NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you speak, do you help your cause, or hurt it?

+3
Maddog
JulesV
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

When you speak, do you help your cause, or hurt it? Empty When you speak, do you help your cause, or hurt it?

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 pm

The NAACP in America was looking for somebody to rally behind, who was blameless but was treated horribly because of racist policies.

They settled on Rosa Parks and her story of refusing to give up her bus seat to a white person after a day of back-breaking labor, but what not many people know is that they considered several other people who suffered similar treatment before her.

The NAACP dug into these people's personal lives and found things that could be used against them -- one woman, as I recall, got pregnant as a teenager, which was much more of a scandal back in the 1960s.

The point is, if you want to promote a cause, you should promote it in such a way that nobody can find fault with the way you express yourself. If you believe in a cause but you make an ass of yourself, you are actually hurting your cause rather than helping it.

Several posters here should bare this in mind before they throw around nastiness and personal insults.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

When you speak, do you help your cause, or hurt it? Empty Re: When you speak, do you help your cause, or hurt it?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:08 pm

you mean like the time when clinton went and called every person who was thinking of voting for trump a "basket of deplorables" and in doing so pissed off everyone who was even remotely thinking of voting for him thereby ensuring that they definitely voted for him??

Back to top Go down

When you speak, do you help your cause, or hurt it? Empty Re: When you speak, do you help your cause, or hurt it?

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:30 am

How do you know this?

Show evidence of the exit polls, telephone surveys, etc which you personally conducted, to prove you know why certain people voted a certain way. Or were they all your personal buddies?

Trump was involved in more name calling than his opponent. He insulted everyone.  He was not religious and years ago he called Christians and Christianity disparaging names yet God fearing Christians form a large part of his fan base. So let's not pretend name calling and hurt feelings mattered either way.

People vote primarily for whoever they think will make their future more financially secure, it's not hurt feelings which decide the result.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:46 am

Jules wrote:How do you know this?

Show evidence of the exit polls, telephone surveys, etc which you personally conducted, to prove you know why certain people voted a certain way. Or were they all your personal buddies?

Trump was involved in more name calling than his opponent. He insulted everyone.  He was not religious and years ago he called Christians and Christianity disparaging names yet God fearing Christians form a large part of his fan base. So let's not pretend name calling and hurt feelings mattered either way.

People vote primarily for whoever they think will make their future more financially secure, it's not hurt feelings which decide the result.

Clinton lost a few states by small margins. Not insulting potential voters may have gotten her an extra 1-2% of the voters in handful of states, which would have given her the presidency.

Insults won't move a lot of voters, but all it takes is the movement of a few to make a difference. Like this.

Fully 12 percent of people who voted for Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., in the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries voted for Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon in the general election. That is according to the data from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study — a massive election survey of around 50,000 people. (For perspective, a run-of-the-mill survey measuring Trump's job approval right now has a sample of 800 to 1,500.)

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/545812242/1-in-10-sanders-primary-voters-ended-up-supporting-trump-survey-finds
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:09 am

Jules wrote:How do you know this?

You want more proof than trump being president??

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:25 am

The title is about cussing. Trump cussed out everyone. Far more so, than Hilary ever did yet her one insult is being held up as the game changer.

Apart from Christians here's another of the many groups he mortally insulted >
When you speak, do you help your cause, or hurt it? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1k-bQlVjOR3nNTNcoOEbH_6T3xBNeQe6hn1Gy5752lNl0NL-R

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:59 pm

Jules wrote:The title is about cussing. Trump cussed out everyone. Far more so, than Hilary ever did yet her one insult is being held up as the game changer.

When you speak, do you help your cause, or hurt it? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1k-bQlVjOR3nNTNcoOEbH_6T3xBNeQe6hn1Gy5752lNl0NL-R

Er what??

That was a comment he made in general about rep voters in 199 fucking 8

Clinton made her comment during the election

Big difference

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 pm

In fairness, though I personally think he'd have been right, I think it was disproven that he ever called Republicans dumb Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:31 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Several posters here should bare this in mind before they throw around nastiness and personal insults.

don't do that ben. if you're going to bring posters into your thread in that fashion, perhaps you would be good enough to name those who you mean,,,,,,

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:31 pm

Jules wrote:The title is about cussing. Trump cussed out everyone. Far more so, than Hilary ever did yet her one insult is being held up as the game changer.

