NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A daily challenge for everyone here ...

+3
nicko
HoratioTarr
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

A daily challenge for everyone here ... Empty A daily challenge for everyone here ...

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:02 pm

... from Eddie and me.

1) Start a conversation with someone you barely know, on a topic you rarely talk about. This can be anywhere, work, a cafe, on Facebook, or on even on the forum. Talk about how that went in this thread.

2) Find a song, a book quote, a poem or an article that you heard or read long ago, and talk about how it made you feel.

3) Take a quiet moment, sit down, close your eyes and imagine you're watching traffic drive away from you. You can put one thing that's troubling you in one of those cars. What will it be? (This could be the same thing every day, or something different, and you can share it if you want, or keep it to yourself.)

Eddie and I will do it every day, and we'd love it if you'd join us!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

A daily challenge for everyone here ... Empty Re: A daily challenge for everyone here ...

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:36 am

*~[THE Ben Reilly]~* wrote:... from Eddie and me.

1) Start a conversation with someone you barely know, on a topic you rarely talk about.

!

If you think I'm going to start a conversation with Wolfie about the state of his underpants, you've got another thing coming!!!!!

A daily challenge for everyone here ... 53129?AWSAccessKeyId=1XXJBWHKN0QBQS6TGPG2&Expires=1547424000&Signature=ISMAVMNA0fTp2ikT0zLexkOhphM%3D
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

A daily challenge for everyone here ... Empty Re: A daily challenge for everyone here ...

Post by nicko Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:10 am

Try that on the average English man and you'll either get ignored, or told to fuck off and mind your own business !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 am

nicko wrote:Try that on the average English man and you'll either get ignored,  or told to fuck off and mind your own business  !

Now, I came to England and had no problem chatting with people I'd obviously never met, who were without exception quite friendly and open.

To be fair, my darling wife has told me that many of those people seemed to treat me differently than they'd treat their countrymen, so it may have had something to do with my charming accent and/or lush beard.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:18 pm

*~[THE Ben Reilly]~* wrote:... from Eddie and me.

1) Start a conversation with someone you barely know, on a topic you rarely talk about. This can be anywhere, work, a cafe, on Facebook, or on even on the forum. Talk about how that went in this thread.

2) Find a song, a book quote, a poem or an article that you heard or read long ago, and talk about how it made you feel.

3) Take a quiet moment, sit down, close your eyes and imagine you're watching traffic drive away from you. You can put one thing that's troubling you in one of those cars. What will it be? (This could be the same thing every day, or something different, and you can share it if you want, or keep it to yourself.)

Eddie and I will do it every day, and we'd love it if you'd join us!

1) i tend to start random conversations with folk regularly

2) meh, maybe

3) traffic sucks.

i go up to space amongst a myriad of bright flashing stars and i fire out all my negativity like arrows out into stars where angels stand guard to catch them and transform them into hope and gratitude and positivity energy beams and they fire them back at me and then i come back to earth feeling revitalised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:47 pm

It won't work in New York City. But I've found that Londoners are extraordinarily friendly and willing to help.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:15 pm

I started up a conversation with a group of Spanish people when I went for lunch today with a friend (I have to admit this is nothing unusual for me). We discussed their experience of England. They love it!

Here’s my quote for the day:
“Conversation should never be casual if you sense the other person needs more”

I put my problems about money (not something I usually stress about) in the car and watched it drive away. I spent two minutes listening to my own breathing and felt great afterwards!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:00 pm

*~[THE Ben Reilly]~* wrote:
nicko wrote:Try that on the average English man and you'll either get ignored,  or told to fuck off and mind your own business  !

Now, I came to England and had no problem chatting with people I'd obviously never met, who were without exception quite friendly and open.

To be fair, my darling wife has told me that many of those people seemed to treat me differently than they'd treat their countrymen, so it may have had something to do with my charming accent and/or lush beard.

You have an American Accent so obviously an American 

and Being American is considered to be sort of like being Disabled/Handicapped, so extra nice to the 'special' one   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

and Being American is considered to be sort of like being Disabled/Handicapped, so extra nice to the 'special' one   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

hahahahahaha

A daily challenge for everyone here ... 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:32 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

A daily challenge for everyone here ... 371740092

Oh my, oh my, oh my...we are so privileged.  Especially when the waiter brings the check.

At least the British know how to be nice.  It's a lost art in New York.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:33 pm

I told a police officer at a crime scene that they had too many police cars there and we couldn't see what was going on. He laughed. It was nice.

A co-worker started singing "What's Going On" by 4 Non Blondes out of the blue, and that took me back to the glory days of 90s alternative rock.

I didn't put anything in the car, but if I could have, I'd also put money worries in the car.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:It won't work in New York City.  But I've found that Londoners are extraordinarily friendly and willing to help.

Ah, but looking for a real Cockney (or even a real Londoner) in London is a bit like hoping to find a diamond in a pile of doggy poo........
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Original Quill wrote:It won't work in New York City.  But I've found that Londoners are extraordinarily friendly and willing to help.

Ah, but looking for a real Cockney (or even a real Londoner)  in London is a bit like hoping to find a diamond in a pile of doggy poo........

Well, talking about New Yorker's, the attitude expands, not contracts. If the "real" Londoner is disappearing, perhaps a new description is in order?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:58 pm

I had a really good conversation with my daughter’s two best friends, both aged 6. We chatted about what they think of adults and the only thing they were adamant about was the fact that they wanted bright red long hair like mine. They asked their parents if they could dye their hair like mine (the parents of both girls are my very close friends) and the answer was a firm “No”
Made me chuckle.

I was thinking my husband today and all those times he sent me songs to wake up to...one of them was about keeping eyes in a jar.

I put my concerns in the car. My concerns over an old friend who is doing something I really don’t fucking like.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:41 pm

eddie wrote:I had a really good conversation with my daughter’s two best friends, both aged 6. We chatted about what they think of adults and the only thing they were adamant about was the fact that they wanted bright red long hair like mine. They asked their parents if they could dye their hair like mine  (the parents of both girls are my very close friends) and the answer was a firm “No”
Made me chuckle.

I was thinking my husband today and all those times he sent me songs to wake up to...one of them was about keeping eyes in a jar.

I put my concerns in the car. My concerns over an old friend who is doing something I really don’t fucking like.

Well sometimes when we make something our concern. No matter what we say, those people will end up doing what you do not like them to do

There is little you can do then to stop that. So dont allow it to become a concern in the first place. Sometimes people have to follow that path they have chosen, no matter if we do not like it. I find it best to simple be there after, when they recognise their mistakes and need help. So in a way I am saying its a wasted concern, when the case is that we can do nothing about it.

I know you care and that is hard to do, not to concern yourself.

I have a similar situation of concerns over someone at the moment, but I know there is nothing I can do. Other than be there after to help them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:14 am

eddie wrote:

but what did you fill the empty space with?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:15 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:

but what did you fill the empty space with?

Whiskey.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down