NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALL Transgender Athletes BANNED From Competitive Sport - Power Lifting

5 posters

Go down

ALL Transgender Athletes BANNED From Competitive Sport -  Power Lifting Empty ALL Transgender Athletes BANNED From Competitive Sport - Power Lifting

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:13 am

Back to top Go down

ALL Transgender Athletes BANNED From Competitive Sport -  Power Lifting Empty Re: ALL Transgender Athletes BANNED From Competitive Sport - Power Lifting

Post by nicko Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 am

I agree, where strength is the main object to winning,that is a no brainer !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

ALL Transgender Athletes BANNED From Competitive Sport -  Power Lifting Empty Re: ALL Transgender Athletes BANNED From Competitive Sport - Power Lifting

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:00 pm

nicko wrote:I agree, where  strength is the main object to winning,that is a no brainer !

Agreed mate. Nobody else is allowed to use sport enhancing drugs. So why should there be an excpetion here?

Let alone where people have grownn up biologically as men, to form far stronger bodies. To then think some drugs would dampen the bone denisty and muscle mass? Its simple absurd and my fears is some are using the view to use gender identity. To abuse the system.

I certainly feel for people who believe they are trapped in the wrong body. That though does not mean, they should supercede the rights of others. As this is within the mind and not body structure.

We have to come to a sensible way, that also transgenders can compete in sport and not at the expense of the rights of women for example.

I really fear that someone of such body mass, enters boxing fighting women as a trans women. It would simple be a bloodbath.

Hence some sports to me require restrictions. As in  no other aspects, do we allow beliefs to be forced onto people. Its why there is men and female categories and in some cases age categories. The reality is average male sports people can and could take advantage of crossing over to the women sports participation and come to dominate this, as transgender.

Laters mate

When it was put to the psychologist Dr Beth Jones that it could lead to no woman playing for a British team again, her response was startling. “They may, they may not. That is all in the future to be determined,” she said. Told that the idea would seem a “horrifying prospect” for those who believe in the importance of female sport, Jones replied that women might also push themselves more. “There is a bit of an argument, academically, that perhaps women cap their capability psychologically because they are competing against other women,” she added. “If they feel they’re then competing against men – perhaps they would up their performance and be competing on more of that level.”

But the biological gap is real – and David Epstein’s brilliant book, The Sports Gene, has numerous examples that show it. As Epstein notes, up until the age of 10, girls and boys have similar bodies and their top running speeds are almost identical. But after puberty, “when boys are literally on natural steroids”, men’s and women’s records “are no longer in the same athletic universe”.

In athletics the rule of thumb places the elite performance gap at 11% – that is the top 10 men at any distance from 100m to an ultramarathon are about 11% faster than the top 10 women. The scientific evidence also shows that, on average, men have 80% more muscle mass in their upper bodies and 55% more in their legs. These are massive advantages – and they explain why a single category across all men’s and women’s sport would not work. Men would dominate every sport where speed, strength or power matters.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/dec/10/calls-athletes-compete-group-resisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:53 pm

One of the drawbacks to living in a society where people can openly profess to be the sex they believe they should be, and are enabled medically to change sex.
Sometimes compromises have to be made. Once you have been a man and now identify as a woman, you must accept that there will be certain things in life that are no longer open to you.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:27 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:47 am

Syl wrote:One of the drawbacks to living in a society where people can openly profess to be the sex they believe they should be, and are enabled medically to change sex.
Sometimes compromises have to be made. Once you have been a man and now identify as a woman, you must accept that there will be certain things in life that are no longer open to you.

That's the crux of it. There are many aspects where who or what someone is will cut them off from certain options in life, this is just another one of those.

I've always been saddened that chronic laziness and a love of chocolate has stopped me from being a professional athlete. It took me a while to accept that too Razz
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:53 am

Eilzel wrote:
Syl wrote:One of the drawbacks to living in a society where people can openly profess to be the sex they believe they should be, and are enabled medically to change sex.

That's the crux of it. There are many aspects where who or what someone is will cut them off from certain options in life, this is just another one of those.

I've always been saddened that chronic laziness and a love of chocolate has stopped me from being a professional athlete. It took me a while to accept that too Razz

Yet its even getting more bonkers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6707155/Men-called-mothers-no-longer-gender-specific-term.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6702845/Judge-calls-review-fertility-laws-transgender-man-gives-birth-using-sperm-donor.html

For example, had did now a Transgender man gain access to fertility treatment?

This is only accesable for women in the UK and yet this invdividual is now legally a man

The point about sports is how some argue there is little in strengh differences, which to me is blatantly absurd, once children reach puberty.

