NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory

+6
Fred Moletrousers
gerber
Vintage
Irn Bru
Andy
Phoenix
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory Empty Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory Labour-leader-Ed-Milliband-2950565

Labour are on course for election victory after enjoying an uninterrupted lead over the Tories for TWO years, our poll reveals today.

No party with an unbroken two-year lead has failed to win the following election in the past 40 years.

Today’s Sunday Mirror/ComRes survey puts Labour up two points on 37 per cent, the Tories also up two on 32 per cent, with the UK Independence Party down four on 15 per cent. The Lib Dems – up one point – trail in fourth place on nine per cent.

If a general election were held tomorrow, Labour leader Ed Miliband would be PM with a 60-seat Commons majority, our poll indicates.

The Tories would drop 59 seats while the Lib Dems would lose 36. UKIP would not win a single seat.

The last time the Tories were ahead in our poll was February 2012 when they were on 39 per cent with Labour at 38 per cent, the Lib Dems on 10 per cent and UKIP at five per cent.

ComRes expert Adam Ludlow said: “Going back to 1970, no party has ever avoided going behind in the main polls for two years without going on to form a government after the following election.”

The big losers are UKIP. Despite coming second behind Labour but ahead of the Tories in this week’s Wythenshawe and Sale East by-election, their popularity has plunged by four points.

UKIP have also lost the lead they had in our last poll as “most favoured” party. Just 24 per cent said they were most favourable towards UKIP – behind Labour on 31 per cent and the Tories on 28 per cent.

The public remained more favourable towards Mr Cameron (31 per cent) than the Tory Party (28 per cent) and less favourable towards Ed Miliband (22 per cent) than Labour generally (31 per cent).

ComRes interviewed 2,031 adults.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ed-milibands-labour-party-track-3150615#ixzz2tUbAyOa9
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

::sexbnan:  ::sexbnan:  ::sexbnan:

Back to top Go down

Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory Empty Re: Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:52 pm

Guess that must be true if the daily Mirror says so. Do thry have him winning next year's Big Brother too?

rabbit 

Back to top Go down

Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory Empty Re: Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Tess. wrote:Guess that must be true if the daily Mirror says so.  Do thry have him winning next year's Big Brother too?

rabbit 

Com Res are an independent polling organisation, you have to face the fact that our first past the post voting system means UKIP are stuffed, and won't get a single seat at the next election!  lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Yeah amazing that they can predict over 18 months ahead before anyone has actually got their manifestos out.

No party has gone from start up to taking 3rd place in 20 years either - which means historical data cannot (and if people have intelligence) will not be applied to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:06 pm

sphinx wrote:Yeah amazing that they can predict over 18 months ahead before anyone has actually got their manifestos out.

No party has gone from start up to taking 3rd place in 20 years either - which means historical data cannot (and if people have intelligence) will not be applied to them.

The stats suggest that no party in Labours position has failed to win the following election for forty years!
That sounds good to me!
I can't wait to crow about it, when UKIP fail to get a single seat!

cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:Yeah amazing that they can predict over 18 months ahead before anyone has actually got their manifestos out.

The stats suggest that no party in Labours position has failed to win the following election for forty years!
That sounds good to me!

cheers cheers cheers 

Well we will see wont we?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:21 pm

Catman wrote:

That sounds good to me!

cheers cheers cheers 
By the same standard no party that's only existed for a few years has beaten the current governing party into third place in by-elections. Plus you forget the UK isn't really governed at home any more, it's governed by the EU - and guess who's going to win the most seats in the EU elections in May?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:31 pm

You would need a PR voting system, for UKIP to stand any chance of gaining a seat in parliament at the next election.
That's never going to happen.
Even if they did win a few seats, that's still not enough for them to have any kind of real power in politics, but you RW scum carry on deluding yourselves if you so wish! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Catman wrote:You would need a PR voting system, for UKIP to stand any chance of gaining a seat in parliament at the next election.
Even if they did win a few seats, that's still not enough for them to have any kind of real power in politics, but you RW scum carry on deluding yourselves if you so wish!  Laughing

We have over 18 months - and we only need to win a single seat (which I am confident we will do) to bring the current system down completely.

As for having any kind of real power in politics - UKIP already have that. The Tories are changing their policies because of us, Lib dems try to steal our policies and Labour has instigated a task force to combat us.

As for RW scum - is that what you call the likes of John Bickley? You would do better if you actually understood that the fight is no longer between LW and RW - Tories and Labour agree on just about everything these days. The fight is now Big government versus small government and UKIP provide the only real alternative.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:55 pm

sphinx wrote:
Catman wrote:You would need a PR voting system, for UKIP to stand any chance of gaining a seat in parliament at the next election.
Even if they did win a few seats, that's still not enough for them to have any kind of real power in politics, but you RW scum carry on deluding yourselves if you so wish!  Laughing

We have over 18 months - and we only need to win a single seat (which I am confident we will do) to bring the current system down completely.

