NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake

+2
Syl
HoratioTarr
6 posters

Go down

Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake Empty Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:04 pm

A transgender woman came under fire from This Morning viewers after she criticised rail workers who called her 'sir'.

Katie Yeomans, 66, who was known as David before she started transitioning in 2015, explained she was left feeling 'angry and insulted' after she was 'mis-gendered' by two members of Southern Rail staff.

Speaking on the programme, Katie explained a train guard first called her 'sir' when she asked for information on her route to Portsmouth.

On the second occasion, a ticket desk worker referred to her as 'sir' when she asked for directions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6830659/Transgender-woman-blasted-Morning-viewers-complaining-misgendered.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake Empty Re: Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Drag them to Tyburn on a hurdle, then hang draw and quarter the bastards!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake Empty Re: Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake

Post by Syl Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:42 pm

An easy mistake to make, given that she looks like a bloke. Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake 2190311264
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:46 pm

It used to make me laugh on Question time when Robin Day would get an audience members gender wrong....He would bark out "You sir, yes you...the one with his hand up...you Sir in the red sweater"
Poor woman would be looking mortified. Embarassed
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Syl wrote:An easy mistake to make, given that she looks like a bloke. Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake 2190311264

The voice is male, so if these ticket guys didn't see she was wearing a skirt, it's an easy mistake to make. No need for them to be sacked.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:23 pm

Get over it, you could well be called worse. Pink coat and scarf so men don't wear pink?
Why does everyone with a problem try to push it on everyone else, its good to be inclusive but sometimes people get it wrong, worse things happen.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Vintage wrote:Get over it, you could well be called worse. Pink coat and scarf so men don't wear pink?
Why does everyone with a problem try to push it on everyone else, its good to be inclusive but sometimes people get it wrong, worse things happen.

I thought pink and blue were out of fashion now for boys and girls? I've never worn pink in my life. Hate the colour.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:29 pm

I don't like pink much either.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:15 pm

There seem to be an awful lot of negative stories in the news about transgender people lately ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:18 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:There seem to be an awful lot of negative stories in the news about transgender people lately ...

Well when they’re about stupid dumb-ass people like this one... Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake 2190311264

And she makes one hell of an ugly woman. Just sayin’.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:52 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:An easy mistake to make, given that she looks like a bloke. Transgender woman who criticised Southern Rail staff for twice calling her 'SIR' is blasted by This Morning viewers who insist it was probably a genuine mistake 2190311264

The voice is male, so if these ticket guys didn't see she was wearing a skirt, it's an easy mistake to make.   No need for them to be sacked.
The voice, face, adams apple are all  masculine, she may feel feminine but she doesn't look it.
Expecting  two workers to be diciplined and attempting to claim compensation wont make any difference to the way strangers perceive her...I doubt the workers deliberately insulted her..

Some people expect the world to understand them but they show little understanding for others themselves.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:02 am

Syl wrote:It used to make me laugh on Question time when Robin Day would get an audience members gender wrong....He would bark out "You sir, yes you...the one with his hand up...you Sir in the red sweater"

This happened to me a few days ago Embarassed

I was teaching a large class of post grad students (1st time with this group) and nominating people for answers.

One girl, behind another student, was wearing glasses, a long sleeved striped shirt and had very short hair and was on the 'stocky' side (not fat, stocky).

From where I stood I thought honestly they were a boy and said as much (I usually ask for names when they answer a question). There was a laugh, which confused me, and both she and I went very red when she told me her name was Hayley Embarassed Laughing

I apologised then and later to her alone and it was fine Smile

I referred to anyone whose gender was ambiguous thereafter as 'the person in the ...'...

Lady in the OP needs to get a grip.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:13 am

Eilzel wrote:
Syl wrote:It used to make me laugh on Question time when Robin Day would get an audience members gender wrong....He would bark out "You sir, yes you...the one with his hand up...you Sir in the red sweater"

This happened to me a few days ago Embarassed

I was teaching a large class of post grad students (1st time with this group) and nominating people for answers.

One girl, behind another student, was wearing glasses, a long sleeved striped shirt and had very short hair and was on the 'stocky' side (not fat, stocky).

From where I stood I thought honestly they were a boy and said as much (I usually ask for names when they answer a question). There was a laugh, which confused me, and both she and I went very red when she told me her name was Hayley Embarassed Laughing

I apologised then and later to her alone and it was fine Smile

I referred to anyone whose gender was ambiguous thereafter as 'the person in the ...'...

Lady in the OP needs to get a grip.
Lol.
It just shows that  sometimes gender can be confused with unisex hairstyles and clothes.

It doesn't mean anyone is deliberately trying to insult anyone, and when it happens, I bet that just like you, the person who feels the most embarrased is the one who made the innocent mistake.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down