NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can British people tolerate an evil government?

+4
Eilzel
nicko
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Go down

How can British people tolerate an evil government? Empty How can British people tolerate an evil government?

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:38 am

Do you think it's good to keep families apart?

If not, then why don't you speak up?

TV shows to watch taking up all your time?

Too fucking self involved?

Your policies are hurting thousands of men, women and children, not every day - every minute.

Whose side are you on?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

How can British people tolerate an evil government? Empty Re: How can British people tolerate an evil government?

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:47 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Do you think it's good to keep families apart?

Your policies are hurting thousands of men, women and children, not every day - every minute.

Whose side are you on?

Ben, take it public. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How can British people tolerate an evil government? Empty Re: How can British people tolerate an evil government?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 am

Whose side are you on?

How not to win the support of people in one fell swoop

You now want to blame the British people for the plight of your situation?

Seriously?

Wrong way to go about it

Not only that, how many of us have suggested things for you to do, for only you to ignore trying them?

The question should be, what are you doing about this?

Or do you expect everyone else to fight your battles for you?

Its no good getting frustrated at everyone else is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:57 am

Make your way to France, find a "people smuggler",
Simples !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 am

Whose side are you on?

I feel you Ben, more than most I imagine.

But, this isn't only a problem with the British government - it's a problem in a lot of countries (maybe the majority, I don't know). Just marrying someone is not enough to guarantee living together in the same country. Is it wrong? Damn right it is. But that is the state of things.

Most people in most countries certainly do not prioritise the problem of ANY minority, including those with foreign spouses. Their concerns, understandably, are healthcare, education, employment and security. In the UK right now Brexit trumps all.

Also, yes, the distractions you mention are the poison keeping people acquiescent in most counties.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:13 am

soapbox

Down with the tyrannical and diktatorial Englische fascist regime  !!!

Now is the time for all good men and wimmin of Newsfix to man the barricades, grab those pickets and Molotov cocktails..

Brexit  ?  Law and order  ?  Education and welfare standards  ?  Energy costs ? Piffle..

Rioting in the streets, I say  !

Viva la Revolucion  !!!

How can British people tolerate an evil government? 3852033631      How can British people tolerate an evil government? 2347854014       How can British people tolerate an evil government? 1284863816
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Thor wrote:

Whose side are you on?

Seriously?

Wrong way to go about it

Not only that, how many of us have suggested things for you to do, for only you to ignore trying them?

alien

Maybe the British people have more pressing problems that affect them directly at present...like seeing the way the old and ill are often ignored, like seeing the way the ever increasing number of dementia sufferers are treated and like worrying about the kids who have little future in a country which seems to be falling apart at the seams at  the minute. Rolling Eyes

And at least the British people are not led by Trump....so that's a Godsend.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:06 pm

I've asked this before but never had an answer. If eddie wanted to move to the US and you didn't have enough money to support her, would she be allowed to go there and get a job?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Whose side are you on?

Perhaps people are busy working, or perhaps they have other things to think about.  It's no use insulting the British people - it will just lose you support. I presume you knew the score beforehand.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Thor wrote:

Seriously?

Wrong way to go about it

alien

Maybe the British people have more pressing problems that affect them directly at present...like seeing the way the old and ill are often ignored, like seeing the way the ever increasing number of dementia sufferers are treated and like worrying about the kids who have little future in a country which seems to be falling apart at the seams at  the minute. Rolling Eyes

And at least the British people are not led by Trump....so that's a Godsend.

They do indeed Syl and its not that we have not been supportive. We all have, but what does Ben expect us to do exactly?

The Supreme court already ruled last year that such a law is lawful

So at present there is nothing we can actually do other than have a petition set up to have this discussed in Parliment

We are never going to have this law overturned in the short term

Even if for arguments sake there was a general election and then Labour won an outright majority. It would still take time for them to scrap this law

So for the moment nobody can do anything about this law.

Hence why I and others have suggested many other avenues that Ben and Eddie should try. Of which again we would all support

I understand Ben's frustration and even more being it was his birthday, but lashing out at the people who wants to help them both. Is not the brightest move

If he wants help finding jobs here in the UK, I do have a number of contacts I could pass on to him. Depending what he wants to do.

There is certainly jouranlist jobs out there also.

They need to get their story out their in the public through the media. The best way would be Eddie through her local news and then to plug their book as a means to get people to buy this. So they then gain public attention to their situation and I am sure people would buy. Simple to help them reach their money target. In order that Ben comes to the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:09 pm

He is a pretty passionate person and gets really fiery at times over this.

We do have plans to go public when he comes over in the new year for about eight weeks. We have a lot of ideas to put into practice but we need to be together to do it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 pm

He could get a job in a company which has an office in the UK, and then get transferred. Not easy I know, but people do it all the time.

It's no use blaming our Government anyway - they're doing what they think is best for Britain. I doubt that the US has better policies, and if eddie was trying to move there, Ben would probably be complaining about Americans sitting on their arses doing nothing to help them. People have their own issues, and they're really only going to do something if it affects them or someone they're close to.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 pm

eddie wrote:He is a pretty passionate person and gets really fiery at times over this.

We do have plans to go public when he comes over in the new year for about eight weeks. We have a lot of ideas to put into practice but we need to be together to do it.

Nothing wrong with passionate, as I am guilty of this also myself

You should share your ideas. As people will support you on here

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Thor wrote:
eddie wrote:He is a pretty passionate person and gets really fiery at times over this.

I love his passion, even when he is raging against me and vice versa.

We will come and share them when we have some plans set in motion, but telling our story is where it’s at.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Thor wrote:

I love his passion, even when he is raging against me and vice versa.

We will come and share them when we have some plans set in motion, but telling our story is where it’s at.

Okay, but he has to sit on the newsfix naughty step for 40 minutes singing Christmas Carol's....for his penance, followed by 4 "Bloody Mary's"

Laughing How can British people tolerate an evil government? 2097912929

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:46 pm

I will make sure he feels punished. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:46 pm

In my own defense, I was really, really drunk when I wrote this.

But I still meant it and I stand by it in my current state of sobriety.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:In my own defense, I was really, really drunk when I wrote this.

But I still meant it and I stand by it in my current state of sobriety.

Which again is not going to help you is it?

Banging on at the British people, when they have things close to them, that are of concern to them also. Is you being completely unfair

You are not the centre of all needs and attention Ben

Again the law is not going to change anytime soon. So no good having a go at the British public. As that law is not going to come in the top tem of issues people are concerned with in this country

You dont win support by slagging people off claiming they are watching TV. Yes they will have needs around family and friends. Which means they are self involved in many things for others. Not just you

I tell you what. You find a heart and lungs for my friend or a cure for her hypertension pulmonary disorder. Then I will happily raise a hundred grand for you.

You have your life ahead of you together with Eddie. Living into old age together

Its unlikely my friend will see past 30

So some things are more pressing than your situatiion, but that does not mean I will not have time to support you. I will and do support your situation.

So your post was idiotic, rash, unfounded and worse having a go at the very people who support you and do not support this law

So at present the law cannot be changed

Its time you recognised that

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 pm

Oh back off didge. He doesn’t need you to tell him off.

Everything you said in your post is true, I cannot deny that, but just try to remember that most of the time Ben and I are really strong.  It helps we are both independent and positive people, but sometimes we just need to let off steam.

I sincerely hope your friend finds some comfort or cure soon.

You know where I am if you want to chat.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down