As for having any kind of real power in politics - UKIP already have that.  The Tories are changing their policies because of us, Lib dems try to steal our policies and Labour has instigated a task force to combat us.

As for RW scum - is that what you call the likes of John Bickley?  You would do better if you actually understood that the fight is no longer between LW and RW - Tories and Labour agree on just about everything these days. The fight is now Big government versus small government and UKIP provide the only real alternative.

What a load of old bull!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:

As for having any kind of real power in politics - UKIP already have that.  The Tories are changing their policies because of us, Lib dems try to steal our policies and Labour has instigated a task force to combat us.

As for RW scum - is that what you call the likes of John Bickley?  You would do better if you actually understood that the fight is no longer between LW and RW - Tories and Labour agree on just about everything these days. The fight is now Big government versus small government and UKIP provide the only real alternative.

We'll see wont we.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:

I take it you are the forum abuser? Is everyone labelled right wing scum on arrival. A simple deviation from your view elicits right wing scum.

I am warming to right wing scum and decidedly going cool on fellow left wingers who clearly lack the ability to string a coherent sentence together and whose dictionary is a Profanosaurus.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Catman wrote:

I take it you are the forum abuser? Is everyone labelled right wing scum on arrival. A simple deviation from your view elicits right wing scum.

I am warming to right wing scum and decidedly going cool on fellow left wingers who clearly lack the ability to string a coherent sentence together and whose dictionary is a Profanosaurus.

Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory FACBOOK-POSSSSSST

Troll C**T!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:04 pm

On topic Ed Milliband has provided a creditable performance as leader unlike Cameron who can't run a bath.

Ed will have to provide policies though before that election is guaranteed. I think people are crying out for traditional Labour policies not those of New labour.

Taxes will have to rise to pay for spending buy clearly they have to be careful in the delivery of that message.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Catman wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Ed Miliband's Labour Party on track for general election victory FACBOOK-POSSSSSST

Troll C**T!

Enough I have read about you on Flaps all that I read is correct you are indeed a vile little prick.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Catman wrote:

Troll C**T!

Enough I have read about you on Flaps all that I read is correct you are indeed a vile little prick.

Off course you have!  Rolling Eyes 

We know what you lot are up to Drinky, Andy started a thread about it in announcements yesterday.

Idiot scum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:16 pm

If you read Bens note you idiot you would realise I am not actually Drinky. Frankly this place isn't worth the bother if you are representative.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Phoenix wrote:If you read Bens note you idiot you would realise I am not actually Drinky. Frankly this place isn't worth the bother if you are representative.

lol!  Piss off then!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:04 pm

On the other hand why should I move on because of a forum bigot Why don't you piss off you low life prick. lol! 

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Phoenix wrote:On the other hand why should I move on because of a forum bigot Why don't you piss off you low life prick. lol! 

Ben banned the forum bigots, and then he introduced the new rules.

Go figure.

Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Catman wrote:

Clearly you haven't read Durham's obscene and crude bile on flop.
Rw, scum AND incoherent.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Back to the topic in hand.

Labour should actually be out of sight of the Tories in the polls at the moment but they're not and that's got to be a worry for them.
This lot in government are so bad on so many things but they're still hanging on and could still make it to another coalition with the LibDems.
Labour really need to get stuck into them and quickly.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Oh leave it out Mr Catman and Handy Andy.

We're not on flip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Milliband needs at least to enter into dialogue with Clegg.
Labour will win by an outright majority, but tbh, the LibDem moderation of the tories is by using policies not too far adrift of Labour's.
If it transpires a coilition is needed, it will have already been discussed at length, and only the finer details will need negotiating.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:29 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Milliband needs at least to enter into dialogue with Clegg.
Labour will win by an outright majority, but tbh, the LibDem moderation of the tories is by using policies not too far adrift of Labour's.
If it transpires a coilition is needed, it will have already been discussed at length, and only the finer details will need negotiating.

Clegg has suggested that he would go into coalition with Labour, but ONLY if they stick to the present governments austerity measures!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ...Wolves in sheep's clothing, they need to be sent back to the wilderness, where they were beforehand!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Catman wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Milliband needs at least to enter into dialogue with Clegg.

Clegg has suggested that he would go into coalition with Labour, but ONLY if they stick to the present governments austerity measures!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ...Wolves in sheep's clothing, they need to be sent back to the wilderness, where they were beforehand!

Clegg is probably just trying to save his skin in the event that a coalition with Labour is the only choice available. If that is the case then he may actually be a casualty in that and not survive.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:33 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Oh leave it out Mr Catman and Handy Andy.

We're not on flip.
I was replying directly about Penis's ludicrous, sweeping assertion that lw'ers are incoherent and impolite.
My example of one of the seedier elements of that rw site rather dispels the lie.

