NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online

+5
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
'Wolfie
nicko
HoratioTarr
9 posters

Go down

Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online Empty Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:33 am

A 16-year-old girl has been arrested after she invited revellers to a luxury apartment, who went on to cause £40,000 worth of damage.

Party-goers tore down walls with sledgehammers at the flat in Belfast, which had been rented through booking.com by a woman who purchased the one-night stay for her daughter.

Despite the rules of the property clearly stating that parties were not allowed, the teenager took to Snapchat where she invited people to the flat on Saturday night.

Now the owner of the property has been left devastated, after vandals broke furniture and smashed windows during the party.

Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online 12366990-0-image-a-78_1555460513996Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online 12366876-6930205-Vandals_smashed_in_the_walls_with_sledge_hammers-a-79_1555460513999

Despite warnings against holding parties in the property, up to 40 youths descended on the property, which is usually let out to tourists.

Residents who witnessed the event said some people had even been scaling the railings of the building to try and get in.

Terrified neighbours said they feared their own homes would be attacked and told how they frantically dialled 999 on several occasions but were forced to wait up to 40 minutes before police arrived.

William now believes the mother who made the booking should also be arrested, and held accountable along with her daughter.

'I have been told that the repairs will cost around £40,000 which I have to cover myself.
Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online 12366878-6930205-image-a-64_1555460268253

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6930205/Girl-16-arrested-planning-party-Snapchat-revellers-caused-40k-damage.html

Last edited by HoratioTarr on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online Empty Re: Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:34 am

I'm speechless.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online Empty Re: Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online

Post by nicko Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Sue the girl , through the Parents, Quill, can they do that ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:42 pm

Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online 1399249160

The mother rented the house...

She should be the one to wear all the fallout -- and costs --  irrespective of who did the damage..

As for any teenagers organising parties on Snapchat/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram  --  fuckwits, the whole lot of them, as this kind of thing has been reoccuring for some years.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:54 pm

nicko wrote:Sue the girl , through the Parents,  Quill, can they do that ?

Absolutely.  In fact, the mother of the girl was the renter of the place ("... rented through booking.com by a woman who purchased the one-night stay for her daughter").

You don't even need parental liability.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:19 pm

Good. It's about time these stupid young people learnt to accept the consequences of their actions. There have been several stories about them putting party invitations on Facebook so that everyone turns up. They are responsible for that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Why on earth would you tear down walls at a party???
Doesn’t sound like much of a party to me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:24 pm

eddie wrote:Why on earth would you tear down walls at a party???

Teen-ager's, especially boys, think destruction is a show of virility and strength.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Teen-ager's, especially boys, think destruction is a show of virility and strength.

What happened to having a few drinks and dancing the night away? Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm

So this mother had booked a holiday home for her daughter to stay one day, was this girl alone? With friends? I would think its a recipe for some sort of adolescent disaster.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:57 am

Original Quill wrote:

back in my day it was being able to drink more than 2 pints of snakebite and still be able to vault over a waist high wall without stacking it

nowdays it's evolved into randomly smashing up someone else's gaff

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:02 am

So mum rents a flat for her UNDERAGE daughter to have a party because she doesn’t want her own house trashed and then gets upset because she has to pay for damages at a unsupervised party.

My lack of sympathy is overwhelming me.

Edit sorry I hope the owner sued the ass off of the mother to pay for the damages. Mother should be arrested as well.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:38 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What happened to having a few drinks and dancing the night away? Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online 2190311264

Exactly.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 pm

Cass wrote:So mum rents a flat for her UNDERAGE daughter to have a party because she doesn’t want her own house trashed and then gets upset because she has to pay for damages at a unsupervised party.

Edit sorry I hope the owner sued the ass off of the mother to pay for the damages. Mother should be arrested as well.

I quite agree. I’d go mad if one of my children did that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6930205/Girl-16-arrested-planning-party-Snapchat-revellers-caused-40k-damage.html

So . . . . mum rents a posh, pristine apartment for her 16 yo kid to have a free for all party.

What
Could
Go
Wrong??
. . .   Suspect Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online 2190311264

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online 12366990-0-image-a-78_1555460513996

Must've been some party. Girl, 16, is arrested after planning a party on Snapchat where revellers caused £40k of damage to property as they tear down walls with sledge hammers at holiday home her mother rented for her online 1363015401 
Looks like the kids were high as kites. The police probably needed to scrape them all off the ceiling first, before arrests could be made!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:10 am

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:So mum rents a flat for her UNDERAGE daughter to have a party because she doesn’t want her own house trashed and then gets upset because she has to pay for damages at a unsupervised party.

I quite agree. I’d go mad if one of my children did that.  

But that’s the thing Eds, we would never ever think about doing this for our children (renting the flat). Because we have common sense and good parenting skills. This mother on the other hand wanted to be best mates with her daughter instead of a mother.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down