NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Gove's statement.

5 posters

Go down

Michael Gove's statement. Empty Michael Gove's statement.

Post by Andy Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Interestingly, he has posted a video.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Michael Gove's statement. Empty Re: Michael Gove's statement.

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Very droll.

On a more serious note, it would be interesting to learn just how many politicians of all parties could honestly claim that they had not taken hard drugs at some stage in their lives, particularly while at university or at one or more of the convivial parties and conferences that they get invitations to.

Gove's competitors for May's job are clearly briefing against him for all they are worth, and Labour politicians and supporters can be counted on to exploit the confession to the maximum in order to divert attention from their own failings, but personally I am totally underwhelmed by the story.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:43 pm

Fred, nearly  ALL of the have done drugs.
And there appears to be a growing campaign amongst his opponents to undermine Boris. He is getting the kitchen sink hurled at him.
Deservedly.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:48 am

Andy wrote:Fred, nearly  ALL of the have done drugs.
And there appears to be a growing campaign amongst his opponents to undermine Boris. He is getting the kitchen sink hurled at him.
Deservedly.

That, of course, is a statement of the bleedin' obvious: Rank and file Tory MPs have the job of whittling the list down to two for presentation to the entire party membership and, naturally, supporters of one candidate will try to undermine the others.

Exactly the same happens at all levels of suffrage including, it has to be said, the Labour Party leadership contest which resulted in some of Corbyn's dissenters being subjected to intimidation, online death and rape threats, harassment and even in one case, to actual violence.

It's pretty reasonable, I suggest, that a contender for the greatest of the four great offices of state should face the most intense scrutiny, and if he or she isn't up to defending themself effectively and honestly then why should the rest of us be content that the defence and protection of our country and its citizens rest in those same hands?

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:59 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Very droll.

On a more serious note, it would be interesting to learn just how many politicians of all parties could honestly claim that they had not taken hard drugs at some stage in their lives, particularly while at university or at one or more of the convivial parties and conferences that they get invitations to.

Gove's competitors for May's job are clearly briefing against him for all they are worth, and Labour politicians and  supporters can be counted on to exploit the confession to the maximum in order to divert attention from their own failings, but personally I am totally underwhelmed by the story.

Good point Fred, but remember that it's the tories who have form for the worst HYPOCRISY, that's the difference. 

It was Gove himself who introduced a life ban for any teachers who took cocaine - oh the irony!! 

I can give you more examples of extreme hypocrisy & pretence, you've only got to ask.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Gove's competitors for May's job are clearly briefing against him for all they are worth, and Labour politicians and  supporters can be counted on to exploit the confession to the maximum in order to divert attention from their own failings, but personally I am totally underwhelmed by the story.

should politicians be sacked for

A: being on drugs in the their youth
B: being on drugs now
C: being on dianne abbott ever
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Jules wrote:

Good point Fred, but remember that it's the tories who have form for the worst HYPOCRISY, that's the difference. 

It was Gove himself who introduced a life ban for any teachers who took cocaine - oh the irony!! 

I can give you more examples of extreme hypocrisy & pretence, you've only got to ask.
24 hours to save the NHS, and then selling off 5% of the NHS smacks of rather bigger hypocrisy to me.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Mr Spam man returns. And still thinks the Tories are a United party who care for the poor.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:38 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:

I think some leniency should be shown if they answer A. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Andy wrote:Mr Spam man returns. And still thinks the Tories are a United party who care for the poor.
at least they and there supporters aren't antisemites. How many jews have you turned in today
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Syl wrote:

and what about keith vaz?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Andy wrote:Mr Spam man returns. And still thinks the Tories are a United party who care for the poor.
I suppose your definition of spam is A: anything you do not agree with or B: cannot understand.

I expect B is more likely
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Syl wrote:

and what about keith vaz?

Do you want to extend the questions and add a D?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Jules wrote:

You don't have to, Jules - I rate the vast majority of politicians of all parties as hypocrites and liars...and I speak as someone who has come into contract with and actually known far more of them than most folk.

I well remember Blair's jubilant exhortation on taking office: "Education. Education. Education." Yet by the time of his departure from No 10, the UK had sunk from near the top to worse than half way down the OECD's global league table of rankings in achievement in key subjects such as English, maths and science.

And then there was the notorious "philanthropist" Cap'n Bob Maxwell whose greatest achievement was to steal his workers' pension funds.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Michael Gove's statement. D8zym_bWwAAnShU-1
the source of the poll is comres.
a quick look at the runners and riders and how their leadership would effect the next election.

I can see why so many on the left would love rory stewart not his real name, it's Roderick James Nugent Stewart to become leader. He would bury the tories.

interestingly all options other than boris would require a lib/lab/snp coalition to secure number 10 for comrade cob and his antisemite supporters.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:14 am

Politics has changed. The landslide wins of previous eras are unlikely now. New parties are muscling in on the old mainstream ones and chipping away at their power. 

The first-past-the-post winners in a GE will continue to need other parties to prop them up and give them a strong enough mandate to pass new laws.  That's my prediction.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:41 am

Is Boris his proper name?

No .
Alexander Boris Dr Pfeffel Johnson.

Who the fuck apart from an aristocratic snob would give a kid those names?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:36 am

Andy wrote:Is Boris his proper name?

No .
Alexander Boris Dr Pfeffel Johnson.

Who the fuck apart from an aristocratic snob would give a kid those names?

Someone with an ancestral family name who wishes it to continue through the generations, perhaps? Such as Anthony Charles Lynton Blair?

I have one; does that make my parents "aristocratic snobs" too?

And, by the way, it is de Pfeffel Johnson, not Dr Pfeffel Johnson.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:45 pm

That is auto correct for you.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down