NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief

+3
Ben Reilly
nicko
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Go down

City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief Empty City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:51 pm

London's financial institutions risk losing their prized access to the EU if the UK leaves the single market, said the head of France's central bank.
Francois Villeroy de Galhau said London's banks would lose their "financial passport", which allows them to trade freely in the EU.
Earlier, the head of the Eurogroup of finance ministers Jeroen Dijsselbloem said banks would move outside the UK.
But UK economist Gerard Lyons said it would be difficult to displace London.
Many London-based banks currently serve customers throughout the EU unhindered under rules known as "passporting".
However, that would be under threat if the UK chooses to leave the single market as part of its withdrawal from the EU.
Leave campaigners said London would remain Europe's financial centre, and that "passporting" would be part of the negotiations on the UK's trading relationship with the EU.

'Paradox'

Mr Villeroy de Galhau, who is also a member of the European Central Bank's governing body, said talks should start quickly.
"There is a precedent, it is the Norwegian model of European Economic Area, that would allow Britain to keep access to the single market but by committing to implement all EU rules," he said.
"It would be a bit paradoxical to leave the EU and apply all EU rules, but that is one solution if Britain wants to keep access to the single market."

'Price'

US bank Morgan Stanley said on Friday it would "adapt accordingly" to a UK exit from the EU, after reports it could move up to 2,000 of its London-based staff to Dublin or Frankfurt.
Mr Dijsselbloem, the Dutch finance minister, said: "A few years ago, London took out adverts in the Asian edition of the Financial Times saying it was the place to come if you wanted to do business in the EU.
"Now they can't place that advert, and the Asians will go to Amsterdam or Frankfurt instead."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36628595

Back to top Go down

City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief Empty Re: City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:15 pm

Bullshit!!!

Financial services are not under eu control!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief Empty Re: City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Christ on a fucking bike, are you that ignorant that you don't know about EU Banking Regulations.

What the fuck do you think the G20 is all about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:34 pm

The g20 is not the eu you twat!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:37 pm

This is the reality...

http://www.cityam.com/243897/britains-future-even-brighter-if-we-take-back-control-eu
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Oh dear. The decisions of the g20 are implemented by the EU banking authority by the EU banking regulations

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:10 pm

London is the finance centre of Europe, it will not change.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:13 pm

nicko wrote:London is the finance centre of Europe,  it will not change.

Actually nicko they are talking about moving the stock exchange out of London already, as it was in the middle of a merger, which will not go ahead if it remains in London

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Believe it when I see it, I said before wait a few months see how things go before coming out with the doom and gloom remarks. no one really knows for certain including you and me!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Sassquatch needs to read this...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/18/what-will-brexit-mean-for-the-city-of-london/
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:49 pm

nicko wrote:Believe it when I see it,     I said before wait a few months see how things go before coming out with the doom and gloom remarks.    no one really knows for certain including you and me!!

You mean the country just rolled the dice?!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
nicko wrote:Believe it when I see it,     I said before wait a few months see how things go before coming out with the doom and gloom remarks.    no one really knows for certain including you and me!!

Yipper ...it actually went down rather like a CRAPS GAME ...and so many that got swept up in the hysteria are now suffering that gamblers remorse and that's why we're hearing and reading from so many that behaved like 'sheeple' and went along with the pack! 

They were soooooo clueless and now the "WTF - did we just do" is setting in and it's so gut wrenching to hear & see!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

What a silly thing to say. Unless you can see the future any decision made includes an element of chance. What do you think will happen if Trump is elected?
We live in interesting times. What you have just seen in the UK is the people sending a clear message that we are sick of the corrupt, self serving EU gravy train and all its red tape. It is amusing to read on here that UK is shite and meaningless and yet now the Brexit vote apparently means the end of the world as we know it. We won't be the only ones to leave the EU, wait and see. Don't worry about little old us, worry about what you are about to elect to the White House.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Knee jerk reactions and my God, so much hysteria from the media is being lapped up by the public.

