocal people in how they are able to sway people

We have seen this before, with the likes of Hitler. Where in his time, they were able to manipulate the press.

The reality is, people held by fear, will sway to fear based reasons. They look to scapegoat, as we see happen to Jews and Muslims. Its happened for time immoral. Again though its more about who has the charisma to sway views. The media is becoming more and more able to divide people with identity politics, but it is out spoken people. That creates the divide. That we are seeing more and more today and left and right identity politics is to blame

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:24 pm

People also have an innate bias toward negative news -- we don't pay nearly as much attention to positive news stories, because we're too busy trying to mentally organize the threats to our existence and those we care about.

People don't create elaborate plans for what to do when there's a sunny day in the weather forecast; we create DISASTER PLANS. And we don't tense up when we see old ladies on the street; we do when we see someone who looks like someone the media reported as a criminal.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:26 pm

eddie wrote:

I totally agree with your last sentence.
In any case, the media are often lazy at reporting all of the facts and simply copy and paste each other.

Well, they're getting their information from the same two or three sources, so that can sound samey. But reporters get fired for copy-pasting other reporters Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

perhaps if more blacks did good things they would be in the paper more often, alternatively the media could always just do what they do best and fake it

stage a good deed and report on it, they do it all the time in the UK with Muslims

they are forever banging on about how Muslims turn out to march for "not in our name" marches and yet there are zero pictures of said march.

if you cant get blacks to do good deeds then make it up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:People also have an innate bias toward negative news -- we don't pay nearly as much attention to positive news stories, because we're too busy trying to mentally organize the threats to our existence and those we care about.

People don't create elaborate plans for what to do when there's a sunny day in the weather forecast; we create DISASTER PLANS. And we don't tense up when we see old ladies on the street; we do when we see someone who looks like someone the media reported as a criminal.

Still not grasping this are you Ben?

I post and have posted countless good media stories all the time on this fourm

Have you contributed to every single one?

No

You are as bad as you claim of others, because you hold an inate fear of trump, do you not?

Did that come from the media?

Or how you and others spoke to each other

I think Trump is a dick and he is just on e inb a long line of US presidents that have made some massive poor Policies

What you need to do, is avoid allowing emotions to control you and help people to see trump is a poor leader whilst not using hate.

As its hate dividing your country today and that make s people come one with trump, the point you miss

You are never going to defeat him that way

Only reason will

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Right.  When people speak of institutional racism, that's just what they mean.

so whats your solution???

media censorship when the criminal is black or hispanic??

or perhaps a baseline reporting system where in there are 6000 crimes by whites,12000 by hispanics and 18000 by blacks then you only report from the lowest common denominator of 6000

so whites get 100% of their crimes reported on, hispanics 50% and blacks 33.3'%

and no one bar blacks and liberal bleeding hearts like you talks about "institutional racism" everyone else knows it doesnt exist why else would america have voted for a black president TWICE????

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:39 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

piss taker

Okay, point taken. Sometimes they misreport. I’ve not much trust in the media when it comes to big stories but my point on this thread at least, still stands.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:42 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

piss taker

Okay, point taken. Sometimes they misreport. I’ve not much trust in the media when it comes to big stories but my point on this thread at least, still stands.

russian collusion story?? hello???

biggest load of bullshit since hitler burn down the Reichstag

what about brexit??? the coverage has been overwhelmingly negative when the reality is that it isnt, the media contorl peoples opinions by selectively interviewing certian people with certian views to show that overwhelmingly people spport X or Y when in reality you may have interviewed 100 people and only about 10 on them support X or Y but to the viewer it looks like everyone interviewed has that view

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:45 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

piss taker

russian collusion story?? hello???

biggest load of bullshit since hitler burn down the Reichstag

what about brexit??? the coverage has been overwhelmingly negative when the reality is that it isnt, the media contorl peoples opinions by selectively interviewing certian people with certian views to show that overwhelmingly people spport X or Y when in reality you may have interviewed 100 people and only about 10 on them support X or Y but to the viewer it looks like everyone interviewed has that view

Yes, brexit was a media sham. I agree.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Russe wrote:so whats your solution???

1. Call it out.

2. When it's in 'rules and procedures' change them.

3. Hold seminars with state/federal agencies, private business, local agencies.

4. Advertise.

Most of it goes unnoticed. So, simple education goes a long way. Like smoking, a lot of people did it because they didn't know how bad it was. Just informing them goes a long way.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:56 pm

phildidge wrote:Most coverage of Muslims in British news outlets has a negative slant, according to a major analysis by the Muslim Council of Britain, which concludes that news stories in the mainstream media are contributing to Islamophobia.

