NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blame Game Madness

2 posters

Go down

Blame Game Madness Empty Blame Game Madness

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Imagine you were passionate in your belief that all British Muslims were responsible for the 7/7 bombings on the Tube, the Manchester concert hall massacre, or the car-ramming on Westminster bridge. Imagine that you cranked out 1000 words on your highly emotive and emotional reasons for coming to this conclusion. Who would publish it? Certainly no respectable newspaper, magazine or journal – printed or online – would give you the space. No, you’d most certainly have to send it to some crank-conspiracy site.

Additionally, you would most likely would attract the attention of the police if it left that eco-system and found its way onto Facebook or Twitter, and they might have a reasonable chance of making the charge of “incitement to racial hatred” stick.

What you most certainly would not get is a feature in Slate magazine.

That is, unless you come from an oblique angle and declare that the entire white race is responsible for the terrorist attack in New Zealand… in which case, go mad! Oh wait, you already are:
I’m a white Australian. I know that blaming myself and my cohort is illogical, but I can’t escape the feeling that all of white Australia is implicated in the deaths—a white majority that has fomented and let foment hate.

Regardless, the blame game is lurching full tilt towards its fuzzy goal, whatever that is. I’m not sure if it is about settling political scores, or merely some millennial catharsis. It’s hard to say.

One voice of reason is radio personality and a founder of Quilliam, Maajid Nawaz who tweets:

READ & RT: after jihadist attacks, we rightly hear from the left that we mustn’t blame all Muslims. So why after New Zealand have these same voices blamed media, the right wing & those who critique Islam. We must stop exploiting the dead for our politics.

There is not much to add to his piece for the Daily Beast. Let sanity prevail.

http://hurryupharry.org/2019/03/19/blame-game-madness/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-new-zealand-mosque-massacre-blame-game-is-out-of-control

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/christchurch-shootings-white-australian-guilt-new-zealand.html

Back to top Go down

Blame Game Madness Empty Re: Blame Game Madness

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Yeah, that's some fucked-up bullshit. Same thing as blaming all Muslims for terrorist attacks, or all blacks for stabbings in London.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:07 pm

he said white Australia and there is a little bit more reference to our politics there

are we doing enough to combat hate speech and incitement of violence?
or in the interests of being seen to fair are we allowing the white extremists among us too much opportunity to preach their poison?
what does the middle actually stand for? should they punish political parties at the polling booths that ferment this sort of division and give white supremacy Demagogues a podium?

we need to ask ourselves the same sort of questions we expect other communities to ask themselves, are we doing our part to make the world better?
Australia probably is letting the side down at the moment ....

thankfully there was already a feeling that the mainstream RW party needed to be punished at the polls for making too many moves to appease the Far RW loons ... events like Christchurch really drive home the point.

the crazies don't care that someone like Trump didn't openly directly say it, he implied it heavily enough where they knew what he meant .. so they acted on it Evil or Very Mad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:28 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Yeah, that's some fucked-up bullshit. Same thing as blaming all Muslims for terrorist attacks, or all blacks for stabbings in London.

Or all trump supporters racists and stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Yeah, that's some fucked-up bullshit. Same thing as blaming all Muslims for terrorist attacks, or all blacks for stabbings in London.

Or all trump supporters racists and stupid

Never said that, nor do I believe that -- and neither does Hillary Clinton, by the way.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down