NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study says Brexit's toll on UK economy will be 'like losing the city of London' - at best

+5
'Wolfie
Eilzel
HoratioTarr
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Study says Brexit's toll on UK economy will be 'like losing the city of London' - at best - Page 3 Empty Study says Brexit's toll on UK economy will be 'like losing the city of London' - at best

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Theresa May’s Brexit deal will have equivalent cost of losing the economic output of Wales or the City of London, research suggests.

The prime minister will plead with MPs to back her deal in a Commons statement on Monday afternoon.

A report by the the National Institute for Economic and Social Research (NIESR) said May’s plan will reduce the value of the UK economy by 3.9% - or £100bn a year by 2030 - compared to staying in the EU.

According to the study, this would be an average cost of more than £1,000 a person.

The NIESR study, which will be launched today by the People’s Vote campaign that wants a second referendum, said a no deal exit would reduce GDP by 5.5 per cent, or £140bn a year.

On Sunday EU leaders endorsed the agreement at an emergency summit in Brussels.

But the prime minister faces an uphill battle to win the vote in the Commons - due to take place in December.

In a statement to parliament today, May will tell MPs there is “not a better deal available”.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-brexit-cost_uk_5bfaed63e4b03b230fa2be6e
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Study says Brexit's toll on UK economy will be 'like losing the city of London' - at best - Page 3 Empty Re: Study says Brexit's toll on UK economy will be 'like losing the city of London' - at best

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:19 pm

EU-Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding says all EU countries have 75-80% of their laws dictated to them by the EU...

Nuff said!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Study says Brexit's toll on UK economy will be 'like losing the city of London' - at best - Page 3 Empty Re: Study says Brexit's toll on UK economy will be 'like losing the city of London' - at best

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

EU-Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding says all EU countries have 75-80% of their laws dictated to them by the EU...

Nuff said!!!

The gosple of Matthew claims Jesus walked on water

Does that mean he did?

It does not matter, what you failed to answer was one simple question

What percentage of this 75% does the Uk disagree with?

I will tell you, 2%

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Stop the wafffle dodge...

It's getting beyond boring...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Stop the wafffle dodge...

It's getting beyond boring...

How is it boring when I am educating you on things you do not know?

You went off laws

The Uk agrees on most of these.

You had no idea

My views is based on migration laws and our infustructure

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:03 pm

You are talking nonsense...

When did the British people ever agree to any of it...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:You are talking nonsense...

When did the British people ever agree to any of it...?

Did I claim that?

Seriously?

What I presented is that you are talking bollocks

The percentage of laws is based on a view of 2-4% that Parliment disagrees with. The rest they agreed with

Its you talking nonsense and are as bad as Eilzel, using fear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:47 am

Democracy = our parliament and our elected representatives in it, doing what the British people tell them to do... not for them to be doing anything anyone else tells them to do!!!

DEMOS KRATOS!

The British people have never agreed to have our parliament controlled by or dictated to, by anyone other than the British people!!!

Our parliament should not be taking orders from any foreign bureaucracy... it should only ever be the servant of the British people!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:33 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Democracy = our parliament and our elected representatives in it, doing what the British people tell them to do... not for them to be doing anything anyone else tells them to do!!!

DEMOS KRATOS!

The British people have never agreed to have our parliament controlled by or dictated to, by anyone other than the British people!!!

Our parliament should not be taking orders from any foreign bureaucracy... it should only ever be the servant of the British people!!!

Tommy, you and didge don't disagree on that, you aren't even trying to respond to the point he actually made, which kind of suggests you stuck on one line of thinking rather than actually reading his posts...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:29 am

I am completely addressing his point...

Our parliament has no authorisation from the British people to be following the orders of any foreign bureaucracy, regardless of any claim from Didge about whether they agree with it or not...!

Do you not understand 'democracy'...?

And you say it is me who has a problem understanding definitions...!?

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:51 am

Tommy Monk wrote:I am completely addressing his point...

Our parliament has no authorisation from the British people to be following the orders of any foreign bureaucracy, regardless of any claim from Didge about whether they agree with it or not...!

Do you not understand 'democracy'...?

And you say it is me who has a problem understanding definitions...!?

lol!

Didge didn't talk about democracy, in fact he was arguing with me earlier about the EU being undemocratic.

He questioned your unsubstantiated 75% stat.

And you've just carried on raving about democracy like a drunk old man in the corner of a small town pub Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:08 am

I've already answered the 75% stat... and Didge also replied to my answer with a fullfact link that also says a high percentage is dictated to us from the EU...!

