NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU countries to have access to your bank accounts and phone calls

Go down

EU countries to have access to your bank accounts and phone calls Empty EU countries to have access to your bank accounts and phone calls

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:40 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/02/18/EU-orders-threatens-national-sovereignty-and-rule-of-law/

I can think of an immediate possible application - In Germany holocaust denial is illegal. In the UK it is not - we are in the UK allowed to combat the claims it did not happen in open discussion. However it may now be possible that in the future a UK citizen who has never left the country and never broken UK law may have evidence collected that they are breaking the law of a foreign country and then be prosecuted by that country.

Here is another interesting possibility - in France the Burka has been banned in public places, while this is not the case in the UK. Could we see British Muslims being prosecuted for breaking a French law?

Back to top Go down

EU countries to have access to your bank accounts and phone calls Empty Re: EU countries to have access to your bank accounts and phone calls

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:42 pm

sphinx wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/02/18/EU-orders-threatens-national-sovereignty-and-rule-of-law/

I can think of an immediate possible application - In Germany holocaust denial is illegal.  In the UK it is not - we are in the UK allowed to combat the claims it did not happen in open discussion.  However it may now be possible that in the future a UK citizen who has never left the country and never broken UK law may have evidence collected that they are breaking the law of a foreign country and then be prosecuted by that country.

Here is another interesting possibility - in France the Burka has been banned in public places, while this is not the case in the UK.  Could we see British Muslims being prosecuted for breaking a French law?

That is French Law Sphinx, not British law, so how would French law supersede British law with Muslims living in Britain?
Which country also is going to abide by this when as seen France has a ban on the Burqa, is that EU law?

Back to top Go down

EU countries to have access to your bank accounts and phone calls Empty Re: EU countries to have access to your bank accounts and phone calls

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:44 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/02/18/EU-orders-threatens-national-sovereignty-and-rule-of-law/

I can think of an immediate possible application - In Germany holocaust denial is illegal.  In the UK it is not - we are in the UK allowed to combat the claims it did not happen in open discussion.  However it may now be possible that in the future a UK citizen who has never left the country and never broken UK law may have evidence collected that they are breaking the law of a foreign country and then be prosecuted by that country.

Here is another interesting possibility - in France the Burka has been banned in public places, while this is not the case in the UK.  Could we see British Muslims being prosecuted for breaking a French law?

That is French Law Sphinx, not British law, so how would French law supersede British law with Muslims living in Britain?
Which country also is going to abide by this when as seen France has a ban on the Burqa, is that EU law?

Try reading the link first didge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:45 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Try reading the link first didge

No Need, who is going to abide with this law, do we abide with all EU laws?

No, the only thing that could happen if you stepped foot in that country they then could arrest you, which again I cannot see happening, as again what is being monitored is serious crimes, why would you waste money over those with petty crimes?

Think about it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Yep thats it didge - avoid investigating the facts and pretend its not going to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 pm

sphinx wrote:Yep thats it didge - avoid investigating the facts and pretend its not going to happen.

The EIO will allow EU countries to monitor bank accounts and tap phone conversations of British citizens who are suspected of crimes committed in foreign jurisdictions. 

It won't just be Britain but all nations with suspected crimes, so why are they going to monitor petty crimes?
Again who is going to comply with this and even allow access to the files, unless as already happens may EU countries cooperate already on this.
What you fail to answer is already we ignore many EU rulings as other nations do, so how are they going to enforce this?
Invade?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Right have to go catch this up tomorrow

Have a fab evening Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:13 pm

I really can't see where it says anything like what you are suggesting.

And just for the record; Germany has more reason than most to outlaw holocaust denial.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

And just for the record; Germany has more reason than most to outlaw holocaust denial.

I did not suggest that it didnt.

My point is that we in the UK do not have that law and in some areas such as theology and philosophy that is important. The new regulations will mean that students discussing the topic on a forum like this one and exploring the arguments made by denial could be monitored, arrested, and extradited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:34 pm

sphinx wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

I did not suggest that it  didnt.

My point is that we in the UK do not have that law and in some areas such as theology and philosophy that is important.  The new regulations will mean that students discussing the topic on a forum like this one and exploring the arguments made by denial could be monitored, arrested, and extradited.

I know you didn't and I was just making a point - for the record.

Britain exercise extra territorial jurisdiction over it's citizens where ever they are in the world just like most other countries do in that if they commit a crime outside this country which is a crime in this country then they could be arrested or extradition requested from the country where they are located.

And any monitoring of what takes place here in this country would only be allowed to be carried by UK authorities and only if it was legal in this country to do so and by following due judicial procedures.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
sphinx wrote:

My point is that we in the UK do not have that law and in some areas such as theology and philosophy that is important.  The new regulations will mean that students discussing the topic on a forum like this one and exploring the arguments made by denial could be monitored, arrested, and extradited.

Britain exercise extra territorial jurisdiction over it's citizens where ever they are in the world just like most other countries do in that if they commit a crime outside this country which is a crime in this country then they could be arrested or extradition requested from the country where they are located.

And any monitoring of what takes place here in this country would only be allowed to be carried by UK authorities and only if it was legal in this country to do so and by following due judicial procedures.

That is the point - this would make it legal for other countries to gather intel etc - done by us paid for by us but for them. It would make it legal for Germany to demand the UK bugged communications of a British national to gather evidence so that individual could be prosecuted in Germany for something not a crime here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:51 pm

sphinx wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
sphinx wrote:

That is the point - this would make it legal for other countries to gather intel etc - done by us paid for by us but for them.  It would make it legal for Germany to demand the UK bugged communications of a British national to gather evidence so that individual could be prosecuted in Germany for  something not a crime here.

Nope, it wouldn't. And I can't see anywhere in the information you have provided that says it would make it legal.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down