NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel 5 Poll Confirms The British Are Fed Up With Immigrants

+2
Beekeeper
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Channel 5 Poll Confirms The British Are Fed Up With Immigrants Empty Channel 5 Poll Confirms The British Are Fed Up With Immigrants

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:04 am

17th February 2014

Seven out of ten voters want immigration reduced or stopped completely, according to a poll released last night.

The YouGov survey found strong public concern about immigration, with people saying only the economy will be more important in the 2015 general election.

The poll also revealed six out of ten people believe it is essential that migrants should be able to speak English, while 67 per cent think British people should be given priority for jobs.

The poll was conducted for the Channel 5’s The Big British Immigration Row: Live, which will be screened tonight at 8pm.

Some 70 per cent of voters said they want immigration reduced (49 per cent) or stopped completely (21 per cent).

Almost half of people who support the Liberal Democrats - the party most in favour of immigration - want a cut of halt in the number of new arrivals.

The poll also found 42 per cent of all respondents said immigration will be ‘important’ in deciding how they vote, putting the issue ahead of crime, the NHS, welfare, housing and Europe.

Some 42 per cent of those surveyed also feel that immigration is bad for the economy, compared to 25 per cent who said it was good.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2560908/70-say-no-migrants-Survey-reveals-publics-concerns-immigration.html#ixzz2tZnBPyo3

Back to top Go down

Channel 5 Poll Confirms The British Are Fed Up With Immigrants Empty Re: Channel 5 Poll Confirms The British Are Fed Up With Immigrants

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:25 am

there's a big surprise...let's face it we cannot afford many more..

Back to top Go down

Channel 5 Poll Confirms The British Are Fed Up With Immigrants Empty Re: Channel 5 Poll Confirms The British Are Fed Up With Immigrants

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:30 am

the 25% will get their way , don't you just love democracy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:45 am

Because mass immigration is part of the Agenda.

Migration IS harmful but we will never halt it, pledges Euro chief

https://newsfix.niceboard.com/t2543-migration-is-harmful-but-we-will-never-halt-it-pledges-euro-chief

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Even Eastern Europeans that I know, who've been here ten years say that they are against it!
They're particularly against the Romanians.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:48 pm

everyone knows we neither want nor can afford any more migrants, the fact we are still getting them proves what we have known for some time, we are not in control of our country...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:54 pm

The people want an end to uncontrolled immigration.

They want an end to overseas aid.

Labour, Lib Dems, Conservatives insist on carrying on.

What do you think they think of the people?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:55 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:The people want an end to uncontrolled immigration.

They want an end to overseas aid.

Labour, Lib Dems, Conservatives insist on carrying on.

What do you think they think of the people?

I actually believe they can do nothing about it, as they have handed control of this country over... Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Recent pronouncements by EU commissioners that "We know it is causing harm but we will not stop it" make you wonder.

Many people on all sides of the political divide are very concerned and mass immigration of low skilled labour is driving down wages. Unscrupulous employers are exploiting people.

I simply don't understand why all politicians are saying we know what our people think but we know best. I think the Labour party have learned from the lessons and will implement controls.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Phoenix wrote:Recent pronouncements by EU commissioners that "We know it is causing harm but we will not stop it" make you wonder.

Many people on all sides of the political divide are very concerned and mass immigration of low skilled labour is driving down wages. Unscrupulous employers are exploiting people.

I simply don't understand why all politicians are saying we know what our people think but we know best. I think the Labour party have learned from the lessons and will implement controls.

it's simple the politicians of this country are not in control..it is the only logical answer..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:36 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:17th February 2014

Seven out of ten voters want immigration reduced or stopped completely, according to a poll released last night.

The YouGov survey found strong public concern about immigration, with people saying only the economy will be more important in the 2015 general election.

The poll also revealed six out of ten people believe it is essential that migrants should be able to speak English, while 67 per cent think British people should be given priority for jobs.

The poll was conducted for the Channel 5’s The Big British Immigration Row: Live, which will be screened tonight at 8pm.

Some 70 per cent of voters said they want immigration reduced (49 per cent) or stopped completely (21 per cent).

Almost half of people who support the Liberal Democrats - the party most in favour of immigration - want a cut of halt in the number of new arrivals.

The poll also found 42 per cent of all respondents said immigration will be ‘important’ in deciding how they vote, putting the issue ahead of crime, the NHS, welfare, housing and Europe.

Some 42 per cent of those surveyed also feel that immigration is bad for the economy, compared to 25 per cent who said it was good.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2560908/70-say-no-migrants-Survey-reveals-publics-concerns-immigration.html#ixzz2tZnBPyo3

Those moaning faced Brits should go elsewhere then! :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Saw this CH5 programme as having a strong pro immigration bias.

The NHS part of the 'debate' in particular focused on the numbers, 11% overall, and 26% Doctors who are immigrants. And the argument that these people were needed to make up the numbers of staff and to remove them would collapse the NHS.

What they didn't mention was that the shortage of training our own people was a deliberate political policy dating back decades, and also that many of our home grown and trained doctors are required to finish their training abroad.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:17th February 2014

Those moaning faced  Brits should go elsewhere then! :D 

Hahaha! Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:01 pm

I think there's a world of difference between Britons wanting immigration slowed or stopped, and Britons being "fed up with immigrants." If I were "fed up" I think I'd want to see mass deportations. The largest single group, nearly half, just wants to see it slowed down.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think there's a world of difference between Britons wanting immigration slowed or stopped, and Britons being "fed up with immigrants." If I were "fed up" I think I'd want to see mass deportations. The largest single group, nearly half, just wants to see it slowed down.

Channel 5 Poll Confirms The British Are Fed Up With Immigrants Agree15 Ben, it needs to be controlled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think there's a world of difference between Britons wanting immigration slowed or stopped, and Britons being "fed up with immigrants." If I were "fed up" I think I'd want to see mass deportations. The largest single group, nearly half, just wants to see it slowed down.

As I've said before in these polls - let's have a referendum, where people can tick a box in private - then we'll get some real results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:50 pm

I would like to see evidence of where the British public were ever consulted and gave their permission in any democratic process in the first place?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down