NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myself and Ben appoint Eddie...

4 posters

Go down

Myself and Ben appoint Eddie... Empty Myself and Ben appoint Eddie...

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:41 pm

As Deuputy speaker as third place finalist , due to Edmund bowing out, will you accept this position Eddie?

You need not be savvy on political matters, Eilzel has some of that, keeping order is just as important and I'm sure your more than able for that!, it would probably benefit this house to have a female speaker as well as a male.

Do you accept this offer Eddie?

Regards, JD

Back to top Go down

Myself and Ben appoint Eddie... Empty Re: Myself and Ben appoint Eddie...

Post by Eilzel Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:42 pm

I hope so Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Eilzel wrote:I hope so Smile
 ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:45 pm

Joy Division wrote:As Deuputy speaker as third place finalist , due to Edmund bowing out, will you accept this position Eddie?

You need not be savvy on political matters, Eilzel has some of that, keeping order is just as important and I'm sure your more than able for that!, it would probably benefit this house to have a female speaker as well as a male.

Regards, JD

Hi Joy

Am all for Eddie taking the role as think she is fab, but out of respect and to allow others to post to me Lord to see if this may change his mind, please allow 24 hours before anything is decided?
I think as I have done myself will post and try to convince him to take the role as others may wish to do have the opportunity themselves, even if at the end Me Lord still wants to bow out at least it allows people a chance to prove to Me Lord people have faith in him?
So if others share my view then let Me lord know, as it does not hurt to try

Anyway just a suggestion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:51 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Joy Division wrote:As Deuputy speaker as third place finalist , due to Edmund bowing out, will you accept this position Eddie?

Regards, JD

Hi Joy

Am all for Eddie taking the role as think she is fab, but out of respect and to allow others to post to me Lord to see if this may change his mind, please allow 24 hours before anything is decided?
I think as I have done myself will post and try to convince him to take the role as others may wish to do have the opportunity themselves, even if at the end Me Lord still wants to bow out at least it allows people a chance to prove to Me Lord people have faith in him?
So if others share my view then let Me lord know, as it does not hurt to try

Anyway just a suggestion

It's a good suggestion Didge, and if it were one I thought Edmund would change his mind about I would say yes for sure, but I detect from his words that Edmund is sure of his decision, another reason I say this is that Edmund once turned down a mod vacancy on ES.

While I hear what you are saying, and that it is most certainly a good suggestion, I do not think it will change the mind of this particular candidate in Edmund.

Should Eddie also turn down the vacancy , a poll for the next few candidates tied on 4 votes (that includes yourself ) shall poll for the Deputy position.

But thank you Didge Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:53 pm

why would anyone want to be second in command to a kangaroo court...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Now worries Joy and respect your view, as I say part of me hoped I could attempt to change Me Lord's mind and understand his mind is no doubt well made up, even more so due to recent events to take time out, and respect that, but it shows to me he will be sorely missed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:59 pm

heavenly father wrote:why would anyone want to be second in command to a kangaroo court...

There will be no Kangaroo courts Favva, to ensure the Speaker's position is not abused, there will be a system where a minimum of four complaints with EVIDENCE that the Speaker(s) are doing just that...

They have to be honest, listen to all sides fairly, keep order and not allow lies to discredit another party...

I don't always agree with Eilzel but I have every faith in him doing a good job, and he is the sort I can honestly say would listen to all political views and arguments.

While the system is there in setting down honesty, unbias etc, it can not be abused by anyone else either, and this is why we will have a minimum of a four complaints system with EVIDENCE to back up those claims.

Regards, JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:01 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Now worries Joy and respect your view, as I say part of me hoped I could attempt to change Me Lord's mind and understand his mind is no doubt well made up, even more so due to recent events to take time out, and respect that, but it shows to me he will be sorely missed  

Thanks for your understanding Didge, if you think you can change Edmund' s mind be my guest!

But preferably before proceedings for another Deputy develop further!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Joy Division wrote:
heavenly father wrote:why would anyone want to be second in command to a kangaroo court...

There will be no Kangaroo courts Favva, to ensure the Speaker's position is not abused, there will be a system where a minimum of four  complaints with EVIDENCE that the Speaker(s) are doing just that...

They have to be honest, listen to all sides fairly, keep order and not allow lies to discredit another party...

I don't always agree with Eilzel but I have every faith in him doing a good job, and he is the sort I can honestly say would listen to all political views and arguments.

While the system is there in setting down honesty, unbias etc, it can not be abused by anyone else either, and this is why we will have a minimum of a four complaints system with EVIDENCE to back up those claims.

