NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote

+9
Raggamuffin
HoratioTarr
Victorismyhero
Andy
'Wolfie
Eilzel
Syl
eddie
Ben Reilly
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who, if anybody, is coming back?

Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Vote_lcap7%Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Vote_lcap7%Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Vote_lcap47%Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Vote_lcap39%Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Empty Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:41 am

So we've got two users who've recently petitioned to be unbanned.

Both of them irritate the hell out of me and I'd just as soon not let them back.

But in the interest of making myself look like I'm fair and not an iron-fisted dictator (I actually am), I thought we'd put this decision to the people.

It's totally fair - Scrat from the left, HF from the right - so no bitching about that.

The rule is, each of the four options must receive at least five votes in favor.

So do your NF civic duty and vote! (No "I voted" stickers for anyone, sadly.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Empty Re: Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote

Post by eddie Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:45 am

I love a vote!

And I’ve always said, anyone can come back apart from one poster.

So I have cast my vote for both.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote Empty Re: Should we let these two back on? Let's take a vote

Post by Syl Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:01 am

I have never posted with one and I cant remember who the other one is....but as I think on a forum the more the merrier...I have cast my vote accordingly, Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:14 am

I dont like anyone being permenantly banned, so, no matter if Scrat is a raving loon, and Heavenly Father is a vile homophobe

Let them back on

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:36 am

Okay, I’d like the TWO people, who voted “none of them” to step forward and say why.

Otherwise, your vote is null and void, because we have to know you’re not a troll or mutli ID.

So. Let’s hear it. Suspect
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:37 am

Yeah, come on, what's an election without debate? I'd like for those voting Neither to give their reasons for that as well.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:00 am

Alright, I've no intention of debating my points here, since it'll be entirely predictable, but I'll tell you why, since you asked.

HF.
This guy is probably the second worst human being I've encountered on forums. It is no exaggeration whatsoever to say that his views, comments, arguments and associations are exactly the kind of things that have led young LGBT to suicide at worse, or suffer in silence at best. He is disgusting in his rhetoric against Muslims too. His nasty spamming has caused issues on numerous forums, he even got banned on Flap, which says just about everything. If he came close to being anything like he has been EVERY time he's come back here, I'll probably call it a day here tbh. Not because I'm defeatest, but because I'd prefer to discuss on forums not welcoming to the worst of people.

Scrat.
Now tbf, Scrat is not someone I've any personal issues with. We had some run ins before he was banned but nothing major. This is largely due to both being Leftists of course. I appreciate, however, he can get abusive. However, my MAIN reason for not allowing Scrat back in because, as reinstating HF would likely see me eventually leave, I know at least one poster has in the past suggested he'd do the same if Scrat returned. And I respect THAT person WAY too much to allow Scrat to return with that in mind.

Allowing both back, in my opinion, will ruin the place.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:05 am

Eilzel wrote:Alright, I've no intention of debating my points here, since it'll be entirely predictable, but I'll tell you why, since you asked.

HF.
This guy is probably the second worst human being I've encountered on forums. It is no exaggeration whatsoever to say that his views, comments, arguments and associations are exactly the kind of things that have led young LGBT to suicide at worse, or suffer in silence at best. He is disgusting in his rhetoric against Muslims too. His nasty spamming has caused issues on numerous forums, he even got banned on Flap, which says just about everything. If he came close to being anything like he has been EVERY time he's come back here, I'll probably call it a day here tbh. Not because I'm defeatest, but because I'd prefer to discuss on forums not welcoming to the worst of people.

Scrat.
Now tbf, Scrat is not someone I've any personal issues with. We had some run ins before he was banned but nothing major. This is largely due to both being Leftists of course. I appreciate, however, he can get abusive. However, my MAIN reason for not allowing Scrat back in because, as reinstating HF would likely see me eventually leave, I know at least one poster has in the past suggested he'd do the same if Scrat returned. And I respect THAT person WAY too much to allow Scrat to return with that in mind.

