NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotish, Welsh, Northern Ireland - Why Don't We Have An English Parliament?

+5
scrat
veya_victaous
Beekeeper
Irn Bru
gerber
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scotish, Welsh, Northern Ireland - Why Don't We Have An English Parliament? - Page 2 Empty Scotish, Welsh, Northern Ireland - Why Don't We Have An English Parliament?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

17th February 2014

Please discuss.

Back to top Go down

Scotish, Welsh, Northern Ireland - Why Don't We Have An English Parliament? - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotish, Welsh, Northern Ireland - Why Don't We Have An English Parliament?

Post by Irn Bru Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:02 am

scrat wrote:

Joy Division wrote:Ulster is indeed Irish and British, just as Glasgow is Scots and British, the right honourable gentleman Scrat is correct.
Hi JD, I hate to say this but there's a hint of an anti-English agenda in all of this, I've always enjoyed banter, but a few colonists need to have their filthy colonial mouths washed out with carbolic soap.

The English that I know, want Britain to succeed, they support the Scots on their wish for a referendum and hope and pray that the Scots will vote better together, and vote no to independence, it's not about the money, or the oil or even the crown, it's about the peoples of these islands and these islands of Britain include Ulster. I'm sick of England sending shitehawks like "dave" and "Bowie" bleating drivel on our behalf, we're proud to be British, we're proud of the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish!

Some people need to stand back and look at the bigger picture, do they honestly believe that as individual nations we'll be better off?

These are good words Scrat and in stark contrast to the messages and the bile that we see in the press, the media and indeed on here.

That's the best way to convince Scotland to stay as part of the United Kingdom rather than the 'subsidy junkie' rhetoric we see from those that say we should stay because we can't afford to leave.

You summed it up perfectly.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Scotish, Welsh, Northern Ireland - Why Don't We Have An English Parliament? - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotish, Welsh, Northern Ireland - Why Don't We Have An English Parliament?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:11 am

scrat wrote:

Joy Division wrote:Ulster is indeed Irish and British, just as Glasgow is Scots and British, the right honourable gentleman Scrat is correct.
Hi JD, I hate to say this but there's a hint of an anti-English agenda in all of this, I've always enjoyed banter, but a few colonists need to have their filthy colonial mouths washed out with carbolic soap.

The English that I know, want Britain to succeed, they support the Scots on their wish for a referendum and hope and pray that the Scots will vote better together, and vote no to independence, it's not about the money, or the oil or even the crown, it's about the peoples of these islands and these islands of Britain include Ulster. I'm sick of England sending shitehawks like "dave" and "Bowie" bleating drivel on our behalf, we're proud to be British, we're proud of the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish!

Some people need to stand back and look at the bigger picture, do they honestly believe that as individual nations we'll be better off?

Well, i'm very proud of the union, between Ireland, and the Scots! (haven't been with a Welsh guy)

The Irish guy's were more tender and loving, the Scot's, you always had to prove things between the sheets, they were a bit more rough, all a very enjoyable experience....Where i always won!

...Always there for another go though!....And extremely sexy, and the accent!

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 am

Catman wrote:
scrat wrote:

Well, i'm very proud of the union, between Ireland, and the Scots! (haven't been with a Welsh guy)

The Irish guy's were more tender and loving, the Scot's, you always had to prove things between the sheets, they were a bit more rough, all a very enjoyable experience....Where i always won!

...Always there for another go though!....And extremely sexy, and the accent!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:12 am

scrat wrote:

I think what you'll find is the majority of English, who would love for Britain to succeed, have realised that for it to succeed we need the Welsh and Scottish to want it to succeed too.

A few years ago they made it clear they don't want that - they want to be on their own but want the English to slip them a few quid every week.

The English are now fed up and would love them to p155 off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:49 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Sorry Scrat that has to be the most idiotic argument I have heard, what next Normandy?

The reality is though the demographics of Northern has long ago changed and until people come to a consensus, there will always be a divide, as some see themselves as British first. Should Ireland be united as one nation of course, but it is not that simple without upsetting one set of people. In time this will change, more so with religion even more so the Protestant faith has been decreasing year on year and now is near level with the amount of Catholics, though this is more to do with people not having any faith.

According to the figures from the 2011 Census, which were released today, the percentage of people who are either Catholic or brought up Catholic in Northern Ireland has risen to 45% while the Protestant representation has continued to decline, falling to 48%.

