NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why we still have gay pride events

+6
Original Quill
Vintage
Syl
Raggamuffin
eddie
Ben Reilly
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why we still have gay pride events Empty Why we still have gay pride events

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Why we still have gay pride events _107288984_8fbb3058-a801-4631-bcdb-47fe49f525ed

Two women who were left covered in blood following a homophobic attack on a bus have said they will not be cowed into hiding their sexuality.

Melania Geymonat, 28, and Chris, 29, say they were attacked by several males on the top deck of a London night bus in the early hours of 30 May after they refused to kiss one other.

Both women were treated in hospital for facial injuries.

Four male teenagers aged between 15 and 18 have been arrested.

Asked whether the attack left her less willing to show affection in public, Chris, who lives in north London but is originally from the US, said: "I am not scared about being visibly queer.

"If anything, you should do it more."

Ms Geymonat, who is a doctor but currently works for Ryanair as a stewardess, said she agreed.

Chris said: "I was and still am angry. It was scary, but this is not a novel situation."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48563393

Until people can feel safe that being gay in public won't leave them covered in blood and bruises, we should have a gay pride parade every single day, whether anybody feels like it's being shoved down their throats or not.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Why we still have gay pride events Empty Re: Why we still have gay pride events

Post by eddie Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Utterly disgusting. No other words.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:37 pm

It says they were attacked because they refused to kiss each other. That seems to contradict what's being said.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It says they were attacked because they refused to kiss each other. That seems to contradict what's being said.

How does that contradict?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It says they were attacked because they refused to kiss each other. That seems to contradict what's being said.

A gang of teenagers sees a lesbian couple and thinks they can force them to kiss, then beats them up because they refuse to. Is that not homophobic?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:42 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Why we still have gay pride events _107288984_8fbb3058-a801-4631-bcdb-47fe49f525ed

Two women who were left covered in blood following a homophobic attack on a bus have said they will not be cowed into hiding their sexuality.

Melania Geymonat, 28, and Chris, 29, say they were attacked by several males on the top deck of a London night bus in the early hours of 30 May after they refused to kiss one other.

Both women were treated in hospital for facial injuries.

Four male teenagers aged between 15 and 18 have been arrested.

Asked whether the attack left her less willing to show affection in public, Chris, who lives in north London but is originally from the US, said: "I am not scared about being visibly queer.

"If anything, you should do it more."

Ms Geymonat, who is a doctor but currently works for Ryanair as a stewardess, said she agreed.

Chris said: "I was and still am angry. It was scary, but this is not a novel situation."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48563393

Until people can feel safe that being gay in public won't leave them covered in blood and bruises, we should have a gay pride parade every single day, whether anybody feels like it's being shoved down their throats or not.

I should think that most people can't spare the time to have a gay pride parade every day.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Raggs, I was exaggerating for effect. I think as long as people are getting assaulted over their sexuality, I don't want to hear anybody saying bullshit like "Why don't we have Straight Pride Parades?" as though it takes as much courage to be straight in public as it does to be gay in public.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

A gang of teenagers sees a lesbian couple and thinks they can force them to kiss, then beats them up because they refuse to. Is that not homophobic?

Very much so and again this is what scares me how people seem to play down said crimes

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Do you mean that the boys may have just asked two women to kiss and beaten them up anyway regardless of whether they were gay or not?
In other words they were beaten because they refused to kiss and not because they were gay?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Well there's the contradiction. They want to show more affection in public as a result of this, but they were beaten up for refusing to show affection.

I'm bored with this word "homophobic". They were attacked for being gay - that's assault and it's against the law. The people who did it will be punished - I hope. I mean, some people were acquitted of murder after they virtually beat a gay man to death. Dunno why.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:46 pm

eddie wrote:

Do you mean that the boys may have just asked two women to kiss and beaten them up anyway regardless of whether they were gay or not?
In other words they were beaten because they refused to kiss and not because they were gay?

If they were beaten up for being gay, why did the boys want them to kiss?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

I sort of see what you’re trying to say actually. It’s perhaps badly reported?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

You would have to ask them, how does that not mean they were not attacked for being gay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Well there's the contradiction. They want to show more affection in public as a result of this, but they were beaten up for refusing to show affection.

I'm bored with this word "homophobic". They were attacked for being gay - that's assault and it's against the law. The people who did it will be punished - I hope. I mean, some people were acquitted of murder after they virtually beat a gay man to death. Dunno why.

I actually don't care for the word either, as it should mean "afraid of gay people" but really means a hatred for gay people. Like, I'm somewhat hydrophobic because I can't swim, but that doesn't mean I'm going to beat up a pond for refusing to kiss another pond.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:50 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I actually don't care for the word either, as it should mean "afraid of gay people" but really means a hatred for gay people. Like, I'm somewhat hydrophobic because I can't swim, but that doesn't mean I'm going to beat up a pond for refusing to kiss another pond.

