NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female

+5
Raggamuffin
Cass
Syl
JulesV
eddie
9 posters

Go down

Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female Empty Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 4:27 am

Obese women are fuelling record admissions to hospital for weight problems, new NHS figures show.

Official statistics show the number of hospital admissions linked to obesity has risen by 15 per cent in just one year - with two in three cases female.

Simon Stevens, head of the NHS, said the figures were evidence of the “deadly” damage being caused by junk foods and excess sugar, as he called on manufacturers to reformulate foods.

The figures from NHS Digital reveal 711,000 hospital admissions in England had obesity recorded as the first or second reason for admission, up from 617,000 the year before. Two in three cases were women, the statistics show.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/08/soaring-numbers-hospital-admissions-linked-obesity-two-thirds/

Back to top Go down

Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female Empty Re: Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female

Post by eddie Thu May 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Yeah sugar is a highly addictive substance and leads to nowhere good.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female Empty Re: Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 9:24 pm

eddie wrote:Yeah sugar is a highly addictive substance and leads to nowhere good.

I very much doubt its sugar, but a lack of excercize and a life based on fast food.

Asa craving for sugar has been around for centuries Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 pm

phildidge wrote:
eddie wrote:Yeah sugar is a highly addictive substance and leads to nowhere good.

I very much doubt its sugar, but a lack of excercize and a life based on fast food.

Asa craving for sugar has been around for centuries Eddie

It’s being added to foods more nowadays than ever. People used to bake their own bread, for example, now bread is full of sugar, as are cereals, ready meals and a lot of bottled / canned drinks.

Exercise helps certainly but one does need to cut back drastically on sugar too, as the article points out.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri May 10, 2019 12:45 am

phildidge wrote:Obese women are fuelling record admissions to hospital for weight problems, new NHS figures show.

Official statistics show the number of hospital admissions linked to obesity has risen by 15 per cent in just one year -  with two in three cases female.

Simon Stevens, head of the NHS, said the figures were evidence of the “deadly” damage being caused by junk foods and excess sugar, as he called on manufacturers to reformulate foods.

The figures from NHS Digital reveal 711,000 hospital admissions in England had obesity recorded as the first or second reason for admission, up from 617,000 the year before. Two in three cases were women, the statistics show.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/08/soaring-numbers-hospital-admissions-linked-obesity-two-thirds/

Comfort eating is likely to be a BIG factor here.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 10, 2019 12:59 am

It's quite normal to see  couples together, especially younger people, where the female is twice the size of her partner.

A combination of a poor diet and lack of exercise is obviously to blame, why it now seems to affects women more than men is a mystery.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 10, 2019 3:30 am

Syl wrote:It's quite normal to see  couples together, especially younger people, where the female is twice the size of her partner.

A combination of a poor diet and lack of exercise is obviously to blame, why it now seems to affects women more than men is a mystery.

Hormones are to blame as well as medical conditions with the thyroid and conditions like PCOS, and birth control too.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 10, 2019 12:54 pm

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:It's quite normal to see  couples together, especially younger people, where the female is twice the size of her partner.

Hormones are to blame as well as medical conditions with the thyroid and conditions like PCOS, and birth control too.

I agree that medical conditions and some medications can definitely cause some people to put on weight, especially in women, but I think this is probably in the minority of obese people.

I believe the  main cause of obesity is that  people simply eat more than they need, the wrong kinds of food, and dont exercise enough to burn off the calories.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 10, 2019 9:22 pm

You can't outrun your fork. Exercise is good, but it can never keep the weight off if you consistently eat too many calories.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 11, 2019 6:21 am

eddie wrote:

Cool

Bullshit...

You are grossly over-generalising, and lying outright..

To wit :

You haven't identified what you mean by sugar --

Fruit and vege's contain "sugar"  --  as there are no 'sugar free' fruit and vege's,  I trust you have given up eating them ?

Grain, wine, beer, spirits --  all contain "sugars" to varying degrees..

Honey, nuts, milk, soya milk, almond milk  --  more "sugars" in there, again.

