NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield'

+6
veya_victaous
eddie
Original Quill
Victorismyhero
'Wolfie
Vintage
10 posters

Go down

Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' Empty Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield'

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:45 am

Undergraduates are being allowed to avoid exam questions or essays they claim could be upsetting.

Lecturers at the University of Sheffield have been advised about the risk of including distressing topics such as racism, sexuality and gender, and told that alternatives can be offered.

‘Sensitive and controversial issues’ in the guidance on the English literature course include politics, race, gender identity, faith and religion, sexuality, drugs and alcohol, rape, abortion, disability and domestic or sexual violence, according to the Sunday Times.

Undergraduates at Sheffield raised concerns last year that they were being left in ‘tears’ or feeling ‘distressed and anxious’ by sensitive material.

But critics attacked the list of exemptions as another example of pandering to the snowflake generation and warned they were not preparing young people for the real world.

Chris McGovern, of the Campaign for Real Education, said: ‘These kids need to toughen up. If they can’t face questions like this at university then they shouldn’t be at university. Mollycoddling them and giving them protective walls is not preparing them for life.

Frank Furedi, emeritus professor of sociology at Kent University, added it was ‘cultivating the sense of fragility of students’.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6428147/Students-allowed-avoid-exam-questions-claim-upsetting.html

Back to top Go down

Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' Empty Re: Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield'

Post by Vintage Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:00 am

What kind of people are these going to be? How are they going to manage in this messy, quite often nasty world? What will they do if they come upon a bad situation in real life as happens these days, and always has, run away and hide.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' Empty Re: Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield'

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:07 pm

study

Some of these universities aren't doing themselves any favours, pandering to some imagined snowflake subset of students, who they perceive as somehow being too fragile as to be able to handle either "sensiive issues" or robust discussions...

Irrespective of whether the student body even contains these supposed snowflake students who are presumably prepared to slit their wrists at the first whiff of uncomfortable subject matter..

Some of these universities will only end up demoting themselves to some kind of third class institution if they persist with this nonsense;     (as will those like Stanford and Princeton who are currently pumping out anti-science and anti-climate "economics" papers favouring coal burning and oil wars, pandering to the extreme right and supporting the Trump administration..).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:15 pm

ah well the left have finally socially engineered the up and coming population they wanted,

utterly useless, incapable of coping with anything, totally dependent and utterly compliant with anything their master tells them, and incapable of independent thought.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:17 pm

remember these useless wimpy, pathetic snowflakes are the future "leaders" of our country and commerce, god help us.....AND whats worse the futures "parents"..... chrissake sterilize the lot of em.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Lord Foul wrote:ah well the left have finally socially engineered the up and coming population they wanted,

utterly useless, incapable of coping with anything, totally dependent and utterly compliant with anything their master tells them, and incapable of independent thought.

Haha...doesn't the right have any universities, or is education a complete and thorough anathema to them? Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:33 pm

by university its too late ....they have already been indoctrinated by a L/W run owned and controlled education system.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
by university its too late ....they have already been indoctrinated by a L/W run owned and controlled education system.....

Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' 3489511464

Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' 2086560741
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:02 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
ah well the left have finally socially engineered the up and coming population they wanted,

Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' 3489511464

You should check out some of the anti-science, anti-climate, pro-Trump crap coming out of some of the corporatised previously "top shelf" universities in the USA, Victor..

Showing that there is enough conservative/big business influence out there to balance things up.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:03 pm

Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' E7f6b210

If you encourage children to be offended all the time, they’re going to grow up hurt by everything.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
remember these useless wimpy, pathetic snowflakes are the future "leaders" of our country and commerce, god help us.....AND whats worse the futures "parents"..... chrissake sterilize the lot of em.

Laughing

You tell 'em, Victor...

Never mind that it's the admin' setting the policies there, not the students...

And, last time I looked, you do still have a Conservative guvm'nt over there !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:48 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:study

Some of these universities aren't doing themselves any favours, pandering to some imagined snowflake subset of students, who they perceive as somehow being too fragile as to be able to handle either "sensiive issues" or robust discussions...

Irrespective of whether the student body even contains these supposed snowflake students who are presumably prepared to slit their wrists at the first whiff of uncomfortable subject matter..

Some of these universities will only end up demoting themselves to some kind of third class institution if they persist with this nonsense;     (as will those like Stanford and Princeton who are currently pumping out anti-science and anti-climate "economics" papers favouring coal burning and oil wars, pandering to the extreme right and supporting the Trump administration..).

I was thinking similar
it is good for Aussies though, since we're not doing this nonsense
Our universities will be regarded as better than their's in no time
between their degradation and the Rise of Asian influence.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:15 am

Why are all your posts about comparing countries and being derogatory?

It’s very odd that you should choose to do that a lot. Do you know why you do it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:24 am

Veya, the rise of "Asian influence" is already in your country, and growing, just open your eyes !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:44 pm

nicko wrote:Veya,  the rise of "Asian influence"   is already in your country,  and growing,  just open your eyes !

Yes I know it is Great and Positive thing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 am

Your off your nut !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:01 pm

I have a cousin who is a former lecturer at Sheffield.

I'd pass on some of her comments on this matter but for the fact that she is proficient in the use of far, far worse language that I would dare to repeat!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:09 am

Arrow

Sheffield's leading 'claim to fame' was producing some of the highest quality steel in the world...