Before puberty  boys and girls are roughly the same in  physical strengh. This changes dramatically, once kids reach purperty.

This graph in grip strengh shows just how much males are stronger than women over age.

ALL Transgender Athletes BANNED From Competitive Sport -  Power Lifting 24q7mk1ooecx

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Maybe they will create a new Olympic event that involves eating chocolate?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Maddog wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Maybe they will create a new Olympic event that involves eating chocolate?

I think I may be a good contender for a medal there.cheers  I have always had a great capacity for chocolate eating, my stamina knows no bounds.
And that could be an event open to all SLBGT entrants and anything else in between...if there is anything else in between. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:29 pm

For foot races rowing races, even bike races, you could use a handicap system as in horse racing, using extra weight, time handicap or giving others a start equivalent to the difference.
A for a choc competition you may have a fight on your hands, Syl and Eilzel.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Vintage wrote:For foot races rowing races, even bike races, you could use a handicap system as in horse racing, using extra weight, time handicap or giving others a start equivalent to the difference.
A for a choc competition you may have a fight on your hands, Syl and Eilzel.

Or even simpler, have a different category for transgenders
Many of the Transgender women, will have grown up as men, thus developing a far greater muscle mass over that of biological women, having far greater strengh.

Its a good idea mind and one to ponder, how it could be possible to get past this without a view of discrmination

I dont buy the view, that its discriminating against transgender women. To disallow them in women competitions, as the reality is, as soon as you do allow them. You then discriminate against biological women. The reality to look at this, is how would these transgender women, basically biological men, fair against other men?

Its their minds that believe they are trapped in the wrong body. Which again they should receive all the help and support they need, but the body is still male biologically with all the advanatges this already has over women in sports. Hence why we have different sex categories in sports.

There has to be fairness all round on this

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:55 pm

We'd have to make allowances for female transitioning to male as well, they'd need a head start competing against men born in male bodies, can't think of a word to describe that. Its nice to include everyone but as already been said sometimes you don't get what you want and there's no real way around this. It'll have to be trans woman and trans man separate competitions otherwise it'll just be a mess of starts or people with the equivalent of fat suits competing.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Vintage wrote:We'd have to make allowances for female transitioning to male as well, they'd need a head start competing against men born in male bodies, can't think of a word to describe that. Its nice to include everyone but as already been said sometimes you don't get what you want and there's no real way around this. It'll have to be trans woman and trans man separate competitions otherwise it'll just be a mess of starts or people with the equivalent of fat suits competing.

I believe the highland games this year is intending to include transgender categories Vintage

I personally cannot see a fair way around this, but where presently some transgender women are allowed to compete against biological women. Is to me, allowing biological men to compete against women. Which is discriminating against women.

Now there is a different kettle of fish when a women transititions to male. They are already at a distinct advantage, but have to use steoroids, for this transitioning. Though this is at a lower level than enhance performing steroid drugs.

I think studies is required on this further, before decisions are made. Which could take a few years to be honest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:26 pm

Tennis star Martina Navratilova has claimed transgender women in sport are 'cheating' unless they have irreversible surgery to change their anatomy.

The nine-times Wimbledon champion, 62, says she is happy to address transgender athletes by whichever pronoun they desire, but would not be happy to compete against them unless they have fully transitioned.

This is the second time Navratilova has spoken out on the subject, following a furious Twitter row with transgender female cycling champion Rachel McKinnon at the end of last year.

Writing in the Sunday Times today, she said: 'To put my argument at its most basic: a man can decide to be female, take hormones if required by whatever sporting organisation, win everything in sight and perhaps earn a small fortune, and then reverse his decision and go back to making babies. It's insane and it's cheating.'

She makes a 'critical distinction' between transgender women like McKinnon who take hormones and former tennis player Renee Richards who was born Richard Raskind and had gender reassignment surgery.

Navratilova says she supports Caster Semenya, the intersex South African runner born a woman but with naturally high testosterone levels.

Czech-born Navratilova has campaigned widely for LGBT rights after coming out as a lesbian in 1981 and being faced with mass homophobic abuse.

But in an opinion piece for the newspaper today she hits out at the 'tyranny' of trans activists who she claims denounces anyone who argues against them.

The tennis coach says even if transgender women have hormone therapy, they still have stronger muscles and bones and have higher levels of oxygen-carrying red blood cells from childhood.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6713851/Former-tennis-player-Martina-Navratilova-says-male-born-transgender-athletes-cheating-sport.html

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:03 am

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:27 am

You see this is staggering. The Transgender woman, claims she is a biological woman?