The study found the Mail on Sunday had the most negative coverage of Islam, with 78% of its stories featuring Muslims having negative themes – above an already-high industry average of 59%.

The New Statesman, Observer and Guardian were the least likely to portray Muslims in a negative light, according to the analysis of 11,000 articles and news broadcasts during the final three months of last year.

The findings come amid growing scrutiny of Islamophobia in the Conservative party and whether its roots lie in rightwing media coverage. A YouGov poll of Tory members by the campaign group Hope Not Hate found that 60% believe “Islam is generally a threat to western civilisation” and more than half believe “Islam is generally a threat to the British way of life”.

Miqdaad Versi of the Muslim Council of Britain said he did not want to stop news outlets reporting on negative stories about Muslims but asked journalists to ensure that they considered the tone of their coverage. He also encouraged news outlets to include more positive stories about Muslims and not simply focus on terrorists and extremists.

“You need to ensure that when you write a negative story it is fair and reflective and doesn’t generalise about all Muslims and feed into a broader far-right narrative,” he said. “In addition to that there’s an issue of standing back and looking at all the stories out there and seeing if we’re reflecting all the stories. Are we only covering the worst Muslims out there?”

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jul/09/most-uk-news-coverage-of-Muslims-is-negative-major-study-finds?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1562653114

I don't give a fuk what this self appointed "muslem council of Britain" thinks...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
phildidge wrote:Most coverage of Muslims in British news outlets has a negative slant, according to a major analysis by the Muslim Council of Britain, which concludes that news stories in the mainstream media are contributing to Islamophobia.

I don't give a fuk what this self appointed "muslem council of Britain" thinks...

They are British citizens are they not Tommy?

Are you saying their views is of a lesser value and something not to consider

Hastag...Tommyfor Undemocraticvalues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Russe wrote:so whats your solution???

1. Call it out.

4. Advertise.

Most of it goes unnoticed.  So, simple education goes a long way.  Like smoking, a lot of people did it because they didn't know how bad it was.  Just informing them goes a long way.

Call what out??? Black crime, isn't that what you're bitching about??? That's black crime is being reported and the result is that blacks are associated with criminal activities???

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:19 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

1. Call it out.

4. Advertise.

Most of it goes unnoticed.  So, simple education goes a long way.  Like smoking, a lot of people did it because they didn't know how bad it was.  Just informing them goes a long way.

Call what out??? Black crime, isn't that what you're bitching about??? That's black crime is being reported and the result is that blacks are associated with criminal activities???

Pshaw...you started it with your slavery.  What's all that apartheid about, anyway?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Pshaw...you started it with your slavery.  What's all that apartheid about, anyway?

No slaves during apartheid. And apartheid lasted about 50 years, American slavery on the other hand started before lasted longer and was significantly more brutal than even the worst days of apartheid

I have a suspicion that the only reason you open your mouth is to switch feet.

And apartheid is still alive and well in all Western countries, including America

Just look at any mosque and you will find segregation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:41 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No slaves during apartheid. And apartheid lasted about 50 years, American slavery on the other hand started before lasted longer and was significantly more brutal than even the worst days of apartheid

I have a suspicion that the only reason you open your mouth is to switch feet.

And apartheid is still alive and well in all Western countries, including America

And this shows when someone really never understood aparthied, as smelly claims to do. Being as he sees this from his own warped position.

His nposition  is comparable to claim Israel is under apartheid, which based on his argument above. He would agree with Quill that Israel is an apartheid state. It astounds me how the far rigfht end up using the same dumb arguments that the far left does. As Israel is far removed from being an aparthied state

There is no apartheid law in the west that enables the complete segregation of women and men. If this was the case, then no woman or man would be able to be in company together. Hence the idocy of what smelly is claiming. Only in religious places does segregation be allowed, which he fails to omit also happens in Jewish places of worship and Christian places as well.

When idiots on the far left and right use aparthied as a weapon to argue against past wrongs, fucking up what aparthied actually was. You know both sides have no idea what aprthied was. Being that this was based on racism and not religion

I dont see any signs, that says no men or women allowed in shops, fast food places in the west for example. As it was under apartheid smelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 am

phildidge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

A group of Muslims who are advocating for media silence about the high levels of crime and terrorism carried out by other Muslims...!?