Wait and see. Let the dust settle and the big bully boys have their tantrum.

Perhaps they're upset because they won't get their "powerful European government" now.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

What a silly thing to say. Unless you can see the future any decision made includes an element of chance. What do you think will happen if Trump is elected?
We live in interesting times. What you have just seen in the UK is the people sending a clear message that we are sick of the corrupt, self serving EU gravy train and all its red tape. It is amusing to read on here that UK is shite and meaningless and yet now the Brexit vote apparently means the end of the world as we know it. We won't be the only ones to leave the EU, wait and see. Don't worry about little old us, worry about what you are about to elect to the White House.

We're squared away over here. The elderly of the UK may have just decided that the only appropriate response to the cruel shackles of "gravy trains" and "red tape" was to nuke from orbit, but Donald Trump may well not even get the nomination, and I predict with confidence that he'll never be president.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Green from me miffs!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:08 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Yipper ...it actually went down rather like a CRAPS GAME ...and so many that got swept up in the hysteria are now suffering that gamblers remorse and that's why we're hearing and reading from so many that behaved like 'sheeple' and went along with the pack! 

They were soooooo clueless and now the "WTF - did we just do" is setting in and it's so gut wrenching to hear & see!

It's funny, but the papers find these people who regret it, but no one else seems to have met anyone who regrets it!

Don't believe everything you read - we live here remember Wink
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:16 pm

It's all media spin and waffle bullshit!!!

Don't believe the hype!!!

They are trying to fuck us over into a ddcond referendum just like in Ireland:to get "the right answer'...!!!

How many people voted remain because of the bullshit fear campaign that the sky would fall in...!?

None of the Remainians seem too bothered about that!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:20 pm

eddie wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

It's funny, but the papers find these people who regret it, but no one else seems to have met anyone who regrets it!

Jeez, I met quite a few in the local shop yesterday who said just that, and they are all over the tv news and radio phone-ins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Bollocks!!!

Pro eu puppets pretending that they voted leave for stupid reasons!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:43 pm

I The You The Ben Reilly wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

We're squared away over here. The elderly of the UK may have just decided that the only appropriate response to the cruel shackles of "gravy trains" and "red tape" was to nuke from orbit, but Donald Trump may well not even get the nomination, and I predict with confidence that he'll never be president.
Take heart Ben, if Trump is elected, he will probably be assassinated. Isn't that what you guys do with some of your presidents?!
I'm interested you think Hillary is such a wonderful prospect, look at her eyes, that woman's lift does not go to the top floor.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:07 pm

eddie wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

Hmmmm, and your watching your local news media or what is live streaming from over here; because anyone that is standing still and has that live mic shoved into their face is either - looking shocked and explaining why they are so shocked and asking for a 'DO OVER' or ranting on about 'them dam Muslims and that's why we voted to get out of the EU, them Dam Muslims' ...and quite a lot of those diatribe are the middle aged white guys and the 5sec delay is beeping out most of their vile curse words! 

But ...Oh, hell ya ...the 30 somethings are walking around London like the 'Walking DEAD' and acting like they've had their brains eaten and they'll come around some time later - MAYBE!  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:17 pm

God help us if the warmongering madman Donald "Genghis Khan" Trump is elected.
He cannot wait to get his fat finger on the nuclear trigger, and will be busy looking for a likely target. North Korea and Russia/Ukraine are the most likely.
So we Europeans could well have live missiles either being launched from the UK or flying over our heads.
He needs a double tap to the temple.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

An interesting juxtaposition of prospects. Does this mean you guys have just done the equivalent of throwing your country away?

I think y'all should elect Pee Wee Herman your next PM. What daring-doo. Life is a casino...tomorrow will never come. Piss on all who don't wanna party.