'Starch' is a compound carbohydrate substance --  break down "starchy" foods and you will produce sugars..

'Sugar' is not in any way "addictive" --  that is simply another unsubstantiated fake claim running wild on the internet, beloved by self-declared "experts" and those offering their own alternatives.

As "sugar" in the forms of glucose and glycogen are essential parts of your body's metabolic processes,  it is an outright lie (again) to claim that "sugar" is not in any way "good" for you.

I suggest that you actually learn what the "Citric Acid Cycle" is  --  the very basis of human nutrition and physiology  --  before making any more of these ignorant assertions,  which only serve to demonstrate your complete non-understanding of how the human body operates..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 6:34 am

I stand corrected. I though sugar was addictive Wolf

Excellent knowledge mate and was dfoubtful, but checked your claims and you are right

Everything is fine in moderation, including suagar and vital in some medical cases.

This is what i found

If you look at the overall health of our nation, added sugar in all forms can absolutely take a deadly toll. However, this is because of the sheer quantity that’s consumed. According to recent studies, the average American adult consumes 22 teaspoons a day while children consume a shocking 32 teaspoons daily. To put that in perspective, most organizations recommend less than 9 teaspoons daily. It’s this massive consumption of sugar (and the low nutrition foods in which it’s often found) that’s harmful, not sugar by itself.

No study has ever linked health problems with moderate amounts of sugar, which can make eating more pleasurable, an important and often overlooked facet of health.  Eating sugar and sweets as part of an overall balanced diet will not lead to health concerns. We can’t say the same thing about crystal meth.

IF SUGAR WAS ADDICTIVE, YOU WOULD GET AN EQUAL “HIGH” FROM BANANAS AND YOGURT.

Many foods are naturally rich in sugar, namely fruits and dairy. Have you ever heard of people bingeing on cantaloupe or milk? Probably not. Despite the fact that fruit and dairy contain naturally-occurring sugars, no one ever claims to be addicted to these foods.

Very informative Wolf and thank you

For eddie

https://www.psychiatry.cam.ac.uk/blog/2016/07/21/sugar-addictive-probably-not-say-cambridge-neuroscientists/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 11, 2019 8:47 am

Sugar isn't really addictive. It's a bit habit forming and difficult to resist, but there are no ill effects of stopping eating excessive amounts of it, apart from being a bit pissed off when you feel like a bar of chocolate. Laughing

The main problem with sugar is the amount of calories it contains. Those excess calories will make you fat if you're not careful.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 11, 2019 9:08 am

Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female 3922118137

Rather than being misrepresented as "addictive", it would be more accurate to describe a craving for sugars as being "habitual" or habit-forming...

Manufactured and over-processed foods are loaded with excessive amounts of 'white' sugars (mainly sucrose, glucose, and the big baddy --  isomerised corn syrup..),  'poly-saturated' fats, and refined white flour ==  excessive calories with less nutrients overall when compared with more wholesome foods..

If most people are getting adequate amounts of fruit, vege's and grains in their diet, they are most likely getting more than enough sugars to take care of their metabolic needs;  so that excess sugars go straight onto one's excess calorie intake --  along with those from excess fats and starches.

Especially bad are excessive amounts of things like corn syrup and palm oil being added into processed foods --  as these are factory-processed products, physically and chemically changed from their natural states, and not a normal regular part of the human diet..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat May 11, 2019 9:57 am

Raggamuffin wrote:You can't outrun your fork. Exercise is good, but it can never keep the weight off if you consistently eat too many calories.

This is really the bottom line. Too many calories. I blame booze too. I think younger people now probably drink much more than they used to say, two decades ago. Licensing laws have changed, and women down pints the same as men where they might have sipped a G and T years ago. A pint of cider has 200 cals, and you might drink three or four in a night out. For a woman that's half her calorie intake. My sister in law and her husband are boozers...they drink every night, and around 3 or 4 pints each. I don't know how they do it. I rarely drink.

