NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why should we treat violent child rapists from Bermuda...dont we have enough paedophiles here already?

+2
Vintage
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Why should we treat violent child rapists from Bermuda...dont we have enough paedophiles here already? Empty Why should we treat violent child rapists from Bermuda...dont we have enough paedophiles here already?

Post by Syl Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Violent pervert with NO links to Britain who raped a five-year-old girl in his native Bermuda is sent to the UK for taxpayer-funded NHS treatment.

"Merrick Seaman was jailed in Bermuda in 2011 for attacking a five-year-old girl.
Court ruled the 33-year-old should be sent to Britain for mental health treatment.
He was judged 'likely' to still be a danger to the community unless action taken.
Seaman told doctors he would go on killing spree if he was ever freed from care.
The British overseas territory lacks high-security accommodation in a hospital."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6339361/Violent-pervert-raped-five-year-old-girl-Bermuda-sent-UK-NHS-treatment.html
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why should we treat violent child rapists from Bermuda...dont we have enough paedophiles here already? Empty Re: Why should we treat violent child rapists from Bermuda...dont we have enough paedophiles here already?

Post by Vintage Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:42 pm

What kind of treatment is he getting here that they couldn't deliver in Bermuda, surely they have sharp knives there.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why should we treat violent child rapists from Bermuda...dont we have enough paedophiles here already? Empty Re: Why should we treat violent child rapists from Bermuda...dont we have enough paedophiles here already?

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Syl wrote:Violent pervert with NO links to Britain who raped a five-year-old girl in his native Bermuda is sent to the UK for taxpayer-funded NHS treatment.

"Merrick Seaman was jailed in Bermuda in 2011 for attacking a five-year-old girl.
Court ruled the 33-year-old should be sent to Britain for mental health treatment.
He was judged 'likely' to still be a danger to the community unless action taken.
Seaman told doctors he would go on killing spree if he was ever freed from care.
The British overseas territory lacks high-security accommodation in a hospital."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6339361/Violent-pervert-raped-five-year-old-girl-Bermuda-sent-UK-NHS-treatment.html

Bermuda is a British colony, so that's probably why.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Violent pervert with NO links to Britain who raped a five-year-old girl in his native Bermuda is sent to the UK for taxpayer-funded NHS treatment.

Bermuda is a British colony, so that's probably why.

We have enough mentally ill patients already living here that urgently need medical help and are denied it. We have schizophrenics walking around on the streets when they should be in a secure unit, we have young kids waiting up to two years to get an appointment with a therapist when they feel suicidal.

It's ridiculous that we have to import mentally ill paedophiles and give them preferential treatment.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Vintage wrote:What kind of treatment is he getting here that they couldn't deliver in Bermuda, surely they have sharp knives there.

Or cages.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:09 pm

In Manchester alone we have between 400 and 500 hundred homeless people, some of them are sleeping rough at any one time, people die when they have no bed to go to at night..
Many of these people suffer from mental illness, money can be far better spend looking after our own mentally ill people who are in dire need of help rather than importing others.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Syl wrote:In Manchester alone we have between 400 and 500 hundred homeless people, some  of them are sleeping rough at any one time, people die when they have no bed to go to at night..
Many of these people suffer from mental illness, money can be far better spend looking after our own mentally ill people who are in dire need of help rather than importing others.

For far too long this country has played Lord and Lady Bountiful towards the requirements of disadvantaged people in other countries at the expense of those in our own, many of whom spent a lifetime paying heavily for what should have been the right to help and support in old age and in times of need.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:In Manchester alone we have between 400 and 500 hundred homeless people, some  of them are sleeping rough at any one time, people die when they have no bed to go to at night..

For far too long this country has played Lord and Lady Bountiful towards the requirements of disadvantaged people in other countries at the expense of those in our own, many of whom spent a lifetime paying heavily for what should have been the right to help and support in old age and in times of need.

It's a joke.
The NHS is supposed to look after people from cradle to grave. That should be amended to from cradle till you get old, because the aged end up paying for their own care.
I know people who spent 25 years buying their own homes, only to see their hard work eaten up in four or five years paying for care at the end of their lives.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:02 pm

Syl wrote:...because the aged end up paying for their own care.

Why? What happens to NHS when you get old?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:...because the aged end up paying for their own care.