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fact-checks/statements/2018/dec/18/blog-posting/no-donald-trump-did-not-call-republican-voters-dum/

Psssssst. That's a fake quote. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Maddog wrote:
Psssssst. That's a fake quote.   Wink
Pssst some sites say he said it, some sites say he didn't. Wink

Maybe it was a comment that stayed on 'the cutting room floor' after he whispered it to the interviewer.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:10 pm

Myself I made a judgement on who to believe based on the awful stuff he openly said during his campaign.  

eg  >
Spoiler:

If he can say such outrageous things /\ /\ in public I have no difficulty believing what he allegedly whispered in private.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:56 am

Jules wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Psssssst. That's a fake quote.   Wink
Pssst some sites say he said it, some sites say he didn't. Wink

Maybe it was a comment that stayed on 'the cutting room floor' after he whispered it to the interviewer.

I cited a legitimate source. I would avail myself to it if I was ever in doubt.

There is no doubt sites that say he said it.

David Icke has a site that says your Queen is an Iguana.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:14 am

David Icke has a site that says your Queen is an Iguana.  

On YT, comments about the royals often mention that they are lizards.
Iguanas to be precise.

That's plain ludicrous!!  
Geckos ? - yes.
Iguanas ? - no way!  tongue

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:56 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:you mean like the time when clinton went and called every person who was thinking of voting for trump a "basket of deplorables" and in doing so pissed off everyone who was even remotely thinking of voting for him thereby ensuring that they definitely voted for him??

You're wrong; she never said that.

Since I'm pretty sure you only read the "basket of deplorables" quote on its own, here's some context -- just for the sake of accuracy.

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people -- now 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks -- they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America."

"But the other basket -- and I know this because I see friends from all over America here -- I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas -- as well as, you know, New York and California -- but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:04 pm

Re the OP. If you’re fighting a cause you should stay calm, stay classy and stay focused - not on the outcome - but on what your heart says.

And above all, listen to others otherwise you won’t learn.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:08 pm

In other words...

BE TEACHABLE. YOU’RE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:09 pm

eddie wrote:In other words...

Besides me, you mean Cool
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:13 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Dude I had to keep editing that post cos I spelleded so many things wrong! And I missed the apostrophe thing in “you’re”.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

what do you call a monkey with a machine gun????

anything it wants you to...........
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:51 am

Victorismyhero wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

an experiment Twisted Evil
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:

Grim Reaper

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:29 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:you mean like the time when clinton went and called every person who was thinking of voting for trump a "basket of deplorables" and in doing so pissed off everyone who was even remotely thinking of voting for him thereby ensuring that they definitely voted for him??

You're wrong; she never said that.

Since I'm pretty sure you only read the "basket of deplorables" quote on its own, here's some context -- just for the sake of accuracy.

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people -- now 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks -- they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America."

"But the other basket -- and I know this because I see friends from all over America here -- I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas -- as well as, you know, New York and California -- but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."

I'm prefee my version

And I'm rolling with it.

Before you start bitching about fake news

You allow links to CNN and the new york time and Washington Post, and a whole host of others, while freaking out over Ben Shep***

Some of Those MSM you say are credible are about to get grabbed by their pussys and hate fucked by nick sandmann, precisely because they lied.

Precisely because they are fake news.

So yeah, I'm calling Clinton out for saying trump supporters are a basket of deplorables

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:31 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:32 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:

Am I the only one struggling to tell the difference??

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:47 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:

Am I the only one struggling to tell the difference??

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Basemented until further notice.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:27 pm

I won't tolerate posts like this, even if they were meant as a joke. Jokes like this should be reserved for company that knows you and knows you are joking. Even if you meant it as a joke, it just looks like a racist comment when posted anonymously on a forum.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:22 am

On a forum you can only make jokes that the general public don’t find funny (I’m not sure what they are but...) in private, those jokes can be told among whites and blacks if you’re with the “right kind of crowd” ie people that can banter that way. It all depends upon the person.

So for that reason, I stand by the admin decision.

But I do know, that some people who find jokes like this funny - that are Un-Pc - can only do so in private.

I rarely get offended but I abide by the forum rules and this joke, by forum ruling, is unacceptable.

Oh, and the “joke” wasn’t even that funny, I mean the black/chimpanzee thing is so old that even black people don’t use it anymore.
Get out more smells. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:30 am

given the time it was posted, its perhaps as well Eil saw it first, by that time I was well asleep (I DO sleep now and again you know).

Firstly smelly you presume too much in your PM...arrogance isnt a nice characteristic.

secondly you know well enough my attitude towards overt racism (which this was)

thirdly and this is for Andy's consumption since he seems to want a fight, given his post in the
fight club....What did I ban Major for.....I'll wait for your answer...but I guess, having one of those "convenient" memories that only ever can remember whats convenient for you, you wont have ONE.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down