I mean WTF. There is no scientific bases for her claim and it shows to the me how extreme some Trans people have become in their ideology.

I think people are getting sick and tired of all this bullshit and lies people pushed onto people and in the end its going to more effect the many non-activicts transgenders, who simple want to get on with their lives within society.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PDWqbpsoMg

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Thor wrote:

Just read about this. Total fucking joke. I follow Attitude magazine on Facebook and pretty much everyone there defends Martina. She is absolutely right in her comments. Bloody travesty to be dropped by that organisation.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

Just read about this. Total fucking joke. I follow Attitude magazine on Facebook and pretty much everyone there defends Martina. She is absolutely right in her comments. Bloody travesty to be dropped by that organisation.

Yet this is the sad reality mate

Anyone that now challenges poor ideas being promoted by a fringe of Trans people are being targeted with hate and claims this is violence against Trans people.

The cyclist who claims its transphobic, is to me so disingenuous, Knowing full well, they have a clear advantage over women in sports

I mean even though she was born a biological male, that she now claims she is a biological women. That is simple insane and absurd.

So I will say it again

We might as well do away with seperate sex categories in sport for men and women. As this is the path that these trans activists are going down. As they clearly think they can make magically their bodies into the opposite sex, simple by saying so or through drugs. Which is biologically nonsense. The reality is this. Its their minds that believe they are the opposite sex. Where their bodies are still biologically the same sex they were born with.

Hence we are allowing people to compete, based on their mindset and not the fact they have grown as biologically male. With all the physical strenghs that form through puberty as a male. Before puberty, there is little difference between boys and girls with pyshcial strengh, but when we reach puberty. The differences are huge in strengh.

So to me, l agree with Martina Navratilova. That these Trans women are simple cheats, knowing they have a distinct advantage over women in sports. As they have already developed the bone and muscle mass. That gives them a distinct advantage over women. I guess this will only come to a head. When more and more average male insecure atheletes. Take the piss and claim they are women. By dominating women sports.

Sorry, but no belief should be protected from criticism and what I am seeing is a new form of Transgender blasphemy laws. That people are being criminalized for simple not buying into pseudo unscientific nonsense. That claims someone can simple change sex by say so.

That is just gibberish and most of all I fear for the safety of children. Where then predators can capitalise on this to prey on victims

Again I back the right of transgender people to be free from prejudice and discrmination, but not at the expense of the rights of others. Where some radical Trans women are making things worse for trans people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I75kfAVF64A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

youre a fucking transphobic piece of shit elizel

how dare you suggest that this individual is correct in their exclusionary comments about the trans community???

men are women too.

men can menstruate.

men can get pregnant and have babies.

men can be mothers.

men should be allowed to compete in women events, and if you disagree then youre just a transphobic bigot who wants to murder all trans people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Serena Williams is the greatest female tennis player to ever lift a racquet.

She’s dominated her sport in such a spectacular manner that it’s made her one of the richest, most successful sports stars in America.

In 2017 alone, she earned $27 million from prize money and endorsements.

One of the major contributors to her triumphant career has been her extraordinary physique: Serena’s a tall, powerful woman.

She’s 5ft 9in, weighs 155lbs and can bench press 225lbs.

When she was just ten years old, she beat US men’s champion Andy Roddick 6-1 when they were both junior players in Florida.

But if they had played each other again when he was Men’s World No1, Roddick wouldn’t just have won, he’d have annihilated her.

To be honest, Serena Williams would be lucky to pick up even a couple of points

And it would likely be exactly the same outcome if she played any of the 1000 best male tennis players in the world.

(John McEnroe said 18 months ago that he thought Serena would rank 700th in men’s tennis, but other experts said he was being very generous)

This has got nothing to do with her incredible talent, and everything to do with her physiology.

Male tennis players are just bigger, stronger, faster than her.

And Serena is one of the biggest, strongest, fastest female tennis players in history.

So it’s not ‘sexist’ to say the top 1000 men would beat Serena – it’s a cold, hard, statistical fact.

Now imagine a scenario where a 25-year-old male player ranked say, No200 in the world, and earning around $100,000 a year, suddenly decides he wants to identify as female – either for genuine transgender reasons or for duplicitous, fraudulent, cynically commercial reasons – and now wishes to compete against women.

That player, if he underwent hormonal treatment to reduce his testosterone levels to the required levels, could spend the next 3/4 years playing as a woman on the women’s tour.

He, now she, would instantly be the best female tennis player that’s ever lived.

She would destroy Serena Williams, and every other woman player.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6769265/PIERS-unfair-transgender-women-compete-womens-sportand-outrageous-bully-Martina.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down