Ha ha, just discovered my phone's auto correct changes an incorrectly spelt "phoenix"into "penis".
I think the latter name suits that poster better.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Catman wrote:

Clegg is probably just trying to save his skin in the event that a coalition with Labour is the only choice available. If that is the case then he may actually be a casualty in that and not survive.

Exactly Irn.

...Isn't Cable, the favourite to succeed the leadership...

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Cable is an experienced, competent politician, likely to take over if Clegg is ousted.
Milliband has to deal with what he has at present, not with who might be the LibDem leader next year.
My belief is that Labour will win outright, but it will do Milliband no harm politically if he is seen to talking to the Libs, and discussing and embracing the best parts of their policies (which probably will be similar to his own)
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Cable is an experienced,  competent politician, likely to take over if Clegg is ousted.
Milliband has to deal with what he has at present, not with who might be the LibDem leader next year.
My belief is that Labour will win outright, but it will do Milliband no harm politically if he is seen to talking to the Libs, and discussing and embracing the best parts of their policies (which probably will be similar to his own)

I fully agree with you Andy, that Labour needs to win outright.

Another coalition with those Liberal turncoat wankers, will just be more of the same IMO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:54 pm

Miliband is a completely unelectable man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Boy are you in for a shock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:03 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Miliband is a completely unelectable man.

No he isn't!  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Why can't you discuss an issue without calling anyone scum?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Some individual local Liberal councilors are very good at local politics, that's as far as it goes imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:10 pm

Vintage wrote:

Why can't you discuss an issue without calling anyone scum?

Most of my posts don't tbf!  clown 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Back to the topic in hand.

Labour should actually be out of sight of the Tories in the polls at the moment but they're not and that's got to be a worry for them.
This lot in government are so bad on so many things but they're still hanging on and could still make it to another coalition with the LibDems.
Labour really need to get stuck into them and quickly.

Sir

From the right..................... i could not agree with you more................ Milli and his merri band of men should be, but they are not. The scary scenario is Cable and co who just want power at any cost will discuss, not on behalf of the you me and everyone else on the forum but purely for himself and the title.

On behalf of us all Conservative and Labour _ the guy and his ego needs stopping.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:23 pm

Much as I disagree with Cable and his selling off of Royal Mail for a pittance, he's got more brains in his little finger that the Conservative party could manage if they put all their heads together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Sassy wrote:Much as I disagree with Cable and his selling off of Royal Mail for a pittance, he's got more brains in his little finger that the Conservative party could manage if they put all their heads together.

Would you want them to be involved in another coalition government though, when they have shown over the student fees, they have constantly supported the austerity cuts etc...They only good thing that they have ever done in coalition, was to block the boundary changes, and that was because they woz pissed off about the PR issue thing!

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:Much as I disagree with Cable and his selling off of Royal Mail for a pittance, he's got more brains in his little finger that the Conservative party could manage if they put all their heads together.

Would you want them to be involved in another coalition government though, when they have shown over the student fees, they have constantly supported the austerity cuts etc...They only good thing that they have ever done in coalition, was to block the boundary changes, and that was because they woz pissed off about the PR issue thing!

lol! 

Bingo
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 pm

They did it because they smelt success, however small and short-lived it might be, and they sold everything to taste it.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:45 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:They did it because they smelt success, however small and short-lived it might be, and they sold everything to taste it.

Are we in the minority of common sense ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:46 pm

That ain't what you are in the minority on Gerbs lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:47 pm

gerber wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:They did it because they smelt success, however small and short-lived it might be, and they sold everything to taste it.

Are we in the minority of common sense  ?

Quite possibly.

There's no doubt about it - that Cleggy really looked like a thoroughly nice bloke before the elections. He reminds me of Blair now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:32 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
gerber wrote:

Are we in the minority of common sense  ?

Quite possibly.

There's no doubt about it - that Cleggy really looked like a thoroughly nice bloke before the elections.  He reminds me of Blair now.

lol! ...Tony was right at the time, but Milliband is right now!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:35 am

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Quite possibly.

There's no doubt about it - that Cleggy really looked like a thoroughly nice bloke before the elections.  He reminds me of Blair now.

lol! ...Tony was right at the time, but Milliband is right now!

Nightcap required......................... maybe i can offer you one too...............

Milli can never be right..............David could have been
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:09 pm

I'm very, very happy at all this Labour euphoria.....

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=ctbo-gl-gen1&type=&p=neil+kinnocki+we%27re+alright+utube
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Oh leave it out Mr Catman and Handy Andy.

We're not on flip.
I was replying directly about Penis's ludicrous, sweeping assertion that lw'ers are incoherent and impolite.
My example of one of the seedier elements of that rw site rather dispels the lie.

Ha ha, just discovered my phone's auto correct changes an incorrectly spelt "phoenix"into "penis".

I was referring to Catman who is rude to everyone right of Lenin.

Check out his erudite insults to everyone.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Fuck off Drinky.

Last edited by Catman on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Catman wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Fuck off Drinky.

There you have it. Now do you understand my comment.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next