Regards, JD

lol, like that would ever happen, i thought you was ok JD not sure what changed.. Shocked Question 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:10 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

There will be no Kangaroo courts Favva, to ensure the Speaker's position is not abused, there will be a system where a minimum of four  complaints with EVIDENCE that the Speaker(s) are doing just that...

Regards, JD

lol, like that would ever happen, i thought you was ok JD not sure what changed.. Shocked Question 

I am 'ok' Favva! Laughing 

Sometimes we have to put past personal differences behind us Favva, still have a few 'auld enemies' on here so to speak!, but I would not rig a vote or not let my 'auld enemies' not have the chance of being polled just because I had some political or even silly run-ins with them Favva!

I thought God encourages love and peace?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Joy Division wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Sometimes we have to put past personal differences behind us Favva,  still have a few 'auld enemies' on here so to speak!, but I would not rig a vote or not let my 'auld enemies' not have the chance of being polled just because I had some political or even silly run-ins with them Favva!

Yes God does but he still expects you to stand up for the truth... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:12 pm

why do we need a forum speaker , it own't make any difference it will just be biased opinions . Stupid idea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Maine coon lover wrote:why do we need a forum speaker , it own't make any difference it will just be biased opinions . Stupid idea

I guess if someone else is given responsibility to ban or limit a poster it is a way of keeping the blame from admin and thus making the decision seem less arbitrary... Smile 

but it depends what authority the speaker would have.. Smile 

i suppose the witnesses against is a good idea yet it doesn't stop multi id's ganging up, in fact it hands them greater power.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:21 pm

never mind if it doesn't bother me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:46 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Sometimes we have to put past personal differences behind us Favva,  still have a few 'auld enemies' on here so to speak!, but I would not rig a vote or not let my 'auld enemies' not have the chance of being polled just because I had some political or even silly run-ins with them Favva!

Yes  God does but he still expects you to stand up for the truth... Smile 

I'm sorry you think that Favva, but where have I been untruthful on this subject?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:17 pm

No thanks JD. I would like to offer it to someone else.
Thanks very much but no thanks, I know you said knowledge of politics wasn't necessary, I don't post enough on that section to be able to judge it fairly etc.

Over to someone else  Smile 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:22 pm

The way I envision these speakers -- and Joy can correct me if I'm wrong -- but basically they get voted in and they get the titles, and their authority comes from having been voted by their peers level-headed enough to jump into arguments that are getting heated and do their best to settling things down, get threads back on track, etc.

We're not talking about appointing two new moderators, in other words.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:The way I envision these speakers -- and Joy can correct me if I'm wrong -- but basically they get voted in and they get the titles, and their authority comes from having been voted by their peers level-headed enough to jump into arguments that are getting heated and do their best to settling things down, get threads back on track, etc.

Exactly so you need someone unbiased who can wade through the political mud slinging

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:25 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:The way I envision these speakers -- and Joy can correct me if I'm wrong -- but basically they get voted in and they get the titles, and their authority comes from having been voted by their peers level-headed enough to jump into arguments that are getting heated and do their best to settling things down, get threads back on track, etc.

Exactly so you need someone unbiased who can wade through the political mud slinging  

If by unbiased you mean fair-minded, I would agree.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

I'd say that'd be Didge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

ONCE again we see "h_f" proving himself to be the #1 idiot troll on here this week...

Obviously couldn't even be bothered to actually follow the proceedings..

i'm afraid that will always be your position on the forum.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:29 pm

NemsAgain wrote:

That's why I declined Ben, I don't read politics threads often enough, and nor would I want to!
You need people who post in there often IMO
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Tess. wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I'd say that'd be Didge.

Me too - he has been trying to calm things anyway.
At least the vote and the multiple polls were amusing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

ONCE again we see "h_f" proving himself to be the #1 idiot troll on here this week...

Obviously couldn't even be bothered to actually follow the proceedings..

sticking to what people believe is not being a troll , it means those who call them a troll just cannot get their point across and are upset that they can't  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:56 pm

...a sound and accurate description Ben, although not everyone in the entire poll fitted the job description !, but a mixture had to be done for fairness and in case of complaints.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:57 pm

eddie wrote:No thanks JD. I would like to offer it to someone else.
Thanks very much but no thanks, I know you said knowledge of politics wasn't necessary, I don't post enough on that section to be able to judge it fairly etc.

Over to someone else  Smile 

Most gracious indeed Eds.Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down