Why?  What happens to NHS when you get old?

If a person cant look after themselves and has to go into residential care they have to fund it themselves, that is they do if they have savings or a home.
Average cost in the UK is £30.000 pa.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:37 am

How the hell can it cost £30,000 for a year ? some ones ripping us off !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:31 am

nicko wrote:How the hell can it cost £30,000 for a year ?    some ones ripping us off !

Of course people are being ripped off Nicko, and 30 grand is cheap compared to many care homes.

But the point I was making, it will cost a damn site more than 30 grand pa to keep this man in prison with intensive therapy...possibly for life. He has never set foot here, yet people who are born and bred here, who have paid in all their working lives, who then at the end of their lives when they need the care....they have to pay a fortune for it themselves.

Their lifetime savings and family home can be taken from them in a short few years.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:38 am

I just checked, 30 grand is a very conservative estimate and that is for the lowest level of care in this area.
Double the price if you live in the London area and need nursing care.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:21 pm

I'd like to see a breakdown of these costs !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:45 pm

nicko wrote:I'd like to see a breakdown of these costs !

I think many people would.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:12 pm

I get about inflation and well remember the increase in prices with decimalisation but why does everything cost such mind numbing amounts of money these days? One fighter plane £114 million, it'll apparently get cheaper as production goes on and I expect the Mary Rose cost a lot in her time but it's like Germany and their thousand marks for a cup of coffee kind of thing.
Considering what the help in care homes get paid and how little most elderly people eat where does all the fees go, suppose heating is quite a hefty cost.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Vintage wrote: I get about inflation and well remember the increase in prices with decimalisation but why does everything cost such mind numbing amounts of money these days? One fighter plane £114 million, it'll apparently get cheaper as production goes on and I expect the Mary Rose cost a lot in her time but it's like Germany and their thousand marks for a cup of coffee kind of thing.
Considering what the help in care homes get paid and how little most elderly people eat where does all the fees go, suppose heating is quite a hefty cost.  

Profit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:04 pm

Huge profits, and many care homes are privately owned and charge whatever they like. Council run ones are the cheapest obviously, but they can also cost in excess of 30 grand a year for basic care...more for nursing care.
Obviously if people dont have a home or savings to fund their care they dont pay.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Syl wrote:Huge profits, and many care homes are privately owned and charge whatever they like. Council run ones are the cheapest obviously, but they can also cost in excess of 30 grand a year for basic care...more for nursing care.
Obviously if people dont have a home or savings to fund their care they dont pay.

You are so mistaken on that Syl

https://www.which.co.uk/later-life-care/financing-care/care-home-finance/care-home-fees-akdbv8k3kwln

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:Huge profits, and many care homes are privately owned and charge whatever they like. Council run ones are the cheapest obviously, but they can also cost in excess of 30 grand a year for basic care...more for nursing care.

https://www.which.co.uk/later-life-care/financing-care/care-home-finance/care-home-fees-akdbv8k3kwln

Why am I wrong?
I just used the link you provided and it varies from over £31.000 to over £37.000 in my area....which is N/W....far cheaper than the South.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Why am I wrong?
I just used the link you provided and it varies from over £31.000 to over £37.000 in my area....which is N/W....far cheaper than the South.

So its not based on profit is it?

Think about it, if council run?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Why am I wrong?

Do you think councils dont want to make money?

Can you justify the exhorbitant fees that people have to fork out for care in later years? I cant.

Incidentally, in many areas actually getting a place in a decent council run care or nursing home is like looking for hens teeth.
My mil waited in hospital for many months before being found a home, and she was 102 at the time, deaf and blind, with severe mobility issues.

Last edited by Syl on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Can you justify the exhorbitant fees that people have to fork out for care in later years? I cant.

Incidentally, in many areas actually getting a place in a decent council run care or nursing home is like looking for hens teeth.
My mil waited in hospital for many months before being found a home, and she was 102 at the time, deaf and blind, with severe mobility issues.
Because

Misdirection

I never made any view on fees

You did

I questioned the validity of your claim

Can you back it up Syl?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:47 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Because

Misdirection

You did

Can you back it up Syl?

This is my post...what exactly arguing about?

