NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the afterlife... for a few seconds! Scientists discover the brain still functions once your heart stops meaning you will KNOW you are dead

3 posters

Go down

Welcome to the afterlife... for a few seconds! Scientists discover the brain still functions once your heart stops meaning you will KNOW you are dead Empty Welcome to the afterlife... for a few seconds! Scientists discover the brain still functions once your heart stops meaning you will KNOW you are dead

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:40 am

The human brain still functions after death, meaning you know you are dead, new research claims.

Scientists say they have discovered that for seconds after the heart stops, brain activity still functions.

Experts say this means a patient would be fully aware of what was happening to them as their consciousness keeps working.

For a short time after death the person would be 'trapped' inside their dead body with the brain still functioning, scientists suggest.

Survivors of heart attacks were aware of what was going on around them while they were clinically 'dead' before being 'brought back to life' and could describe what was happening around them after their hearts stopped beating, the new study revealed.

Evidence to suggest the deceased may even be able to hear themselves being pronounced dead by doctors, researchers claim.

Dr Sam Parnia and his team from the Stony Brook University School of Medicine in New York, examined consciousness after death by researching cardiac arrest cases in Europe and the US.

He said the study found people often change when they have had this 'after-death' experience and become more willing to help others.

But unlike the plot in the movie Flatliners, which saw medial students carry out experiments by resuscitating themselves after stopping their hearts, the person does not come back to life with memories and visions, Dr Parina added.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6424973/Scientists-discover-brain-functions-heart-stops-meaning-KNOW-dead.html

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the afterlife... for a few seconds! Scientists discover the brain still functions once your heart stops meaning you will KNOW you are dead Empty Re: Welcome to the afterlife... for a few seconds! Scientists discover the brain still functions once your heart stops meaning you will KNOW you are dead

Post by nicko Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:19 am

When I had my Cardiac Arrest, I remember lying in the Ambulance watching my wife being comforted by a Neighbour outside on the Pavement.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the afterlife... for a few seconds! Scientists discover the brain still functions once your heart stops meaning you will KNOW you are dead Empty Re: Welcome to the afterlife... for a few seconds! Scientists discover the brain still functions once your heart stops meaning you will KNOW you are dead

Post by Syl Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:28 pm

I think it's a good thing if true, you can mentally say your goodbyes to everyone you love. I imagine if pain can't be felt, the few moments your brain stays alive could be a peaceful time of acceptance.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:11 pm

I just think it shows more and more scientifically, that there is no after life

Its simple the brain still being alive for sometime after

Its why I accept the finality of death

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:06 am

Syl wrote:I think it's a good thing if true, you can mentally say your goodbyes to everyone you love. I imagine if pain can't be felt, the few moments your brain stays alive could be a peaceful time of acceptance.

I've though about this idea before, mainly in relation to animals and/or 'instance death versus quick death' (road kill is a fact of life with my commute)

is it better to just 'go black' or to have a few moments to realize it's the end?  scratch
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down