NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We don't know why he did it, his friends aren't talking... maybe he was slipped something': Grief stricken parents of Burning Man fire victim speak out about their son, 41, who died after running into blazing effigy

+6
eddie
Syl
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
nicko
HoratioTarr
10 posters

Go down

We don't know why he did it, his friends aren't talking... maybe he was slipped something': Grief stricken parents of Burning Man fire victim speak out about their son, 41, who died after running into blazing effigy Empty We don't know why he did it, his friends aren't talking... maybe he was slipped something': Grief stricken parents of Burning Man fire victim speak out about their son, 41, who died after running into blazing effigy

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:58 am

The grief stricken parents of the man died at this year's Burning Man after running into a blazing effigy are speaking out about the horrific incident.
Aaron Joel Mitchell, 41, was rescued from the flames of the festival's signature burning of a towering effigy Saturday but died after being airlifted to a hospital.
Pershing County Sheriff Jerry Allen said the man ran through a human-chain of security officers at about 10.30pm Saturday during the burning of The Man event at the counter-culture festival.
The sheriff said he was rescued by firefighters and later died at the UC Davis hospital burn center in California.
His parents, who live in Oklahoma, described their son as a nature-loving athlete who cared about his health and was adventurous.
His father, Don Mitchell, said it was his son's first time attending the festival and that they have not been told exactly what happened.
'We really don't know what happened. His friends aren't talking,' he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal Sunday night.

Pershing County Sheriff said in a statement Sunday night that rescuers had to leave Aaron because a section of the effigy was falling.
The statement read: 'Rescuers had to leave him to allow the structure to fall and provide for rescuer safety before they could go back into the flames to extract Aaron from the debris.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4851604/Heartbroken-parents-Burning-Man-fire-victim-speak-out.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

We don't know why he did it, his friends aren't talking... maybe he was slipped something': Grief stricken parents of Burning Man fire victim speak out about their son, 41, who died after running into blazing effigy Empty Re: We don't know why he did it, his friends aren't talking... maybe he was slipped something': Grief stricken parents of Burning Man fire victim speak out about their son, 41, who died after running into blazing effigy

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:03 am

He had to be on drugs to do that. Something like Ketamine or LSD or those mad designer synthetics that make you go completely screwy.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

We don't know why he did it, his friends aren't talking... maybe he was slipped something': Grief stricken parents of Burning Man fire victim speak out about their son, 41, who died after running into blazing effigy Empty Re: We don't know why he did it, his friends aren't talking... maybe he was slipped something': Grief stricken parents of Burning Man fire victim speak out about their son, 41, who died after running into blazing effigy

Post by nicko Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:08 am

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Haha...they are all on drugs at Burning Man.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:00 pm

That's horrible - reminds me of The Wicker Man.

Poor chap, and his poor parents.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:12 pm

The pictures are really disturbing.  Crying or Very sad
Its a horrible way to die, so sad for him and his family that he ended up like this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Yeah, definitely drugs. What a way to die. Jeez.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:02 pm

St Darwin at work
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:05 pm

I read a little article about this couple days ago... and I find it impossible to believe that anyone could have still been alive after being inside that fire for any more than 30-40 seconds or so...

Maybe he thought he'd be able to run quick enough through it and out the other side, and be ok...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Why though, why throw himself into a fire, an extremely painful way to die.

I can't see drugs would make him want to do this tbh. Maybe he had a death wish or had mental health issues.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Thrill seekers do all sorts of crazy shit...

Maybe he thought that if he ran through it fast enough, then he would pop out the other side unscathed... bit like putting a finger quickly through a flame...?

And this could make him famous... and subsequently rich...?

Who knows...?

Time will tell...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:55 pm

magica wrote:Why though, why throw himself into a fire, an extremely painful way to die.

I can't see drugs would make him want to do this tbh. Maybe he had a death wish or had mental health issues.

People do things like when high. Depends on the drug. Remember that guy who ate the other guy's face when he was high on Angel Dust?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:That's horrible - reminds me of The Wicker Man.

I find this kind of event slightly disturbing. Like it's got a dark heart and things could (and do) go horribly wrong. Burning effigies always disturbs me...I don't like bonfire night where they burn a Guy Fawkes effigy. It smacks of sacrifices and witch burning.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:29 pm

There is definitely something collectively spiritual and primeval felt among people at large (music or other) festivals/events etc...

Can lead to strange happenings...

I was at Reading music festival once, where I experienced some unexplainable crowd based weird and wonderful spiritual strangeness...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:50 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
magica wrote:Why though, why throw himself into a fire, an extremely painful way to die.

People do things like when high.  Depends on the drug.   Remember that guy who ate the other guy's face when he was high on Angel Dust?