"Huge profits, and many care homes are privately owned and charge whatever they like. Council run ones are the cheapest obviously, but they can also cost in excess of 30 grand a year for basic care...more for nursing care.
Obviously if people dont have a home or savings to fund their care they dont pay."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Misdirection

You did

Can you back it up Syl?

"Huge profits, and many care homes are privately owned and charge whatever they like. Council run ones are the cheapest obviously, but they can also cost in excess of 30 grand a year for basic care...more for nursing care.
Obviously if people dont have a home or savings to fund their care they dont pay."

That is not backing it up with numbers is it syl?

Seriously?

Now you need to back this up with the average cost for the area

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Seriously?

I already told you what the cost was for care in my area. scratch
Whether its council run or privately run if a person owns a home or has savings they will pay the full amount of care...around £600 to £800pw minimum in this area.

If they have less money than £24.000 in total they will contribute towards their care the council will subsidise.

If they dont have anything other than a pension that will be taken and a small amount left weekly for their personal care.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:06 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Seriously?

Whether its council run or privately run if a person owns a home or has savings they will pay the full amount of care...around £600 to £800pw minimum in this area.

If they have less money than £24.000 in total they will contribute towards their care the council will subsidise.

If they dont have anything other than a pension that will be taken and a small amount left weekly for their personal care.

So you have one place and not an area

That is not in my opinion an average syl, is it?

My view is this and its the greatest shame of this country. Families now look to pay others to take care of those that spent 18 years or more raising us. That now, we place them into homes. Without any real due or care. Thinking they will be cared for. I am sorry, but at no point when we were raised did they place us into care and yet we never share the same love and due care. Sadly we ship them off, as no better than cast off's. When we claim money is the problem, then people have forgtton, how they were raised and thus see them as a burden. Hence my point. If you have family, nobody, should be placed in a home.

Period

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

My view is this and its the greatest shame of this country. Families now look to pay others to take care of those that spent 18 years or more raising us. That now, we place them into homes. Without any real due or care. Thinking they will be cared for. I am sorry, but at no point when we were raised did they place us into care and yet we never share the same love and due care. Sadly we ship them off, as no better than cast off's. When we claim money is the problem, then people have forgtton, how they were raised and thus see them as a burden. Hence my point. If you have family, nobody, should be placed in a home.

Period

Those are figures quoted from my area....other areas could be decidedly more expensive.

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing.

And incidentally, if an aged person remains in their own home do you think the council care is then free?
It isnt....it's minimum £20 per hour.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Period

That has absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing.

And incidentally, if an aged person remains in their own home do you think the council care is then free?

Really?

Please point out, what was not to do with this?

I think people have fogotten, where charity was first learnt, at home, Parents spend the greater part of their lives raising children, only to be forgoten. You say that has got nothing to do with it?

I say it has everything to do with the poor attitude people now have when they ship off the elderly into homes

This has nothing to do with costs, it has everything to do with the poor and quite frankly. Piss poor attitude everyone now has to their parents when old and the elderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

That has absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing.

Really?

I think people have fogotten, where charity was first learnt, at home, Parents spend the greater part of their lives raising children, only to be forgoten. You say that has got nothing to do with it?

I say it has everything to do with the poor attitude people now have when they ship off the elderly into homes

This has nothing to do with costs, it has everything to do with the poor and quite frankly. Piss poor attitude everyone now has to their parents when old and the elderly

It's a completely different subject.
The debate was about people here having to pay for care in later life whilst we (GB) are importing a paedophile, murderous schizophrenic from Bermuda to be incarcerated and get the care he needs, free of charge, and possibly for life.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Really?

It's a completely different subject.
The debate was about people here having to pay for care in later life whilst we (GB) are importing a paedophile,  murderous schizophrenic  from Bermuda to be incarcerated and get the care he needs, free of charge, and possibly for life.

Well this place is a British colony and thus we are responsible for such care or placing people in prison

I have a friend in the Police force out there, who has been there 15 years

He would not be there on your backward views

We hold responsibility, when we take charge of over seas property. Its why we went to war in the Falklands, or do you not understand that?

Hence unless you think we should give the Falkland Islands to the Argentianians, then every person on that island, is our responsibility. Even the criminals.

