NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Far-right conspiracy theorist admits Sandy Hook shooting was real, says he was psychotic when he claimed it wasn't

+3
Cass
Maddog
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

Far-right conspiracy theorist admits Sandy Hook shooting was real, says he was psychotic when he claimed it wasn't Empty Far-right conspiracy theorist admits Sandy Hook shooting was real, says he was psychotic when he claimed it wasn't

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:52 pm

Far-right conspiracy theorist admits Sandy Hook shooting was real, says he was psychotic when he claimed it wasn't Alex-jones-i-am-an-angry-person-image_qel1sa

Alex Jones, the firebrand Infowars host and conspiracy peddler says in a sworn deposition that his false statements after the Sandy Hook killings were caused by a "psychosis."

Jones made the claim in response to a defamation lawsuit brought by family members of the victims of the 2012 massacre.

He faces eight lawsuits over his comments about the tragedy, including conspiracy theories that the shooting, that left 27 people dead, including 20 children, was a staged event and that parents of the victims lied about the deaths.

The three-hour deposition was posted online Friday by a Texas law firm, Kaster Lynch Farrar & Ball, LLP. Huffpost, which first reported on the deposition, has posted a full transcript online.

On the InfoWars channel that he founded, Jones has repeatedly suggested the Sandy Hook massacre was a "total hoax" carried out by crisis actors on behalf of opponents of the Second Amendment.

The lawsuit charges that Jones and InfoWars have "shocked the world with malicious statements about national tragedies, including the school shootings at Sandy Hook."

Two of the lawsuits "seek to hold Mr. Jones accountable for his vile assertions that the Sandy Hook parents were lying about what happened to their children, as well as his claims that these parents conspired with the media to fake news coverage," the law firm says.

In the disposition, Jones says "the public doesn’t believe what they’re told anymore" because of corruption by government and the "mainstream media."

"And I, myself, have almost had like a form of psychosis back in the past where I basically thought everything was staged, even though I’m now learning a lot of times things aren’t staged," Jones says.

Jones also noted that the "trauma" of the media "lying so much" has caused him to distrust everything.

At one point, he said that as the story "matured he has had a chance to believe that children died" at Sandy Hook, but add there are "still real anomalies in the attempt to basically keep it blacked out that generally, when you see that in government, something is being covered up.

Jones also tried to explain his bent toward conspiracies by saying he grew up in a small town in Texas where he would "watch the police deal drugs and then conduct anti-drug programs in the school."

"I was very anti-police until I grew up and learned more things, and now i'm pretty much pro police," he said. "So it's been a process."

"So long before these lawsuits I said that in the past I thought everything was a conspiracy and I would kind of get into that mass group-think of the communities that were out there saying that," Jones said. "And so now I see that it’s more in the middle. All right? So that’s where I stand."

Among other claims, Jones has suggested that Hillary Clinton was running a pedophile ring out of a Washington D.C., pizza restaurant and has argued that a yogurt company, in hiring refugees, has brought "migrant rapists" and tuberculosis to areas near the factories.

In 2015, then-presidential candidate Donald Trump appeared on the InfoWars show to praise Jones, saying, "Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down."

In December, former Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone, who has hosted a show on InfoWars, settled a $100 million lawsuit accusing him of publishing lies on the program.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/03/30/infowars-host-alex-jones-blames-psychosis-sandy-hook-claims/3318972002/

Never thought I'd see the day when Alex would sell out to the Deep State Fake News.

Sad!

Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Far-right conspiracy theorist admits Sandy Hook shooting was real, says he was psychotic when he claimed it wasn't Empty Re: Far-right conspiracy theorist admits Sandy Hook shooting was real, says he was psychotic when he claimed it wasn't

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:27 pm

He screwed up when he went after the parents of those dead kids and basically called them liars.  

You're allowed to be a kook, but there are limits and he crossed them.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Far-right conspiracy theorist admits Sandy Hook shooting was real, says he was psychotic when he claimed it wasn't Empty Re: Far-right conspiracy theorist admits Sandy Hook shooting was real, says he was psychotic when he claimed it wasn't

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:56 pm

Maddog wrote:He screwed up when he went after the parents of those dead kids and basically called them liars.  

What will be really bad is if he starts making videos where he claims that all the stuff he said in court was a lie -- he did that before, when he claimed in court that he's really just a performance artist and nothing he says in his videos is meant to be taken seriously, then came back in another video and said of course he means what he says.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:08 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Maddog wrote:He screwed up when he went after the parents of those dead kids and basically called them liars.  

What will be really bad is if he starts making videos where he claims that all the stuff he said in court was a lie -- he did that before, when he claimed in court that he's really just a performance artist and nothing he says in his videos is meant to be taken seriously, then came back in another video and said of course he means what he says.

Take this as a a very minor and small step in the right direction Ben

For a conspiracy nutball, to admit, they were once wrong on their warped paranoia. Is at least a step in the right direction

The guy its super paranoid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:06 am

phildidge wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Take this as a a very minor and small step in the right direction Ben

For a conspiracy nutball, to admit, they were once wrong on their warped paranoia. Is at least a step in the right direction

The guy its super paranoid.

It's very small indeed -- most of his supporters will ignore this and carry on exactly as before.

Just like most Donald Trump supporters still believe that Obama wasn't born in the U.S., despite this:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 am

Oh please. He knew damn well what he was doing.

He’s not a psychotic, he’s the lowest of asshats.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:32 pm

Cass wrote:Oh please. He knew damn well what he was doing.

He's a carnival barker, an entertainer.  

Did you ever listen to Art Bell late at night? Same sorta deal.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:20 pm

Anyone with a brain knew that this asshole was a psychopathic liar.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:02 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:Oh please. He knew damn well what he was doing.

He's a carnival barker, an entertainer.  

Did you ever listen to Art Bell late at night? Same sorta deal.

Bingo. Yeah I heard him a couple of times Rolling Eyes
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:21 pm

Lurker wrote:Anyone with a brain knew that this asshole was a psychopathic liar.

Tommy doesn't think he is.

But the first part of the sentence also applies to our Tom.
Village idiot doesn't do him justice.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:35 pm

Andy wrote:
Lurker wrote:Anyone with a brain knew that this asshole was a psychopathic liar.

Just why?

I don’t agree with Tommy on most things but he hasn’t even spoken on this thread.

Do you do this for kicks or what? You let yourself down big time. You are a funny, intelligent man and you keep pulling this stupid childish crap.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:42 pm

I don't see the point of suing him really. scratch
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't see the point of suing him really. scratch

Well hopefully he would lose what profits he made by these lies and second, it may hopefully be a deterrent to him and others.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:45 pm

Cass wrote:
Andy wrote:

Just why?

I don’t agree with Tommy on most things but he hasn’t even spoken on this thread.

Do you do this for kicks or what? You let yourself down big time. You are a funny, intelligent man and you keep pulling this stupid childish crap.

Because unfortunately, a lot of people answer the poster and not the post and it’s far easier to make bland statements and toss anger about, than it is to actually think about the topic. It’s far easier to assume a poster’s opinion than it is to actually just address what they say on the day.  Laziness and labelling.

Oh, and thanks for taking the time to pull him up on it.

Probably why intelligent and fair posters like you get bored by the shit of it all.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down