NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custer's Last Man - I Survived Little Big Horn

3 posters

Go down

Custer's Last Man - I Survived Little Big Horn Empty Custer's Last Man - I Survived Little Big Horn

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Fascinating and worth watching

This documentary is even better to me, that shows the extent of how badly Custer was outgunned.

It also shows that the Native Indian accounts match the archeology of the battle

I have also read a great book on this by Nathaniel Philbrick, called "The Last Stand" which is similar to the video detective work of the battle

Well worth the read.

Back to top Go down

Custer's Last Man - I Survived Little Big Horn Empty Re: Custer's Last Man - I Survived Little Big Horn

Post by Vintage Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 pm

This looks very interesting, I'll have to have a look.
I watched a programme where the battle was mapped out as it proceeded that was interesting, seems this builds on that.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Custer's Last Man - I Survived Little Big Horn Empty Re: Custer's Last Man - I Survived Little Big Horn

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 pm

I always felt that knowing the lie of the land gave the indigenous natives an advantage in their many battles.

(Bit like how the taleban's knowledge of the layout of their land and those network of caves, thwarted the  americans for ages. But Obama got his man in the end.)

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:49 am

Vintage wrote:This looks very interesting, I'll have to have a look.
I watched a programme where the battle was mapped out as it proceeded that was interesting, seems this builds on that.

You will really enjoy the detective one Vintage

Definately worth the watch

There is similar ones for other battlies, like for example Agincourt. Where it was not really the Longbow that won the battle, but a combination of factors that caused a bigger well armoured army to lose the battle. Seen this a long time ago, but is fascinating also

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 am

Jules, Obama got nothing, it was brave Soldiers,[Seals] who got him !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Touchée . . . . .  but surely my meaning is understood?  Custer's Last Man - I Survived Little Big Horn 2190311264 

When Dubya was shouting "operation shock & awe, let's go"  & "hammertime" ,  we did not think he was going to do it himself, did we?

It's rare that state leaders personally participate in battle these days - God, you'd have to go as far back as GeorgeII or III (i forget which exact one) to find a UK one who did.  Shocked

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down