NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should all those old enough to vote be allowed to vote?

4 posters

Go down

Should all those old enough to vote be allowed to vote? Empty Should all those old enough to vote be allowed to vote?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:42 pm

before people are allowed to vote should there be some test of their intelligence or understanding of politics rather than assume they are old enough now so they can vote...

Back to top Go down

Should all those old enough to vote be allowed to vote? Empty Re: Should all those old enough to vote be allowed to vote?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:39 pm

oh ok, i thought it would be an interesting debate...

Back to top Go down

Should all those old enough to vote be allowed to vote? Empty Re: Should all those old enough to vote be allowed to vote?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:16 pm

well this fell flat..

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:before people are allowed to vote should there be some test of their intelligence or understanding of politics rather than assume they are old enough now so they can vote...

I would like to say yes- since frankly most RW thinking people always seem a bit mentally 'lacking' shall we say  Wink 

Haha, seriously though no- although I do think some people are so stupid that their vote would hardly be well thought out- I am sure such people exist who vote for every single party there is. Besides, such a system would be open to abuse  Twisted Evil 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Sorry! Just now saw it, and it is an interesting question. I would say there should be no test or anything to allow voting, because any test is going to be seen by some as biased and because there's so much potential for it to be abused.

Yes, I do come from the country that elected George W. Bush in 2004, so I know about being frustrated with uninformed voters, but I wouldn't change the system in that way.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Sorry! Just now saw it, and it is an interesting question. I would say there should be no test or anything to allow voting, because any test is going to be seen by some as biased and because there's so much potential for it to be abused.

Yes, I do come from the country that elected George W. Bush in 2004, so I know about being frustrated with uninformed voters, but I wouldn't change the system in that way.

it just seems incredible that some have no idea about who they are voting for and what they stand for..

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Sorry! Just now saw it, and it is an interesting question. I would say there should be no test or anything to allow voting, because any test is going to be seen by some as biased and because there's so much potential for it to be abused.

it just seems incredible that some have no idea about who they are voting for and what they stand for..

I actually have far more faith in uncertain voters than the 'tribal voters' who 'voted Labour/Tory because my father voted Labour/Tory and his father before him....' urgh...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 pm

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-who-eats-breakfast-at-dunkin-donuts-every-morn,30259/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:

I actually have far more faith in uncertain voters than the 'tribal voters' who 'voted Labour/Tory because my father voted Labour/Tory and his father before him....' urgh...

I'll agree with that Les also I would make it law that everyone has to vote or at least spoil the paper.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-who-eats-breakfast-at-dunkin-donuts-every-morn,30259/

it does kinda make my point... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:before people are allowed to vote should there be some test of their intelligence or understanding of politics rather than assume they are old enough now so they can vote...

..now Favva...where will this lead is to??

Are you sure it's not just the rich type who should be allowed to vote?

We don't want to backwards so to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Joy Division wrote:

i realise the risks but it is hard to imagine why so many potential voters have no idea and giving people in jail the vote, really !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Joy Division wrote:

i realise the risks but it is hard to imagine why so many potential voters have no idea and giving people in jail the vote, really !!

Is lifelong deprivation of the right to vote a reasonable punishment for, say, stealing a car?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Is lifelong deprivation of the right to vote a reasonable punishment for, say, stealing a car?

nope just while they serve their time, if they want the nice things that come with being a citizen, don't break the law...

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:22 pm

@GIG
can't do it.... people like me would push for anyone believing in magic sky giants to lose their vote... tongue tongue tongue tongue  Just being honest  Wink Wink Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:35 am

Haha good point veya, people who unquestionably accept myths as truths really are the last people who should have an opinion on who runs the country Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:17 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@GIG
can't do it.... people like me would push for anyone believing in magic sky giants to lose their vote... tongue tongue tongue tongue  Just being honest  Wink Wink Wink 
equality again you can't beat it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:Haha good point veya, people who unquestionably accept myths as truths really are the last people who should have an opinion on who runs the country Smile
But it would be fine a gay to run the country , what would you do get all the CHRISTIANS  together and shoot us , how about the .m.uslims would they be let off or would you shoot them too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Eilzel wrote:Haha good point veya, people who unquestionably accept myths as truths really are the last people who should have an opinion on who runs the country Smile

oops thats evolutionists with no vote..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:26 pm

BBC interviewed 4 or 5 people last night after the Big Debate - one, who was in the audience and put a question to the two politicians (he was a young black foreigner) said he thought Nick Farage did best... oh, what, oh sorry, Nick Clegg.

The last one, a senile old woman also didn't know their names.

Pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:29 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:BBC interviewed 4 or 5 people last night after the Big Debate - one, who was in the audience and put a question to the two politicians (he was a young black foreigner) said he thought Nick Farage did best... oh, what, oh sorry, Nick Clegg.

The last one, a senile old woman also didn't know their names.

Pathetic.

at least they remembered the question ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:41 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
But it would be fine a gay to run the country , what would you do get all the CHRISTIANS  together and shoot us , how about the .Muslims would they be let off or would you shoot them too

What makes you think someone being gay makes them want to round up Christians or Muslims and shoot them?!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:
But it would be fine a gay to run the country , what would you do get all the CHRISTIANS  together and shoot us , how about the .Muslims would they be let off or would you shoot them too

What makes you think someone being gay makes them want to round up Christians or Muslims and shoot them?!

you wold have to shoot the Muslims or run because if they had their way they would kill the gays...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:07 pm

VOD(original) wrote:

It was in the spirit of the thread Dibs- what difference does being gay make? It isn't anything to do with decision making and well thought out policy- whereas someone who believes in angels and resurrections and virgin births and men walking on water or men flying to heaven on winged horses and doesn't question those things- well you have to wonder if they can be really all that wise for running a country  Laughing 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

you wold have to shoot the Muslims or run because if they had their way they would kill the gays...

Who would you rather shoot first Favva...a Muslim or a gay?

I know you definitely would love that chance, so denial is pointless ....

Your man enough to let your hate be known on here for both, but if you only had one bullet and were only allowed to kill one of them, which would it be Favva?....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Your man enough to let  your hate be known on here for both, but if you only had one bullet and were only allowed to kill one of them, which would it be Favva?....

I was a sniper, maybe i could get lucky and get six with one bullet... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Your man enough to let  your hate be known on here for both, but if you only had one bullet and were only allowed to kill one of them, which would it be Favva?....

..six of each? ::lightsab:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Joy Division wrote:

it would depend on how much explosive the m.uslim was wearing obviously... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Joy Division wrote:

it would depend on how much explosive the m.uslim was wearing obviously... Smile 

Your a real fcuker Favva  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Your a real fcuker Favva  Twisted Evil 

it takes one to know one JD....

freedom fighters will eventually be needed... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down