Worthy of consideration...!?

Or just worthy of complete contempt...!!!

I go with them being worthy of only contempt!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:29 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
phildidge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

A group of Muslims who are advocating for media silence about the high levels of crime and terrorism carried out by other Muslims...!?

That's not what they're advocating, though ...

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:44 am

I was going to say the same thing. Where does it say that they’re advocating violence Tommy? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:06 am

Maybe you could give us an example of what you think he means by 'a negative story about Muslims'...?

One that isn't just a factual newsworthy report of serious crime/terrorism etc that just happens to have been carried out by a Muslim...!?

And what about the huge number of terrorist incidents carried out by Muslims,, where the attacker has explicitly declared their Islamist religious motivation by shouting 'Allah akbur' etc, and/or by other means of confirming their Islamist motivation...!?

If this shit wasn't happening... then it wouldn't be getting reported...

But it is happening... so it will be reported as such...!!!

Normally these Muslim groups try to deny the criminals/terrorists are 'proper Muslims'... and that 'they are nothing to do with Islam'... etc...

But that general bullshit attempt of excusing reality, has been tòo widely seen/heard as bullshit these days...

So the MCB twats are now advocating cover up of the truth...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 am

Tommy: Normally these Muslim groups try to deny the criminals/terrorists are 'proper Muslims'... and that 'they are nothing to do with Islam'... etc...

Well, simply put, in a nutshell...

They are not proper Muslims! For fucks sake Tommy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Avoided my question

Hastag...TommyforUndemocraticvalues

They are also not advocating for media silence

Now answer my question

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:54 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Maybe you could give us an example of what you think he means by 'a negative story about Muslims'...?

One that isn't just a factual newsworthy report of serious crime/terrorism etc that just happens to have been carried out by a Muslim...!?

And what about the huge number of terrorist incidents carried out by Muslims,, where the attacker has explicitly declared their Islamist religious motivation by shouting 'Allah akbur' etc, and/or by other means of confirming their Islamist motivation...!?

Normally these Muslim groups try to deny the criminals/terrorists are 'proper Muslims'... and that 'they are nothing to do with Islam'... etc...

But that general bullshit attempt of excusing reality, has been tòo widely seen/heard as bullshit these days...

He says don't downplay stories where Muslims commit crimes, but asks them to not draw a connection between criminals and the religion of Islam in general, which I think is fair. Nobody reports on crimes committed by a Christian and tries to make it out that all Christians are like that.

If it was religiously motivated, report on that -- but again, don't make it out that all Muslims agree with the criminal.

Or as he put it, "You need to ensure that when you write a negative story it is fair and reflective and doesn’t generalise about all Muslims and feed into a broader far-right narrative."

I don't think you're reading properly, but then again, you've seemed to indicate on a few threads recently that you're uninterested in hearing from certain groups about their views.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:10 am

eddie wrote:I was going to say the same thing. Where does it say that they’re advocating violence Tommy? Rolling Eyes

read the qur'an

plenty of violence to be found in there

cue the usual response "while the bible has violent verses too"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

He says don't downplay stories where Muslims commit crimes, but asks them to not draw a connection between criminals and the religion of Islam in general, which I think is fair. Nobody reports on crimes committed by a Christian and tries to make it out that all Christians are like that.

If it was religiously motivated, report on that -- but again, don't make it out that all Muslims agree with the criminal.

Or as he put it, "You need to ensure that when you write a negative story it is fair and reflective and doesn’t generalise about all Muslims and feed into a broader far-right narrative."

I don't think you're reading properly, but then again, you've seemed to indicate on a few threads recently that you're uninterested in hearing from certain groups about their views.

Muslim opinion polls

ICM Poll: 20% of British Muslims sympathize with 7/7 bombers
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

NOP Research: 1 in 4 British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/14/opinion/main1893879.shtml&date=2011-04-06
http://www.webcitation.org/5xkMGAEvY

Channel Four (2006): 31% of younger British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified compared to 14% of those over 45.
http://www.policyexchange.org.uk/images/publications/living%20apart%20together%20-%20jan%2007.pdf

People-Press: 31% of Turks support suicide attacks against Westerners in Iraq.
http://people-press.org/report/206/a-year-after-iraq-war

YNet: One third of Palestinians (32%) supported the slaughter of a Jewish family, including the children:
http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011/04/06/32-of-palestinians-support-infanticide/
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4053251,00.html