Yes I remember that. It's a horrible thing to take if it makes people act completely insane.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:07 pm

magica wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

People do things like when high.  Depends on the drug.   Remember that guy who ate the other guy's face when he was high on Angel Dust?

Yes I remember that. It's a horrible thing to take if it makes people act completely insane.

I honestly don't believe he wanted to die. I don't think it was a suicide attempt. I think he was off his tits and thought he could run into the flames and out again. But he clearly tripped and fell, and that was that. The heat must have been indescribable.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:There is definitely something collectively spiritual and primeval felt among people at large (music or other) festivals/events etc...

I was at Reading music festival once, where I experienced some unexplainable crowd based weird and wonderful spiritual strangeness...

Do elaborate
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:There is definitely something collectively spiritual and primeval felt among people at large (music or other) festivals/events etc...

Yes the buzz of the crowd can really make your hairs stand on end! The vibe is amazing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:23 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:That's horrible - reminds me of The Wicker Man.

I find this kind of event slightly disturbing.   Like it's got a dark heart and things could (and do) go horribly wrong.  Burning effigies always disturbs me...I don't like bonfire night where they burn a Guy Fawkes effigy.   It smacks of sacrifices and witch burning.  

Yes, I agree - it's all a bit icky.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:07 am

Original Quill wrote:Haha...they are all on drugs at Burning Man.

We don't know why he did it, his friends aren't talking... maybe he was slipped something': Grief stricken parents of Burning Man fire victim speak out about their son, 41, who died after running into blazing effigy 1942856362

I always thought that drugs were the main reason for people to go to any "Burning Man" type festivals ?!?

I reckon that man's parents are quite self-delusional and in denial, if they want to believe their son was some cleanskin who needed someone else to "slip him something"..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:12 am

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
There is definitely something collectively spiritual and primeval felt among people at large (music or other) festivals/events etc...

Yes the buzz of the crowd can really make your hairs stand on end! The vibe is amazing.

cyclops

Slipping a little LSD, speed or Peyote into their stash wouldn't go astray, either  !!!
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Do elaborate

Was in the crowd... System of a Down came on... I had never heard them before but they were really good, I was really loving the sounds... I'm sure you can imagine the feeling of being in a closely packed crowd, all tight knit, bodies all around you and crammed in together etc, and quite hot... I'm getting in to the music, closed my eyes while sort of looking upwards, arms up in the air, having a sort of euphoric rush... then after what could have been a few seconds or even minutes... I start to realise that I feel a bit distant from the rest of the crowd, I felt a bit colder and felt no other bodies bouncing around me...

As I open my eyes and start to look around... I find that I'm in a big empty circle that has opened up around me, with me in the centre of it with my arms in the air, and just 4-5 other bods running about around me and bouncing around off each other and off the wall of people on edge of circle, like pinballs... but all completely avoiding me...!

This happened another 2-3 times... with different people around me, as I had moved to different positions in crowd after each time it happened...!!!

Mental eh...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Do elaborate

Was in the crowd... System of a Down came on... I had never heard them before but they were really good, I was really loving the sounds... I'm sure you can imagine the feeling of being in a closely packed crowd, all tight knit, bodies all around you and crammed in together etc, and quite hot... I'm getting in to the music, closed my eyes while sort of looking upwards, arms up in the air, having a sort of euphoric rush... then after what could have been a few seconds or even minutes... I start to realise that I feel a bit distant from the rest of the crowd, I felt a bit colder and felt no other bodies bouncing around me...

As I open my eyes and start to look around... I find that I'm in a big empty circle that has opened up around me, with me in the centre of it with my arms in the air, and just 4-5 other bods running about around me and bouncing around off each other and off the wall of people on edge of circle, like pinballs... but all completely avoiding me...!

This happened another 2-3 times... with different people around me, as I had moved to different positions in crowd after each time it happened...!!!

Mental eh...!?

I had an ex who could do that. He'd let one off and clear the dance floor, the dirty bastard!!!! tongue
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:43 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Mental eh...!?

I had an ex who could do that.   He'd let one off and clear the dance floor, the dirty bastard!!!! tongue

Trust you to spoil the mood. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Yes... that should have been posted on the 'sonic blast' thread...!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:07 pm

I thought it was hilarious. Fart-jokes always crack me up.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Well you are male...its a given.  Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:14 pm

Syl wrote:Well you are male...its a given.  Rolling Eyes

I know, right? Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:I thought it was hilarious.  Fart-jokes always crack me up.

It was no joke! He was master of the silent but deadly, and you'd see people drift away in a perfect 10 foot radius circle.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm

As I am often in a car with husband, son and two grandsons....who all have that inbuild male gene that finds fart jokes, and even farts hilarious....I tend to have a deep seated dread of them, with good reason. pale
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down