Maybe you think views on democracy only count if they are spoken by some pill head rent boy homosexual in a seedy club in Soho (London)...?

But luckily, we already have a dictionary definition of "democracy" to look to... and when a national parliament has to take orders from anyone else other than from the nations people, regardless of whether the parliament and/or people approve/agree or not, then there ceases to be a democracy... this is now a dictatorship...!

Or have you got some other definition of democracy where it states otherwise...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:32 am

Tommy Monk wrote:I've already answered the 75% stat... and Didge also replied to my answer with a fullfact link that also says a high percentage is dictated to us from the EU...!

Maybe you think views on democracy only count if they are spoken by some pill head rent boy homosexual in a seedy club in Soho (London)...?

But luckily, we already have a dictionary definition of "democracy" to look to... and when a national parliament has to take orders from anyone else other than from the nations people, regardless of whether the parliament and/or people approve/agree or not, then there ceases to be a democracy... this is now a dictatorship...!

Or have you got some other definition of democracy where it states otherwise...!?

And you normally do such a good job of hiding your homophobia Rolling Eyes

You didn't really respond to didge's point though did you? Although at least you concede it is only some, as opposed to the ridiculous 75% stat you threw out. You do know that the UK government actually goes much further than the EU in a lot of its rules, don't you?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:00 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I've already answered the 75% stat... and Didge also replied to my answer with a fullfact link that also says a high percentage is dictated to us from the EU...!

You didn't really respond to didge's point though did you? Although at least you concede it is only some, as opposed to the ridiculous 75% stat you threw out. You do know that the UK government actually goes much further than the EU in a lot of its rules, don't you?

Well... if you think it is acceptable to dish this out to me...

Quote Les...

"And you've just carried on raving about democracy like a drunk old man in the corner of a small town pub"

Then don't complain when I say exactly the same sort of thing to you!!!

Also... try reading who it was who told us it was 75%...

We already have a dictionary definition of "democracy" to look to... and when a national parliament has to take orders from anyone else other than from the nations people, regardless of whether the parliament and/or people approve/agree or not, then there ceases to be a democracy... this is now a dictatorship...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:06 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Well... if you think it is acceptable to dish this out to me...

Quote Les...

"And you've just carried on raving about democracy like a drunk old man in the corner of a small town pub"

Then don't complain when I say exactly the same sort of thing to you!!!

Also... try reading who it was who told us it was 75%...

We already have a dictionary definition of "democracy" to look to... and when a national parliament has to take orders from anyone else other than from the nations people, regardless of whether the parliament and/or people approve/agree or not, then there ceases to be a democracy... this is now a dictatorship...!

It's not exactly the same sort of thing though, is it. My insult was based entirely on your own style of responses which involve you repeatedly saying the EXACT same thing over and over again, while adding increasingly number of exclamation points (!) to boot - so just like a drunk old man in the pub. I admit it was being insulting, but it was based on WHAT you said.

Meanwhile, you have NOTHING with which to try and throw at me than my sexuality - which actually says a lot more about you. I'm flattered, actually, since nothing in my responses or style of responding gives you anything to use against me. Only you see sexuality as something to use against people Twisted Evil
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Clipped from original post:

Tommy Monk wrote:

You realise that making pathetic meaningless cheap shots is, by and large, what pathetic meaningless cheap fuckwits do?

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:11 pm

Let's put some wheels on it, and all fuck off

Study says Brexit's toll on UK economy will be 'like losing the city of London' - at best - Page 3 Mortal-engines-london-traction-city0reeve
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:32 pm

eddie wrote:Clipped from original post:

Tommy Monk wrote:

You realise that making pathetic meaningless cheap shots is, by and large, what pathetic meaningless cheap fuckwits do?

Les started it... so tell that to him...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Tommy Monk wrote:

Les started it... so tell that to him...

He did? He called you out on your sexuality? Didn’t see it. Show me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:50 pm

I wasn't calling him anything...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Cheers Eds Smile

Tommy, I explained the difference, but you didn't acknowledge it because you know it really just shows the limits of your imagination. Can't say anything else, so just play off his sexaulity Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Tommy Monk wrote:

Cheers Eds Smile

Tommy, I explained the difference, but you didn't acknowledge it because you know it really just shows the limits of your imagination. Can't say anything else, so just play off his sexaulity Wink

Well, exactly. Cheap and pointless.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Whatever...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3