NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes, Jeremy Corbyn IS fuelling anti-Semitism: PROFESSOR DEBORAH LIPSTADT, whose epic court victory over a Holocaust denier was made into a film, lays out a damning charge sheet for the Labour leader

Go down

Yes, Jeremy Corbyn IS fuelling anti-Semitism: PROFESSOR DEBORAH LIPSTADT, whose epic court victory over a Holocaust denier was made into a film, lays out a damning charge sheet for the Labour leader Empty Yes, Jeremy Corbyn IS fuelling anti-Semitism: PROFESSOR DEBORAH LIPSTADT, whose epic court victory over a Holocaust denier was made into a film, lays out a damning charge sheet for the Labour leader

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am

Jeremy Corbyn's 'shocking' refusal to distance himself from anti-Semitism has been denounced by the woman who took on the Holocaust-denying British historian David Irving and won. Acclaimed American academic Professor Deborah Lipstadt claimed the Labour leader has 'fomented a sense among Jews of being unsafe in Britain'. Professor Lipstadt was speaking ahead of the publication of her new book, Anti-Semitism Here And Now, to mark International Holocaust Memorial Day on Sunday.

She made headlines worldwide when Irving, who dismissed Hitler's gas chambers as a 'fairy tale', sued her for calling him a 'Holocaust denier'. The story of her epic legal victory was turned into the 2016 film Denial, in which Lipstadt was portrayed by Rachel Weisz and Irving by Timothy Spall. In an interview with the Mail, Professor Lipstadt compared Mr Corbyn's refusal to disown Holocaust deniers with those in the U.S. who refuse to disown people who use the 'n' word.

'No respectable politician would associate with anyone who used the 'n' word,' she says. 'The same should apply to Corbyn over anti-Semitism.'

Professor Lipstadt also took aim at Corbyn's repeated references to his mother Naomi's role in the anti-fascist Cable Street riots in 1936, when Oswald Mosley's Blackshirts marched through a district of London's East End which had a large Jewish community.

'His view is 'I'm a progressive so I can't be anti-Semitic',' she says. 'He boasts how his mother was at the Cable Street demonstration — 'I had progressive mother's milk so you can't call me anti-Semitic.'

In her new book, Professor Lipstadt devotes several pages to Corbyn.

Here, in this extract, she explains why she believes the Labour leader is guilty of facilitating, amplifying and institutionalising anti-Semitism.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6617157/PROFESSOR-DEBORAH-LIPSTADT-lays-damning-charge-sheet-Labour-leader-anti-Semitism.html. .

Back to top Go down