NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just some of the violence in London this weekend

5 posters

Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:59 pm

Enfield murder probe after young woman plunges to her death from top floor of block of flats

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/enfield-murder-probe-after-young-woman-plunges-from-top-floor-of-block-of-flats-a4111841.html

Also from the same article...

In a separate incident a man was due to appear in court today after a 23-year-old woman was stabbed at a home in Holloway Road, Islington, on Saturday night.

Joseph Martelli, 22, of Holloway Road, was expected to appear at Highbury Corner magistrates’ court charged with attempted murder.

And...

In Leyton last night two men in their twenties  were taken to hospital after being shot in Francis Road. Their injuries were not life threatening and there have been no arrests.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Horrific. I remember the first time I was checking out the news here and they made such a huge deal about a guy being parked at a Tescos lot saying he had a gun.

I think police had him surrounded for hours, and all over the claim he had a gun. In Texas, police have to let you breeze down the road with a gun holstered and visible on your person.

But guns are banned here, so I understand why mention of a guy with a gun is big news. I bet shootings are rarer than astatine.

(That's the rarest mineral in the Earth's crust. I googled it.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by eddie Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:32 pm

The violence in London is getting beyond a fucking joke. I’m glad I don’t live there anymore...I have a teenage son.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:The violence in London is getting beyond a fucking joke. I’m glad I don’t live there anymore...I have a teenage son.

Who as you may recall, I once looked into getting a Kevlar hoodie for. It's worrisome.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:39 pm

And it doesn't let up on Monday -- three teens stabbed within minutes of each other in Waltham Forest. Thankfully, their injuries aren't life threatening:

https://news.sky.com/story/three-teenagers-stabbed-within-minutes-in-waltham-forest-area-of-north-london-11688157
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:16 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Horrific. I remember the first time I was checking out the news here and they made such a huge deal about a guy being parked at a Tescos lot saying he had a gun.

I think police had him surrounded for hours, and all over the claim he had a gun. In Texas, police have to let you breeze down the road with a gun holstered and visible on your person.

But guns are banned here, so I understand why mention of a guy with a gun is big news. I bet shootings are rarer than astatine.

No... shootings aren't that rare here at all...

Cos the criminals still have guns... and they are the ones that normally go around shooting people and doing armed robberies etc...

It's only the law abiding vast majority of people who are without guns to use for their own protection...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Horrific. I remember the first time I was checking out the news here and they made such a huge deal about a guy being parked at a Tescos lot saying he had a gun.

No... shootings aren't that rare here at all...

Cos the criminals still have guns... and they are the ones that normally go around shooting people and doing armed robberies etc...

It's only the law abiding vast majority of people who are without guns to use for their own protection...

They might not seem rare to you, but to me as an American, I can tell you that they're definitely rare compared the U.S.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:43 pm

There are around 800 incidents a year in London where guns are fired...

That is over 2 a day!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:05 am

Tommy Monk wrote:There are around 800 incidents a year in London where guns are fired...

That is over 2 a day!!!

Good luck. Take a look at Chicago. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:There are around 800 incidents a year in London where guns are fired...

That is over 2 a day!!!

Good luck.  Take a look at Chicago. Rolling Eyes

Maybe you could explain what is happening in Chicago...?

Would it be anything to do with law abiding citizens with legal guns...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:42 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good luck.  Take a look at Chicago. Rolling Eyes

Murders by firearms. There were 287 more murders in Chicago in 2016 than there were in 2015, a 60 percent increase. In total, the city’s homicide rate of 29 murders per 100,000 residents last year was nearly six times the national rate of 5 homicides per 100,000 Americans.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/chicago-ranks-12th-on-murder-capitals-list

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:41 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Murders by firearms.  There were 287 more murders in Chicago in 2016 than there were in 2015, a 60 percent increase. In total, the city’s homicide rate of 29 murders per 100,000 residents last year was nearly six times the national rate of 5 homicides per 100,000 Americans.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/chicago-ranks-12th-on-murder-capitals-list

So... who is it that's doin all this murdering...?

Is it law abiding legal gun owners... or criminal blacks with illegal guns...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:42 pm

It's in the last line of your post Tom
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Murders by firearms.  There were 287 more murders in Chicago in 2016 than there were in 2015, a 60 percent increase. In total, the city’s homicide rate of 29 murders per 100,000 residents last year was nearly six times the national rate of 5 homicides per 100,000 Americans.

The US rarely discriminates regarding color, when it comes to law or policy. Jim Crow laws were struck down years ago. Where the US discriminates is in enforcement. The 'Black-lives-matter' movement protests against murder by law enforcement, not legislators.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 pm

I asked a simple question...

Quill answers with waffle...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I asked a simple question...

Quill answers with waffle...

Waffle... Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Maybe quill can try again at answering the question I asked...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:39 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Maybe quill can try again at answering the question I asked...?

You never ask questions. You merely spew your racism and abandon the discussion as soon as it turns serious.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down