World Public Opinion: 83% of Egyptians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Indonesians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on American troops.
68% of Moroccans approve of attacks on American troops.
90% of Palestinians approve of attacks on American troops.
72% of Jordanians approve of attacks on American troops.
52% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (39% oppose)
A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on American troops.
About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

World Public Opinion (2009): 30% of Palestinians support attacks on American civilians working in Muslim countries.  24% support the murder of Americans on U.S. soil.
Only 74% of Turks and 55% of Pakistanis disapprove of terror attacks against civilians on U.S. soil.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

Pew Research (2010): 55% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hezbollah
30% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hezbollah
45% of Nigerian Muslims have a positive view of Hezbollah (26% negative)
43% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hezbollah (30% negative)
http://pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/Muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/

Pew Research (2010): 60% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hamas (34% negative).
49% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hamas (48% negative)
49% of Nigerian Muslims have a positive view of Hamas (25% negative)
39% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hamas (33% negative)
http://pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/Muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/

Pew Research (2010): 15% of Indonesians believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified.
34% of Nigerian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified.

16% of young Muslims in Belgium state terrorism is "acceptable".
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1275/Islam/article/detail/1619036/2013/04/22/Zestien-procent-moslimjongens-vindt-terrorisme-aanvaardbaar.dhtml

Populus Poll (2006): 12% of young Muslims in Britain (and 12% overall) believe that suicide attacks against civilians in Britain can be justified.  1 in 4 support suicide attacks against British troops.
http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/07/more-survey-research-from-a-british-islamist

Pew Research (2007): 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified.
35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall).
42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall).
22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall).
29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall).
https://selectra.co.uk/sites/selectra.co.uk/files/pdf/Muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

Pew Research (2011): 8% of Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified (81% never).
28% of Egyptian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified (38% never).
http://www.people-press.org/2011/08/30/Muslim-americans-no-signs-of-growth-in-alienation-or-support-for-extremism/

Pew Research (2007): Muslim-Americans who identify more strongly with their religion are three times more likely to feel that suicide bombings are justified
https://selectra.co.uk/sites/selectra.co.uk/files/pdf/Muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

27% of British Muslims do not support the deportation of Islamic extremists preaching violence and hate.
http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/07/more-survey-research-from-a-british-islamist.html

Federation of Student Islamic Societies: About 1 in 5 Muslim students in Britain (18%) would not report a fellow Muslim planning a terror attack.
http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/07/more-survey-research-from-a-british-islamist

ICM Poll: 25% of British Muslims disagree that a Muslim has an obligation to report terrorists to police.

Populus Poll (2006): 16% of British Muslims believe suicide attacks against Israelis are justified.
37% believe Jews in Britain are a "legitimate target".

World Public Opinion: Majorities in Egypt (63%) and Libya (61%) supported the 9/11/2012 attacks against American embassies, including Benghazi.
Original Link: http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/brunitedstatescanadara/727.php?nid=&id=&pnt=727 (Removed) (Reference in this link)

Pew Research (2013): At least 1 in 4 Muslims do not reject violence against civilians (study did not distinguish between those who believe it is partially justified and never justified).
http://www.pewforum.org/uploadedFiles/Topics/Religious_Affiliation/Muslim/worlds-Muslims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf

Pew Research (2013): 15% of Muslims in Turkey support suicide bombings (also 11% in Kosovo, 26% in Malaysia and 26% in Bangladesh).
http://www.pewforum.org/uploadedFiles/Topics/Religious_Affiliation/Muslim/worlds-Muslims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf

PCPO (2014): 89% of Palestinians support Hamas and other terrorists firing rockets at Israeli civilians.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/08/poll-89-of-palestinians-support-jihad-terror-attacks-on-israely

Pew Research (2013): Only 57% of Muslims worldwide disapprove of al-Qaeda. Only 51% disapprove of the Taliban.  13% support both groups and 1 in 4 refuse to say.
http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/09/10/Muslim-publics-share-concerns-about-extremist-groups/

BBC Radio (2015): 45% of British Muslims agree that clerics preaching violence against the West represent "mainstream Islam".
http://www.comres.co.uk/polls/bbc-radio-4-today-Muslim-poll/

Palestinian Center for Political Research (2015): 74% of Palestinians support Hamas terror attacks.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/support-for-hamas-skyrockets-following-war-poll-shows/