Ahh the truely poor mind of a leftist, censurship. Where if you do not like something, its better to brush this under the carpet

Its also the worst defeatest attitute, in that you believe nobody can ever change their minds on something and here lies the difference between you and me

I never loose faith in humanity and yet you clearly do

No matter that HF happens to be utterly rude and applling at times or Scrat a raving loon with a potty mouth, I am an advocate of free speech. One of the fundemenatl principles of Liberalism

And frankly if you cannot deal with heated issues or problems within the forum, then why on earth did you take the position to be a moderater? It was never going to be a cushy role. You simple cannot push people to one side, just because you dislike their views or how they act. The place has rules in place, which means the mods are then able to moderate from them

Your personal feelings should never come into this, as that shows a bias

Any incident should be based on the act and not on the view of the actual poster themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:44 am

pirat

I voted "neither"...

While I wouldn't be worried to see Scrat back on, if so it would then be unfair not to allow HF back at the same time.

I truly despise people like HF, as unlike some others on here who may be nearly as religious but are able to moderate their feelings, HF truly does have a screw loose and doesn't seem able to control himself (a bit like Phil, in that regard..) -- as seen by his truly obnoxious attacks, that really do make the likes of occasionally rude and forceful people such as myself, Dodge and veya look like angels in comparison.

Secondly, I also suspect that those couple of trolling members in the NF Hens Club might well start petitioning to let Stormee back in, once Heavenly Farter was allowed back..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:49 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Alright, I've no intention of debating my points here, since it'll be entirely predictable, but I'll tell you why, since you asked.

HF.

Scrat.

Ahh the truely poor mind of a leftist, censurship. Where if you do not like something, its better to brush this under the carpet

Its also the worst defeatest attitute, in that you believe nobody can ever change their minds on something and here lies the difference between you and me

No matter that HF happens to be utterly rude and applling at times or Scrat a raving loon with a potty mouth, I am an advocate of free speech. One of the fundemenatl principles of Liberalism

And frankly if you cannot deal with heated issues or problems within the forum, then why on earth did you take the position to be a moderater? It was never going to be a cushy role. You simple cannot push people to one side, just because you dislike their views or how they act. The place has rules in place, which means the mods are then able to moderate from them

Any incident should be based on the act and not on the view of the actual poster themselves

Rolling Eyes

This kind of ignorant and self-righteous crap, all too typical of Dodge, is why that fool shouldn't expect anyone to debate this subject with him on here...

Didn't Eilzel state clearly enough up there, that he wasn't going to enter into discussions on his vote ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:51 am

eddie wrote:I love a vote!

And I’ve always said, anyone can come back apart from one poster.

So I have cast my vote for both.
Is that Kaka?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:58 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Rolling Eyes

This kind of ignorant and self-righteous crap, all too typical of Dodge,  is why that fool shouldn't expect anyone to debate this subject with him on here...

Didn't Eilzel state clearly enough up there, that he wasn't going to enter into discussions on his vote ???

Yess Eizel made it very clear he now requires ben to create a "safesapce" on the forum for him

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:52 am

Very much as Eil says . These two are possibly the worst two posters except andrea boreman and phil ever to despoil the pages of a forum.
I agree with Eils assesment of HF and as for scrat, considering he was banned from Sassy,s old forum says volumes. I also belive I have made my views known in the pst also....If he returns, even on the strength of a "peoples vote" I will not be hanging around......His abusive turbo nut attitude, lack of respect for the slightes conventions of debate or civility are not conductive to stability of a forum. He is perhaps the ONE ex poster for whom I have nothing but total contempt.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:15 am

HF.

Scrat.

Not that sexist/ageist abuse directed at women on here ruins the place. Rolling Eyes
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:51 am

Scrat used to call me a whore. He was vile about me, extremely vile.

They would both have to behave...Ben will be waiting for any excuse to kick scrat out particularly.

But I wouldn’t lose Les or Vic over it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:00 pm

The rule is, each of the four options must receive at least five votes in favor.

How is that going to happen then?