I draw a distinction between those who just don't like the idea of homosexuality, or don't approve of it, and those who go around beating up or killing people because they're gay. It seems to me that some people lump all of those people together.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I draw a distinction between those who just don't like the idea of homosexuality, or don't approve of it, and those who go around beating up or killing people because they're gay. It seems to me that some people lump all of those people together.

Then why are you attempting to downplay the claim?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 pm

She’s questioning the storytelling. I often do the same when I read an article.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 pm

eddie wrote:She’s questioning the storytelling. I often do the same when I read an article.

How do you question the injuries and the the lads arrested?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:05 pm

I’m not questioning the story. I was explaining that Rags was.
I’m not saying it didn’t happen and neither is she?

Go back and read what she actually said didge!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:06 pm

In the accompanying account of the attack, in English and Spanish, Geymonat said that at least four men began harassing the couple when they saw them kissing. The group made lewd comments, demanded that they kiss and eventually assaulted and robbed them, Geymonat said.

"They started behaving like hooligans, demanding that we kissed so they could enjoy watching, calling us 'lesbians' and describing sexual positions," she wrote.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/07/europe/homophobic-attack-london-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:07 pm

eddie wrote:I’m not questioning the story. I was explaining that Rags was.
I’m not saying it didn’t happen and neither is she?

Go back and read what she actually said didge!

How about she actually check sources like I do eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Eddie, can you please stop replying on my behalf? I do not want to discuss anything with Didge because he's an arse. Thanks.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Eddie, can you please stop replying on my behalf? I do not want to discuss anything with Didge because he's an arse. Thanks.

Because i actually check the sources and you never did and now you wont admit to being wrong?

No worries, happy to be an arse and right

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Eddie, can you please stop replying on my behalf? I do not want to discuss anything with Didge because he's an arse. Thanks.

Well I wasn’t really and it’s a debate forum whereby many people use another’s post to debate with.
In any case I’ve got nothing much more to add anyway.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:14 pm

eddie wrote:

Well I wasn’t really and it’s a debate forum whereby many people use another’s post to debate with.

I just don't want anyone to give that awful man an excuse to harass me all over the forum. He knows I don't want to discuss anything with him, but he still won't leave me alone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

I just don't want anyone to give that awful man an excuse to harass me all over the forum. He knows I don't want to discuss anything with him, but he still won't leave me alone.

Then place me on ignore, its quite simple. Nothing worse when someone uses the intersectionality opression olympics to get out of being wrong on a subject

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:23 pm

By the way i will answer any post. That is not harressing anyone, but answering views. Like i said, if you dont want to read my views, place me on ignore. There is no rule that says i cannot answer posts made by posters and I will continue to do so. To claim harrassment is nothing but a crock of shit trying to poorly get me in trouble. Its Rags shit stirring again. Dont worry Rags, I fly back out to ireland on Sunday

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 pm

Why do you assume someone is wrong simply because they’re questioning something that’s a story written, in their opinion, unclearly?

She just asked a question and stated her opinion.

Not everything is about winning the Debate Olympics, didge.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:28 pm

eddie wrote:Why do you assume someone is wrong simply because they’re questioning something that’s a story written, in their opinion, unclearly?

She just asked a question and stated her opinion.

Not everything is about winning the Debate Olympics, didge.

Because she did not check sources and went off one article

I have read 5 of them

I never claimed it is about winning, the point is you need to stop her shit stirring claiming i am harressing her, when i am not. She is deliberately trying to get me in trouble, caliming to be a victim and its pathetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:31 pm

Why is that psychopath still banging on about me?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why is that psychopath still banging on about me?

Eddie and ben?

Are you actually going to do something about this?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Put him on ignore if it will make you feel better. I can’t stop him mentioning you?
Just don’t read his posts. I’m not taking sides I’m just making a suggestion that may make you feel better.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:37 pm

It doesn't seem to me that a) Didge is harassing anybody, or that b) he deserves to be called a psychopath -- but that taunt doesn't really rise to the level where I'm inclined to jump in.

Hell, my own wife called me an arse on here today.

I cried.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It doesn't seem to me that a) Didge is harassing anybody, or that b) he deserves to be called a psychopath -- but that taunt doesn't really rise to the level where I'm inclined to jump in.

I cried.

Dry your eyes, you arse. No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:40 pm

eddie wrote:

Put him on ignore if it will make you feel better. I can’t stop him mentioning you?
Just don’t read his posts. I’m not taking sides I’m just making a suggestion that may make you feel better.

