NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India

5 posters

Go down

Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India Empty Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India

Post by eddie Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:32 pm

The Daily Mail reported that some birds have even trained themselves not to squawk when descending on the fields, swooping in and out like silent ninjas.

Poppy farmers in the state of Madhya Pradesh in India have reportedly run into some trouble while cultivating this season's crops. In addition to inconsistent rainfall putting a damper on things, flocks of persistent parrots — presumed to be addicted to opium — are rampaging through the poppy farms, sometimes making 40 visits a day to get their fix.

"One poppy flower gives around 20 to 25 grams of opium. But a large group of parrots feed on these plants around 30 to 40 times a day," one poppy cultivator in the Neemuch district of central India told Indian news site NDTV.com. "This affects the produce. These opium-addicted parrots are wreaking havoc."

According to NDTV, bird raids have become a daily menace in the poppy fields, and farmers claim to be sustaining significant crop losses thanks to these poppy-seeking parrots. Some birds have been filmed tearing into unripe poppy pods (where opium-rich milk resides), while others use their beaks and claws to snip off the plants at their stalks and fly away with entire intact pods.

https://www.livescience.com/64908-parrots-poppy-farm-india.html

Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India 3489511464
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India Empty Re: Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:35 pm

Very interesting! Scientists have noticed that a lot of the smartest animals have developed some way of getting intoxicated. I wonder if this is another sign of parrot intelligence? I believe the so-called smartest animal ever was a parrot.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India Empty Re: Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India

Post by Maddog Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 am

I wonder what parrot tastes like? Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India 3755771736 Opium-Addicted Parrots Are Terrorizing Poppy Farms in India 3922118137
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:43 am

Shit , I tried one once !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:26 pm

nicko wrote:Shit , I tried one once !

Doesn’t it taste a bit like chicken?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:52 pm

whats the penalty for flying under the influence?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:54 pm

Lord Foul wrote:whats the penalty for flying under the influence?

Don’t know...but what a way to travel!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:10 am

Eddie, it did taste a bit like Chicken, but every time I stuck my Fork in, it said "whose a pretty boy then"!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:47 pm

nicko wrote:Eddie, it did taste a bit like Chicken, but every time I stuck my Fork in,  it said "whose a pretty boy then"!

What a dickhead! Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:58 pm

nicko...was it dead....aka a polygon ?

ok I know hat, coat >>>>>>>>
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Lord Foul wrote:nicko...was it dead....aka a polygon ?

ok I know   hat, coat >>>>>>>>

Yeah....you need to leave.... Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down