I haven't voted because I don't think it's up to me. I got on quite well with HF though, and I can't remember why he was banned.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:26 pm

The poll is rigged so that neither will be readmitted, since options a and b will probably get nil votes.
If it were down to me, I would let them both return, and if they misbehave, they will hang themselves.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:36 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Very much as Eil says . These two are possibly the worst two posters except andrea boreman and phil ever to despoil the pages of a forum.
I agree with Eils assesment of HF and as for scrat, considering he was banned from Sassy,s old forum says volumes. I also belive I have made my views known in the pst also....If he returns, even on the strength of a "peoples vote" I will not be hanging around......His abusive turbo nut attitude, lack of respect for the slightes conventions of debate or civility are not conductive to stability of a forum. He is perhaps the ONE ex poster for whom I have nothing but total contempt.

I nearly posted last night about him being a ranting raving turbo nut job...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Scrat wouldn’t last five minutes. He can’t keep a civil tongue in his head.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Perhaps we could have a poll on who we think would last longer?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Ben wrote:The rule is, each of the four options must receive at least five votes in favor.

What is the purpose of the '5-affirmative vote' qualification?  What result if this qualification isn't met?  Obviously if an option gets no vote, it loses.  Why penalize those who make other selections?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Imagine having a national election where failure to gain a certain percentage by one or more parties invalidates the entire election..
Sounds a bit Trumpesque.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:23 pm

I feel much the same as Eil and Lord Foul, two posters whom I both like and respect enormously, and I've voted accordingly.

So far as Scrat is concerned, if he comes back I'll almost certainly go. It's as simple as that.

It is nothing whatsoever to do with his politics; a number of existing posters share those with him and I both respect their views and am perfectly willing to discuss them in a friendly and civilised manner.

But I will not share a platform with Scrat.

I am not going into detail, because the reasons are now past history even though the wounds are still pretty raw. I think Eddie, as one of the mods here, knows the facts and I am happy for her to brief Ben as the site owner if she thinks that to be appropriate.

So far as HF, is concerned, I know very little about him and to be frank I can't remember sufficient of his posts to make a judgement. But if any current poster believes that his return might present a risk to the stability of NF, and if he is anything at all like Eil describes, then that's good enough for me.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Fred M. wrote:But I will not share a platform with Scrat.

I am not going into detail, because the reasons are now past history even though the wounds are still pretty raw. I think Eddie, as one of the mods here, knows the facts and I am happy for her to brief Ben as the site owner if she thinks that to be appropriate.

That doesn't sound like an erudite poster such as you, Fred.  I've always been of a mind that if you really don't like someone, the way to defeat him is on the field of battle.

With some of my greatest cyber-adversaries, I've cried when they were banned.  Wouldn't you rather play tennis with a superb opponent, than a patsy?

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:23 pm

I've let both back on, as "both" won out with 6 votes.

We'll be keeping a very close eye on them for the reasons many posters have listed above.

But I'm doing what I said I'd do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Cancel my account please ben I also am doing what I said Id do
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:36 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:I've let both back on, as "both" won out with 6 votes.

We'll be keeping a very close eye on them for the reasons many posters have listed above.

Think you need to check the vote count again...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Think you need to check the vote count again...

"Neither" got another vote apparently as I was making my post, so now they're tied. Come on, people, let's vote!

Since it's so close, I won't be voting. I have enough power here.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:43 pm

I certainly do not want to lose Fred or Lord Foul, so I have change my mind on the vote

They are two valuable to lose and if the reprecussions of this mean they go, then I can then not vote in favour of the return of HR and Scrat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:49 pm

This just isn't nice for some of the people voting, and it's not nice for HF and Scrat either - who wants to read that people can't stand you?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:05 pm

Didge wrote:I certainly do not want to lose Fred or Lord Foul, so I have change my mind on the vote

They are two valuable to lose and if the reprecussions of this mean they go, then I can then not vote in favour of the return of HR and Scrat.

Bit like the BREXIT referendum. There should be no second vote. You knew what you were voting for and the country (forum) has decided.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Angry Andy wrote:
Didge wrote:I certainly do not want to lose Fred or Lord Foul, so I have change my mind on the vote

Bit like the BREXIT referendum. There should be no second vote. You knew what you were voting for and the country (forum) has decided.