Do you understand that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:38 pm

For one thing, things are slightly different to what it used to be, families tend to be smaller and not always living in the same area as they used to, a son or daughter, usually a daughter would give up any hope of a family of their own, to stay at home and care for their elderly parents, sometimes there were enough daughters and daughters in law living in close proximity to take care of things. Now both partners tend to work and there are usually only one or two children to do the caring. I can talk about this because I and my OH have been there and done it for 10 years in total. Consequently our children brought themselves up, our own lives didn't exist anymore, sleep was a luxury, the physical care was relatively easy, when the mental deterioration set in, while still being physically able and strong minded, life became hell. We felt we had to do our duty even though there were siblings who were 'too far away, too busy' to assist, it left us exhausted physically and mentally, both of us suffered serious health issues in the years afterwards, I remember there were times when I wished I was dead and gone so did my OH, so don't disrespect people who feel they can't care for elderly relatives, with children, however hard parenting is, it gets better, caring for elderly relatives can get physically and emotionally worse.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Vintage wrote:For one thing, things are slightly different to what it used to be, families tend to be smaller and not always living in the same area as they used to, a son or daughter, usually a daughter would give up any hope of a family of their own, to stay at home and care for their elderly parents, sometimes there were enough daughters and daughters in law living in close proximity to take care of things. Now both partners tend to work and there are usually only one or two children to do the caring.  I can talk about this because I and my OH have been there and done it for 10 years in total. Consequently our children brought themselves up, our own lives didn't exist anymore, sleep was a luxury, the physical care was relatively easy, when the mental deterioration set in, while still being physically able and strong minded, life became hell. We felt we had to do our duty even though there were siblings who were 'too far away, too busy' to assist, it left us exhausted physically and mentally, both of us suffered serious health issues in the years afterwards, I remember there were times when I wished I was dead and gone so did my OH, so don't disrespect people who feel they can't care for elderly relatives, with children, however hard parenting is, it gets better, caring for elderly relatives can get physically and emotionally worse.

I sometimes think people who make such thoughtless remarks have never been in that position...it's easy to condemn when you have never walked in that persons shoes.
I have been in that position too Vintage, and it's probably the most heartbreaking decision I ever had to make. Everyones circumstances are different, and whilst there may be some who just want to offload parents to get them out of the way, others do it because it's the best decision, knowing they will have the  trained  nursing care 24/7 to fit their various needs.

I also think some people who DONT consider proper care for their parents give inadequate care at home because they dont want to see their inheritance eaten up by astronomical care home or home care fees.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Now that I think about it it would have been better for everyone if we had considered a nursing home, especially by the time we were totally exhausted trying to do it all, most importantly my mother in law, as you say, would have had constant care and although conversation was off the menu, companionship, even just having someone in the same room would surely be a comfort. My brother in law's mother in law was in a very good expensive private home, for most of the time she was ok mentally, she did have mobility issues but she loved it there, she was treated like royalty, considering the rates she should have been. We had a council run home near us and it had a wonderful name for caring and for keeping the dignity of the residents, the matron was always trying to get money to improve the place and comforts for the residents, it all went a bit pear shaped as with everything after the financial crisis or meltdown whatever it was. Its always ordinary folk who end up carrying the can, the top officials in the banks the tax payer bailed out are still racking in ridiculous bonuses.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Vintage wrote:Now that I think about it it would have been better for everyone if we had considered a nursing home, especially by the time we were totally exhausted trying to do it all, most importantly my mother in law, as you say, would have had constant care and although conversation was off the menu, companionship, even just having someone in the same room would surely be a comfort. My brother in law's mother in law was in a very good expensive private home, for most of the time she was ok mentally, she did have mobility issues but she loved it there, she was treated like royalty, considering the rates she should have been. We had a council run home near us and it had a wonderful name for caring and for keeping the dignity of the residents, the matron was always trying to get money to improve the place and comforts for the residents, it all went a bit pear shaped as with everything after the financial crisis or meltdown whatever it was. Its always ordinary folk who end up carrying the can, the top officials in the banks the tax payer bailed out are still racking in ridiculous bonuses.  
Vintage you do what you do at the time and if you do it with love you cant do anymore.
I looked after my own mum for 10 years when she was housebound, if I could I would have looked after her for the last few years of her life too but it wasnt to be.

I'm sure you were a lovely daughter and daughter in law. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down