City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5ZAe8NcPxyBHPig7IlH-yifygzA9M1YiH1oqf3XAIpYQKYdvdNw

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Excellent post miss Nems and of course you live here so you would know. Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:09 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
eddie wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

Hmmmm, and your watching your local news media or what is live streaming from over here; because anyone that is standing still and has that live mic shoved into their face is either - looking shocked and explaining why they are so shocked and asking for a 'DO OVER' or ranting on about 'them dam Muslims and that's why we voted to get out of the EU, them Dam Muslims' ...and quite a lot of those diatribe are the middle aged white guys and the 5sec delay is beeping out most of their vile curse words! 

But ...Oh, hell ya ...the 30 somethings are walking around London like the 'Walking DEAD' and acting like they've had their brains eaten and they'll come around some time later - MAYBE!  Twisted Evil

Yes 4ever, it's called selective media.

We live here. We know. Please remember that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

We live in interesting times. What you have just seen in the UK is the people sending a clear message that we are sick of the corrupt, self serving EU gravy train and all its red tape. It is amusing to read on here that UK is shite and meaningless and yet now the Brexit vote apparently means the end of the world as we know it.  We won't be the only ones to leave the EU, wait and see. Don't worry about little old us, worry about what you are about to elect to the White House.

An interesting juxtaposition of prospects.  Does this mean you guys have just done the equivalent of throwing your country away?  

I think y'all should elect Pee Wee Herman your next PM.  What daring-doo.  Life is a casino...tomorrow will never come.  Piss on all who don't wanna party.

City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5ZAe8NcPxyBHPig7IlH-yifygzA9M1YiH1oqf3XAIpYQKYdvdNw

Many Brits once said the same, when the Americans voted and declared independce and also won against the odds, against far superior and better trained army. I think its hilarious, that the US seperated itself and left being a part of Britan, because they had no control over their laws where they were living. The Brits vote and leave also, because we have surrendered for years power and control to the EU and now ironically. Where it was once the Brits spelling out doom and gloom for the US. Now we see the roles reversed with the yanks as prophets of doom and gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Excellent post miss Nems and of course you live here so you would know. Wink
Yes I do. I have to say the American arrogant do as I  say not as I do attitude is very tiresome.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:52 pm

It's pretty disturbing and utterly self-centred too.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Why do these people who do not live here presume to know more than the people who do?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm

eddie wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

Yes 4ever, it's called selective media.

We live here. We know. Please remember that.
Perhaps you'd be better served to refresh your history regarding this entire EURO - EU - EEC issue because it was 'YOUR' nation requesting to become a member of that group and France's Charles de Gaulle that refused your application - TWICE!   

BTW ...this EU vote has nothing to do with the up rising and eventual revolution of AMERICA ...but that LAME grasping studder step is something that desperate children attempt when the arguments can't be swayed in another method.  
GOOD GRIEF ...should we dial up the Queen and ask for her comments as well ...I'm pretty sure her utter exasperation with her subjects has reached a new LOW this weekend.  City firms may lose 'prized' EU access, says French Bank chief 1858517897

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:16 pm

It has been said the Queen was not happy with being in the eu...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Who cares what the queen thinks?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:23 pm

Geddie wrote:Who cares what the queen thinks?
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN, COS NOBODY ELSE WILL!!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:24 pm

Not a royalist nems so.... Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:28 pm

eddie wrote:Not a royalist nems so.... Razz
Nor me can't stand em
Not a Blackadder fan then Eds?!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
eddie wrote:Not a royalist nems so.... Razz
Nor me can't stand em
Not a Blackadder fan then Eds?!

Yes I am! Didn't recognise the line though lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:36 pm

I was only posting about the Queen because of 4everatwit trying to say the Queen would have disapproved of the people voting Leave...

When in fact it has been reported that she was not in favour of the eu...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I was only posting about the Queen because of 4everatwit trying to say the Queen would have disapproved of the people voting Leave...

When in fact it has been reported that she was not in favour of the eu...

I know. Like that's going to make a difference Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down