Putting him on ignore affects the new posts function. I was ignoring him, but you kept answering him on my behalf, which just encourages him to harass me and criticise me all the time. I'm fed up with him badgering me all the time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:40 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It doesn't seem to me that a) Didge is harassing anybody, or that b) he deserves to be called a psychopath -- but that taunt doesn't really rise to the level where I'm inclined to jump in.

I cried.

Actually the above was perfect so thank you Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:41 pm

I cried.

I really think he is one though - it's not a taunt, it's how I see him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:35 pm

How sad that kids between the ages of 15 to 18 can be so narrow minded and anti gay, it's usually older people who are seen to be less accepting.
Those young men obviously wanted to humiliate the women, when it didn't work they resorted to violence.
Hopefully they will be suitably punished.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:25 pm

Its because they are undisciplined feral miscreants.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Raggs, I was exaggerating for effect. I think as long as people are getting assaulted over their sexuality, I don't want to hear anybody saying bullshit like "Why don't we have Straight Pride Parades?" as though it takes as much courage to be straight in public as it does to be gay in public.

To be honest, Ben, that's the same logic in the 'black lives matter' issue, when someone comes back and says 'all lives matter'.  It's as though black lives aren't being killed in greater proportion, and without justification, compared to others.

Nasty business, what happened to those two women.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:53 pm

I wouldn't dream of travelling on the late trains around here even if I could get home on them, unless I was in a group of about 20 people, the young booze fuelled and drug addled can have a field day with anyone they pick on gay, straight, old, young its all great fun or so they think.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Got the last train home from London 2 weeks ago , after a concert. Opposite was a pissed teen girl, totally blotto, shortest skirt ever, no knicks, and oblivious to showing her flange to the rest of the carriage.
It wasn't sexy!
More to the point, had she been on her own in the carriage, except a drunk bloke with lust on  his mind, would she have been partly responsible for any sex assault?
Those late trains are a bad place to be.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Andy wrote:Got the last train home from London 2 weeks ago , after a concert. Opposite was a pissed teen girl, totally blotto, shortest skirt ever, no knicks, and oblivious to showing her flange to the rest of the carriage.
It wasn't sexy!
More to the point, had she been on her own in the carriage, except a drunk bloke with lust on  his mind, would she have been partly responsible for any sex assault?

The person who would be 100% responsible would be the one who sexually assaulted her,  Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:18 am

Andy wrote:Got the last train home from London 2 weeks ago , after a concert. Opposite was a pissed teen girl, totally blotto, shortest skirt ever, no knicks, and oblivious to showing her flange to the rest of the carriage.
It wasn't sexy!

No, she wouldn't be responsible at all.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:25 am

The OP story is also a perfect example of LGBT issues MUST be taught about in schools.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:32 am

Eilzel wrote:The OP story is also a perfect example of LGBT issues MUST be taught about in schools.

I agree, I thinkthe most clear thinking people would. What people dont find so easy to agree on is what age these issues should be discussed in schools.
I think ten or eleven, a year before kids leave primary. At that age children can understand more.
Before that I just think teaching kindness and acceptance to everyone, without putting labels on people is enough.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:35 am

Syl wrote:
Eilzel wrote:The OP story is also a perfect example of LGBT issues MUST be taught about in schools.

I agree, I thinkthe most clear thinking people would. What people dont find so easy to agree on is what age these issues should be discussed in schools.
I think ten  or eleven, a year before kids leave primary. At that age children can understand more.
Before that I just think teaching kindness and acceptance to everyone, without putting labels on people is enough.

I don't want to derail this topic completely, but on LGBT issues themselves I agree. Having a gay couple appear in books for 5-10 year olds though, with the focus not on the actual issue of being gay, would be a great way to passively introduce the idea to even young children.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:58 am

Eilzel wrote:
Syl wrote:

I think ten  or eleven, a year before kids leave primary. At that age children can understand more.

I don't want to derail this topic completely, but on LGBT issues themselves I agree. Having a gay couple appear in books for 5-10 year olds though, with the focus not on the actual issue of being gay, would be a great way to passively introduce the idea to even young children.

Yes I agree. I also like David Walliams books, 'The boy in a dress' is a lovely gentle story with a message suitable for young kids.

Back to the topic. Those girls look totally traumatised, in shock and obviously in pain. A fifth teenager has been arrested in connection to that attack.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:01 am

Syl wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes I agree. I also like David Walliams books, 'The boy in a dress' is a lovely gentle story with a message suitable for young kids.

Back to the topic. Those girls look totally traumatised, in shock and obviously in pain. A fifth teenager  has been arrested in connection to  that attack.

They are degenerate cunts. It is still shocking to hear stories like this in the UK. Though not rare enough, sadly.

Hopefully they'll be suitably punished Twisted Evil
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:12 am

Yeah....one would hope.
Stories like this are very rare though, I live in Manchester and in my experience it's always been gay friendly, Thank God.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next