NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazon Pulls Book That Claims Bathing in Bleach Cures Autism

2 posters

Go down

Amazon Pulls Book That Claims Bathing in Bleach Cures Autism Empty Amazon Pulls Book That Claims Bathing in Bleach Cures Autism

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Amazon has pulled two “autism cure” books from its online marketplace, including one that suggests ingesting and bathing in a potentially toxic form of bleach. Amazon confirmed the books, Healing the Symptoms Known as Autism and Fight Autism and Win, are no longer being sold. The company didn’t say why they had been removed, but it comes after a Wired report criticized Amazon for offering pseudoscientific books that recommend dangerous methods for “reversing” autism. NBC News reports Healing the Symptoms Known as Autism praised the healing power of chlorine dioxide, a form of bleach that the Food and Drug Administration warns can cause “severe nausea, vomiting, and life-threatening low blood pressure from dehydration.” Fight Autism and Win tells parents that chelation—an unproven treatment that involves medicating a child with an antidote for mercury poisoning—can also cure autism.

READ IT AT NBC NEWS

Back to top Go down

Amazon Pulls Book That Claims Bathing in Bleach Cures Autism Empty Re: Amazon Pulls Book That Claims Bathing in Bleach Cures Autism

Post by eddie Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Jesus! Some people are bloody stupid! Who would honestly believe or buy a book like that?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Amazon Pulls Book That Claims Bathing in Bleach Cures Autism Empty Re: Amazon Pulls Book That Claims Bathing in Bleach Cures Autism

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:13 pm

eddie wrote:Jesus! Some people are bloody stupid! Who would honestly believe or buy a book like that?

What gets me, is why would anyone actually buy into such harmful nonsense?

Not only that, why would anyone want their child cured from being austic?

I get some cases are so extreme that they find it difficult to socialize, but in the main austic children are of a high IQ.

Books like this are a public health risk

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:26 pm

I quite agree. I’m all for looking into alternative remedies, like herbs for example, but bleach? Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:13 pm

eddie wrote:I quite agree. I’m all for looking into alternative remedies, like herbs for example, but bleach? Shocked

It works on chiggers and poison ivy. Doctors don't recommend it, but lots of folks swear by it.

Not sure if you have either in the UK. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down