NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The proof we STILL live in a man's world: Phones too big for our palms, chilly offices, cars designed for male drivers - a fascinating new book reveals the little ways life really is stacked against women

+3
veya_victaous
Victorismyhero
SEXY MAMA
7 posters

Go down

The proof we STILL live in a man's world: Phones too big for our palms, chilly offices, cars designed for male drivers - a fascinating new book reveals the little ways life really is stacked against women Empty The proof we STILL live in a man's world: Phones too big for our palms, chilly offices, cars designed for male drivers - a fascinating new book reveals the little ways life really is stacked against women

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:27 pm

Have you ever struggled to reach a high bookshelf? Shivered in a freezing office in July? Or tried — unsuccessfully — to use voice recognition technology?

All these daily irritations are examples of what happens when women have to use products, software and spaces that have been designed by men, for men. They fail to take into account women’s typically smaller size and different needs.

This gender data gap is not generally malicious or even deliberate. But it can be deadly — like crashing in a car whose safety measures don’t account for the height and weight of women’s bodies. This is what I mean when I say women are ‘invisible’. We are living in a world made for men, itself a product of a way of thinking that has been around for millennia — and which is, therefore, a kind of not thinking.

It comes from assuming that a male viewpoint is the ‘default’, while women — half of the global population — are a niche interest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6805511/The-proof-live-mans-world.html

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The proof we STILL live in a man's world: Phones too big for our palms, chilly offices, cars designed for male drivers - a fascinating new book reveals the little ways life really is stacked against women Empty Re: The proof we STILL live in a man's world: Phones too big for our palms, chilly offices, cars designed for male drivers - a fascinating new book reveals the little ways life really is stacked against women

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:36 pm

lol, every single office work place I have ever worked in, always caters to the women. When it comes to heating and air condition and when summer, they want the air con turned off and get their way every single time.

Back to top Go down

The proof we STILL live in a man's world: Phones too big for our palms, chilly offices, cars designed for male drivers - a fascinating new book reveals the little ways life really is stacked against women Empty Re: The proof we STILL live in a man's world: Phones too big for our palms, chilly offices, cars designed for male drivers - a fascinating new book reveals the little ways life really is stacked against women

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 pm

phildidge wrote:lol, every single office work place I have ever worked in, always caters to the women. When it comes to heating and air condition and when summer, they want the air con turned off and get their way every single time.

Lol

In the office were there more women than Men?

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:53 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
phildidge wrote:lol, every single office work place I have ever worked in, always caters to the women. When it comes to heating and air condition and when summer, they want the air con turned off and get their way every single time.

Lol

In the office were there more women than Men?

I guess in most cases yes, but at least in two cases, no and they still got their way.... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:07 pm

oh dear....

stop moaning woman...theres a reason why women have smaller feet than men Basketball
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 pm

fuck the office temp argument
where more clothes!!!!!
problem solved
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:44 pm

also the size argument is sexist
Heaps of women are bigger than men
African, Pacific Islander and Northern European women are normally bigger than east Asian men.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:48 pm

veya_victaous wrote:fuck the office temp argument
where more clothes!!!!!
problem solved

Yet in winter men have to shed clothes, as its too hot mate in the offices

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:47 am

On the phones argument - they were getting smaller, until smartphones came along and everyone started wanting to watch movies on a 5 inch screen (can't imagine anything less enjoyable myself, but that's me).

I much preferred the pre-iphone days where a phone was super easy to use in one hand Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:02 am

Re the temperature thing, I work with several woman, and some of them are walking around in short sleeves in the middle of winter, whilst I'm wearing thermals and a fleece. Laughing

Re cars, it seems to me that there are loads of cars which are suited to woman. Would it be right to say that in general women prefer small cars, unless they need to need to ferry a lot of kids around? There are loads of gorgeous small cars these days - I have one myself.

Re phones, I wouldn't know about that. I have a tiny phone which doesn't have the internet.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:50 pm

All I have to say is this: Rolling Eyes

Women love to fucking moan. They moan more than men, especially in the workplace. I’d rather work with a bunch of men, less gossip, less bitching and far less being sensitive over every fucking little thing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:55 pm

eddie wrote:All I have to say is this: Rolling Eyes

Women love to fucking moan. They moan more than men, especially in the workplace. I’d rather work with a bunch of men, less gossip, less bitching and far less being sensitive over every fucking little thing.

When I was covering high school sports, a lot of the volleyball coaches were really forthcoming with me, because it's a girls sport and definitely doesn't get the same level of coverage as football. They worked harder to make sure we had something interesting to write about than the football coaches ever did.

I remember one coach saying, "We really have a rare team this year, they're really close-knit and they act like a family." Par for the course until she added, "Just about every team I've ever coached has been really catty; it's exhausting."

Not to say that women shouldn't be treated equally and have the same opportunities as men, but far too many women act like they have no flaws. Human beings have flaws; women are human beings; thus women are flawed.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down