Oh yes i can, as if Fred and Lord foul go, so will I

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Why are you even having a vote? You're admin. It's your call. If they misbehave you just ban them again. They've had their chance. Though from past records, it's a no brainer that they won't change. The way this is going the lunatics are in charge of the asylum.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:09 pm

We're not voting on Miss Universe, didge.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Who said we were?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Who said we were?

You seem to think it's a popularity contest. It's just a simple question of these two posters. If others want to make it more, odds are they will be back.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Who said we were?

You seem to think it's a popularity contest.  It's just a simple question of these two posters.  If others want to make it more, odds are they will be back.

Incorrect yet again

To me its now become something else, as if two greatposters leave, then there is little point in staying myself

Got it? Now as you seem bored and want attention, may I suggest you go to the mirror and argue with yourself

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:33 pm

If Scrat comes back, goodbye all, it was nice meeting you !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:17 pm

I think there should be 2 separate votes...

One about allowing scrat back, and then another separate vote about HF...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I haven't voted because I don't think it's up to me. I got on quite well with HF though, and I can't remember why he was banned.

I can remember , veya was in a bad mood and couldn't get the better of a debate so he banned him , most people on here knew it was unfair but it got shrugged off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:This just isn't nice for some of the people voting, and it's not nice for HF and Scrat either - who wants to read that people can't stand you?

You're right so on behalf of my husband i will say take his name off the poll, why would he want to come back to all this shit .

I think its time i deleted my account too .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:53 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I can remember , veya was in a bad mood and couldn't get the better of a debate so he banned him , most people on here knew it was unfair but it got shrugged off.

Ah yes, I found the thread about his banning.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:This just isn't nice for some of the people voting, and it's not nice for HF and Scrat either - who wants to read that people can't stand you?

You're right so on behalf of my husband i will say take his name off the poll, why would he want to come back to all this shit .

I knew no good would come of this thread.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 pm

Wow. If Scrat and HF return, we could see an exodus of right wingers.
If will restore polical parity at least, as so few genuine left wingers remain after banning and leaving because of the aggression from certain posters.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:57 pm

HF.

Scrat.

I find you to be a horrible human being too at times but it isn't very nice to say so. You do not know my husband , you don't like him because he won't back down on his belief about homosexuality .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:07 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Wow. If Scrat and HF return, we could see an exodus of right wingers.
If will restore polical  parity at least, as so few genuine left wingers remain after banning and leaving because of the aggression from certain posters.

Les isn't right wing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:11 pm

I’d rather you didn’t and I know HF well enough to know he will find this rather amusing. He has a thick skin.

I thought it was a good idea to let posters choose rather than admin. Perhaps I was wrong then.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:21 pm

eddie wrote:

I’d rather you didn’t and I know HF well enough to know he will find this rather amusing. He has a thick skin.

I thought it was a good idea to let posters choose rather than admin. Perhaps I was wrong then.

No don't be daft , I just don't like people saying stuff about my hubby you know how it feels , it isn't nice to see when I know the person isn't all those things said about him. You've known me for years now on forums and also my hubby and know we don't like people bad mouthing either of us and its only natural to stick up for the man or woman you love . I'm not ashamed to say I love my husband more than anything and reading those posts were offensive . I noticed he's posted so I best get down on my knees and start praying Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 pm

I think everyone should calm down.

I dont see how letting two people post - and please bare in mind that scrat was more awful to me than most - is the end of the world?

If they misbehave then they’re gone.

Simple.

Is that not fair?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 pm

eddie wrote:I think everyone should calm down.

I dont see how letting two people post - and please bare in mind that scrat was more awful to me than most - is the end of the world?

If they misbehave then they’re gone.

Simple.

Is that not fair?

Absolutely fair, people are acting like we'd never had them here before.

If they step out of line, they're gone again.

If we only let people here that we like personally, then we're just a dumb little internet club.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next