NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy rain, powerful winds to hit Ireland and southern England

4 posters

Go down

Heavy rain, powerful winds to hit Ireland and southern England Empty Heavy rain, powerful winds to hit Ireland and southern England

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:25 pm

The weather service has issued a weather warning as the furious Atlantic storm swirls towards the country.

It warns the storm will sweep Ireland tomorrow night with strong winds and heavy rain before pushing into the UK.

The potentially damaging storm, which the Met Office in Ireland has named Hannah, will also see heavy rain pour across England and Wales.

The UK Met Office said on Twitter: “#StormHannah has been named by @MetEireann.

“The storm will bring severe gales to Ireland on Friday night, with strong winds also expected for southern parts of the UK.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/774543/Weather-forecast-UK-Met-Office-Storm-Hannah-Ireland-wind-rain

While I of course hope nobody gets hurt, this is exciting to me -- growing up in North Texas, you get used to the occasional display of the stunning power of nature.

Ah, it'll probably peter out and amount to little.

Last edited by >THE Ben Reilly< on Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Heavy rain, powerful winds to hit Ireland and southern England Empty Re: Heavy rain, powerful winds to hit Ireland and southern England

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:34 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
The weather service has issued a weather warning as the furious Atlantic storm swirls towards the country.

It warns the storm will sweep Ireland tomorrow night with strong winds and heavy rain before pushing into the UK.

The potentially damaging storm, which the Met Office in Ireland has named Hannah, will also see heavy rain pour across England and Wales.

The UK Met Office said on Twitter: “#StormHannah has been named by @MetEireann.

“The storm will bring severe gales to Ireland on Friday night, with strong winds also expected for southern parts of the UK.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/774543/Weather-forecast-UK-Met-Office-Storm-Hannah-Ireland-wind-rain

While I of course hope nobody gets hurt, this is exciting to me -- growing up in North Texas, you get used to the occasional display of the stunning power of nature.

The Irish will bear the brunt of this "furious" storm with their usual good
humoured fortitude before buggering off to the Harp & Fiddle for a few pints of ale followed by Bushmills whiskey chasers.

Cornishmen will simply shrug their shoulders and say "so what's new?"

Welshmen will blame the English, as always.

And by the time it reaches my East Anglian homeland it will be little more than the strength of a hearty fart after a night on vindaloo curry and a trio of Carlsberg Special Brews.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Heavy rain, powerful winds to hit Ireland and southern England Empty Re: Heavy rain, powerful winds to hit Ireland and southern England

Post by Vintage Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

humoured fortitude before buggering off to the Harp & Fiddle for a few pints of ale followed by Bushmills whiskey chasers.

And by the time it reaches my East Anglian homeland it will be little more than the strength of a hearty fart after a night on vindaloo curry and a trio of Carlsberg Special Brews.

Cheeky!

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:02 am

Vintage wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Cheeky!

Watch it vintage. I'm told that in Hereford it is still legal to shoot invading Welshmen...so long as it is with a bow and arrow and not on a Sunday.

I may just move to Hereford!

(I now confidently expect Andy to condemn me as a Fascist Nazi Right Wing nutjob..........)
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:03 pm

I'll have to keep my head down then!
Where did I put that helmet, oh no its only my anti alien thought ray tinfoil hat.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Anything over a force 5 is a "furious storm"

If it ruffles the snowflakes hair its a catastophe here......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down