NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRAGEDY strikes as blazing inferno DESTROYS 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam bourbon

4 posters

Go down

TRAGEDY strikes as blazing inferno DESTROYS 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam bourbon Empty TRAGEDY strikes as blazing inferno DESTROYS 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam bourbon

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:33 pm

Two barrel houses at a Jim Beam aging facility in Kentucky went up in flames late Tuesday, destroying thousands of barrels of bourbon.

NBC affiliate WLEX in Lexington reports the fire began in one rickhouse and quickly spread to a nearby structure.

Crews were able to put out the fire in one of the structures, but the other rickhouse continued burning Wednesday morning. No injuries have been reported.

The company said in a statement to WLEX that 45,000 barrels of "relatively young" whiskey was lost in the blaze.

Officials say the blaze may have been sparked by lightning, but an official cause has not been determined.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/Fire-at-Jim-Beam-Aging-Facility-Destroys-45000-Barrels-of-Bourbon-512168971.html?fbclid=IwAR13nI7FwPGCZo9z9aTVnkPzkTZkpSTUPFuXn8p-HugsAQ7lpwT6Kp4XUx8

Lightning strikes are weather, and weather is caused by global warming, so I blame every climate change denier for this senseless, tragic loss. And I plan to moderate accordingly.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

TRAGEDY strikes as blazing inferno DESTROYS 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam bourbon Empty Re: TRAGEDY strikes as blazing inferno DESTROYS 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam bourbon

Post by eddie Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:43 pm

“TRAGEDY strikes”?

Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

TRAGEDY strikes as blazing inferno DESTROYS 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam bourbon Empty Re: TRAGEDY strikes as blazing inferno DESTROYS 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam bourbon

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:49 pm

eddie wrote:“TRAGEDY strikes”?

Rolling Eyes

Are you kidding me? What if this makes prices go up???????????????
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:50 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Then I sell the kids, innit? Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:58 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Then I sell the kids, innit? Cool

Jesus, why didn't we think of that before? And why don't we sell them anyway?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:46 am

TRAGEDY strikes as blazing inferno DESTROYS 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam bourbon 2097912929

"Lightning strikes" ???

More likely it was a mob of Jack Daniels workers on their way home from the company picnic..

TRAGEDY strikes as blazing inferno DESTROYS 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam bourbon 1366281442
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:39 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Um...the better stuff in just north of you. Try Spey River whiskeys, or better...the salt water whiskeys.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down