Now it appears that is being challenged by it's previously little-known-outside-England university attempting to embarrass itself with this kind of self-defeating nonsense..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:19 am

nicko wrote:Your off your nut !

I got no problem with Asians, for one their food is better.
I've grown up around them so their culture is not particularity foreign to me, I know it's 'subtext' as well or maybe even better than Europe's
I've got Multiple 'Asian' friends, Although I don't tend to lump all Asians together since they are not the same Rolling Eyes

and in regard to Dominance, China has treated Australia better than either the UK or USA.
Our nations economy is pretty much reliant on Asia, It's rise in wealth and power causes Australian wealth and power to increase too.   

Why wouldn't I think it is a good thing?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 am

veya_victaous wrote:

I've grown up around them so their culture is not particularity foreign to me, I know it's 'subtext' as well or maybe even better than Europe's
I've got Multiple 'Asian' friends, Although I don't tend to lump all Asians together since they are not the same Rolling Eyes

and in regard to Dominance, China has treated Australia better than either the UK or USA.
Our nations economy is pretty much reliant on Asia, It's rise in wealth and power causes Australian wealth and power to increase too.   

You mean your nation's wealth and prosperity is intrinsically linked to that or your nearest and richest neighbours?

Who knew that was a thing Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:29 am

Eilzel wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

You mean your nation's wealth and prosperity is intrinsically linked to that or your nearest and richest neighbours?

Who knew that was a thing Laughing

Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' 265384880 Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' 265384880 Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' 265384880  Hmmm...... I think you just explained nicko's 'point of view'  geek
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:38 am

"China has treated us better" China looks out for China, so in what way are you treated better ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:53 am

nicko wrote:"China has treated us better"     China looks out for China, so in what way are you treated better ?

Actually Paid us for our Timbre and Mining output for one Rolling Eyes
they also buy heaps of food off us

they are looking out for China, we are a natural synergy
they are big with lots of people and massive manufacturing sector that needs food and raw materials.
we are big with a small population and massive agricultural and mining sectors and already given up on our manufacturing sector(mainly killed by the USA)

it's simple,
the UK took the cream and most of the milk
the USA just took the cream off the top
now China lets us keep most of the cream.

There is a reason Australia has shot up the economic rankings in the past 30 years
and hasn't had a recession in over 20 years
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:21 am

Why do you think China is doing all these good things for you ? It's not out of the goodness of their hearts you twit, they will want something in return. Can you not see that ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 pm

nicko wrote:Why do you think China is doing all these good things for you ?  It's not out of the goodness of their hearts you twit,  they will want something in return.   Can you not see that ?

Idea

They already get plenty "in return", nicko...

They buy  coal, natural gas, iron ore, copper, wool, fruit and vegetables, gold, diamonds...

Compared to all the coal, gold, iron ore and timber that Britain took without actually paying for it;  in addition Britain took ££ 2 billion ££ in cash from Oz after WW1, to help cover Britain's costs  --  adding a century's worth of interest on top of that, and that's a big debt that Britain simply couldn't afford to repay these days.

In addition, Britain also stole Aboriginal bodies and remains to have the British Museum produce fake "research" to support their "Terra nullus" claims, to help justify robbing the indigenous folks down here --  and even today, the academic grave robbers at the British Museum regularly tells your gov't to "fuck off! and come back next year..", when reminded that those remains have to be returned..  
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:56 pm

There you go, they don't give you anything free,
your getting as bad as Veya , moaning about us big bad Brits. I had nothing to do with your loses, and I don't give a s--t anyway Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:59 am

nicko wrote:Why do you think China is doing all these good things for you ?  It's not out of the goodness of their hearts you twit,  they will want something in return.   Can you not see that ?

Yes they want what they Buy
that's why they Buy it

You just the twisted old coot that think everyone needs to be a war with anyone a different colour Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:00 am

and they don't give us stuff for free
they don't steal our stuff
and that's a huge improvement
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:24 am

veya_victaous wrote:

that's why they Buy it

You just the twisted old coot that think everyone needs to be a war with anyone a different colour Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ageist and at no point did Nicko ever claim we should be at war based on skin colour

You hark at a claimed prejudice onto Nicko, which is false and yet are prejudiced towards him on age

Hypocrisy much?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:51 am

This only applies to the English Literature course, yes? I wonder which books they're on about.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Veya, Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Thor wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

that's why they Buy it

Ageist and at no point did Nicko ever claim we should be at war based on skin colour

You hark at a claimed prejudice onto Nicko, which is false and yet are prejudiced towards him on age

Hypocrisy much?

Snowflake Much?

Did it ever occur to you that YOU are one of these Snowflakes that tries to take offense at any comment Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' 2581891615 

(and no it wasn't me that gave you a red)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:56 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Thor wrote:

Hypocrisy much?

Snowflake Much?

Did it ever occur to you that YOU are one of these Snowflakes that tries to take offense at any comment Snowflake students are 'being allowed to avoid exam questions they claim could be upsetting at University of Sheffield' 2581891615 

(and no it wasn't me that gave you a red)

Actually I never took offense

I simple exposed that you are an utter hypocrite

You made a poor unfounded claim onto Nicko, based on a view he was being prejudice, whilst it was you being prejudiced on his age

I never mentioned anything about reds, hence again paranoia on your part

I am happy that some people do not agree with me and back your prejudice, as what does it say about them?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down