Hidden sugar definitely. It plays havoc with your pancreas and insulin levels. As do artificial sweeteners which fool the body into thinking it's had sugar and gives you spikes in insulin. Sugar sweetened foods trigger the release of brain chemicals and hormones — part of what is known as the food reward pathway. Artificial sweeteners provide sweet taste, researchers believe the lack of calories prevents complete activation of the food reward pathway. This makes us crave more sweetness and more food. Then you've got the body not getting enough nutrients which in turn makes it want to eat more. And let's not start on how it might disrupt gut bacteria.

You expect to see older people with a bit of weight. But not teenagers or kids. At that age you have the energy to exercise and burn it off, but we're raising a whole generation of fatties. Children that might die before their parents. That's really disturbing.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 11, 2019 3:17 pm

phildidge wrote:I stand corrected. I though sugar was addictive Wolf

Excellent knowledge mate and was dfoubtful, but checked your claims and you are right

Everything is fine in moderation, including suagar and vital in some medical cases.

This is what i found

If you look at the overall health of our nation, added sugar in all forms can absolutely take a deadly toll. However, this is because of the sheer quantity that’s consumed. According to recent studies, the average American adult consumes 22 teaspoons a day while children consume a shocking 32 teaspoons daily. To put that in perspective, most organizations recommend less than 9 teaspoons daily. It’s this massive consumption of sugar (and the low nutrition foods in which it’s often found) that’s harmful, not sugar by itself.

No study has ever linked health problems with moderate amounts of sugar, which can make eating more pleasurable, an important and often overlooked facet of health.  Eating sugar and sweets as part of an overall balanced diet will not lead to health concerns. We can’t say the same thing about crystal meth.

Many foods are naturally rich in sugar, namely fruits and dairy. Have you ever heard of people bingeing on cantaloupe or milk? Probably not. Despite the fact that fruit and dairy contain naturally-occurring sugars, no one ever claims to be addicted to these foods.

For eddie

https://www.psychiatry.cam.ac.uk/blog/2016/07/21/sugar-addictive-probably-not-say-cambridge-neuroscientists/

Razz

Yo,  Didge  !!!

See some idjut has gone and "redded" my earlier post on here  !!!

Looks like one of the "usual suspects" on here doesn't like the truth !  Most likely one of those nasty harridans hiding her bastardry behind a faux outrage, pretending to support eddie but in reality looking for any excuse to attack me..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Mate wear the red with a badge of honour, as that person who did, cannot counter the reasoned knowledge you have on this.

I must admit I thought it was, but as seen I was wrong

I do plenty of extensive research and I should have been more sketical to the claim it is addictive, like I normally am on many claims

Again it was very interesting what you posted. This is you at your best mate. Dont allow yourself to descend into slagging matches, as you are very intelligent as seen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 3:24 pm

Also gave you a green to counter the poor red that was given to you Wolf

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 11, 2019 4:48 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
phildidge wrote:I stand corrected. I though sugar was addictive Wolf

This is what i found

For eddie

Razz

Yo,  Didge  !!!

Looks like one of the "usual suspects" on here doesn't like the truth !  Most likely one of those nasty harridans hiding her bastardry behind a faux outrage, pretending to support eddie but in reality looking for any excuse to attack me..

It was probably the unnecessarily rude way you replied to another poster - something you and Didge have in common.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Razz

Yo,  Didge  !!!

It was probably the unnecessarily rude way you replied to another poster - something you and Didge have in common.

Says Miss Rude 2019

Seriously get over your grudges and get to the debating

Its tiresome and boring your consistant shit stirring

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Wolf said:

“Rather than being misrepresented as "addictive", it would be more accurate to describe a craving for sugars as being "habitual" or habit-forming...”

Isn’t that what an addiction is? Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female 2190311264
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 8:45 pm

eddie wrote:Wolf said:

“Rather than being misrepresented as "addictive", it would be more accurate to describe a craving for sugars as being "habitual" or habit-forming...”

