NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced

+6
nicko
Original Quill
Syl
Tommy Monk
Andy
Ben Reilly
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced - Page 2 Empty As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 18, 2019 9:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

We're not so bothered about out-of-wedlock pregnancies or menstruation anymore, but new taboos are seen emerging: Not voting, overusing water and letting kids have too much screen time are among them.

https://www.ozy.com/opinion/new-taboos/92771

Are there any taboos we shouldn't have gotten rid of? Or do we need other new ones?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced - Page 2 Empty Re: As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:

Strange how you have to keep clarifying yourself endlessly, and saying some posters do not 'understand' you.
On the contrary, I think some of us *understand* you only too well.

Why do you find it necessary to mention charities at all?????  As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced - Page 2 2190311264 
You justify it by saying only fake charities should be targeted.
But once again, I put it to you that there is already provision within the current laws to deal with fake charities.
It is already a serious crime to set up bogus charities, so we don't have to leave the EU in order to be able to deal them.

What do you mean by "we" here...!!!???

Thought you were in Canada/USA...!!!???

So... please explain how the UK leaving the EU includes you... as in "we"...!!!???

lol!

And I will clarify my earlier point on "fake charities"... what I mean by this is so called "charities" who aren't really running on monies raised by voluntary donations from willing individuals and/or monies raised through other means of fundraising activities that generate voluntary donations and legitimate revenue streams...

I'm talking about those who are hijacking huge sums of taxpayer funds that are handed to them by govt and councils, without any consent of the taxpayers themselves!!!

any charidy that pays its directors 6 figure salaries and has expensive plush offices is a fake charidy.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced - Page 2 Empty Re: As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced

Post by JulesV Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm

nicko wrote:You want to remain in the eu ?
Well I'm no expert. But I think a halfway compromise could be a less of a shock to our fiscal system.
We could stay in the customs union, but keep our own laws, borders, money.  Best of both worlds?   As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced - Page 2 2190311264 

Syl wrote: A picture paints a thousand words. Razz
That picture strengthens the point I made. Her charity was suspected of malpractices and the entire board was investigated using the legislation that was ALREADY available. 

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:13 pm

Jules, don't think the EU would be happy with that.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Jules wrote:
nicko wrote:You want to remain in the eu ?
Well I'm no expert. But I think a halfway compromise could be a less of a shock to our fiscal system.
We could stay in the customs union, but keep our own laws, borders, money.  Best of both worlds?   As old taboos fade, new ones are embraced - Page 2 2190311264 

Syl wrote: A picture paints a thousand words. Razz
That picture strengthens the point I made. Her charity was suspected of malpractices and the entire board was investigated using the legislation that was ALREADY available. 

How long did she get away with it and how much money did that 'charity' make before anyone bothered to investigate?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

How long did she get away with it and how much money did that 'charity' make before anyone bothered to investigate?

But what on earth has that got to do with the EU? scratch
Anyway in answer to your question - ask Cameron & co, she was their friend.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

Errr...it was you who picked up on the charity comment Tommy made. I was merely adding to that.
No need to ask anyone, Cameron was sucked in and ploughed millions into her 'charity' just as so many others were over the years..

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

Errr...it was you who picked up on the charity comment Tommy made. I was merely adding to that.
No need to ask anyone, Cameron was sucked in and ploughed millions into her 'charity' just as so many others were over the years..

Yes indeed it was me who picked up on his charity comment. 
I asked him the same question that I have asked you now.
What does a UK charity have to do with the EU??

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hey Jules, a good thread is like a good conversation, it can meander and branch in different directions.
What has the EU to do with Taboo subjects I may ask you, cos that's what this thread started off about. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

Hey Jules, a good thread is like a good conversation, it can meander and branch in different directions.
What has the EU to do with Taboo subjects I may ask you, cos that's what this thread started off about. Wink

This wasn't just random meandering & branching. TM directly linked charities with the EU and you followed his lead.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:34 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

This wasn't just random meandering & branching. TM directly linked charities with the EU and you followed his lead.

He said FAKE charities. Rolling Eyes

He then clarified exactly what he meant for those who didn't seem to understand him.

