NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women's brains appear three years younger than men's

3 posters

Go down

Women's brains appear three years younger than men's Empty Women's brains appear three years younger than men's

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:41 am

Women's brains appear to be three years younger than men's of the same age, according to a new study on brain metabolism. The findings could explain why women maintain their cognitive skills longer than men.

Time wears differently on women's and men's brains. While the brain tends to shrink with age, men's diminish faster than women's. The brain's metabolism slows as people grow older, and this, too, may differ between men and women.

A new study from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis finds that women's brains appear to be about three years younger than men's of the same chronological age, metabolically speaking. The findings, available online the week of Feb. 4 in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, could be one clue to why women tend to stay mentally sharp longer than men.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190204172217.htm

Back to top Go down

Women's brains appear three years younger than men's Empty Re: Women's brains appear three years younger than men's

Post by nicko Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 am

That's because it doesn't get so much use !--- I'll get my coat !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Women's brains appear three years younger than men's Empty Re: Women's brains appear three years younger than men's

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:08 am

nicko wrote:That's because it doesn't get so much use !---     I'll get my coat !

Smile

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:18 am

nicko wrote:That's because it doesn't get so much use !---     I'll get my coat !

lol!

lol +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Cheeky. lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down