NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

role of natural selection...

4 posters

Go down

role of natural selection... Empty role of natural selection...

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:23 pm

rather than constantly waste time, money and effort on keeping things safe so idiots don't get hurt, should we leave them to it and if they are daft enough to get themselves killed, they are probably better out of the gene pool..

Back to top Go down

role of natural selection... Empty Re: role of natural selection...

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:25 pm

heavenly father wrote:rather than constantly waste time, money and effort on keeping things safe so idiots don't get hurt, should we leave them to it and if they are daft enough to get themselves killed, they are probably better out of the gene pool..

Problem with extending that is at some point you run into the Stephen Hawking question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:30 pm

sphinx wrote:
heavenly father wrote:rather than constantly waste time, money and effort on keeping things safe so idiots don't get hurt, should we leave them to it and if they are daft enough to get themselves killed, they are probably better out of the gene pool..

Problem with extending that is at some point you run into the Stephen Hawking question.

i'm certainly not looking to create the new super race or anything and not shooting the disabled, its just that health and safety has got to such a pitch that we are trying to keep people safe that perhaps shouldn't be..

let's face it we all have examples of health and safety or rules that are just ridiculous.. :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:41 pm

heavenly father wrote:
sphinx wrote:

i'm certainly not looking to create the new super race or anything and not shooting the disabled, its just that health and safety has got to such a pitch that we are trying to keep people safe that perhaps shouldn't be..

let's face it we all have examples of health and safety or rules that are just ridiculous.. :D 

Thats great but where do you draw the line?

When the person dead is your loved one and there is a way it could have been prevented you tend to want to know why it was not prevented.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:14 pm

sphinx wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

When the person dead is your loved one and there is a way it could have been prevented you tend to want to know why it was not prevented.

that is a fair point but if it carries on like it is we will have a sign saying stop at the top of every ladder and a sign saying open other end on a bottle of milk... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Natural selection has selected human beings not for robust immune systems or large talons but for intelligence and cooperative behavior. Our nomadic ancestors in Africa didn't survive by being individuals who could survive predator attacks but by organizing into groups that could survive predator attacks.

Group selection has been the driving force behind human evolution, not individual selection.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:15 pm

i very seldom use copy and paste, what would be the point of showing evidence you would just say its source is biased, perhaps one day you will be able to come to your own conclusions...though i doubt it.... :D  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Beekeeper wrote:clown 

"come to your own conclusions.."   ???

YOU really DO spout a load of puerile cobblers, h_f   !!!!

i have to make it simple so you understand... :D :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:48 pm

heavenly father wrote:
sphinx wrote:

that is a fair point but if it carries on like it is we will have a sign saying stop at the top of every ladder and a sign saying open other end on a bottle of milk... :D 

You know as well as anyone ALL of the "stupid" H&S law originates ELSEWHERE than the health and safety executive. Usually from brain dead management or "lefty" head teachers
The health and safety executive actually have a page on their website debunking the H&S idiocy.
they are there to stop exploitative employers endangering their employees.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:35 am

I agree with HF

there is point that it has got stupid now.

Let the weak and dumb kill themselves, Prevent idiocracry :::grouch:: :::grouch:: :::grouch::

@sphinx
where do you draw the line? well I'd say somewhere before requiring chainsaw manufactures to put on warnings "do not attempt to stop chain with any body part; including hands, face and genitalia"
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:43 am

one assumes then veya, that you approve of allowing the weak to starve, the powerless sick to die for lack of care and medication, that only the rich and powerful have the "right to live"?? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:50 am

Lets face it, if natural selection worked, people like HF wouldn't exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:24 am

victorismyhero wrote:one assumes then veya, that you approve of allowing the weak to starve, the powerless sick to die for lack of care and medication, that only the rich and powerful have the "right to live"?? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Only If they don’t give in the Glorious land of Oz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
No, I don’t think I said that, But If you think Stopping a chainsaw blade with you genitals is a good idea, I don't see why society should stop you?

But on a flip side, I think we do have more than enough humans. Is it moral to wipe another species out altogether, make every individual of that species extinct, so a deformed cripple that would have died at birth without medical science can live a few years longer? Rather selfish of humans isn't it.  Neutral  Neutral  Neutral 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:20 am

veya_victaous wrote:I agree with HF

there is point that it has got stupid now.

Let the weak and dumb kill themselves, Prevent idiocracry  :::grouch:: :::grouch:::::grouch::

@sphinx
where do you draw the line? well I'd say somewhere before requiring chainsaw manufactures to put on warnings "do not attempt to stop chain with any body part; including hands, face and genitalia"

They only do that so they're airtight against lawsuits, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:09 am

@ben
and the resources that let some that lets someone sue because no one stopped them trying to stop a chainsaw with their genitals were wasted....
And they now have safety guards on them too, redesigned to stop an idiot putting his genitals in them  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 

Pretty sure this fits into
constantly waste time, money and effort on keeping things safe so idiots don't get hurt, should we leave them to it and if they are daft enough to get themselves killed, they are probably better out of the gene pool.

Lets stop wasting time on idiots that want to put their genitals in chainsaws.  Wink  or think dancing on train-lines is a good idea, half the park-our guys deserve what ever they get.

Let alone skaters

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:28 am

Maybe they should just have a stupidity tax instead.  Laughing 

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down