Isn’t that what an addiction is? Soaring numbers of hospital admissions linked to obesity – and two thirds are female 2190311264

Do you think that is then an addiction?

Most foods have sugar in them, hence are you addicted to food and thus fat?

Do you understand what a craving and need is?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 11, 2019 8:49 pm

addiction
/əˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/
noun
the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity.

synonyms:
dependency,
dependence,
craving,
habit,
weakness,
compulsion,
fixation,
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 8:53 pm

eddie wrote:addiction
/əˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/
noun
the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity.

synonyms:
dependency,
dependence,
craving,
habit,
weakness,
compulsion,
fixation,

That is a definition

Are you attentping to show me you have a compulsion to think you are right here Eddie?

What does the neuroscience say here?

Or is the reality, you are more susceptible to paranoia?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 11, 2019 8:56 pm

I’m agreeing with wolf actually. Sugar is habit-forming. Like an addiction.

It must be addictive (habit-forming) as many people can’t give it up, hence the reason so many people are obese.
As your article proves.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 9:00 pm

eddie wrote:I’m agreeing with wolf actually. Sugar is habit-forming. Like an addiction.

It must be addictive (habit-forming) as many people can’t give it up, hence the reason so many people are obese.
As your article proves.

Habbit forming is not an addiction, hence a cravingis an addiction

To say it must be is based on what Eddie?

Your need to be right?

Have you evern read the many medical studies done on this that understand why more people are obese?

If you are right, I am all ears, but all i see is you making opinions

Do you actually have anything to back up your claims?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Craving is an addiction?

addiction
/əˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/
noun
the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity
synonyms: dependency, dependence, craving, habit, weakness, compulsion, fixation,

That’s what the dictionary definition said that I just posted?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 9:04 pm

eddie wrote:Craving is an addiction?

addiction
/əˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/
noun
the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity
synonyms: dependency, dependence, craving, habit, weakness, compulsion, fixation,

That’s what the dictionary definition said that I just posted?

Another definition

Is this again your compelled need to be right?

What does neurscience say on sugar and addiction Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 11, 2019 9:06 pm

I wasn’t trying to be right, I was agreeing with Wolf that sugar is addictive. I was also agreeing with the article that you posted.

Do you disagree with the article you found or something?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 9:11 pm

eddie wrote:I wasn’t trying to be right, I was agreeing with Wolf that sugar is addictive. I was also agreeing with the article that you posted.

Do you disagree with the article you found or something?

Wolf disproved your claim that sugar is addictive

Further proof,. you dont even bother to read properly what he posted. He never claimed sugar was addictive

It even shows you never read my article

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun May 12, 2019 4:09 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Says Miss Rude 2019

Basketball

Some on here often like to single out veya, me amd you Didge, for often being too insutling and aggressive when either replying to, or in telling some people off.

Raggamuffin, gelico, Horatio Troll, vintage, Sly and Miffs have each proven they can be just as rude and aggressive as any of the men on here (especially now that Major/Stormee is history..), but they seem to think that they can get away with their abusive behaviour simply by being English females, pretemding to be 'ladies'.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 4:16 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Says Miss Rude 2019

Basketball

Some on here often like to single out veya,  me amd you Didge,  for often being too insutling and aggressive when either replying to, or in telling some people off.

Raggamuffin, gelico, Horatio Troll, vintage, Sly and Miffs have each proven they can be just as rude and aggressive as any of the men on here (especially now that Major/Stormee is history..),  but they seem to think that they can get away with their abusive behaviour simply by being English females, pretemding to be 'ladies'.

Ser.iously mate, just ignore it.

They can say what they like and have this done to me many times

Yes its boring and wish some of them woiul,d take a long hard look at themselves

The reality is, i admit when i am out of order

However they excuse when people are cocks to us

Hence they hold the worst double standards

Nothing to do with being english, but you may have a point on the nature of vindictive women

They seem to thrive in packs as well

Their moral superiority is based on one level. Making themselves look big at the expense of others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 12, 2019 4:25 pm

Two creepy crawlies together - Didge and Wolfboy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Two creepy crawlies together - Didge and Wolfboy.

