NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer robots will outsmart humans within 15 years, Google director claims (and a giant laboratory for artificial intelligence is already planned)

5 posters

Go down

Computer robots will outsmart humans within 15 years, Google director claims (and a giant laboratory for artificial intelligence is already planned) Empty Computer robots will outsmart humans within 15 years, Google director claims (and a giant laboratory for artificial intelligence is already planned)

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:31 pm

•Ray Kurzweil, Google's new director of engineering, has predicted the date when machines will eventually outsmart humans
•In 2029 robots will be able to flirt, crack jokes and tell stories as well as holding a conversation and learning from experience, Kurzweil says
•Kurzweil has previously predicted the rise of the internet and that a chess champion would be beaten by a computer
•Google has recently acquired several large AI and robotics firms

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2565948/Computer-robots-outsmart-humans-15-years-Google-director-claims-giant-laboratory-artificial-intelligence-planned.html

Computer robots will outsmart humans within 15 years, Google director claims (and a giant laboratory for artificial intelligence is already planned) Nnnnn10

Back to top Go down

Computer robots will outsmart humans within 15 years, Google director claims (and a giant laboratory for artificial intelligence is already planned) Empty Re: Computer robots will outsmart humans within 15 years, Google director claims (and a giant laboratory for artificial intelligence is already planned)

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:29 pm

OK, I want to meld my mind with one of these robot brains ... hope that's in the works too!

Either way, I can't wait to be turned down for a date by a flirty robot ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Computer robots will outsmart humans within 15 years, Google director claims (and a giant laboratory for artificial intelligence is already planned) Empty Re: Computer robots will outsmart humans within 15 years, Google director claims (and a giant laboratory for artificial intelligence is already planned)

Post by DrSchool Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:07 am

I love Ray Kurzweil's books. I highly recommend "How to create a mind".

I guess Blade Runner, Caprica, BSG (and every other book by Isaac Asimov) etc.. are not so far fetched after all.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 am

I still think/hope we can upload ourselves first.

and is it out smart the average human or the top humans? there is a very big difference in computing power between different humans
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:49 am

Veya- I'm sure you've heard of Dmitry Itskov, that is what he is working on (uploading consciousness) and he is putting millions into it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJjGxZs4l8
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:11 am

d id anyone see the film "I robot"? first time I watched it I didn't think much of it.i watched it for the second time and really got into it.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:25 am

Hey nicko, the movie "I robot" was based off of ideas and plots from Isaac Asimov's books (my favorite sci-fi author). If you enjoyed the movie then you should check out Asimov's I,Robot books (keep in mind they were published in the 50's).
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:55 pm

DrSchool wrote:Veya- I'm sure you've heard of Dmitry Itskov, that is what he is working on (uploading consciousness) and he is putting millions into it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJjGxZs4l8

Yep I think he is awesome, it is almost the exact idea I have been talking about for years. I am so glad someone with money agreed  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by DrSchool Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:53 am

Beekeeper - All of those guys are great writers. I was reading all of them in the 80's and early 90's. I'm a huge fan of Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down