"And I will clarify my earlier point on "fake charities"... what I mean by this is so called "charities" who aren't really running on monies raised by voluntary donations from willing individuals and/or monies raised through other means of fundraising activities that generate voluntary donations and legitimate revenue streams...

I'm talking about those who are hijacking huge sums of taxpayer funds that are handed to them by govt and councils, without any consent of the taxpayers themselves!!!"

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:45 pm

I've no idea why you are getting all excited & rolling your eyes.

He directly linked the subject of charities with Brexit, in the same post.

I still don't know what charities have to do with the EU, fake ones or real.

I can see I'm not going to get an answer, only deflections

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:49 pm

Jules wrote:I've no idea why you are getting all excited & rolling your eyes.

He directly linked the subject of charities with Brexit, in the same post.

I still don't know what charities have to do with the EU, fake ones or real.

I can see I'm not going to get an answer, only deflections

I associate the Rolling Eyes more with boredom than excitement. Laughing

Laters....I have some paint drying that I need to watch.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:52 pm

I see.

If he wants to criticise fake charities, he can make a thread and criticise them all day & all night, no problem.

I still don't know why he thinks Brexit is needed to sort them out.

They can be sorted out without Brexit.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

No... it was you who said we don't have to leave the EU to deal with anything... my point on fake charities getting eye watering sums of UK taxpayer cash was part of my earlier post stating my vision for what I want our UK govt to do more of and less of...!

Think you are either getting confused or are deliberately misrepresenting what I've said... either way, you are wrong!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:

No... it was you who said we don't have to leave the EU to deal with anything... my point on fake charities getting eye watering sums of UK taxpayer cash was part of my earlier post stating my vision for what I want our UK govt to do more of and less of...!

Think you are either getting confused

or are deliberately misrepresenting what I've said... either way, you are wrong!

No I don't deliberately misrepresent anything. I don't play those kind of games.
I'm not the one who deliberately turns the meanings of words on their head as a way of trying to win arguments. 

I've seen too many people blame everything on the EU so I asked you to clarify, which you did not do in a timely or satisfactory manner, imo.

Btw if you are complaining about Andy calling you a  'anti immigrant racist xenophobe' and yet you are calling him rabid left wing lunatic aren't you as bad as him, as far as insults go?  cherry

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:05 am

Jules wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

But, you see everyone who doesn't subscribe exactly to your views as being 'far right'...!

You class many people as being 'popilulist', but you then class 'populist' as also bring 'far right'...!

You class Brexit voters as being 'anti immigrant racist xenophobes' etc, which are things that you also consider to be 'far right' traits...!

I support secular democracy, the complete control of which to be returned to the British people through our national parliament via our democratically elected representatives by us leaving the EU, I want and end to free movement and return to a controlled immigration system where we have a points based system based on skills and our national needs, I also want removal of foreign criminals and tightening up of asylum system... I support the NHS and a welfare system, I want a well funded and less bureaucratic and less politically correct police force, I support our armed services of course, and I also want a trimming down of govt and local govt bureaucracy and huge reduction in wasteful spending on non govt organisations and pet projects and fake charities etc... resulting in more money for our public services and lower taxes for all...!

I also think that our justice system is too soft on crime, and I think we should build more prisons and change the way the whole system works...

Sensible ideas and proposals, you might think...?

But to Andy... I AM A FAR RIGHT NAZI!!!

lol!

Most of those laws are in force already.
Foreign criminals are already removed - except for very minor peccadiloes.
Asylum laws are already tight.
The points based system of importing skills is in operation.

And why on earth do you want non govt charities to be abolished? This is totalitarian wickedness on your part, TM.  No - I mean..... if you believe in personal freedom, why would  you want to stop people volunteering to raise money for charity in their spare time, thru sponsored walks, crowd funding, etc. 

If you are looking to make savings, why don't you save on the astronomical amounts of funding the MOD gets which totally dwarfs the amounts charities get? 
Simply because you are not fond of the sort of people in society who would need charity in the first place.

This is where you first jumped into this thread and started getting things wrong...

Then you get even more wrong with every other post...!

Twat!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:04 am

Prick!  Cool

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2