Pew Research (2014): 47% of Bangladeshi Muslims says suicide bombings and violence are justified to "defend Islam".  1 in 4 believed the same in Tanzania and Egypt.  1 in 5 Muslims in the 'moderate' countries of Turkey and Malaysia.
http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/01/concerns-about-islamic-extremism-on-the-rise-in-middle-east/

The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 19% of Muslim-Americans say that violence is justified in order to make Sharia the law in the United States (66% disagree).
http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/150612-CSP-Polling-Company-Nationwide-Online-Survey-of-Muslims-Topline-Poll-Data.pdf

The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 25% of Muslim-Americans say that violence against Americans in the United States is justified as part of the "global Jihad (64% disagree).
http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/150612-CSP-Polling-Company-Nationwide-Online-Survey-of-Muslims-Topline-Poll-Data.pdf

The Sun (2015: Following Nov. 2015 attacks in Paris, 1 in 4 young Muslims in Britain (and 1 in 5 overall) said they sympathize with those who fight for ISIS.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/6758207/1-in-5-British-Muslims-have-sympathy-for-jihadis-in-poll.html (link removed)

ICM (2016): 2 in 3 Muslims in Britain would not report terror plot to police.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/659913/two-in-three-British-Muslims-would-NOT-give-police-terror-tip-offs
http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/1.713917

East West University (Bangladesh) (2016): 1 in 10 Bangladeshi university students support terrorism.  Of these, more than half (52%) are from well-off families.
http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2016/11/21/study-finds-10-percent-students-in-bangladesh-universities-support-terrorismupport-terrorism" target="_blank"> http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2016/11/21/study-finds-10-percent-students-in-bangladesh-universities-support-terrorism

Policy Exchange (2016): 48% if British Muslims would not report a person "linked to terror."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2308529/half-british-Muslims-would-not-report-is-supporters/

(German) Federal Ministry for Family Affairs (2018) - 8% of Muslim students support the creation of an Islamic State via terrorism.
https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/01/german-study-almost-one-in-three-Muslim-students-would-fight-and-die-for-islam/
https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article172327527/Kriminalitaetsstudie-Islamistische-Tendenzen-im-Klassenzimmer.html

See also: http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_(Terrorism) for further statistics on Islamic terror.

but its defo not all Muslims

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:08 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Weren't they white Americans? Aren't you white? So, they're on your side, eh?

Russe wrote:I have a suspicion that the only reason you open your mouth is to switch feet.

It's not about me, Ruskie. Keep your head in the game.

Russe wrote:And apartheid is still alive and well in all Western countries, including America

And to think, you started it. That must make you so proud.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:43 am

eddie wrote:
Tommy: Normally these Muslim groups try to deny the criminals/terrorists are 'proper Muslims'... and that 'they are nothing to do with Islam'... etc...

https://youtu.be/N46mIHEGHN0
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:45 am

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:00 am

phildidge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Avoided my question

Hastag...TommyforUndemocraticvalues

They are also not advocating for media silence

Now answer my question

Still waiting Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:51 am

eddie wrote:

whats a proper Muslim??

is the proper Muslim the one who follows the teachings of islam the closest or one who every now and then does something islamicy in between doing infidel stuff??

which the is proper Muslim?? the one who drinks alcohol or the one who doesnt?? the one who eats pork or the one who doesnt??

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

everyone is attracted to bad news headlines. i don't know why we are, we just are. i haven't bought a paper in years but if i'm in a shop i tend to just look at the newspaper stand and scan each headline.

you aren't going to get stories like

black man seen tipping a waiter in Luigi's restaurant
black man treats his wife to a night out at the pictures
black man spotted giving up his seat on the train for an old lady

witness say they are shocked

Rolling Eyes

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 pm

i knew a bloke years ago who got stabbed in the neck at a local takeaway and died. (he was black)

this particular guy i had met only about 4-5 times in my life at various get togethers but he had such a beautiful soul. he was one of those people who had the ability to just make you feel special. everyone loved him. he adored his wife and kids, worked hard as a carpenter and was godfather to numerous other kids

so one night he went out and a fight kicked off at the takeaway. Blue stepped in to try to keep the peace cos that was what he was like and ended up getting stabbed and killed. The perp was eventually caught out in Amsterdam i think and brought back to get 18 years

thing is at the time the media had Blue down as just another low down, scumbag blackie who had died in a fight but it wasn't like that at all and it took quite some time for them to get the story right. No apologies just corrections that kinda come too late cos people already have the first version stuck in their minds

the meda can be right geraniums at times

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next