As if on cue wolf in she flies to stir it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZVqFmVNobA

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 12, 2019 4:35 pm

Wolfboy and Didge have a go at me, and then Didge says I'm stirring. Cool

Like I said, he's a psychopath.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Wolfboy and Didge have a go at me, and then Didge says I'm stirring. Cool

Are you paranoid rags?

Who mentioned you?

Would you like me to help you with this paranoia?

Or do I need to hire a crane simple to help you get off your fat arse Rags?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 12, 2019 5:30 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Wolfboy and Didge have a go at me, and then Didge says I'm stirring. Cool

Are you paranoid rags?

Who mentioned you?

Would you like me to help you with this paranoia?

Or do I need to hire a crane simple to help you get off your fat arse Rags?

Wolfboy mentioned me - learn to read. I heard you were fairly rotund, so ... Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 12, 2019 5:45 pm

People who constantly call others “fat” and other such names are usually that way themselves.
It’s called self-projection.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 12, 2019 5:49 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Cool

Bullshit...

You are grossly over-generalising, and lying outright..

To wit :

You haven't identified what you mean by sugar --

Fruit and vege's contain "sugar"  --  as there are no 'sugar free' fruit and vege's,  I trust you have given up eating them ?

Grain, wine, beer, spirits --  all contain "sugars" to varying degrees..

Honey, nuts, milk, soya milk, almond milk  --  more "sugars" in there, again.

'Starch' is a compound carbohydrate substance --  break down "starchy" foods and you will produce sugars..

'Sugar' is not in any way "addictive" --  that is simply another unsubstantiated fake claim running wild on the internet, beloved by self-declared "experts" and those offering their own alternatives.

As "sugar" in the forms of glucose and glycogen are essential parts of your body's metabolic processes,  it is an outright lie (again) to claim that "sugar" is not in any way "good" for you.

I suggest that you actually learn what the "Citric Acid Cycle" is  --  the very basis of human nutrition and physiology  --  before making any more of these ignorant assertions,  which only serve to demonstrate your complete non-understanding of how the human body operates..

“Simon Stevens, head of the NHS, said the figures were evidence of the “deadly” damage being caused by junk foods and excess sugar, as he called on manufacturers to reformulate foods.”

I guess I’m talking about the sugar in the article - you know, the sugar that is making people obese?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun May 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Sugar Sugar, The Archie's !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun May 12, 2019 9:11 pm

Woman store fat a lot easier than men probably because they have to keep themselves and their offspring alive during times of plenty and times of famine. Hunter gatherer women breast fed their children for four to five years it was only when farming became established that suitable food would become available to feed the infant also animal milks began to be available. The impact of this was a higher birth rate as then not having to exclusively feed her infant the woman was more likely to conceive sooner than four to five years more like two to three. Although looking at family history up until the turn of the 20th century most children were born about 18 months apart, would that be better living and food conditions, it was hardly luxury for working families in those years. Any ideas.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon May 13, 2019 11:22 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Says Miss Rude 2019

Basketball

Some on here often like to single out veya,  me amd you Didge,  for often being too insutling and aggressive when either replying to, or in telling some people off.

Raggamuffin, gelico, Horatio Troll, vintage, Sly and Miffs have each proven they can be just as rude and aggressive as any of the men on here (especially now that Major/Stormee is history..),  but they seem to think that they can get away with their abusive behaviour simply by being English females, pretemding to be 'ladies'.

Aw...do you feel victimised and overwhelmed? Can't cope with a handful of women on a forum? Do your anger issues control you so much you play the victim as a way to mitigate your inadequacies? Anyone would think you're still stuck at the titty the way you cry over this same subject over and over ad nauseam. Change the fucking record, you malapert fool.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2019 1:10 pm

With fat fucking revoking disgusting death worthy land whales like tess halliday and vouge promoting morbid obesity and this unhealthy obsession with "body positivity" what do we expect??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down