NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’

+2
Ben Reilly
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’ Empty Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’

Post by eddie Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15 pm

New law, denounced as ‘anti-Semitism’ by Jewish leaders, comes after country controversially slaughtered a giraffe in public and fed him to lions

Denmark’s government has brought in a ban on the religious slaughter of animals for the production of halal and kosher meat, after years of campaigning from welfare activists.

The change to the law, announced last week and effective as of yesterday, has been called “anti-Semitism” by Jewish leaders and “a clear interference in religious freedom” by the non-profit group Danish Halal.

European regulations require animals to be stunned before they are slaughtered, but grants exemptions on religious grounds. For meat to be considered kosher under Jewish law or halal under Islamic law, the animal must be conscious when killed.

Yet defending his government’s decision to remove this exemption, the minister for agriculture and food Dan Jørgensen told Denmark’s TV2 that “animal rights come before religion”.

Commenting on the change, Israel’s deputy minister of religious services Rabbi Eli Ben Dahan told the Jewish Daily Forward: “European anti-Semitism is showing its true colours across Europe, and is even intensifying in the government institutions.”

Al Jazeera quoted the monitoring group Danish Halal, which launched a petition against the ban, as saying it was “a clear interference in religious freedom limiting the rights of Muslims and Jews to practice their religion in Denmark”.

The ban has divided opinions in the country, particularly after it recently made headlines for animal welfare policy after Copenhagen Zoo slaughtered the “surplus” young male giraffe Marius.

On Twitter, David Krikler (@davekriks) wrote: “In Denmark butchering a healthy giraffe in front of kids is cool but a kosher/halal chicken is illegal.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/denmark-bans-halal-and-kosher-slaughter-as-minister-says-animal-rights-come-before-religion-9135580.html?fbclid=IwAR3v7aqZy5L8CamRkQX2rVb6hwZh21N_DZyzKN12uQ1jtrFxyoDrpkmDuHo
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’ Empty Re: Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Such bullshit. If cruelty to animals is part of your religion, maybe you need a better religion?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’ Empty Re: Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’

Post by eddie Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:26 pm

I don’t understand why people think any way of killing an animal is better than another way. It’s still killing. The animal is still dead when it didn’t want to be.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 pm

it's time our gov stood up to the halal industry. The claim is they make almost everything halal now because of economies of scale, but it is only 5% of the country that requires halal, why are the other 95% being forced to buy it. If people want their animals slaughtered specially then they should pay the premium to do so.
We have never had kosher meat forced on the country at large. we should not have halal.
I dont go around to my local butchers here and demand that meat is killed by stunning first. this is less to do with economy and more to do with domination. The same as when you see roads being blocked by people praying. I have never once seen that happen here in turkey. I have never once seen someone stop traffic because it is prayer time. It is a total dominance issue by islamists
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:34 pm

eddie wrote:I don’t understand why people think any way of killing an animal is better than another way. It’s still killing. The animal is still dead when it didn’t want to be.
it might be suggested that animals dont understand death. sheep and cattle are rather stupid animals
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 pm

eddie wrote:I don’t understand why people think any way of killing an animal is better than another way. It’s still killing. The animal is still dead when it didn’t want to be.

If you're going to kill an animal, best to make it quick and as painless as possible. Nobody would support a vet who euthanized pets by beating them to death, after all.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:41 pm

They’re still dead when they didn’t want to be and I have no idea what an animal feels when it’s killed by an injection that shuts down their bodies.

I don’t particularly care because I don’t call myself an animal lover.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

If you're going to kill an animal, best to make it quick and as painless as possible. Nobody would support a vet who euthanized pets by beating them to death, after all.
having watched my dinner being killed I can say it is pretty quick if done properly.
mind you it was a small time farmer doing it rather than an abattoir so he probably cared more the sheep than others might.

less than 30 minutes from walking in to being cut up and in plastic bags.  Not as gruesome as I was expecting either.

however what is right for an Islamic country is not necessarily right for the UK.

also most of the sheep was given to the local poor
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Well, it depends on how you would prefer to die, quickly and painlessly, or being terrified and subject to distress and pain?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 pm

Vintage wrote:

Well, it depends on how you would prefer to die, quickly and painlessly, or being terrified and subject to distress and pain?

Who really knows if they ever die painlessly? We assume they do but I’m guessing no one really knows, right?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:41 pm

If we don't know we shouldn't do it at all.

What would you prefer, a qualified executioner who measures and weighs you and gets it right that when you drop, your neck breaks and its over, or his assistant who sometimes gets it wrong and you literally hang by the neck until you are dead ie you strangle to death slowly, sometimes 10, 15 20 mins, half an hour has been known, while you flail your legs about hoping to get a non existent foothold to relieve the pressure on your throat.

The end result may be the same eventually, everything dies at some time but the process of getting there is the important bit, surely.
If only the end result matters why have end of life care, hospices etc.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:04 am

Well, we could let them all live and die of natural causes. You’re asking me which is the best way to be murdered and the answer is: none.

They don’t want to die...do they?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Such bullshit. If cruelty to animals is part of your religion, maybe you need a better religion?

They also require human circumcision. Tell me...what is it that surprises you? Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:02 am

Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’ 2089010162

Jews and Muslims joining forces to lobby together against those wicked loony-left-leaning animal rights guvm'nt interferers...

"..strange days indeed --  most peculiar, mama."
John Lennon
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down