NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money Laundering Rules

5 posters

Go down

Money Laundering Rules Empty Money Laundering Rules

Post by Vintage Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm

Any one know which you can get quicker a firearms licence or a passport?
Our bank has closed two joint accounts through inactivity (they are savings accounts we put an amount in each to leave it there in the hope of some interest - mistake) we also have other accounts in the same bank that we are regularly using which really annoys me. My OH is ok driving licence and proof of address I don't and they won't allow just him to take over the accounts until I get something to prove who I am. I was advised to get a provisional licence, which I did but they now won't accept that.
So I'm looking through the Gov list and out of the ten things only three relate to me driving license - full, passport or firearms certificate or licence.
I doubt I'll pass my test within a month, passports take a while and firearms stuff I don't know.
If I get a firearms licence my OH joked we could show it at the bank then whip out a firearm and hold them up, right now I don't find it funny but a distinct possibility.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Money Laundering Rules Empty Re: Money Laundering Rules

Post by Victorismyhero Tue May 14, 2019 9:09 pm

depends on which police authority you are in...some will process you a shotgun certificate inside 6-8 week, others...well it might just make a christmas present......however to keep it you will need to buy and register a shotgun inside of about 6 months to a year or they will question your "need" for one...(and you will need the secure cabinet to keep it in , and they will ask where you intend to use it ...look up local clay pigeon clubs....)

a passport may be your better bet.........
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue May 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Thanks sounds like the same wait so it'll have to be a passport. Could be a bit awkward I suppose if I have to get a gun, explaining I want it for the bank.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 14, 2019 11:19 pm

Vintage wrote:Any one know which you can get quicker a firearms licence or a passport?
Our bank has closed two joint accounts through inactivity (they are savings accounts we put an amount in each to leave it there in the hope of some interest - mistake) we also have other accounts in the same bank that we are regularly using which really annoys me. My OH is ok driving licence and proof of address I don't and they won't allow just him to take over the accounts until I get something to prove who I am. I was advised to get a provisional licence, which I did but they now won't accept that.
So I'm looking through the Gov list and out of the ten things only three relate to me driving license - full, passport or firearms certificate or licence.
I doubt I'll pass my test within a month, passports take a while and firearms stuff I don't know.
If I get a firearms licence my OH joked we could show it at the bank then whip out a firearm and hold them up, right now I don't find it funny but a distinct possibility.
I dont understand, if you have other accounts at the bank why do they need further proof of who you are
If they accept your OH is joint owner, would your marriage certifate, or a utility bill not prove you are the other joint owner?

I had an online account closed by my bank through lack of use. I went in and played hell, they soon lifted the block.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed May 15, 2019 12:08 am

It doesn't seem to carry any weight as it has to be done through a software programme that only recognises certain specified papers. Its so frustrating and ridiculous. I did have problems with another bank when we had to re invest some money, they did cave in when I completely lost it and said I would take my money out, although thinking about it I wouldn't have been able to do that because I couldn't prove who I was - for my own money! I'll have to get a passport, sort it out and then remove my money and write a letter to tell them why although its government rules to prevent money laundering.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 15, 2019 12:26 am

Vintage wrote:It doesn't seem to carry any weight as it has to be done through a software programme that only recognises certain specified papers. Its so frustrating and ridiculous. I did have problems with another bank when we had to re invest some money, they did cave in when I completely lost it and said I would take my money out, although thinking about it I wouldn't have been able to do that because I couldn't prove who I was - for my own money! I'll have to get a passport, sort it out and then remove my money and write a letter to tell them why although its government rules to prevent money laundering.
I have never heard of anything so ridiculous.
I would demand to speak to the bank manager and get him to sort it out.
Then I would take my business elsewhere.

Vintage, you must have a birth or marriage certificate, credit or debit cards, and if you have other accounts at the bank they KNOW who you are.
I'm confused.

Wish I could offer more help but I am stumped.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed May 15, 2019 5:26 am

That’s utterly stupid. I hope you can get it sorted out.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed May 15, 2019 9:58 am

Thanks I am thinking of getting to see the bank manager as you say, its a ridiculous situation.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 am

Vintage wrote:Any one know which you can get quicker a firearms licence or a passport?

My passport ran out a few years ago and I didn't renew it until last year... thought it might be hard work because of the time lapse without in date passport... but I did it online and posted off the required stuff and I had my new passport back within 10 days!

Brilliant!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down