NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO EVIDENCE OF RUSSIA COLLUSION Investigation Concludes

+2
Ben Reilly
eddie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NO EVIDENCE OF RUSSIA COLLUSION Investigation Concludes - Page 2 Empty NO EVIDENCE OF RUSSIA COLLUSION Investigation Concludes

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Back to top Go down

NO EVIDENCE OF RUSSIA COLLUSION Investigation Concludes - Page 2 Empty Re: NO EVIDENCE OF RUSSIA COLLUSION Investigation Concludes

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:13 pm

smelly b wrote:so you have gone from "we gonna impeach and arrest and sentence to prison" to "mmmmmmm maybe we will get him on something at sometime in the future"

mans gotta have a dream i suppose

You bet. My grandest pleasure will be Dad watching two sons, a daughter and a son-in-law, marching out of court in orange jump suits.

O'course, he'll probably make up a story. It's no loss...I barely knew them. I never knew their names, and they were only on the job for a few days. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

NO EVIDENCE OF RUSSIA COLLUSION Investigation Concludes - Page 2 Empty Re: NO EVIDENCE OF RUSSIA COLLUSION Investigation Concludes

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:20 am

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s long-awaited Russia report could be delivered to Attorney General William Barr as early as next week, CNN reports. Once Mueller is finished, the report on his nearly two-year long probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election will be submitted to Barr at the Justice Department—who will then decide how much of the report should be shared with Congress and the public. During his Senate confirmation hearing earlier this year, Barr told Congress that it’s “very important” that the results be shared with lawmakers and the public. “My goal will be to provide as much transparency as I can consistent with the law,” he said. “I can assure you that, where judgments are to be made by me, I will make those judgments based solely on the law and will let no personal, political, or other improper interests influence my decisions.”

READ IT AT CNN

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Thor wrote:Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s long-awaited Russia report could be delivered to Attorney General William Barr as early as next week, CNN reports. Once Mueller is finished, the report on his nearly two-year long probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election will be submitted to Barr at the Justice Department—who will then decide how much of the report should be shared with Congress and the public. During his Senate confirmation hearing earlier this year, Barr told Congress that it’s “very important” that the results be shared with lawmakers and the public. “My goal will be to provide as much transparency as I can consistent with the law,” he said. “I can assure you that, where judgments are to be made by me, I will make those judgments based solely on the law and will let no personal, political, or other improper interests influence my decisions.”

READ IT AT CNN

So, you see?  Trump and the Russo-Repubics are setting up an antagonism between law and politics, acting like politics is the "improper interest".  Yet, in the same breath they will tell us that the law does not permit indicting a sitting president, and the only remedy is impeachment--a political remedy.

That will be Trump's 'get-out-of-jail' card: they can't indict me, but the political answer is no good, because...well, it's just “improper interest” politics.

Which brings me to the real question: since when does our democracy become a bad word, and an unacceptable endeavor when confronted by law?  Democracy requires complete transparency, but in the eyes of the law such clarity becomes "leaks" and "fake news".  Somewhere we've got to realize that we are making it illegal to participate in democracy.

Perhaps this is how leadership becomes treason.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thor wrote:Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s long-awaited Russia report could be delivered to Attorney General William Barr as early as next week, CNN reports. Once Mueller is finished, the report on his nearly two-year long probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election will be submitted to Barr at the Justice Department—who will then decide how much of the report should be shared with Congress and the public. During his Senate confirmation hearing earlier this year, Barr told Congress that it’s “very important” that the results be shared with lawmakers and the public. “My goal will be to provide as much transparency as I can consistent with the law,” he said. “I can assure you that, where judgments are to be made by me, I will make those judgments based solely on the law and will let no personal, political, or other improper interests influence my decisions.”

READ IT AT CNN

So, you see?  Trump and the Russo-Repubics are setting up an antagonism between law and politics, acting like politics is the "improper interest".  Yet, in the same breath they will tell us that the law does not permit indicting a sitting president, and the only remedy is impeachment--a political remedy.

That will be Trump's 'get-out-of-jail' card: they can't indict me, but the political answer is no good, because...well, it's just “improper interest” politics.

Which brings me to the real question: since when does our democracy become a bad word, and an unacceptable endeavor when confronted by law?  Democracy requires complete transparency, but in the eyes of the law such clarity becomes "leaks" and "fake news".  Somewhere we've got to realize that we are making it illegal to participate in democracy.

Perhaps this is how leadership becomes treason.

I see a media report

How do you make a conviction based on that report?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:20 pm

It's a quote out of Attorney General Barr's testimony, under oath, to the US Senate at his confirmation hearing.

It's pretty serious business to lie to Congress.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:11 pm

New York Manhattan DA's office is bringing New York state charges against Paul Manafort.  They are expected to be the same charges that the former Trump campaign manager has been either convicted of, or for which he has pleaded guilty.

However, President Trump has hinted that he intends to pardon all of his cronies who are convicted for the many and varied crimes committed during his administration.  A state court conviction is a separate jurisdiction, where the President has no pardon power.

This is widely seen as an insurance policy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2