However on identity:

However, the question on national identity showed that 40% of the population said they were British only, 25% said they were Irish only and 21% said they were only Northern Irish.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/far-more-in-northern-ireland-see-themselves-as-british-rather-than-irish-28946176.html

This is far from being resolved and if more in part or full see themselves as British it is a long way off from being resolved, even though to me Ireland should be one nation

This is the crux of the matter. N. Ireland has been in the hands of the English for so long, they think it's naturally theirs. This will keep coming back, as will the Israeli-Palestinian dispute. Precisely the same kind of impasse.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Monologues Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Sassy wrote:Fuck off, we have discussed this ad nauseam, go back and read the other threads, it only been a day!

Language Timothy. It's a reasonable question?

Because you fancy Scotland you deny England you birthplace a fair say perhaps? Really Irn Bru that young kilt wearing indoctrinated lefty has turned your wee head.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:49 pm

You are a wet lettuce.   England has had the majority say in Parliament forever.   Parliament is the English say.

And my OH is a Scot from the highlands, that is why I am interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:05 am

Ulster is British and Irish, always has been always will be, not all of Eire is as secular as you might think, one must remember that the language is English and the culture is British, only a fucking moron would equate the brilliant relationship between the islands of Britain and the conflict between the Arabs and the Jews in the Middle East!

I'm not at all surprised that the education system in America caters for those who are weaned on the world as it should be as in the bible, rather than how it actually is.

However, I can see where the confusion comes from!,,,,,,,,,,The English should give Ireland home rule - and reserve the motion picture rights!,,,,,,classic,,,,James Joyce!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:06 am

I presume you are referring to Quill's post lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:12 am

Sassy wrote:I presume you are referring to Quill's post lol.
He seems a tad shy to reply to mine, but you can add your oar in if you so wish.

England does not need a parliament because we have one, it's British!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 am

scrat wrote:

..that's a great post Scrat, and would be even greater if every English person thought like you!, some others do though.

I just couldn't bear the thought of more RW governments to come Scrat and more bleating and lies by some RW on forums trying to make out Scotland doesn't pay it's way and generally bad mouth is,,,I'm sorry if I'm one of those who come across as anti English...I'm not scrat!, I just sometimes react quick if someone is picking at Scotland...I'm like a wee bairn overexcited about a new Toy!

What I'm really doing is hitting back at the Tories, well that's what I'm really meaning !!

I know the Tories have shafted as many English people over the years as Scots.

A posh , selfish turd born into money can never have any idea what it takes to run an unbiased and fair economy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:23 am

Scrat, might be British, but it seems mostly English to me, so why we would want another one I haven't a clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:30 am

Sassy wrote:Scrat, might be British, but it seems mostly English to me, so why we would want another one I haven't a clue.

Thats because England makes up 84% of the population! and you're right the English have no need for another parliament, the Scots, the Irish, and the Welsh balance our nature, without them we would be fucked.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:50 pm

scrat wrote:Ulster is British and Irish, always has been always will be, not all of Eire is as secular as you might think, one must remember that the language is English and the culture is British, only a fucking moron would equate the brilliant relationship between the islands of Britain and the conflict between the Arabs and the Jews in the Middle East!

Pretty poor argument form, scarlet. Tantamount to stamping your foot and saying 'It is because I want it to be!!  Cool 

We should ask the IRA about the "brilliant relationship between the islands of Britain." The true believers are always the unsuspecting when it happens.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
scrat wrote:Ulster is British and Irish, always has been always will be, not all of Eire is as secular as you might think, one must remember that the language is English and the culture is British, only a fucking moron would equate the brilliant relationship between the islands of Britain and the conflict between the Arabs and the Jews in the Middle East!

Pretty poor argument form, scarlet.  Tantamount to stamping your foot and saying 'It is because I want it to be!!   Cool 

We should ask the IRA about the "brilliant relationship between the islands of Britain."  The true believers are always the unsuspecting when it happens.
Quim chap, you tried to suggest that the English had supplanted Ulster when they had not, one hopes you're aware that the Vikings founded Dublin, you see we're a mongrel race, and mighty proud of this, here's a recent picture which says a lot more about our brilliant relationship than words.Scotish, Welsh, Northern Ireland - Why Don't We Have An English Parliament? - Page 2 0
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 am

Well, according to Quill N. Ireland is like Palestine. In which case, we better start taking their fishing rights away, shoot them when they are ploughing the fields, stick barbed wire all around it and have an embargo on their ports  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:27 am

Sassy wrote:Well, according to Quill N. Ireland is like Palestine.   In which case, we better start taking their fishing rights away, shoot them when they are ploughing the fields, stick barbed wire all around it and have an embargo on their ports  Rolling Eyes 

Unfortunately, Quill has read too much instead of getting out there and doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2